Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) (5070 Views)

Is Jesus Christ (iesus, Issus) Truly The Son Of God? Let's Engage! / Helios Christos. / Jesus Is Serapis. Truth Finally Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

The biggest discovery of the dead sea scroll is that the Samaritan pentateuch is actually the true Torah not the Hebrew Torah compiled by Ezra.
The holy mountain of the Lord is mount Gerizim.
What's your god name in the samaritan pentateuch?
Your lord's mountain, his favorite one out of many is in the middle east 😂

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:
The biggest discovery of the dead sea scroll is that the Samaritan pentateuch is actually the true Torah not the Hebrew Torah compiled by Ezra.

The question you should ask yourself now is why has it taken 40 years to publish the first 100 texts out of 500 texts found in cave 4.

"Is the Vatican Suppressing the Dead Sea Scrolls?"
A book that will soon be available in the United States was recently published in England under the title The Dead Sea Scroll Deception by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh (Jonathan Cape, 1991).1

The book’s thesis is that the Vatican is suppressing the Dead Sea Scrolls because they will undermine vital Christian doctrine.

The authors’ first bit of evidence is the unconscionable publication delays: Of over 500 texts found in Qumran Cave 4 beginning in 1952, only approximately 100 have been published after nearly 40 years.

Even more sinister is the fact that the small coterie of editors who control access to the 400 unpublished texts from Cave 4 won’t let other scholars see their secret hoard.
https://www.baslibrary.org/biblical-archaeology-review/17/6/11

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

The question you should ask yourself now is why has it taken 40 years to publish the first 100 texts out of 500 texts found in cave 4.

Now a book has been written, below are some of the excerpts.

A book that will soon be available in the United States was recently published in England under the title The Dead Sea Scroll Deception by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh (Jonathan Cape, 1991).1

The book’s thesis is that the Vatican is suppressing the Dead Sea Scrolls because they will undermine vital Christian doctrine.

The authors’ first bit of evidence is the unconscionable publication delays: Of over 500 texts found in Qumran Cave 4 beginning in 1952, only approximately 100 have been published after nearly 40 years.

Even more sinister is the fact that the small coterie of editors who control access to the 400 unpublished texts from Cave 4 won’t let other scholars see their secret hoard.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So how did I know that the Samaritan pentateuch is the true Torah if the dead sea scroll is being suppressed?
The information came from the dead sea scroll my friend.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:
So how did I know that the Samaritan pentateuch is the true Torah if the dead sea scroll is being suppressed?

What's your level of education, if I may ask? As you don't know the meaning of a book being bublished in Europe and America.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

+--
Deuteronomy 32:8-9. Keep worshipping the israelite god.
https://www.thetorah.com/article/the-sons-of-israel-or-god-deuteronomy-32-8

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Hoe did I got to know that the true Torah according to the dead sea scroll is the Samaritan pentateuch.

The contents of the dead sea.scrolls corroborate with the Samaritan pentateuch and not the tanakh.
Do u get it now?

How did I have access to that information if it was suppressed by vatican. That's my question.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Dead sea scroll suppression is a figment of your own imagination and conspiracy nutcracks of like minds.

U are way way behind in knowledge. Relying on 1991 piece of info as evidence.
The book deception has been published and thoroughly debunked.
You should be living in the museum.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

Hoe did I got to know that the true Torah according to the dead sea scroll is the Samaritan pentateuch.

The contents of the dead sea.scrolls corroborate with the Samaritan pentateuch and not the tanakh.
Do I get it now?

How did I have access to that information. That's my question.
Look up, 4QDeutj dead sea scroll.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
Some people are born pest and grew up mannerless.
They just don't have any shame. How someone don't understand he's being ignored is beyond me.

It's either he was badly brought up or lack home training or his guardians did a poor job out of him.

He's been ignored and continued to act as a troll. Even if you were not taught shame in your family, pls learn some now....u are an adult.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Mr mindhacker, stop bringing ancient of days evidence to 2023 debates. Pls do more research.

