Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (119215 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sniper101(m): 1:01am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at.

Normally i feel my internet speed is fast, so as
I see dis post i rush check my internet speed

41mbps on 4G using Airtel

WHICH WAY NIGERIA angry

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:10am On Aug 05, 2023
Andes mountains.... Rainbow.... hmmm
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 1:17am On Aug 05, 2023
Opurumiri:

You guys keep saying this. But I have lived in Brazil for 2 years before. The crime rate is just too high, that's the reason I had to leave!

Thank God for this! People don't want to accept the truth.

He said Brazil beats any African country. I told him I believe Botswana beats Brazil, that Brazil has high crime and inequality. He stood his ground.

I now said if I was to name any South American country beating any African country, then Chile should be it.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 1:32am On Aug 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I hope you have seen their inflation sir. Smh All that glitter is not gold o wink

You're checking things the wrong way.

Rather Google "Average inflation in Chile for the past 10 years"

Alternative search "Inflation rate in Chile for the psst 10 years?"

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by FreeStuffsNG: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

You're checking things the wrong way.

Rather Google "Average inflation in Chile for the past 10 years"

Alternative search "Inflation rate in Chile for the psst 10 years?"

Chile, just like Argentina, has serious inflation problems. When you go to those kinds of countries, you can find it difficult to save and invest so as a foreigner. Remember, these countries have strict tax systems in place as well unlike here . I am not stating what is not already out there, the major problem Chile has is inflation and the value there still does not tell the whole story

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Shikena(m): 1:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Opurumiri:

Yes! I will doubt him. He keeps saying that Brazil is a very good country. But I will tell you that it's a very big lie!!!! I lived in Brazil for 2 years, the crime rate is very terrible! Does he even know that?? I had to live Brazil for Sweden where I have the quality of life and peace that I now enjoy. If you're migrating to South American country please do your research very very well so you won't regret it. Also I was tired of their Spanish language. If you can't speak Spanish, na you sabi.

grin grin grin grin grin You sure say no be Rio de Janeiro bar in Sambisa Forest you dey for 2 years dey speak Spanish language

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by yom2(m): 1:55am On Aug 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The thing with Spanish speakers is that when they see you speaking and they notice it's not your first language they are very forgiving and they tend to use simpler phrases and speak much slower and repeat phrases if need be to get the message across to you. It wasn't that bad. I will say one year is okay.
Spanish and Portuguese are romantic languages. It's not so hard for an English speaker. One can easily pick some words in d conversation like ' comunicado, otomobile, obragado"

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:04am On Aug 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Chile, just like Argentina, has serious inflation problems. When you go to those kinds of countries, you can find it difficult to save and invest so as a foreigner. Remember, these countries have strict tax systems in place as well unlike here . I am not stating what is not already out there, the major problem Chile has is inflation and the value there still does not tell the whole story

Chile does not have an Inflation problem. If inflation rate is currently high, that might be due to the huge fiscal spending by America, the EU, UK and China which caused inflation to spike globally after the Pandemic lock downs to revive economies.

Below are Chile's inflation rates from. 1971 to 2021

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CHL/chile/inflation-rate-cpi
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:05am On Aug 05, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Please,ask the OP well o,hunnn!
This is because Chileans( Southern American Country) are struggling every now and then to move to US or any European Countries!

Chile isn't one of those countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:07am On Aug 05, 2023
RaptorX:
The same Latin America from where they are all jumping the US border illegally by the millions including Chileans and Brazilians to come and be cleaning toilets, picking crops under hot sun, working in Macdonald's, doing back breaking construction jobs while no speky English. All the low wage menial crap jobs that even Africans will not touch. Never saw an African clean toilets in the US, because 99% of toilet cleaners are Latinos wonder why they didn't all go to the paradise in Chile and Brazil so keep deceiving the gullibles like yourself on NL.

Chileans don't emigrate

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by FreeStuffsNG: 2:11am On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Chile does not have an Inflation problem. If inflation rate is currently high, that might be due to the huge fiscal spending by America, the EU, UK and China which caused inflation to spike globally after the Pandemic lock downs to revive economies.

