Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (121129 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One thing I noticed here is that their apartment blocks are multi storey and rental cost are cheap. Agbadorians go dey shout tinubu built Lagos but they can't afford to live in eko Atlantic and that's all they chant as achievements
you see this foto you have taken, on the secon car which is silver there is a pole right by the side of that building, go and look if that thing hanging on the wire are shoes, then thats the border of two drug gangs, do not go them areas when its drk.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Unrated900(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
2million no do anything at all
2 million self no reach south africa again
Chai naija
Don finish

quote author=Karleb post=124843651]Congratulations brotherly! This is nice. Omo, see country! 😍

Na to start to dey practice wetin you learn from duo lingo remain.

It's too sad that nobody writes about South America here and nobody cares, I don't know if it's the language barrier or something else.

For instance, people don't know studying in Brazil is free from kg to PhD, free Healthcare and free feeding cheesy, and they also started an exchange program that offers scholarship literally giving you stipends to study there.

Everyone just wan go UK and Europe with their N2m.
[/quote]
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Longinyamapucci(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Airport in Chile. Men I was shocked by the neatness. I have been to Italy and las Palmas and honestly their airports don't come close to how neat Chile is. It's fucking crazy

Continue lying, Maybe you went to local airport in Italy.

Chile is still a third world country my friend, nothing special.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Luckysbab: 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

In Chile your student visa allows you to work for up to 30 hours a week. I don't know how many hours it is for Brasil. Everyone has been nice to me here in Chile. Even if they weren't nice I don't care. Better to live with racists in a prosperous country than tribalists in a poverty stricken hellhole.

You no longer have family or loved ones you care about in the said hellhole?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by finallybusy: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
xandy84:
You're very wrong. There are people with means and living dream lives who frequently visit Nairaland. They do not comment much due to insult and lack of civility. You try to input your view and some people will rain insults on you. I just got called names by one who is trying to get a visa to UEA.lol

Well, if the crass are all I see commenting, it’s easy to form such conclusion.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mrniceguy001:

Absolutely! But The Singaporean Chengi tops them all! smiley
well true but they are still quite small compared to the Heathrow's and JFKs though
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
xandy84:
You're very wrong. There are people with means and living dream lives who frequently visit Nairaland. They do not comment much due to insult and lack of civility. You try to input your view and some people will rain insults on you. I just got called names by one who is trying to get a visa to UEA.lol

This is why I love the property Section of nairaland, no kids there and no one is playing!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by wwwtortoise(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Karleb:

Big man, where is this your less threaded path?

We wan learn abeg.

Chief,
I’m in Scotland, UK.
I’m using this location as a springboard to make major move in the nearest future. Came in via Tier 4 visa on a postgraduate course that I got 7k scholarship and £500 monthly upkeep (10months installment).

Scotland has everything England has except crowd and high cost of living. Affordable rent, cheap food, pocket friendly transportation cost, just name it.
I’m not saying it’s all rosy here but by Gods grace I have made some decisions that made things easy for me over here. From job to accommodation to friends . . .

The mistake most people make is thinking ‘japa’ is an immediate game changer lol.
For smart people it’s a long game to play just like planting. You till the ground and plant the seed, believe nature to provide good sunshine and rain, then get ready for harvest.

I’m sure you get what I’m driving at.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ariesbull: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

Is that one a country....Nigeria better pass am

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Luckysbab:

you mean shythole grin grin grin grin grin, some people even go Ghana dey yab 9ja, chey 9ja don suffer

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by jimcaddy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hahahahahaha Only Nigerians will travel outside of Nigeria and 'give glory to God'. Chai Africa and poverty are like five and six. Also everyone wants to go to UK, Canada, UK meanwhile there are several other beautiful countries all around the world that are even cheaper. Now demand for UK is so high, so the price has jacked up. Explore other countries abeg

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
jimcaddy:
Hahahahahaha Only Nigerians will travel outside of Nigeria and 'give glory to God'. Chai Africa and poverty are like five and six. Also everyone wants to go to UK, Canada, UK meanwhile there are several other beautiful countries all around the world that are even cheaper. Now demand for UK is so high, so the price has jacked up. Explore other countries abeg
Bross talk true, nah fine place carry us leave 9ja? or people go abroad go count bridge and flyover?That is called tourism not hustling, if you wan hustle 4get fine get down and dirty.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by RightToReject(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It was important o. They will ask for proof of Spanish proficiency. In Chile absolutely no one speaks English and I mean it. Without Spanish you will be stranded. Brazil asks for celpe bras. Another thing is that schools will conduct interviews before admissions and the interviews will be in Spanish. I will advise anyone to come to south america aside Venezuela and Bolivia. The other countries here are very okay and it's easy to move from south america to the US, Canada or Europe due to the strength of the passports. Even upcoming countries like Colombia and Peru, their citizens are exempt from LMIA in Canada and both passports can be gotten in 4 years. Some people have been doing express entry since 2019 and nothing commot. If they enter Peru that 2019 they don get citizenship this year.