See my own evidence on dead sea scroll.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:
Some people are born pest and grew up mannerless.
They just don't have any shame. How someone don't understand he's being ignored is beyond me.

It's either he was badly brought up or lack home training or his guardians did a poor job out of him.

He's been ignored and continued to act as a troll. Even if you were not taught shame in your family, pls learn some now....u are an adult.
One.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

Mr mindhacker, stop bringing ancient of days evidence to 2023 debates. Pls do more research.

Two

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

?

The dead sea scrolls belong to which sect?
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2023
Maynman:

The dead sea scrolls belong to which sect?

Learn manners and borrow shame.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:09am On Oct 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

Free yourself, don't be a jewish slave.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:29am On Oct 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

Your darling samaritans.

"upon the just treatment of these wicked Jews
supposing we are kin to them, and practised as they do, make us liable to the same accusations, although we be originally Sidonians, as is evident from public records. We therefore beseech thee, our benefactor and Saviour (Antiochus)... to give us no disturbance, nor to lay to our charge what the Jews are accused for, since we are aliens from their nation, and from their customs; but let our temple, which hath no name at all, be named the Temple of Zeus Hellenius”.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 12:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Maynman:

Your darling samaritans.

"upon the just treatment of these wicked Jews
supposing we are kin to them, and practised as they do, make us liable to the same accusations, although we be originally Sidonians, as is evident from public records. We therefore beseech thee, our benefactor and Saviour (Antiochus)... to give us no disturbance, nor to lay to our charge what the Jews are accused for, since we are aliens from their nation, and from their customs; but let our temple, which hath no name at all, be named the Temple of Zeus Hellenius”.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by Maynman: 12:51am On Oct 01, 2023
[quote author=SIRTee15 post=126117921][/quote]

You can only abuse the ego, and it doesn't exist.
There is no thinker of thoughts.

This new testament writers are so creative, do you know jupiter (yahweh) has a son born of a virgin called dionysus, your jesus first miracle in new testament was to convert water to wine, look up who is the god of wine grin

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2023
You lack knowledge that's why you accept any junk fed into your mind that is already full of junk without proper research and critically analysing them. To you onces some nutcracks of like mind like you have debunked an information then whatever junk those debunking it has fed into your mind is fine bacuase they are nutcracks like you.

Here are some more info for you on The Scandal of the Dead Sea Scrolls

Why will this not raise concerns about the dead seas scrolls when it was [Roman Catholic priests who dominated work on the Scrolls]

Source: https://graham-pemberton.medium.com/the-scandal-of-the-dead-sea-scrolls-e85eeb1153a6 Sep 3, 2020
"Another blow was struck soon afterwards. Having suffered the problems associated with the Nag Hammadi discovery, the Vatican hierarchy must, if you’ll pardon the expression, have been shitting themselves when the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered only two years later in the caves of Qumran. What more damaging material might be found in them?

On this occasion, however, they got lucky. Father Roland de Vaux, a practising Catholic and monk, was installed as head of a team of international scholars, and technical director for subsequent excavations. At the time of his appointment, he was the director of the Dominican-sponsored Ecole Biblique et ArchĂ©ologique in Jerusalem, whose Roman Catholic priests dominated work on the Scrolls. According to scholar Ahmed Osman, “the Ecole has close links with the Pontifical Biblical Commission, founded by the Vatican at the turn of the century to protect ‘God’s words’ from ‘every rash opinion’ and to endeavour to ‘safeguard the authority of the scriptures and to promote their right interpretation’ ”Âč.""
"

Almost the whole world believed before that the moon landing from 1969 to 1972 of man walking on the moon. Now there have been conspiracy theories that man walking on the moon from 1969 to 1972 was a hoax. These conspiracy theories have now been debunked, but do these debunkings make man walking on the moon true to you from 1969 to 1972?

SIRTee15:

SIRTee15:
Dead sea scroll debonking is a figment of SIRTee15 own imagination and nutcracks of like minds with SIRTee15 .