Below are Chile's inflation rates from. 1971 to 2021

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CHL/chile/inflation-rate-cpi
This is world bank economic report on Chile, please kindly study sir.
https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/chile/overview
I apologise for not sending the link earlier. It is world bank report, not I that stated in black and white that they have two major economic problems: High inflation and Stagnation

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:20am On Aug 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is world bank economic report on Chile, please kindly study sir.
https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/chile/overview
I apologise for not sending the link earlier. It is world bank report, not I that stated in black and white that they have two major economic problems: High inflation and Stagnation

This is no big deal. The major economies in the world are either in a recession or are heading into one. It is adversely affecting Chile as its a major exporter of copper and other commodities. Demand would slow for its exports

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:22am On Aug 05, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Nothing Dey Chile. Says person wey no get intl passport
clown I live abroad since 2015 unah voted for one mugu to lead Nigeria ... unah never see anything for that useless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:23am On Aug 05, 2023
Offpointng:

Boss I'm really so keen to know more bout that Peruvian passport gotten under 4years, is it through investment??

Allah my wish for life is to travel round the world without stress and 9ja passport won't grant me that access

Hunger go finish you for Peru except you go into business
Re: Memoirs From Chile by FreeStuffsNG: 2:26am On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

This is no big deal. The major economies in the world are either in a recession or are heading into one. It is adversely affecting Chile as its a major exporter of copper and other commodities. Demand would slow for its exports
The case of Chile is big deal, very big deal because they are yet to get back to pre-pandemic levels. Copper is not like oil, they have low utilisation of the copper unlike oil so they are at the mercy of the major economies. Early this year, I watched a documentary on Chile on Aljazeera and it was pathetic in terms of the economy. I am not being pessimistic about the prospect. I just need us to focus on having the right knowledge to save and invest in such a country. That's what I want the OP to note. People realise this too late and get stuck in the rat race and desperation.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:26am On Aug 05, 2023
ycat:
When all the people in Chile people have japa and are trekking along Mexican border.

Chileans rarely emigrate. They have a high standard of living

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:27am On Aug 05, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Nothing Dey Chile. Says person wey no get intl passport
below is where he will be living after the money he paid for hotel finish...

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 2:32am On Aug 05, 2023
sukkot:
hey bro I ain’t knocking your hustle. I wish you all the best but please don’t hype that shithole country Chile. You are better off going to Costa Rica 😁

Chile isn't a shithole.

It was one of the earliest countries to implement market reforms in the 1970s, even earlier than the UK under Margaret Thatcher.

It is probably the most prosperous country on mainland South America.

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:13am On Aug 05, 2023
[code][/code]
ycat:
When all the people in Chile people have japa and are trekking along Mexican border.

As expected, the demons have arrived. People who have FREE access to the US and its labour market for almost twenty years are at the Mexican border wanting to enter the US illegally?

It shall never be well with you demons! angry

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2023
grandstar:

Hunger go finish you for Peru except you go into business
Imagine ahah Peru ke
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I hope you have seen their inflation sir. Smh All that glitter is not gold o wink

An Agbadorian.

Clip your filthy fingers. You are a worthless creature!

9 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:31am On Aug 05, 2023
Kabiru907:
So you're now in heaven.

Any country that is a member of the US Visa Waiver Program is heaven compared to Nigeria.

You were inhaling generator fumes while typing that message. You have never experienced a functioning society since birth, so you won't understand.

13 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:32am On Aug 05, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
below is where he will be living after the money he paid for hotel finish...
I dont think he realizes how shyte that country is, 1st two pics he took of out and about are drug infested already.But wetin we sabi,
I have alwasy educated young men in my area if your money Long reach N4 to N5m and you cannot make it to Europe or North America, plz stay 9ja do any Biz.Unless U wan go sell the white stuff and its brothers then your life don truly bend

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:34am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Any country that is a member of the US Visa Waiver Program is heaven compared to Nigeria.

You were inhaling generator fumes while typing that message. You have never experienced a functioning society since birth, so you won't understand.
Bross calm down nah men dey live for Banana sland and area 1 Abj, nah dem dey run things,E bad E bad men dey ground still.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:35am On Aug 05, 2023
Dshocker:

What of your neighbor that got married to a jobless handsome man?

My advice for you; Save money and leave Chile, nothing dey that country, unless you want enter street.

