Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri (46594 Views)

Itan Monamona: Who Starved Igbos To Death In 1967? / Victory For Atiku, Obi, Would’ve Retired Many APC Leaders — Garba Shehu / I Would’ve Escaped 11-year Trial For N4.7bn Fraud If I Had Joined APC —ladoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2023
Metrofox:

Illiterate read and recite properly: the stars dear Brutus lies not in our stars but in ourselves for we are underlings

God punish you presumptuous boy. I be your mate! Does the trash you wrote there make any meaning to you? This is the original Quotation:

“Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings”.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Bestmanfornow: 7:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Rolings:

Okay I will.
But that won't take away the fact that your forebears were lazy ogogoro drinking simps who didn't have liver to build any kingdom ....fight wars of expansion and conquest....and build any empire.
So I forgive you for not knowing what an empire is.
Chill
You can never be as great as the yorubas....quit trying already.
Do you think it's a fluke that Yorubas have become president twice in the last 23 years while igbos don't even know when if at all any igboman will become president......thats what happens when you descend from great empire builders
Great as Yoruba that lost Kwara to Fulani grin cheesy

Tell me how Obasanjo president transformed Yoruba land and makes them to be richest tribe, tell me how Jonathan transformed Ijaw, Kastina is the only state that has produced two time president still it's one of the poorest state in Nigeria, it only make you guys lazy and depends on handouts , Tinubu will soon be another history, there is better life outside politics and more avenue to make money outside politics that is why average business man in Onitsha will be building 5 stores buildings in 2 or 3 places in a year while you are struggling to build bungalow for years

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Robinmido(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2023
Oh! I see, so you're hoping on chasing them back to Thier land abi? 🤣🤣 Dey play. They'll be your landlords and you'll be Thier tenant right in your father's land. Don't mess with those people
zomby:

Ashamed of what??
Only a bastard will abandon his father’s land and empower another man’s land. When the time is right, the land owner will chase the bastards back to where he comes from.

Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of…
can’t you see the igbos walking around Lagos with their balls wrapped around their legs? This is what happens when you abandon your father’s land…NO WHERE TO GO
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Bestmanfornow: 7:47am On Aug 03, 2023
Rolings:

Na only una kuku understand whatever you meant by igbos giving anybody sleepless night.... I'm typing at 7am but this igbo dude thinks I had a sleepless night . It's okay...i learnt not argue with igbos again because they argue blindly....I just allow them wallow in their stupidity.
The craze for materialism in the igbo society is because of the heavy Slave and freeborn caste system in the society.....and since majority of igbos belong to the slave caste they believe with money you can wash yourself of the slave caste....but an Osu is always an Osu

Slaves
Master living in penury, when will Tinubu wipe out the slums in your region and rebuild your cities into a modern society

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Edruezzi: 7:49am On Aug 03, 2023
The mistake Gowon made was trying to fight the Igbo from the south. That's where the Nigerian army encountered forests that gave the Biafrans cover. The fight from Ogoja southward was easier because of the open plains and lasted only from July 1967 to December 1967. After that area had been conquered Gowon should have simply put impregnable forces equipped with armor and heavy artillery around the areas held by Biafra and blockaded those areas until they surrendered. Also, Ojukwu should never have been pardoned and allowed in Nigeria, talk less of running for public office.
The current five Igbo states and the region of Delta State with Igbo should have their governors removed and replaced with military governors of general or admiral rank who answer only to the President. That should continue until the stupid agitation for Biafra has stopped.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by adeheritage: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2023
Good enough, Reno was not Gowon, Igbos survived.

Trust in the lord and do right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by GREATROSES2: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2023
Rubbish dey sweet to talk when you dey hidden.....
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by unavailablecity: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2023
CORRECT MAN RENO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Fugazy2023: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2023
Dafresh:

What the meaning of NZOGBU NZOGBU? Even Tinubu can't do without Igbos had it been we fall he wouldn't have appointed Igbos in his Cabinet or can you appoint failures to work for you?

You people sha need to calm down. You guys are just too toxic in the SM space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Dinieoj(f): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2023
If you're lost or dieing just speak against the Igbos and your lost glory will just receive life again, is that not wonderful? The name Igbo alone does wonders.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2023
Metrofox:

Gbegiri and ewedu for breakfast , lunch and dinner grin
Absolutely
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Dafresh: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2023
Fugazy2023:

You people sha need to calm down. You guys are just too toxic in the SM space
Is this the answer to what I posted? Can you appoint failures to work for you?
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by favor914: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2023
Dafresh:

Is this the answer to what I posted? Can you appoint failures to work for you?
Did anyone appoint you to work for them?
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Dafresh: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2023
favor914:
Did anyone appoint you to work for them?
you're not intelligent at all, you said Igbos are failures and I asked why did Tinubu appoint Igbos to work as his cabinet if Igbos are failures, I asked you to mention the field that Igbos have failed but you can't answer the question. Your IQ is 0.1%
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by 9jaRealist: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2023
beerfraud:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1686660877297037312