SIRTee15 are way way behind in knowledge. Not relying on 1991 piece of info as evidence.
The book deception has been published and thoroughly debunked by nutcracks like SIRTee15.
You should be living in the museum.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Where is your evidence of Vatican covering dead sea scroll. I can't see anything. The link u sent requires subscription and I'm not paying to read nonsense.

What u ve been doing is claim claim claim. No evidence...none.

Claim- The new testament has only Hellenistic Jewish names.
debunked....Joseph Zechariah and Saul names seen in both old and new testament.

Claim- The new testament was written by Josephus in the palace of Roman emperor.
Debunked..... Didache existed as early as 70AD.

Claim- The old testament we have now was written by Josephus in the palace of the Roman emperor.
Debunked... Septuagint existed b4 Josephus was born. The oldest copy we have has been dated 150 yrs b4 Josephus was born.

The old testament we have now is a forgery and not the original.
Debunked....the dead sea scroll written 250 yrs b4 Josephus is very similar to the old testament scriptures we have now.

Claim- The dead sea Scrolls is being suppressed by vatican because they don't want the public to know the truth.
Debunked....The dead sea scrolls is available to the public.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Give up hackermann and acknowledge I'm too good.
U are the next anti bible critic to bite the dust. My condolence.

I think I need to write a book and share my knowledge with fellow Christians.
We need to humiliate all these annoying anti bible bullies constituting nuisance on the internet.

This one is even a moon landing conspiracy theory wack.
Your problem is beyond redemption.

Bye.
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
You have nothing to debunk as your Septuagint was a translation by legends.

These are the questions you cannot answer but you decided to run away with your junk mind:

1. Where are the original Hebrew scrolls Rome took away to Rome from the Temple in Jerusalem in AD 70?

2. Aramaic is still spoken and written today so why did anyone not write about your invented jesus christ then.

3. Why did Josephus have to write a new Roman version of the Old Testament again in Greek, in AD 95 when they already had your
Septuagint that was already written in Greek?

4. Why was your invented New Testament first written at the palace of the Emperor in Roman in Greek in AD 95? 

5. Why are all the names of your invented jesus christ and his invented disciples all European names when Josephus mentioned Jewish and Samaritan names in his work

My condolence SIRTee15 as you run away with your junk mind as you have no more junk to spill out of your junk mind.

The internet has opened up all the invented stories that have messed up your junk mind.

Any junk book you write is dead on arrival as most people now are freeing their minds from the junks your mind is filled with.

A primary school kid in Europe now know that man walking on the moon from 1969 to 1972 is fake but you and adult in Nigeria stills believes it's true since your mind is open to any junk fed to it.

SIRTee15:

Where is your evidence of Vatican covering dead sea scroll. I can't see anything. The link u sent requires subscription and I'm not paying to read nonsense.

What u ve been doing is claim claim claim. No evidence...none.

Claim- The new testament has only Hellenistic Jewish names.
debunked....Joseph Zechariah and Saul names seen in both old and new testament.

Claim- The new testament was written by Josephus in the palace of Roman emperor.
Debunked..... Didache existed as early as 70AD.

Claim- The old testament we have now was written by Josephus in the palace of the Roman emperor.
Debunked... Septuagint existed b4 Josephus was born. The oldest copy we have has been dated 150 yrs b4 Josephus was born.

The old testament we have now is a forgery and not the original.
Debunked....the dead sea scroll written 250 yrs b4 Josephus is very similar to the old testament scriptures we have now.

Claim- The dead sea Scrolls is being suppressed by vatican because they don't want the public to know the truth.
Debunked....The dead sea scrolls is available to the public.

SIRTee15:

Give up hackermann and acknowledge I'm too good.
SIRTee15 is the next Roman empire invented New Testament to bite the dust. Condolence SIRTee15 .
I think I need to write a book and share my knowledge with fellow Christians.
We need to humiliate all these annoying anti bible bullies constituting nuisance on the internet.

This one is even a moon landing conspiracy theory wack.
SIRTee15 problem is beyond redemption.

