Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,016 members, 7,859,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) (5384 Views)

Is Jesus Christ (iesus, Issus) Truly The Son Of God? Let's Engage! / Helios Christos. / Jesus Is Serapis. Truth Finally Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Josephus wasnt confused like u. He knew the difference between James brother of jesus Christ and James son of Judas. He wrote about them separately.
U are the one doing a forceful merger of 2 characters into 1. Thats a binitarian concept, where did u get it from.
Read your own screenshot.

Judas of galilee was a zealot, those that died besides iesus christ are zealots 😂

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Read your own screenshot.

Judas of galilee was a zealot, those that died besides iesus christ are zealots 😂

Are u this dumb....Jeeez. who am I dealing with here.
So because the the sons of Judas were killed. Every James that dies in Josephus report must be the son of Judas of Galilee.

I brought Josephus account of how James son of Judas was killed which is independent of how James brother of jesus Christ was killed.
One was crucified, the other was stoned.
One was killed on order of Alexander, the other was on the order of Ananias the high priest.
The death of one led to the removal of the high priest.

How are the same person? Are u a retard or something.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Are u this dumb....Jeeez. who am I dealing with here.
So because the the sons of Judas were killed. Every James that dies in Josephus report must be the son of Judas of Galilee.

I brought Josephus account of how James son of Judas was killed which is independent of how James brother of jesus Christ was killed.
One was crucified, the other was stoned.
One was killed on order of Alexander, the other was on the order of Ananias the high priest.
The death of one led to the removal of the high priest.

How are the same person? Are u a retard or something.
How many James were talked about in the book?
You are reading one page out of a whole book.

After reading the rest of the text of this passage we find that the Jews were so angry about the stoning of James that they demanded that King Agrippa fire Ananus. Why would the Jews be angered over the killing of a Christian, since Christians were seen as heathens by the Jews?
Finally, the Jesus mentioned in the passage was in fact one “Jesus, the son of Damneus” in the last line. The name Jesus (Ἰησοῦ) was a very common name, especially in the 1st century CE which lends to the confusion.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Yes read it.
Who are his sons, how did they die.

Josephus book was about judas of galilee. The early church fathers use josephus book alot.

Who did you think did those altering?

Gamaliel spoke about Judas of Galilee when addressing the apostles. So he couldn't have been Jesus Christ.

Acts 5
33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 [b]After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. [/b]38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

40 His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Gamaliel spoke about Judas of Galilee when addressing the apostles. So he couldn't have been Jesus Christ.

Acts 5
33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 [b]After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. [/b]38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

40 His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

Who wrote book of acts?

All the gospels are anonymous!

When will you get it?

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

How many James were talked about in the book?
You are reading one page out of a whole book.

After reading the rest of the text of this passage we find that the Jews were so angry about the stoning of James that they demanded that King Agrippa fire Ananus. Why would the Jews be angered over the killing of a Christian, since Christians were seen as heathens by the Jews?
Finally, the Jesus mentioned in the passage was in fact one “Jesus, the son of Damneus” in the last line. The name Jesus (Ἰησοῦ) was a very common name, especially in the 1st century CE which lends to the confusion.

Continue with the mental gymnastics. Laslas u will be alright.
U initially claimed James that was stoned was related to Judas of Galilee, now he's related to Jesus son of damneus.
Pele, it's not easy defending foolishness. U must look foolish for it to make sense.

I already dealt with Jesus son of damneus, I won't be repeating myself.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Continue with the mental gymnastics. Laslas u will be alright.
U initially claimed James that was stoned was initially related to Judas of Galilee, now he's related to Jesus son of damneus.
Pele, it's not easy defending foolishness. U must look foolish for it to make sense.

I already dealt with Jesus son of damneus, I won't be repeating myself.

You are the one defending rubbish, you yourself said “christ” was an interpolation yet you are using that line OUT OF THE WHOLE BOOK to defend your jewish deity.

Josephus refers to the death of James, brother of Jesus, in Antiquities XX.9.1. In the same paragraph, he also refers to Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

I want you to see the big picture, josephus was writing about judas of Galilee, how will you write one line of a person in a story and you don’t talk about the person again,THINK NA

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

You are the one defending rubbish, you yourself said “christ” was an interpolation yet you are using that line OUT OF THE WHOLE BOOK to defend your jewish deity.

