Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) (5115 Views)

Is Jesus Christ (iesus, Issus) Truly The Son Of God? Let's Engage! / Helios Christos. / Jesus Is Serapis. Truth Finally Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

You need to first have knowledge on who you are bringing in.
Where did he call himself a Christian?

Here is polycarp epistles to the Philippians.
Read it to know if he's a Christian.

https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0136.htm

Here are excerpts from the letter...

Polycarp, and the presbyters with him, to the Church of God sojourning at Philippi: Mercy to you, and peace from God Almighty, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour, be multiplied.

I exhort you all, therefore, to yield obedience to the word of righteousness, and to exercise all patience, such as you have seen [set] before your eyes, not only in the case of the blessed Ignatius, and Zosimus, and Rufus... they are [now] in their due place in the presence of the Lord, with whom also they suffered. For they loved not this present world, but Him who died for us, and for our sakes was raised again by God from the dead.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Here is polycarp epistles to the Philippians.
Read it to know if he's a Christian.

https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0136.htm

Here are excerpts from the letter...

Polycarp, and the presbyters with him, to the Church of God sojourning at Philippi: Mercy to you, and peace from God Almighty, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour, be multiplied.

I exhort you all, therefore, to yield obedience to the word of righteousness, and to exercise all patience, such as you have seen [set] before your eyes, not only in the case of the blessed Ignatius, and Zosimus, and Rufus... they are [now] in their due place in the presence of the Lord, with whom also they suffered. For they loved not this present world, but Him who died for us, and for our sakes was raised again by God from the dead.
Where did he mention “christian”?

And did he speak English?
What’s church in greek?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Yes who is father clement; bring out his work in 1st century christianity.
nowhere is he described as a bishop or called such until about 100 years after his death.

First epistle of Clement to the corinthians. Written in 70 AD.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Where did he mention “christian”?

And did he speak English?
What’s church in greek?

Hahahaha.
Someone mentioned Christ in his letter, u looking for the suffix ian.
Which is more important Christ or Christian?

See u clutching at straws, did he speak English. No he actually spoke Zimbabwe.

I wil bury u in 1st century Christian history. All the nonsense junks u ve been feeding yourself would clear from your eyes.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

First epistle of Clement to the corinthians. Written in 70 AD.
When was the second epistle writren?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Hahahaha.
Someone mentioned Christ in his letter, u looking for the suffix ian.
Which is more important Christ or Christian?

See u clutching at straws, did he speak English. No he actually spoke Zimbabwe.

I wil bury u in 1st century Christian history. All the nonsense junks u ve been feeding yourself
would clear from your eyes.
He spoke greek, what’s christ in greek?

Even in your New Testament,it was written as CHREST!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

When was the second epistle writren?

So do u now believe father Clement wrote a letter to Christians in the 1st century.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

He spoke greek, what’s christ in greek?

Even in your New Testament,it was written as CHREST!

I thought u said there was no Christianity in the 1st century.
So u now believe father polycarp wrote to Philippians Christians in Greek language.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

So do u now believe father Clement wrote a letter to Christians in the 1st century.
I wanted to show your folly, when was the second one written?
By who?

It’s a Pseudepigrapha!!!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

I thought u said there was no Christianity in the 1st century.
So u now believe father polycarp wrote to Philippians Christians in Greek language.
There was no “Christianity” in 1st century.

What century was the polycarp letter written)
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

I wanted to show your folly, when was the second one written?
By who?

It’s a Pseudepigrapha!!!

Scholars in theology accept it was written by father Clement.
This conclusion came from the content and structure of the letter itself.
Your opinion doesn't count. Especially since u just knew about the letter today.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Scholars in theology accept it was written by father Clement.
This conclusion came from the content and structure of the letter itself.
Your opinion doesn't count. Especially since u just knew about the letter today.
Which scholars?
Post them na.

It is Interesting that Ignatius of Antioch, writing c. 107A.D. made no mention of any bishop in Rome despite his emphases on obedience to the head elder in every other letter.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

There was no “Christianity” in 1st century.

What century was the polycarp letter written)

104 AD. 4 yrs after 1st century. Virtually every member of the church in Philipi were born in the 1st century!!!
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

104 AD. 4 yrs after 1st century. Virtually every member of the church in Philip were born in the 1st century!!!
When did paul the apostle die?

Who is this polycarp??

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Which scholars?
Post them na.

It is Interesting that Ignatius of Antioch, writing c. 107A.D. made no mention of any bishop in Rome despite his emphases on obedience to the head elder in every other letter.

I didn't mention any bishop title in my posts. Stop debating what no one asked u.

Were there Christians in the 1st century? If your answer is no, then who are father Clement, father Ignatius and Polycarp.
Were they also invented by whatever as alluded by your confused colleague hackermind9009.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

I didn't mention any bishop title in my posts. Stop debating what no one asked u.

Were there Christians in the 1st century? If your answer is no, then who are father Clement, father Ignatius and Polycarp.
Were they also invented by whatever as alluded by your confused colleague hackermind9009.
Why are you calling them fathers if they are not pope?
How do you know they are fathers?

There was no “Christianity” in first century.
The New Testament was written in greek, and it is written as CHRESTIANS!

You are the confused one, how many times was “Christians” used in the New Testament?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

When did paul the apostle die?

Who is this polycarp??

Read about Polycarp here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarp.

Now answer my question. Was he a Christian in the 1st century?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Read about Polycarp here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarp.

