Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder (34537 Views)

Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by SayNo2SmallPrik: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
Purvan:

I’m a C0cksucker
Okay, nice.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
The Brazilian people are actually way more multi-ethnic. You have the Whites (Portuguese, Germans, Italians), the Arabs, the Japanese Brazilians (huge population), the Africans and the Native Brazilians.

... and you are right, those mixed with the Africans (Blacks) have badass physical shape grin .

Purvan:

Hehe

That happen when you race mix

Nigeria could've been like Brazil if dem British folks decided to bleep nigerian babes.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by 007kjb: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
deji17:

I'm sure you hate yourself the more. Logic and sense are far from you, otherwise, you will understand these very basic facts.

There is no logic in suffering,when we have the resources to be RICH

U ARE VERY UNINTELLIGENT

SO CHINA SHOULD BE POOR CAPITAL OF THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY ARE OVER A BILLION?

2 Likes

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by ramalot(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
There seems to be a lot of ignorance here about Brazil. Brazil is not the US, but it's not remotely Nigeria either.

I'm a US citizen, and currently spending 6 weeks in Brazil. I also spent about a year in Brazil, in 2020, as the pandemic hit. At the time, overstaying was permitted, because of the pandemic.

The development level of major Brazilian cities aren't nearly in the same league as Nigeria or any African country, except South Africa. A simple Google image search of Brazilian cities should offer you an idea.

Of course, there are many crappy neighborhoods and favelas, with high poverty and crime. In the same way, I can show you a bunch of slummy neighborhoods in the US with high crime.
The Brazilian economy has had major growth over the last 20 years, even though it has slowed down slightly.

Also, Brazil has a very strong passport. It gives you visa-free access to nearly 170 countries. For comparison, Nigeria's passport gets you to about 55 (mostly African countries).

For anyone who hasn't been to Brazil for at least a few weeks, you probably have a warped view of what it is like. So instead of making assumptions, it's better to look up some vital stats and info.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
undecided Some people are just funny. It amuses me how people are so narrow minded to see the abundant opportunities in Nigeria and utilize them efficiently. grin

It always amuses me really. Hope they are deported back to Nigeria at once. cheesy

Stop fooling yourself!!! Stipend collector.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Litmus:

Are they Nigerians, what evidence proved them genuinely Nigerians ?

Lol cheesy. All I can say is, this is not an intelligent question.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by frog12: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
have you seen it on TV too
all these western media work with each other grin
see as dem come look like the special investigator tinubu appoint to look at CBN finances

only madmen will make that type of trip, real madmen grin grin

optimusprime2:

I thought it was fake news but I just saw the report on BBC it appears to be true.

I was truly the mother of all crazzy risks to take.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by spencekat(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Prenonjebose:
Two returned back to Nigeria. Most likely to make another attempt at getting to Europe
And they may be unlucky attempting again.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Emma09(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Poverty and Illiteracy make one do such unimaginable things.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by frog12: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
@ram-a-lot, good to hear from you. na true those madmen actually were found in brazil ??

ramalot:
There seems to be a lot of ignorance here about Brazil. Brazil is not the US, but it's not remotely Nigeria either.

I'm a US citizen, and currently spending 6 weeks in Brazil. I also spent about a year in Brazil, in 2020, as the pandemic hit. At the time, overstaying was permitted, because of the pandemic.

The development level of major Brazilian cities aren't nearly in the same league as Nigeria or any African country, except South Africa. A simple Google image search of Brazilian cities should offer you an idea.

Of course, there are many crappy neighborhoods and favelas, with high poverty and crime. In the same way, I can show you a bunch of slummy neighborhoods in the US with high crime.
The Brazilian economy has had major growth over the last 20 years, even though it has slowed down slightly.

Also, Brazil has a very strong passport. It gives you visa-free access to nearly 170 countries. For comparison, Nigeria's passport gets you to about 55 (mostly African countries).

For anyone who hasn't been to Brazil for at least a few weeks, you probably have a warped view of what it is like. So instead of making assumptions, it's better to look up some vital stats and info.