Josephus refers to the death of James, brother of Jesus, in Antiquities XX.9.1. In the same paragraph, he also refers to Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

I want you to see the big picture, josephus was writing about judas of Galilee, how will you write one line of a person in a story and you don’t talk about the person again,THINK NA

These are definitely not interpolations.
These are credible writings of Josephus confirmed by emeritus theology scholars including non biblical ones.
If u have a problem with the writings, take it up with them not me.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

These are credible writings of Josephus confirmed by emeritus theology scholars including non biblical ones.
The wise teacher part is a FORGERY confirmed by all SCHOLARS!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

The james part, you yourself said the “christ” is an alteration.
“ Jesus Christ in its Greek form was altered by a Christian scribe at some point in antiquity, as Josephus, a Jew, would not have said, "He was the
Christ."
While this passage may have been altered somewhat”

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

The james part, you yourself said the “christ” is an alteration.
“ Jesus Christ in its Greek form was altered by a Christian scribe at some point in antiquity, as Josephus, a Jew, would not have said, "He was the
Christ."
While this passage may have been altered somewhat”

The Christ part I said was ammended refers to the Jesus story NOT THAT OF JAMES story. The accurate passage of Jesus story was later discovered and was found Josephus didn't call Jesus Christ which would have been an aberration anyway.

Stop putting words into my mouth.

This is genuine. Those exact sentence 'Jesus who was called Christ' was found in all manuscripts of the passage...Greek or any other language.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

The Christ part I said was ammended refers to the Jesus story NOT THAT OF JAMES story. The accurate passage of Jesus story was later discovered and was found Josephus didn't call Jesus Christ which would have been an aberration anyway.

This is genuine. Those exact word Jesus who was called Christ was found in all manuscripts of the passage...Greek or any other language.
The james was referring to one of the sons of damnues, whose brother was jesus.

Who else would James, the brother of Jesus in a passage about high priest Jesus ben Damneus, be?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

This is genuine. Those exact word Jesus who was called Christ was found in all manuscripts of the passage...Greek or any other language.
When are you going to look up the israelite god, yahweh Wikipedia? Or world history?

https://www.worldhistory.org/Yahweh/
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
We have other independent sources of the death of James brother of jesus and they all similar to the description gave by Josephus.
First is hegessipus, a Christian historian in early church history.

He was called “Righteousness” and Oblias, in Greek meaning “Bulwark of the People.” James was revered as a good man even by those in the priestly class who did not believe his brother was the Messiah. In order to keep the Nazarene sect from spreading, the priests decided to implore James to denounce his brother publicly before the people. During Passover in c. 62 with tens of thousands of pilgrims in the city:

“…they (the priests) assembled and said to James: “We call on you to restrain the people, since they have gone astray after Jesus believing him to be the Christ. We call on you to persuade all who come for the Passover concerning Jesus, since all of us trust you. We and the entire populace can vouch for the fact that you are righteous and take no one at face value. So do persuade the crowd not to err regarding Jesus….So stand on the parapet of the temple where you can be clearly seen from that height and your words be heard by all the people with all the tribes and Gentiles too who are gathered for the Passover.” So the scribes and Pharisees made James stand on the temple parapet and they shouted to him, “O righteous one, whom we all ought to believe, since the people are going astray after Jesus who was crucified, tell us, what does the door of Jesus mean?” James replied with a loud voice, “Why do you ask me about the Son of Man? He is sitting in heaven at the right hand of the Great Power and he will come on the clouds of heaven.” Many were convinced and rejoiced at James’ testimony crying, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” Then the scribes and Pharisees said to each other, “We made a bad mistake in providing such testimony to Jesus, but let us go up and throw him down so that they will be afraid and not believe him.” And they cried out, “Oh, oh, even the just one has gone astray!”….So they went up and threw down the righteous one. Then they said to each other, “Let us stone James the Just,’” and they began to stone him since the fall had not killed him. But he turned and knelt down, saying, “I implore you, O Lord, God and Father, forgive them. They do not know what they are doing.” While they were pelting him with stones, one of the priests…cried out, “Stop! What are you doing? The righteous one is praying for you.” Then one, a laundryman, took the club that he used to beat out clothes and hit the Just on the head.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:
We have other independent sources of the death of James brother of jesus and they all similar to the description gave by Josephus.
First is hegessipus, a Christian historian in early church history.

