Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,036 members, 7,859,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) (5391 Views)

Is Jesus Christ (iesus, Issus) Truly The Son Of God? Let's Engage! / Helios Christos. / Jesus Is Serapis. Truth Finally Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Don't quote me unless I mention u.
I won't reply u.
I will quote anyone i like.

Your replies are stemming from ignorance.

Your New Testament didn’t mention “Christians”, why are you avoiding that since wink

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Don't quote me unless I mention u.
I won't reply u.
We see - in the manuscript record - that ‘Christ’ is a medieval invention, created by changing the eta of Chrest to iota.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Now I will cure your eyes of the deception uve been fed with. The cure of your heart is left to u.
However, u will do well to go thru this present post because I will not repeat myself.
If u raise a point already answered- which will definitely happen because it's all about Christianity in the first century, I will simply refer u to my previous answer.

You have now run out your steam of your deception and it's your eyes that needs to be cured of your own deception.

The help you cure your eyes of deception let us start with the first Jewish historian Christians quote and you have also quoted as a historical reference to the existence of Jesus Christ in the 1st century.

This Jesus son of Shaphat around the same time as Jesus Christ mentioned by the Jewish first century hostorian Flavius Josephus, who caused the Jews to flee to the camp of the Romans, why is this major event not in the New Testament?

"But before he could speak to them, the most warlike of the
insurgents made a sally upon them with their arms ; their leader
was one whose name was Jesus, the son of Shaphat, the captain
of a band of robbers." - The Jewish War 1st Century
"Jesus and his men led off to the city, and rejoiced as if
they had taken them in battle and not by surprise.
Now the elders of the people, and such as seemed
of principal authority among them, fearing what would be
the issue of the matter, fled to the camp of the Romans :
and taking their king mth them, fell down before Vespa-
sian as suppliants, and besought him not to despise
them, nor to impute the madness of a few to the whole
city, but to spare a people that had ever been friendly to
the Romans, and to bring the authors of this revolt to
punishment, who had hitherto so watched them, that
though they had long been anxious to give the Romans the
security of their right hands, they had not yet found an
opportunity to do so." - The Jewish war 1st Century
Sources: https://ia800309.us.archive.org/17/items/cu31924074297205/cu31924074297205.pdf

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Nonsense as usual.
However let me focus on the other guy
The first bishop was a woman.
One of the founder of chrestianity was a woman named Antonia Minor.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1454863

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:01am On Aug 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You have now run out your steam of your deception and it's your eyes that needs to be cured of your own deception.

The help you cure your eyes of deception let us start with the first Jewish historian Christians quote and you have also quoted as a historical reference to the existence of Jesus Christ in the 1st century.

This Jesus son of Shaphat around the same time as Jesus Christ mentioned by the Jewish first century hostorian Flavius Josephus, who caused the Jews to flee to the camp of the Romans, why is this major event not in the New Testament?

"But before he could speak to them, the most warlike of the
insurgents made a sally upon them with their arms ; their leader
was one whose name was Jesus, the son of Shaphat, the captain
of a band of robbers." - The Jewish War 1st Century
"Jesus and his men led off to the city, and rejoiced as if
they had taken them in battle and not by surprise.
Now the elders of the people, and such as seemed
of principal authority among them, fearing what would be
the issue of the matter, fled to the camp of the Romans :
and taking their king mth them, fell down before Vespa-
sian as suppliants, and besought him not to despise
them, nor to impute the madness of a few to the whole
city, but to spare a people that had ever been friendly to
the Romans, and to bring the authors of this revolt to
punishment, who had hitherto so watched them, that
though they had long been anxious to give the Romans the
security of their right hands, they had not yet found an
opportunity to do so." - The Jewish war 1st Century
Sources: https://ia800309.us.archive.org/17/items/cu31924074297205/cu31924074297205.pdf

So many flaws in your argument.
Jesus of shaphat couldn't have been a contemporary of Jesus Christ if he actually fought in the Jewish-roman war in 1st century. This war was btw 66AD to 70 AD. This was more than 30 yrs after the life of Jesus Christ.

Vespusian wasn't in Judea during the time of jesus Christ. He was in Rome during the ministry of Jesus.
He was drafted to Judea from North Africa to crush the Jewish revolt in 66 AD.

If Jesus son of shaphat campaigned against vespesian in Judea, then he definitely wasn't a contemporary of Jesus.

This is what Josephus wrote about Jesus son of shaphat.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

U mentioned why the NT made no mention of the Jewish first century war.
By now the answer is clear.
The New testaments events occurred prior to the jewish-roman war.
Jesus and Paul's ministry all occured btw 30- 60AD. The war started 66 AD.