Bye to SIRTee15.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Ok let me help u simpleton.

1. Did u search for Severus scrolls. Did u look for it?

2. Aramaic spoken by Jesus is dead. Nobody speaks it any longer. Bring evidence anybody still speaks Galilean Aramaic.

3. Josephus never wrote any old testament. That's the figment of your conspiracy wack theory.
Bring any evidence he wrote one.

4. Josephus didn't write any new testament. The Didache already existed as far back as 70 AD.

5. Makes no sense. Who are the characters Saul in old and new testament. Let's start from there.

Septuagint is not a legend. We have a copy written in 150 BCE with us now.

Now unless u bring evidence to my response which u have failed to do so far, I will not respond to u anymore.

U can continue to wallow in your ignorance, that's your business.

Read up the Severus scroll b4 mentioning me otherwise I won't take to it kindly. You've been warned.

Below is the Septuagint we have written in 150 BCE

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
I did not invite a simpleton like you to this thread, this thread is for great minds. You were the one that brought your junk mind to this thread and started your insults which I have been returning back to you.

Now you are making a threat which I will not tolerate from you. You are the one that came here to challenge this thread. I did not drag you here and if you have no reasonable response to give you should gracefully bow out of this thread.

1. If I ask you where is the original English Bible the Yoruba Bible was translated from, will you tell me to go and look in some Egyptian or Libyan translations written by legends.

2. I asked you a simple question: Where are the original Hebrew scrolls the Old Testament was written from and you have been beating about the bush since.

3. If Josephus did not help to write the invented new testament then why is the earlist historical record of the invented jesus christ first written in Josephus writings around AD 95.

4. Why did the Roman emporer give Josephus a flat in his palace in Rome from around AD 66/68.

5. I did provide links to the information I posted before so go back and check them and the one you said requires subscription does not ask me for such

6. Syria: in Maalula, fear for survival of Aramaic — AFP News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn32KMy4jcs

SIRTee15:

Ok let me help u simpleton.

1. Did u search for Severus scrolls. Did u look for it?

2. Aramaic spoken by Jesus is dead. Nobody speaks it any longer. Bring evidence anybody still speaks Galilean Aramaic.

3. Josephus never wrote any old testament. That's the figment of your conspiracy wack theory.
Bring any evidence he wrote one.

4. Josephus didn't write any new testament. The Didache already existed as far back as 70 AD.

5. Makes no sense. Who are the characters Saul in old and new testament. Let's start from there.

Septuagint is not a legend. We have a copy written in 150 BCE with us now.

Now unless u bring evidence to my response which u have failed to do so far, I will not respond to u anymore.

U can continue to wallow in your ignorance, that's your business.

Read up the Severus scroll b4 mentioning me otherwise I won't take to it kindly. You've been warned.

Below is the Septuagint we have written in 150 BCE
Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
MindHacker9009:

I think we should just end it here.
I will only continue if on a live debate.

I challenge u to a live debate either on zoom or Microsoft. If u sure of your claim, take up the challenge.

There's no point going on here with u, it's a waste of time.
Small wonder most Christians here don't waste their time debating u guys. There's no point.
Take it up on a live where there would be no hiding place for u.

U asked for scrolls taken away from the temple in 70AD by the romans, I gave u the Severus scrolls.

Before that, there existed the dead sea Scrolls which are even 250 yrs older than whatever the Romans took away.

So what exactly are u asking ?

Either take up the challenge of a live debate or we end it.

See my time with u as a great honour and a great investment.
No Christian on nairaland will waste their time with an obstinate fellow like u.

Finally, appreciate this debate, u will be lying if u claim u haven't learnt a lot in this debate and u know it.
At least u will do away with some junks conspiracy claims u ve been ignorantly passing around.
On my own side, I've learnt nothing from u. That's the truth.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2023

The Scrolls taken from the Temple in Jerusalem in AD 70 were keep in the private chambers of the palace in Rome and no one was allowed to see them as the Romans knew it was the scrolls that was fueling the Jewish revolts and that was why they desployed all other copies they found. So why will the Romans give the same original scrolls back to the Jews?