He was called “Righteousness” and Oblias, in Greek meaning “Bulwark of the People.” James was revered as a good man even by those in the priestly class who did not believe his brother was the Messiah. In order to keep the Nazarene sect from spreading, the priests decided to implore James to denounce his brother publicly before the people. During Passover in c. 62 with tens of thousands of pilgrims in the city:

“…they (the priests) assembled and said to James: “We call on you to restrain the people, since they have gone astray after Jesus believing him to be the Christ. We call on you to persuade all who come for the Passover concerning Jesus, since all of us trust you. We and the entire populace can vouch for the fact that you are righteous and take no one at face value. So do persuade the crowd not to err regarding Jesus….So stand on the parapet of the temple where you can be clearly seen from that height and your words be heard by all the people with all the tribes and Gentiles too who are gathered for the Passover.” So the scribes and Pharisees made James stand on the temple parapet and they shouted to him, “O righteous one, whom we all ought to believe, since the people are going astray after Jesus who was crucified, tell us, what does the door of Jesus mean?” James replied with a loud voice, “Why do you ask me about the Son of Man? He is sitting in heaven at the right hand of the Great Power and he will come on the clouds of heaven.” Many were convinced and rejoiced at James’ testimony crying, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” Then the scribes and Pharisees said to each other, “We made a bad mistake in providing such testimony to Jesus, but let us go up and throw him down so that they will be afraid and not believe him.” And they cried out, “Oh, oh, even the just one has gone astray!”….So they went up and threw down the righteous one. Then they said to each other, “Let us stone James the Just,’” and they began to stone him since the fall had not killed him. But he turned and knelt down, saying, “I implore you, O Lord, God and Father, forgive them. They do not know what they are doing.” While they were pelting him with stones, one of the priests…cried out, “Stop! What are you doing? The righteous one is praying for you.” Then one, a laundryman, took the club that he used to beat out clothes and hit the Just on the head.
Have knowledge on the whole book.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Another account of James death was given by Clement of Alexandria, a Christian theologian and philosopher.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

When are you going to look up the israelite god, yahweh Wikipedia? Or world history?

https://www.worldhistory.org/Yahweh/

We talking about 1st century AD Christian history here.
If u admit defeat, I will move to your next topic - Who is Yahweh.

I'm very much happy to cure your ignorance of Yahweh just as I've done a very good job formatting your brain on historicity of 1st century Christianity.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:
Another account of James death was given by Clement of Alexandria, a Christian theologian and philosopher.

Chestians

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

We talking about 1st century AD Christian history here.
If u admit defeat, I will move to your next topic - Who is Yahweh.

I'm very much happy to cure your ignorance of Yahweh just as I've done a very good job formatting your brain on historicity of 1st century Christianity.
There is no Christianity in 1AD.

All your manuscripts read CHRESTIANS.

All your gospels are written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
The topic of this thread should be changed to historicity of 1st century AD Christianity.

Seems mindhacker has given up while maynman is loosing steam and running out of ideas.

Call your fellow atheist for help and let me help them reformat their ignorant brain.

It's a job I love to do.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

What is the similarities between jove and yahweh cheesy

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:
The topic of this thread should be changed to historicity of 1st century AD Christianity.

Seems mindhacker has given up while maynman is loosing steam and running out of ideas.

Call your fellow atheist for help and let me help them reformat their ignorant brain.

It's a job I love to do.
You are yet to say anything.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

There is no Christianity in 1AD.

All your manuscripts read CHRESTIANS.

All your gospels are written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.

So then who are Ignatius, polycarp and papias of herapolis.
Are they chrestians?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Are they chrestians?
Where did you hear about them?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Are they chrestians?
Did these people predates the gospel books?

The gospel book said CHRESTIAN

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

What is the similarities between jove and yahweh cheesy

Admit defeat here and we move to Yahweh.
I'm sure unwill love to move, u don chop enough sand here.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Where did you hear about them?

Answer the question
Are they your so called chrestians?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Admit defeat here and we move to Yahweh.
I'm sure unwill love to move, u don chop enough sand here.
Admit exactly what?

The wise teacher part mentioning jesus is a forgery by everyone.
You went to bring “james, brother of jesus, who was ed christ”
It has been confirmed that “christ” is a forgery.

Who is doing the forgery?

These are the evidences you can find for your savior?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Answer the question
Are they your so called chrestians?
It was you that brought them in.
Where did you read about them?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Did these people predates the gospel books?

The gospel book said CHRESTIAN

So who are Polycarp, Ignatius and papais.
They are followers of Jesus Christ in the 1st century and all died in the 2nd century.
What is their religion, are they your so called chrestians
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

So who are Polycarp, Ignatius and papais.
They are followers of Jesus Christ in the 1st century and all died in the 2nd century.
What are the following, are they your so called chrestians
Answer yourself, who are they.
Where did you read of them.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

It was you that brought them in.
Where did you read about them?

We already thrashed that in previous post.
Not ready to go back.
Look at our previous posts if u having memory problems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Evolutionist Please Explain / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Black Man,emancipate Yourself From Mental Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.