Here are two pics I took in Brazil (just to add a little imagery to the thread).
The one from the mountain top was in Rio de Janeiro. The other was from my balcony, in Sao Paulo.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by yewit37486: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
xandy84:
First, you can make your points without being rude and made calling. Second, Brazil is better than Nigeria but no country in the world worth risking your life to travel to. $$ does not grow on trees.
I never said traveling is bad, in fact, traveling is awesome but I will NEVER risk my life to travel abroad cos we only have one life.
Please be matured enough to state your points without insult and name calling. It makes the receiver understand and possibly engage you in conversation next time. Peace

That guy is a very uncouth frustrated human being. People like that are best ignored.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by deji17: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
007kjb:

There is no logic in suffering,when we have the resources to be RICH

U ARE VERY UNINTELLIGENT

SO CHINA SHOULD BE POOR CAPITAL OF THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY ARE OVER A BILLION?

If only you can learn. The issue is unproductive population. You left out the word unproductive and chose to run with population. China population is productive and that is why you see them producing everything from Train, toothpick, underwear etc. What do you produce? The oil is too little when placed side by side with your population. Why is that simple fact too much for you to grasp? Your crazy, lazy little ass has a sense of entitlement that is not seen anywhere else in the world and that is exactly the reason why you are poor. Comprehend?
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by uunwanaobong3: 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
Question:
What will make a man take this extreme risk?

Answer:
It can only be the risk of his life.

Africa is a risk to her children.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by UnfairLife7(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Nigeria is useless to you and will forever remain useless to you, Nigeria will forever withhold her blessings from you. When you sow in the land, it will not bear you any fruit. Nigeria will never bless you and will curse you back forever
super story grin

Tell that to an average Nigerians who top the poverty ladder and unemployment. The way you asslick Buhari and later regret being the worst president in the history of Nigeria, that is how you will asslick Mr Emilokan and later regret at the end.

I heard you're a security guard grin grin
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by ramalot(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
frog12:
@ram-a-lot, good to hear from you. na true those madmen actually were found in brazil ??

I saw this story a few days. Yes, the story is true. You can look it up on reputable news sources, like Reuters.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by 007kjb: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
deji17:

If only you can learn. The issue is unproductive population. You left out the word unproductive and chose to run with population. China population is productive and that is why you see them producing everything from Train, toothpick, underwear etc. What do you produce? The oil is too little when placed side by side with your population. Why is that simple fact too much for grasp? Your crazy, lazy little ass has a sense of entitlement that is not seen anywhere else in the world and that is exactly the reason why you are poor. Comprehend?

It is good government that makes the population productive,pls Let's stop making excuses for bad government in NIGERIA.u know truth is life call a spade a spade

Have u ever wondered why NIGERIAN students in diaspora do so well, shattering records up and down......there is no level playing ground In NIGERIA simple
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by mofedamijo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nazgul:
Please I want to ask. The oil Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar... etc has, is the same oil we have here in Nigeria?

Cos with the kind of oil and other mineral resources we have in this country, it's almost impossible to believe that Nigeria has one of the lowest GDP per capita in the world. It's citizens are languishing in abject poverty.

UAE: population is 10 million, they produce about 4 million barrels of petroleum and liquids per day.

Nigeria: Population is over 200million, but produces about 1.5 million barrels per day.

Lets say a barrel of oil is $80, The UAE makes $320,000,000 per day for 10million people.

Nigeria makes $120,000,000 per day for over 200million people.

With that massive population, Nigeria aint that rich after all.

Nigeria needs to diversify its economy.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by frog12: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
reuters na CIA outlet grin

is it on brazil newspapers or TV? no be there you dey? grin

ramalot:

I saw this story a few days. Yes, the story is true. You can look it up on reputable news sources, like Reuters.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by greall12(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
It’s real , I read it on yahoo new yesterday. 2 of them was interview.

frog12:
these people live in riverine areas, so they know know how to swim and navigate in waters. but na big risk dem take... madmen!

i don't believe this story. i think na fake dem plant for the newspaper.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by frog12: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
i mean a pentecostal pastor that should be advising against these types of irresponsible behaviour !!

madmen. real madmen!
greall12:
It’s real , I read it on yahoo new yesterday. 2 of them was interview.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by deji17: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
007kjb:

It is good government that makes the population productive,pls Let's stop making excuses for bad government in NIGERIA.u know truth is life call a spade a spade

Have u ever wondered why NIGERIAN students in diaspora do so well, shattering records up and down......there is no level playing ground In NIGERIA simple

The people in govt are a direct reflection of the population. It's like looking yourself in the mirror. Garbage in, garbage out. Like followers, like leaders.
NB. Academic excellence is not the only yardstick for measuring intelligence. Overseas, majority don't have more than high school diploma, yet they are more productive and prosperous.. Where it counts is the area of research and discoveries. With all that degree that you said Nigerians are acquiring overseas, how many of it has led to Nobel laureate, innovation and discoveries?
Have you heard of this passage before: " Ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth"?