More info for you on the dead sea scrolls

PUBLISHED MARCH 13, 2020 - National Geographic
The Washington, D.C. museum of the Bible houses 16 purported Dead Sea Scroll fragments, including this piece of the Book of Genesis. A new scientific investigation funded by the Museum of the Bible has confirmed that all 16 fragments are modern forgeries.

But now, the Washington, D.C. museum has confirmed a bitter truth about the fragments’ authenticity. On Friday, independent researchers funded by the Museum of the Bible announced that all 16 of the museum’s Dead Sea Scroll fragments are modern forgeries that duped outside collectors, the museum’s founder, and some of the world’s leading biblical scholars. Officials unveiled the findings at an academic conference hosted by the museum.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/museum-of-the-bible-dead-sea-scrolls-forgeries

No true elect on nairaland will waste their time with an obstinate fellow like SIRTee15. Thank God for the internet, God is using it to set a lot of people from your invented jesus christ. And now they can worship God Almighty of the Jews directly without your invented jesus christ.

SIRTee15:

I think we should just end it here.
I will only continue if on a live debate.

I challenge u to a live debate either on zoom or Microsoft. If u sure of your claim, take up the challenge.

There's no point going on here with u, it's a waste of time.
Small wonder most Christians here don't waste their time debating u guys. There's no point.
Take it up on a live where there would be no hiding place for u.

U asked for scrolls taken away from the temple in 70AD by the romans, I gave u the Severus scrolls.

Before that, there existed the dead sea Scrolls which are even 250 yrs older than whatever the Romans took away.

So what exactly are u asking ?

Either take up the challenge of a live debate or we end it.

See my time with u as a great honour and a great investment.
No Christian on nairaland will waste their time with an obstinate fellow like SIRTee15.

Finally, appreciate this debate, u will be lying if u claim u haven't learnt a lot in this debate and u know it.
At least u will do away with some junks conspiracy claims u ve been ignorantly passing around.
On my own side, I've learnt nothing from u. That's the truth.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Stop being dishonest. This is also on the same link.

Take up the challenge, live debate on zoom or Microsoft. Stop whataboutism, that's what u doing here.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dead sea Scrolls available at the digital museum in Israel.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2023
You are the one being dishonest here. I posted this link https://graham-pemberton.medium.com/the-scandal-of-the-dead-sea-scrolls-e85eeb1153a6 before on "The Scandal of the Dead Sea Scrolls" as "Roman Catholic priests dominated work on the Scrolls. According to scholar Ahmed Osman, “the Ecole has close links with the Pontifical Biblical Commission, founded by the Vatican at the turn of the century."

You claimed that you cannot open the link as it's asking you to subscribe. It did not ask me to subscribe so I have posted quotes from the link which you have avoided as you cannot disprove them.
We cannot rely on what has been published from the dead sea scroll as all we know about them is what we have been told so the whole thing is one sided. Which should now take us back to the original scrolls taken away from the Temple in Jerusalem.

The main questions you should be asking yourself now are:

1. Why did the Romans hide the original scrolls they took away from the Temple in Jerusalem and did not allow anyone to see them?

2. Why did the Romans take Josephus and some other Jewish priest away with them to the Palace in Rome?

3. What proof do you have that the Severus scroll restored and given to the Jewish community in AD 220, 150 years after, is the original scroll taken from the Temple in AD 70?

More from: The Scandal of the Dead Sea Scrolls:
https://graham-pemberton.medium.com/the-scandal-of-the-dead-sea-scrolls-e85eeb1153a6

Another blow was struck soon afterwards. Having suffered the problems associated with the Nag Hammadi discovery, the Vatican hierarchy must, if you’ll pardon the expression, have been shitting themselves when the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered only two years later in the caves of Qumran. What more damaging material might be found in them?