The acts of apostles mentioned the last king of the Judea province king Herod Agrippa 2 who was actually the one reigning when the war broke out in 66AD.

As at the time he was talking to Paul in acts 26 which was around 60AD, the war was yet to begin.
The same reason the 2nd temple destruction wasn't mentioned in the NT. It occured in 70 AD.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Jesus of shaphat couldn't have been a contemporary of Jesus Christ if he actually fought in the Jewish-roman war in 1st century. This war was btw 66AD to 70 AD. This was more than 30 yrs after the life of Jesus Christ.

Vespusian wasn't in Judea during the time of jesus Christ. He was in Rome during the ministry of Jesus.

If Jesus son of shaphat campaigned against vespesian in Judea, then he definitely wasn't a contemporary of Jesus.

Jospehus wrote more than that, see
https://earlywritings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4742

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

." - The Jewish war 1st Century

Now atheist and anti Christians have the penchant of attributing anybody called Jesus in the 1st century to Jesus Christ.

Most of what we know of 1st century Jewish history came from Josephus writings.
Joesphus mentioned up to 20 characters named Jesus in his book. This include Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus son of damneus, Jesus son of Gamaliel, Jesus son of Thebouthi, your own Jesus son of shaphat.
Desperately searching for link btw these Jesus will serve u no purpose but makes u more confused because u will not be able to tie loose ends to bring a convincing evidence.

Now I will be talking about Jesus son of damneus next.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Now atheist and anti Christians have the penchant of attributing anybody called Jesus in the 1st century to Jesus Christ.

Joesphus mentioned up to 20 characters named Jesus in his book. This include Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus son of damneus, Jesus son of Gamaliel, Jesus son of Thebouthi, your own Jesus son of shaphat.
Desperately searching for link btw these Jesus will serve u no purpose but makes u more confused because u will not be able to tie loose ends to bring a convincing evidence.

Hope you know the criminals that were killed alongside their leader on the Cross in the NT were zealots?

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

y

Jesus son of damneus was the high priest who replaced Ananus son of Ananus after the later was removed by herod aggripa 2.
Why was ananus removed?
because he ordered the execution of James the brother of Jesus of Nazareth (James the Just).
This occurred after a large number of Jews complained and petitioned the king.

So the question is how did the brother of an imaginary Jesus got executed by a well known historical public figure. Will u say ananus and James were also imaginary.

Mindhacker, over to u.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Jesus son of damneus was the high priest who replaced Ananus son of Ananus after the later was removed by herod aggripa 2.
Why was ananus removed?
because he ordered the execution of James the brother of Jesus of Nazareth (James the Just).

So the question is how did the brother of an imaginary Jesus got executed by a well known historical public figure. Will u say ananus and James were also imaginary.

Mindhacker, over to u.
Who is the father of this James?

All copies we have of josephus is from master forger eusebius.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

Are u suggesting this Judas is the father of James the just.
Your answer is in the bible.
Seriously u are too dull to engage in deep cerebral intellectual and thought provoking debates. All u do is run all over the place with shallow claims.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Seriously u are too dull to engage in deep cerebral intellectual and thought provoking debates. All u do is run all over the place with shallow claims.
I am saying, judas of Galilee is the father of james and simon, mehannam is his grandson.
Josephus was talking about Judas of Galilee not your Iesus chrestus.

The early church fathers use josephus work to write and edit the New Testament. They quoted it regularly.

Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist!

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Forgers using Josephus work to promote their Iesus chrestus agenda.
https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1848/josephus-on-christianity/

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

I am saying, judas of Galilee is the father of james and simon, mehannam is his grandson.
Josephus was talking about Judas of Galilee not your Iesus chrestus.

The early church fathers use josephus work to write and edit the New Testament. They quoted it regularly.

Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist!

If Judas of Galilee is not related related to James the just, then I don't understand his relevance here.
Why did u bring him here.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

If Judas of Galilee is not related related to James the just, then I don't understand his relevance here.
Why did u bring him here.
I didn’t bring any “james the just” in.

In the josephus book, james and simon are sons of judas of Galilee, your “james the just” is a concept created in the New Testament.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Who is the father of James in the josephus book 😂

All the copies we have of this book is from Eusebius, some parts of these books has been confirmed to be altered, by who? For what? grin

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

I didn’t bring any “james the just” in.

In the josephus book, james and simon are sons of judas of Galilee, your “james the just” is a concept created in the New Testament.

Why did Josephus mention James the brother of jesus in the antiquities of the jews
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

Who is the father of James in the josephus book 😂

All the copies we have of this book is from Eusebius, some parts of these books has been confirmed to be altered, by who? For what? grin

Which James are u blabbering about.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Why did Josephus mentioned James the just in the antiquities of the jews
He never mentioned james the just.