This Arrow has moved from a simple EEDIOT to an aspiring WAR CRIMINAL…
>
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by ibinaboonline: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2023
This one is a pastor o. He pastors a church. Congregation and all. Man of god be dis.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Bestmanfornow: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2023
Edruezzi:
The mistake Gowon made was trying to fight the Igbo from the south. That's where the Nigerian army encountered forests that gave the Biafrans cover. The fight from Ogoja southward was easier because of the open plains and lasted only from July 1967 to December 1967. After that area had been conquered Gowon should have simply put impregnable forces equipped with armor and heavy artillery around the areas held by Biafra and blockaded those areas until they surrendered. Also, Ojukwu should never have been pardoned and allowed in Nigeria, talk less of running for public office.
The current five Igbo states and the region of Delta State with Igbo should have their governors removed and replaced with military governors of general or admiral rank who answer only to the President. That should continue until the stupid agitation for Biafra has stopped.
Igbos are busy in their various fields hustling while you guys are busy hating grin cheesy grin
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by pansophist(m): 10:56am On Aug 03, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin
My brother, oyinbo people have really dealt with us. The truth is, have lost hope in black race and pan Africanism. Blacks and Africa as a whole are too divided along ethnic, religious and colonial lines. Francophone countries sabotaging anglophone countries efforts and many more.

The truth still remain that, even if you divide Nigeria along ethnic lines, in the absence of their present competitors, another one will fill the void.
Give Yorubas their own country and you will be surprised how we will start talking about ijebu man, egba man, ijesa man, Oyo man, ekiti man etc.

Then the issue of Christianity and Muslim will arise to full scale because what has been keeping us one is a perceived competitor from other major ethnic tribes like Igbos or hausas. The Igbos too will have the issue likewise hausas because in the absence of the so called perceived problems, a new problem will be created from the smaller fractions.

Go to smaller African countries like Liberia, Seria Leone and other smaller countries and you will be amazed at the sheer hatred among them along dialect lines (a smaller fractions of ethnic)

Sad to think.

I agree with you. I had an argument with Caveadullam I think two years ago, where he was saying that the black race is mentally inferior. I vehemently disagreed with him, but I keep seeing pieces of evidence that prove his point.

It is a cold hard fact, but nevertheless, I just find it hard to accept. Even in the US, the so-called black lives matter only when white cops kill black folks. But most of the gun deaths of black people are caused by other black people.

In Canada for example, I have a few friends that migrated there from Europe, and it was white folks that helped them with this thing called LMIA for free, but other black folks like them are charging about 30-40k CAD usd for sponsorship.

We don't think as a community, we constantly stab each other just to get ahead. We don't help. Even here on nairaland, scammers full everywhere hiding as visa agents. Tribal bigots flourish, and hate based on religion is even a thing.

So yes you are right. Even if Biafra secedes, or Oduduwa, the smaller groups will find divisions amongst themselves to hate each other. The bigger one will oppress the smaller one.

Secession doesn't even have to happen to observe this reality. Even in villages in some Igbo states, they won't allow their daughter/sons to marry from another village. Ironically, they see no problem if their children marry a white man.

I will say we are almost finished as a people. The whites don't bother about us at all. We are a defeated people, by our own actions.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by 7upnigeria: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2023
Metrofox:

Lol of course it's not a sin until they slowly wipe out your culture, we're watching as the Trojan horse unfurls and guess what? We'll be happy to negotiate with your Arab slave masters. Your raghead brothers will do the work from the inside out and turn you all to Arab slaves and porters.. you should not be worried at all. Just a matter of 30 to 50 years and you'll not have an identity. What is worse than a man without an identity grin

Mumu, worry about the human beings that's are getting wiped out in the east. Yoruba culture can never be wiped out. Anikulapo, Ageshinkole getting nominated for Academy awards are proofs. Now, Orisha and Jagun jagun will soon be out in Cinemas. It doesnt touch your brain that jagun jagun was produced by Femi Adebayo who is a muslim and proper Ilorin boy. You dont understand how things work in Yorubaland, you think its d stupid chestbeating you do in Igboland that has rendered your tribe POLITICALLY USELESS or the stubbornness that led to your ancestors corpse being fed to dogs at Ore during the civil war. We dont operate FOOLISHLY in Yorubaland, you can continue to claim being Catholics or fight to become ASSISTANT JEWS. We are Yorubas and we value our culture.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Rolings: 11:55am On Aug 03, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Master living in penury, when will Tinubu wipe out the slums in your region and rebuild your cities into a modern society