Returning to the scandal of the Scrolls, not everything went according to the script. There was one potential whistle-blower on the original team who was not willing to cooperate with the official line. This was John Allegro, of whom Baigent/Leigh say: “Allegro’s material seems to have been rather more explosive than anyone at the time had anticipated, and he himself was something of a maverick. He had, certainly, no compunction about breaking the ‘consensus’ de Vaux was trying to establish and
 was soon to be ousted from the team and replaced by John Strugnell” (p60–61). Ahmed Osman believes that the latter was also sacked, even though “failing health and emotional distress were cited as the reason for his dismissal”, having given an interview highly critical of Judaism, which he described as “a Christian heresy”Âč. It’s worth noting that he had spent nearly 40 years — “virtually his entire working life” — studying the Dead Sea Scrolls. What had he found in them?

Allegro had been chosen because he was a brilliant scholar but, according to Baigent/Leigh, “he was the most spontaneous, the most independent-minded, the most resistant to suppression of material”, “uninhibited about rocking the boat”. He was also the only one on the team who was openly agnostic about religious matters, and therefore had no agenda that he wanted to stick to. He therefore “grew exasperated with the strained attempts to distance Christianity from the Scrolls and the Qumran community. He insisted on the obvious connection between the two, and suggested that the connection might be closer than anyone had hitherto believed — or, at any rate, dared to suppose” (p83–84). The Roman Catholic Church had been saying for hundreds of years that Jesus was a one-off incarnation of God on Earth. One can easily see why they would want to suppress any documents which suggested otherwise, that he might have been human, and belonging to a pre-existing tradition. (That is on the assumption that he existed at all — the Scrolls, as we now have them, make no direct reference to the Jesus of the Gospels.)

Returning to the theme of how dangerous the Scrolls were to Christian orthodoxy, in a letter to Strugnell, who was considering a career in the Church, Allegro wrote, advising him not to pursue this, since “by the time I’ve finished there won’t be any Church left for you to join”.

Allegro also went on to write The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross⁔, where he “asserted that Jesus had never existed in historical reality, (but) was merely an image evoked in the psyche under the influence of an hallucinatory drug, psilocybin, the active ingredient in hallucinogenic mushrooms” (Baigent/ Leigh, p105). We can only assume that he came to this conclusion from his reading of the scrolls that he was working on.

As you can imagine, such a claim made him somewhat unpopular in academic and religious circles. It’s not something I agree with when put in those extreme terms, but the idea that early Christians took psychoactive mushrooms as a sacramental ritual is an interesting claim, which is highly relevant to an ongoing series of articles that I’m writing about the origins and history of Christianity, and the apostle Paul. That’s why I have drawn attention to the Dead Sea Scrolls scandal at this point. (If you’re interested in learning more about this, I highly recommend Baigent/Leigh’s book.)

SIRTee15:

Stop being dishonest. This is also on the same link.

Take up the challenge, live debate on zoom or Microsoft. Stop whataboutism, that's what u doing here.

1 Like

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by SIRTee15: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Why should I be asking questions about something that never happened.
All your questions are claims, claims, claims. Bring evidence. Produce evidence that the Romans took the scrolls from the temple and kept them out of sight.

Don't ask me questions u can't produce evidence for.

As I said, u hiding behind a screen to make unsubstantiated claims.
If u sure of your claims, let's do a live debate.

Re: From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) by MindHacker9009(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2023

And where is your evidence that 150 years later the Severus scroll restored and given to the Jewish community in AD 220, 150 years after, you now rely on as the Old Testament, is the original scroll taken from the Temple in AD 70 ?

SIRTee15:

Why should I be asking questions about something that never happened.
All your questions are claims, claims, claims. Bring evidence. Produce evidence that the Romans took the scrolls from the temple and kept them out of sight.

Don't ask me questions u can't produce evidence for.

As I said, u hiding behind a screen to make unsubstantiated claims.
If u sure of your claims, let's do a live debate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is Mother's Day Every Sunday In Nigeria? / Td Jakes An Igbo Man / Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.