Josephus is writing about the intrigue and betrayals surrounding the accession to the High Priesthood, with one called Jesus, son of Damneus, eventually becoming the successful contender. In the middle of this chapter we learn that Ananus took advantage of the absence of the Roman Procurator to execute James, brother of Jesus. Except for the words “the one called Christ”, a reference to Jesus Christ just does not make sense here. Moreover, the book was written for Roman pagans, who would have been perplexed by a reference to “the one called Christ”, when they almost universally knew of no such Jesus called Christ and would not have understood the notion of a “Christ” (Messiah).

The words “the one called Christ” are probably not authentic, being a later Christian interpolation that added apparent historicity to the Christian narrative.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Which James are u blabbering about.
The one your dumb brain has refuse to understand.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Maynman:

He never mentioned james the just.

Josephus is writing about the intrigue and betrayals surrounding the accession to the High Priesthood, with one called Jesus, son of Damneus, eventually becoming the successful contender. In the middle of this chapter we learn that Ananus took advantage of the absence of the Roman Procurator to execute James, brother of Jesus. Except for the words “the one called Christ”, a reference to Jesus Christ just does not make sense here. Moreover, the book was written for Roman pagans, who would have been perplexed by a reference to “the one called Christ”, when they almost universally knew of no such Jesus called Christ and would not have understood the notion of a “Christ” (Messiah).

The words “the one called Christ” are probably not authentic, being a later Christian interpolation that added apparent historicity to the Christian narrative.

😂🤣😂😅

Which one should we believe...Christ mentioned here is referring to Jesus son of damneus or Christ was a later interpolation. Which one is your confused brain saying is true.

Which Jesus did Josephus say is Christ.

James who was killed by Ananais was called brother of jesus Christ and not son of Judas of Galilee. Even a child understand it.

Seriously, u reason like a 6 yr old child. Your intellectual depth is suspect.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

😂🤣😂😅

Which one should we believe...Christ mentioned here is referring to Jesus son of damneus or Christ was a later interpolation. Which one is your confused brain saying is true.

Which Jesus did Josephus say is Christ.

James who was killed by Ananais was called brother of jesus Christ and not son of Judas of Galilee. Even a child understand it.

Seriously, u reason like a 6 yr old child. Your intellectual depth is suspect.

I don’t want you to believe me like your brainwashed brain have been indoctrinated to do.

There was nothing like “christ” then. It was a interpolation!

I didn’t say he called it, i said who is the father of James in the story josephus is writing.

This is simple even for a dummy: Who is the father of James the brother of jesus according to the josephus book, you are reading ONE PAGE out of a WHOLE BOOK.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Mindhacker, over to u.

Lets just open it all up here once and for all.

1. Flavius Josephus a Jewish priest who led the first Jewish revolt in ad 66, then switched sides to the Romans in ad 66 as they were outnumbered by the Romans led by Vespusian.

2. Flavius Josephus prophesied to Vespusian that he will become emperor of Rome, in ad July 69 he did, so he did  like Flavius Josephus, gave him a flat in his palace in Rome and used him as a translator and mediator with the Jews and during the other Jewish Roman wars from ad 70.

3. From the Britannica encyclopedia below Flavius Josephus wrote about Jesus Christ in The Antiquities of the Jews in ad 93.

Now here is the crunch of the matter:

4. Flavius Josephus was a Jewish priest born in ad 37/38 never saw Jesus Christ and is not a follower of Jesus Christ. So why will Flavius Josephus, a 1st century Jewish priest who never saw Jesus Christ now accept that Jesus Christ was alive again after 3 days and wrote this from a flat in the Vespusian palace in Rome in ad 93?

5. If Flavius Josephus truly believed that Jesus Christ, a fellow Jew was alive again after 3 days, why then did he not convert to become a follower of Jesus Christ like the other followers of Jesus Christ instead of going to war with the Romans in ad 66 and to save his own life and betray his own people when he switched sides to the Romans?

6. Were the apostles not preaching that Jesus Christ was alive again after 3 days, was that not the main reason the Jews hated and rejected them? So how come if Flavius Josephus truly believed that Jesus Christ was alive again after 3 day he did not become a follower of Jesus Christ instead of leading a war in Galilee against the Romans and it was in ad 93 in the palace of Vespusian palace in Rome he remembered that Jesus Christ rose again on the third day and that "his is as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him"?

The Antiquities of the Jews, Latin Antiquitates Judaicae, an account of Jewish history from its early beginnings to the revolt against Rome in ad 66, written in Greek in about ad 93 by Flavius Josephus, a general in the Jewish army who defected to Rome. His writings are not always accepted as totally reliable.
Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Antiquities-of-the-Jews

SIRTee15:

Why was ananus removed?