According to you: "In Chile absolutely no one speaks English and I mean it." Stop yarning thrash. You really think that everyone on Nairaland is as myopic as you and your likes are.

More than 8 percent of the Chilean citizens speak English at proficient level. Also, the fact that you believe that you know a country like Brazil, just because you spent less than 48 hours on transit there and might have read a bit about the country, more than some of the people who own thriving companies in the same country shows how conceited you're.

In fact, if only you knew that some Nigerians that run things in the same Chile, both those who live within and outside it, are on this forum. The problem most of you have is that you do take every information you see on Google, Internet in general, on a face value.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Luckysbab: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
erico2k2:

you mean shythole grin grin grin grin grin, some people even go Ghana dey yab 9ja, chey 9ja don suffer

I'm surprised he graduated it to hellhole. I don't get the urge to talk down on the country any given opportunity.

I mean we are happy OP seem to be progressing in his career, but sounding as if others don't make it in Nigeria or are happy living there is just unnecessary. There's barely power cut here, yet that hasn't tempted me to get carried away and start trash talking.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gobengroup(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
Please i did not Tinubu. Am from Anambra state. We voted Peter Obi. Tinubu rigged the election
Tinubu did not rigged any election, stop saying what you don't know... grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by SayNo2SmallPrik: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
see u see disgrace
Nothing Dey Chile. Says person wey no get intl passport

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Luckysbab:

I'm surprised he graduated it to hellhole. I don't get the urge to talk down on the country any given opportunity.

I mean we are happy OP seem to be progressing in his career, but sounding as if others don't make it in Nigeria or are happy living there is just unnecessary. There's barely power cut here, yet that hasn't tempted me to get carried away and start trash talking.
Soldiers go Soldiers come Barack stay put. The truth is if you get bar 9ja is sweet, but no bar ahah 9ja i HELL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by chiedozie198100: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to be honest I wont blame them. I used to think African and south american countries were the same level until I got into tech and started looking into jobs in other countries. Africans are at the bottom of the human race. You can't even compare the most developed country in Africa to even Peru. We don't know how finished we are. We don't even have roads. What did Nigeria do with the first 20 years of independence. No roads o. I am going out today and will put in more pictures

bros what are the options for remote cybersecurity jobs?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Expressking: 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2023
This city is so beautiful,and you say it's not as beautiful as Santiago,I wonder what the capital will look like,what's the name of this city you stay in again??
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Luckysbab: 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Soldiers go Soldiers come Barack stay put. The truth is if you get bar 9ja is sweet, but no bar ahah 9ja i HELL.

As e dey with other places.

Abi to pay over 200k Naira monthly rent na beans?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by babzo(m): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
horlahsunbo225:
Congrats bro, face your study and make us proud.

"Papilo, I know say one day you go make us proud " grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by NAC1666: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

As far as it's japa,it's better than nigeria

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Hotice085: 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Chile of all places in the world, all in the name of abroad

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by IbeOkehie: 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Luckysbab:

I'll have something to say about this comment later. As I've said before, Nigerians have a culture of sadism. They just loooove to see others suffer.

Later sha.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by harrend(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
So whats the estimated cost of schooling in chile? Is the data science an undergraduate course?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Exceed15: 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Ashirioluwa: 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Opurumiri:

Yes! I will doubt him. He keeps saying that Brazil is a very good country. But I will tell you that it's a very big lie!!!! I lived in Brazil for 2 years, the crime rate is very terrible! Does he even know that?? I had to live Brazil for Sweden where I have the quality of life and peace that I now enjoy. If you're migrating to South American country please do your research very very well so you won't regret it. Also I was tired of their Spanish language. If you can't speak Spanish, na you sabi.

Portuguese Is the language in Brazil, not Spanish as you claimed.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Geeflow(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Everything was done myself from admission to visa

Wow, congratulations bro
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Starzo: 12:42am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on demand. I am ready to help o cause the visa process na die cheesy cheesy cheesy
Scam....fake agent wey dey disguise to chop people money
Re: Memoirs From Chile by akslink: 12:59am On Aug 05, 2023
Ayinke93:
The eagle has finally landed. Congrats. I think it'll be nice to give details about how to move to Chile. Help us all get out of this shithole grin grin grin
from fried pan to fire
Re: Memoirs From Chile by winner37(m): 12:59am On Aug 05, 2023
Congratulations 🎉, God has done it for you ,I strongly believed he will do it for me ...
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 1:00am On Aug 05, 2023
haybhi1:
Looking it up atm, Argentina is looking interesting. What insights and advice do you have regarding it, Tenza?

Please be frank, as always, as well as explicative as you can, baba.

Flee from Argentina. It is a perennial basket case

Please Google "ten highest inflation rates in the world".

Did you know that $1 was 1peso on 1991. Find the value now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (48) (Reply)

Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.