Are you jealous because don't have something like this down east.....
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Metrofox(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
when last have you heard invasion in yoruba land?kikiki
Last time I checked,Fulani terrorist sacked a whole village in Enugu,you guys couldn’t blink eye.
You should be the one to prepare for the next invasion.
Shameless refugee who have escaped to all SW states

invasion in Enugu? impossible, they were dealt with even with a Fulani president and they trooped into south west. We don't raise cowardly men here, you should leave ogbomosho sometime to see what real men look like
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Metrofox(m): 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
7upnigeria:

Mumu, worry about the human beings that's are getting wiped out in the east. Yoruba culture can never be wiped out. Anikulapo, Ageshinkole getting nominated for Academy awards are proofs. Now, Orisha and Jagun jagun will soon be out in Cinemas. It doesnt touch your brain that jagun jagun was produced by Femi Adebayo who is a muslim and proper Ilorin boy. You dont understand how things work in Yorubaland, you think its d stupid chestbeating you do in Igboland that has rendered your tribe POLITICALLY USELESS or the stubbornness that led to your ancestors corpse being fed to dogs at Ore during the civil war. We dont operate FOOLISHLY in Yorubaland, you can continue to claim being Catholics or fight to become ASSISTANT JEWS. We are Yorubas and we value our culture.

Who cares about jagun jagun when your brothers are wearing bedsheets on their heads and holding sticks looking like a mobile tent.. When we stand, we stand firmly for ideals and principles. The only reason Nigeria is operating today is because it is a business that is milked by the way with the aid of your politically relevant useless leaders who specialize in spreading poverty. Igbos like jews run the economy and have the best distribution of wealth amongst her tribe. Your brothers keep queuing for rice and amala in front of rinubu's house. Nah we don't encourage slavery here.. there's no use for the power you always lay claim to, just more poverty. Sorry
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Barblow(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Let Reno be reported to UK, Canada and other top countries of the World, so that he would be banned from entry/travelling so such countries of his statement.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Bestmanfornow: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Rolings:

Are you jealous because don't have something like this down east.....
You're proud of slums grin grin
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Fejoku: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
In other words, any Igbo man who gets Reno Omokri within his space should ensure to starve him to death. It is well noted.
Next.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by CaveAdullam: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
pansophist:

Sad to think.

I agree with you. I had an argument with Caveadullam I think two years ago, where he was saying that the black race is mentally inferior. I vehemently disagreed with him, but I keep seeing pieces of evidence that prove his point.

It is a cold hard fact, but nevertheless, I just find it hard to accept. Even in the US, the so-called black lives matter only when white cops kill black folks. But most of the gun deaths of black people are caused by other black people.

In Canada for example, I have a few friends that migrated there from Europe, and it was white folks that helped them with this thing called LMIA for free, but other black folks like them are charging about 30-40k CAD usd for sponsorship.

We don't think as a community, we constantly stab each other just to get ahead. We don't help. Even here on nairaland, scammers full everywhere hiding as visa agents. Tribal bigots flourish, and hate based on religion is even a thing.

So yes you are right. Even if Biafra secedes, or Oduduwa, the smaller groups will find divisions amongst themselves to hate each other. The bigger one will oppress the smaller one.

Secession doesn't even have to happen to observe this reality. Even in villages in some Igbo states, they won't allow their daughter/sons to marry from another village. Ironically, they see no problem if their children marry a white man.

I will say we are almost finished as a people. The whites don't bother about us at all. We are a defeated people, by our own actions.

This and @emmaodet conclusion is why I told you about that pet theory of mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Karleb(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
pansophist:

Sad to think.

If we can agree that on average, black people are stronger than other races. This was proven beyond doubt during slave trade.

Then we should be able to agree that white are superior in terms of how they think.

Not that they have higher IQ or more intelligent but they just tend to think better even when they are doing bad.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by CaveAdullam: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Karleb:

If we can agree that on average, black people are stronger than other races. This was proven beyond doubt during slave trade.

Then we should be able to agree that white are superior in terms of how they think.

Not that they have higher IQ or more intelligent but they just tend to think better even when they are doing bad.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule.

I hope you see the contradiction @bolded.

Well done, sir.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by XAUBulls: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
beerfraud:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1686660877297037312
Reno never said in that post that he would starve people like the headline suggests.
He wrote about emplying a blockade to end any war.
Re: If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri by Karleb(m): 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
CaveAdullam:

I hope you see the contradiction @bolded.

Well done, sir.

I don't see any there. Maybe you can show me, respectfully.

You can be a genius with the highest IQ and still have a very horrible character while another person could have an average IQ and be a very good person.

There is a story of a freed slave that went into the business of salary and was grinding more results than the white slavers so much so the white slavers had to come meet him to tell them how he does that. As told by Dave Chappell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Xerona Duke Performing At Niyola’s Concert (Photos) / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.