Mindhacker, over to u.
SIRTee15:

SIRTee15:

U mentioned why the NT made no mention of the Jewish first century war.
By now the answer is clear.
The New testaments events occurred prior to the jewish-roman war.
Jesus and Paul's ministry all occured btw 30- 60AD. The war started 66 AD.

The acts of apostles mentioned the last king of the Judea province king Herod Agrippa 2 who was actually the one reigning when the war broke out in 66AD.

As at the time he was talking to Paul in acts 26 which was around 60AD, the war was yet to begin.
The same reason the 2nd temple destruction wasn't mentioned in the NT. It occured in 70 AD.

SIRTee15:

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 2:42am On Aug 04, 2023
MindHacker9009:

The Antiquities of the Jews, Latin Antiquitates Judaicae, an account of Jewish history from its early beginnings to the revolt against Rome in ad 66, written in Greek in about ad 93 by Flavius Josephus, a general in the Jewish army who defected to Rome. His writings are not always accepted as totally reliable.

There's no doubt that Josephus wrote about Jesus Christ in his book the antiquities of the Jews.
Now his two books have been critiqued by scholars and the general consensus of most scholars– Christian and non-Christian – is that the passage that mentions Jesus Christ in its Greek form was altered by a Christian scribe at some point in antiquity, as Josephus, a Jew, would not have said, “He was the Christ.”
While this passage may have been altered somewhat, it still retains contains an authentic reference to Jesus at its core, and scholars for years proposed reconstructions of how it originally read.
Then, in the 1970’s, an Arabic version of this passage was discovered and published that did not contain the pro-Christian interpolations.

Now this rendition didn't say Josephus believed Jesus resurrected but simply reported that Jesus disciples claimed he resurrected. He was simply writing down what he heard regarding claims made the disciples.
There's nothing to suggest he believed Jesus actually resurrected.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 2:57am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Christian and non-Christian – is that the passage that mentions Jesus Christ in its Greek form was altered by a Christian scribe at some point in antiquity, as Josephus, a Jew, would not have said, “He was the Christ.”
While this passage may have been altered
I wonder who is doing the altering 😂

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 3:01am On Aug 04, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Actually the biggest evidence of Jesus in Josephus report is not the account of Jesus himself which has been bugged with controversy and scholarly dispute for years.
But the account Josephus gave about Jesus brother, James is the stronger validation of Jesus.
Virtually all scholars agreed that it was an authentic source and not an interpolation.
If we accept the scholars report, then either Jesus Christ is a true historical figure or Josephus made it up.
And this brings us to the apostolic fathers, and other non biblical historicity of Jesus outside of antiquity of the Jews by Josephus.

Infact, Josephus report isn't the earliest historicity of Jesus that we have.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Actually the biggest evidence of Jesus in Josephus report is not the account of Jesus himself which has been bugged with controversy and scholarly dispute for years.
But the account Josephus gave about Jesus brother, James is the stronger validation of Jesus.
Virtually all scholars agreed that it was an authentic source and not an interpolation.
If we accept the scholars report, then either Jesus Christ is a true historical figure or Josephus made it up.
And this brings us to the apostolic fathers, and other non biblical historicity of Jesus outside of antiquity of the Jews by Josephus.

Infact, Josephus report isn't the earliest historicity of Jesus that we have.
Josephus was writing about judas of Galilee and his family, the James and simon that was killed were his sons.
Get knowledge of the whole book not just a part to understand the book, josephus was writing about a violent group.
James and Simons were Zealots, more specific they are sicarii.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Josephus was writing about judas of Galilee and his family, the James and simon that was killed were his sons.
Get knowledge of the whole book not just a part to understand the book, josephus was writing about a violent group.

When u see the truth and denies it by creating an alternate delusion. Then u crossing over to the psychotic world.
Here's what Josephus wrote about Judas of Galilee and his sons.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 10:42am On Aug 04, 2023
Maynman:

Josephus wasnt confused like u. He knew the difference between James brother of jesus Christ and James son of Judas. He wrote about them separately.
U are the one doing a forceful merger of 2 characters into 1. Thats a binitarian concept, where did u get it from.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

When u see the truth and denies it by creating an alternate delusion. Then u crossing over to the psychotic world.
Here's what Josephus wrote about Judas of Galilee and his sons.
Yes read it.
Who are his sons, how did they die.

Josephus book was about judas of galilee. The early church fathers use josephus book alot.

Who did you think did those altering?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland / Where Was Daniel? / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.