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Willie2015: 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

They are every where and too obvious begging to be explored. Am not focused on white collar jobs. Those ones are peanuts. Am talking about Brown collar jobs which pay is so limitless and very appreciative.

Pride is one major reason alot of Nigerians suffering and the lack of using their brain.

Who is talking about SMEs? Mind you that reason for their failure is simply because people think money is it takes. Lol grin

You think these ones up there are going to Brazil to work in a Bank as managers? They are going there to do very odd jobs such jobs they feel too ashamed to do in Nigeria. What a pity. UnfairLife7 cheesy

U dont understand the basics...
Dis got nothing to do with pride.. grin
The odd jobs overseas pay per hour..
.and there is a minimum wage... every employer must follow...grin
Their govt make environment easier for their people to prosper..
In Naija...the system is bleeped up...
No one give a shit about the law...or minimum wage..
Tax from FG..SG..LG..Agebro is enough to kill any bizness...
Above 70m folks in Naija lives below $2/day....try reason am...
Its gat nothing to do with pride or thinkin...
Its all about a conducive environs..
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by rapheal5(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:
See these Yoruba people o grin!

After foolishly voting for Tinubu and standing on his retarded mandate, you're stowing away in ships to escape the effects of the governance of the same thieving charlatan you stubbornly voted for cause of tribe and religion.

They should deport the bastard back to Ibadan let him join the army and eat Tinubu's maize!
Idiot with fake Monika on account less than a month shading yoruba ppl, you think all yoruba ppl voted for Tinubu. Those backward ppl you live with in the north as really done more harm to ur thinking faculty...
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by tojahh(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
frog12:
wetin happen there?

It's a tale... One day I'll write it
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by BoldBrainz(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
rapheal5:
Idiot with fake Monika on account less than a month shading yoruba ppl, you think all yoruba ppl voted for Tinubu. Those backward ppl you live with in the north as really done more harm to ur thinking faculty...

Inconsequential motherfvcker.. grin! You're not on the list of users I take seriously. Rest!
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Fmghewzy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

So which African country is better than Brazil is regards to living standards or healthcare or education. Healthcare in Brazil is free. Education in Brazil Is free with very high standards. The university of Sao Paulo is amongst the top 100 universities in the world. The university of cape town which is the best in Africa isn't amongst the top 100. So what in africa is better than in Brazil. Mention it. I am waiting.

I see how you dogded high crime Rate , I like that.

The only thing I would agree with is their free educational system.

Everyone knows Ranking shit is false and biased , with money and right connection you would rank high.

On health care , its on par with many African countries, like Ghana, Tunisia,Algeria.

So making brazil out as some sort of heaven is a weird.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Weedhustler: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Have you been to Brazil?

Good question!
U dey mind d mugu!
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by rapheal5(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Inconsequential motherfvcker.. grin! You're not on the list of users I take seriously. Rest!
werey dey disguise show ur true Monika if u get the mind, retarded coward... grin
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Prenonjebose: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
spencekat:
And they may be unlucky attempting again.
Exactly. They are hardened. Many people would rather stay back

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by BoldBrainz(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
rapheal5:
werey dey disguise show ur true Monika if u get the mind, retarded coward... grin

I don't even trade comments with bastards that use "u, ur" and all those sort of repulsive abbreviations during dialogues.. grin.

Go and meet Helinues. He'll entertain your buffoonery!
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
Willie2015:

U dont understand the basics...
Dis got nothing to do with pride.. grin
The odd jobs overseas pay per hour..
.and there is a minimum wage... every employer must follow...grin
Their govt make environment easier for their people to prosper..
In Naija...the system is bleeped up...
No one give a shit about the law...or minimum wage..
Tax from FG..SG..LG..Agebro is enough to kill any bizness...
Above 70m folks in Naija lives below $2/day....try reason am...
Its gat nothing to do with pride or thinkin...
Its all about a conducive environs..

The environment of course is not conducive for lazy folks. grin It can't be. More so, lol...do we spend dollars in Nigeria? Lol so the reason for your poverty is Agbero. Lol....you lack talent and expect things to happen without effort. cheesy
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by rapheal5(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I don't even trade comments with bastards that use "u, ur" and all those sort of repulsive abbreviations during dialogues.. grin.

Go and meet Helinues. He'll entertain your buffoonery!
grin grin grin angry 🖕

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments / 2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Ohanmi Road Washes Off Two Months After Completion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.