Now answer my question. Was he a Christian in the 1st century?
Everything you know about polycarp is from ……

Which john the apostle were they disciples of?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Why are you calling them fathers if they are not pope?
How do you know they are fathers?

There was no “Christianity” in first century.
The New Testament was written in greek, and it is written as CHRESTIANS!

You are the confused one, how many times was “Christians” used in the New Testament?

Father isn't the same thing as pope. U ignoramus.

Ok I will remove the father title if that's what confusing u.
Now who are Ignatius, Clement and Polycarp if there was no Christians in the 1st century.

Last chance to answer the question. Either answer or I end the conversation.
I don't have time for your whataboutism.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Father isn't the same thing as pope. U ignoramus.

Ok I will remove the father title if that's what confusing u.
Now who are Ignatius, Clement and Polycarp if there was no Christians in the 1st century.

Last chance to answer the question. Either answer or I end the conversation.
I don't have time for your whataboutism.
Dummy; I didn’t say father means pope, these letters were said to be written by POPES, another lie by the early church fathers.
Everything you know about this people are from there lying counterparts.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Everything you know about polycarp is from ……

Which john the apostle were they disciples of?

Did I ever mention Polycarp relationship with John. Did I?
What's wrong with u bringing up things never raised.

My question is simple.
Was polycarp a Christian in the first century? Yes or No.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Did I ever mention Polycarp relationship with John. Did I?
What's wrong with u bringing up things never raised.

My question is simple.
Was polycarp a Christian in the first century? Yes or No.
How do you know polycarp then?
Why is he relevant?

Didn’t i ask you, who made this people “apostolic fathers”?
Are they from Rome?

All your sources are dubious.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

How do you know polycarp then?
Why is he relevant?

Didn’t i ask you, who made this people “apostolic fathers”?
Are they from Rome?

All your sources are dubious.

He's relevant because he was amongst the 1st century Christians leader.
His life and death are well documented. He died a martyr.
His letter to Philippians is one of the preserved early church writings

All your nonsense talk about Christianity designed or invented by Romans in the 1st or 2nd century or whatever lacks credibility.

There's no vacuum in our church history to insert a bogus fantasy Roman story.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

He's relevant because he was amongst the 1st century Christians leader who transitioned into 2nd century.
His life and death are well documented. He died a martyr.
His letter to Philippians is one of the preserved early church writings

All your nonsense talk about Christianity designed or invented by Romans in the 1st or 2nd century or whatever lacks credibility.

Everything you are saying comes from a book written by an UNKNOWN PERSON.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Illiterate, i am saying Iesus chrestus is a roman parody!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Everything you are saying comes from a book written by an UNKNOWN PERSON.

Majority of what we know about Polycarp is from Iraenius, his student.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Apart from him who again?
And was this not 100 years AFTER?
Is Iraenius also not an apostolic?
Who gave him the title?
A fraud using a forgery to ascertain himself.

Of the many gospels written in antiquity, exactly four gospels came to be accepted as part of the New Testament, or canonical. An insistence upon a canonical four, and no others, was a central theme of Irenaeus of Lyon.

He claimed only four in number; according to Romer, "like the four zones of the world, the four winds, the four divisions of man’s estate, and the four forms of the first living creatures – the lion of Mark, the calf of Luke, the man of Matthew, the eagle of John."
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Also the gospel were written by UKNOWN AUTHORS!!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

Apart from him who again?
And was this not 100 years AFTER?
Is Iraenius also not an apostolic?
Who gave him the title?
A fraud using a forgery to ascertain himself.

Of the many gospels written in antiquity, exactly four gospels came to be accepted as part of the New Testament, or canonical. An insistence upon a canonical four, and no others, was a central theme of Irenaeus of Lyon.

He claimed only four in number; according to Romer, "like the four zones of the world, the four winds, the four divisions of man’s estate, and the four forms of the first living creatures – the lion of Mark, the calf of Luke, the man of Matthew, the eagle of John."

Iraenius isn't one of the 5 apostolic fathers, Olodo.
If u understand why they are called apostolic fathers, u won't mention Iraenius.
Read u won't do, study u refuse. Instead u will be filling your head with rubbish conspiracy theories making claims u can't defend.

I will continue to knack your head with sense on nairaland until u repent.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Iraenius isn't one of the 5 apostolic fathers, Olodo.
If u understand why they are called apostolic fathers, u won't mention Iraenius.
Read u won't do, study u refuse. Instead u will be filling your head with rubbish conspiracy theories making claims u can't defend.

I will continue to knack your head with sense on nairaland until u repent.
You are the illiterate, i never said “5 apostolic father”, i said apostolic father.
And who made this people “5 apostolic fathers”?
I just showed you none of these met the apostles with the dates mentioned.

Who made this people “apostolic”?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
SIRTee15:

Why are they called the “apostolic fathers” by who?
Mention them, we can start with Linus and let’s see if they are truly that cheesy
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Maynman:

You are the illiterate, i never said “5 apostolic father”, i said apostolic father.
And who made this people “apostolic fathers”?
I just showed you none of these met the apostles with the dates mentioned.

Who made this people “apostolic”?

Apostolic fathers were early church leaders who personally met and knew the 12 apostles of Jesus.
Irenaeus was born in 130AD, he couldn't have met any of them.

Now answer my question, was polycarp, Clement and Ignatius Christian leaders in the 1st century. Yes or No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mohammed Was An Arab. Abraham, Moses And All Prophets Were Jewish! Smt's Wrong! / POPES WHO WERE ACTUALLY TERRIBLE PEOPLE [PHOTOS] / Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.