Yet Chileans enjoys OPEN access to the US and Canadian labour market and are not even using it Do you know the struggle countries go through to be included in the US Visa Waiver Program? Waiver program o as it does not offer access to the labour market. Only five countries have unfettered access to the US labour market - Mexico, Canada, Chile, Australia and Singapore. For a black person, the US is the only place to earn more money than anywhere else.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:40am On Aug 05, 2023
Gerrard59:
[code][/code]

As expected, the demons have arrived. People who have FREE access to the US and its labour market for almost twenty years are at the Mexican border wanting to enter the US illegally?

It shall never be well with you demons! angry
I dont think you understand what the no visa policy really means, for example the EU citizens can come and go as they like to the Uk but can they work and do Biz?Might just be fr tourism though. As it stands As a UK citizen I cant just pack up and go to US to work, I got to apply for certain stuff and it takes time B4 I can have the full rights to work there.

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:43am On Aug 05, 2023
RaptorX:
The same Latin America from where they are all jumping the US border illegally by the millions including Chileans and Brazilians to come and be cleaning toilets, picking crops under hot sun, working in Macdonald's, doing back breaking construction jobs while no speky English. All the low wage menial crap jobs that even Africans will not touch. Never saw an African clean toilets in the US, because 99% of toilet cleaners are Latinos wonder why they didn't all go to the paradise in Chile and Brazil so keep deceiving the gullibles like yourself on NL.

These are the demons i talked about!

Show us where Chileans and Brazilians are jumping the fences at Mexico to enter the US?! So Chileans would jump the fence yet enjoy visa free access to the US and its labour market? Brazillans have less than 20% visa refusal rate to the US, YET the same Brazillians are jumping fences into the US? A university-educated Mexican only needs to apply for a TN visa to work in the US, YET Mexicans are jumping fences? Do you know what it means to enjoy visa free access to the US? Do you know what it means to enjoy free access to the US labour market? Only five countries do and Mexico and Chile are among them.

You are confusing Guatemalans, El Salvadorans and Venezuelans for Chileans and Brazilians. A Chilean passport holder HAS unfettered ACCESS TO THE US AND ITS LABOUR MARKET. THIS IS AN UNDENIABLE FACT!

You people are cruel and wicked! Terrible demons! Spits!!!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:45am On Aug 05, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
If u voted for Tinubu and japa... deportation and disgrace awaits you Amen

Tensa20 even hates Tinubu more than I do.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:47am On Aug 05, 2023
adecz:

Chile of all places❗️❗️❗️😁😁

Japa get levels ohh
The journey sef na wah. Nigeria to Doha
before heading to South America. It just
like a Lagosian wey wan fly go Ivory coast,
and them first fly you go Maiduguri or
Cameroon to connect Ivory coast flight.😁😁
No go enter racist Spanish country
where some racist gangs go just kidnap
you kee just because they don't like
your color..

Look before you leap.

Chile is safer than Nigeria. That is an undeniable fact. As a Nigerian, you have no moral right to accuse others of racial discrimination. You lots are tribal demons! Better hobnobbing with racists in Chile that is prosperous than residing with tribal demons in the world's poverty capital!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:49am On Aug 05, 2023
PepeXKermit:
Lmao. Time will quickly tell you that even when you were in Nigeria, you were better off. Loooool

L I E S! You people have been so used to inhaling generator fumes it is now affecting how you donkeys think. Chile is not Turkey or Tunisia, or even Spain. Spaniards relocate to Chile due to Spain's high youth unemployment rate, but Chileans NEVER relocate to Spain. Even Mexicans never relocate to Spain. Only poor Venezuelans do.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by cl0r0x: 3:54am On Aug 05, 2023
Do their girls have big nyashes?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 3:56am On Aug 05, 2023
Edipet:
you are an inspiration to many sir.. I read one of your comment here on nairaland wen I started following programing section. Where you said there was a time you didn't have anything to your name Or money. You have given me hope now because at the moment. I'm so broke and frustrated

I don't know about others, but I recall Tensa20 PM'ing me about his poor grades in university. As you said, he had nothing to his name. Everything he is today is out of sheer hard work, determination and perseverance. He really works very hard and is persistent. He is the epitome of Determination + Perseverance = Success.

I can't wait to see him in the US earning armed robber salaries grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply)

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos)

Viewing this topic: jenifer007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.