Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD (4176 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches / Sincere Milk — God Calls Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
sonmvayina:

you are calling Gods laws obsolete, what he says it is for ever。。。continue deceiving yourself。be gladly claiming a cult as GOds plane。。。

Did Abel Enoch Noah Abraham Isaac Jacob Joseph and Job lived by the laws given to Moses?

Ọmọ if not then it's not what we need to live in peace globally! smiley

1 Like

Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09am On Sep 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Did Abel Enoch Noah Abraham Isaac Jacob Joseph and Job lived by the laws given to Moses?

Ọmọ if not then it's not what we need to live in peace globally! smiley

Yes!

They did not kept first and second commandment. They did steal, kill, take someone's wife or servant, nor treated their servants wickedly. They listened to God and obeyed Him.

There can never be peace with devils like you and your diverse cults living in the world.
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Dtruthspeaker: 5:19am On Sep 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Comprehension is your biggest problem..

So was Jesus a ruler ...did he save his people from their enemies by leading them in battle like leaders do?

I don't really understand your second paragraph...they left because they is not what God promised them...so John and Jesus where frauds if they existed...

Says the one who said messiah means "anointed king" and did not understand that he is thinking exactly what John'sdisciples thought when they left Jesus.

Like the people of Nazareth it is your right to refuse His salvation.
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by sonmvayina(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the one who said messiah means "anointed king" and did not understand that he is thinking exactly what John'sdisciples thought when they left Jesus.

Like the people of Nazareth it is your right to refuse His salvation.

What is he saving me from?

Don't you think?
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Happy Sunday!!!
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MrPRevailer(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
sonmvayina:

What is Atonement?
State the law of atonement..

Thanks..

If a person sins, he will take a goat/sheep/bull to the Priest. Confess his sins. The Priest will kill/sprinkle it's blood on the alter of God and upon the person and his soul shall be cleansed from his sin.
Leviticus Chapter 1 to Chapter 6.

Leviticus 11:17
GOD SPEAKING "For the life of the flesh [animal] is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by sonmvayina(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
MrPRevailer:

If a person sins, he will take a goat/sheep/bull to the Priest. Confess his sins. The Priest will kill/sprinkle it's blood on the alter of God and upon the person and his soul shall be cleansed from his sin.
Leviticus Chapter 1 to Chapter 6.

Leviticus 11:17
GOD SPEAKING "For the life of the flesh [animal] is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

What if when there is no place to do the sacrifice..like now, there is no temple in Jerusalem....?
Does it mean that God won't forgive?
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:26am On Sep 06, 2023
Gm
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MrPRevailer(m): 8:31am On Sep 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

What if when there is no place to do the sacrifice..like now, there is no temple in Jerusalem....?
Does it mean that God won't forgive?

We don't need anymore sacrifices. The sacrifice of a sinless man is ONCE and Sufficient.
All you have to do is call on the blood of Jesus to wash all your sins (mention the ones you can remember).

The Jews are still trying to build the Third temple to restore the animal sacrifices.
But their conflict of interest with their Muslim neighbours has made it impossible.

The blood of animals is now rendered obsolete by the blood of Christ. {John 14:6}
So even their animal sacrifices today will not be accepted by God.
Moreover, according to Moses Law, the animal sacrifices were conducted by specifically the generation of Aaron only (called LEVITES).

According to the Bible Prophesy, Israel will make a covenant of Peace agreement with the Antichrist. They will successfully build the Third Temple. But the Antichrist will desecrate it a few years after.

1 Like

Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by sonmvayina(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2023
MrPRevailer:

We don't need anymore sacrifices. The sacrifice of a sinless man is ONCE and Sufficient.
All you have to do is call on the blood of Jesus to wash all your sins (mention the ones you can remember).

The Jews are still trying to build the Third temple to restore the animal sacrifices.
But their conflict of interest with their Muslim neighbours has made it impossible.

The blood of animals is now rendered obsolete by the blood of Christ. {John 14:6}
Moreover, according to Moses Law, the animal sacrifices were conducted by specifically the generation of Aaron only (called LEVITES).

According to the Bible Prophesy, Israel will make a covenant of Peace agreement with the Antichrist. They will successfully build the Third Temple. But the Antichrist will desecrate it a few years after.

But you said God does not accept human sacrifice?
Why are you speaking with both sides of your mouth..?
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Gmmm.....
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2023
MrPRevailer:

bible never said israel will make a covenant of peace or whatever covenant with antichrist. the only person making a covenant with israel is God. you dont know your bible.
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Dtruthspeaker: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2023
sonmvayina:

But you said God does not accept human sacrifice?
Why are you speaking with both sides of your mouth..?

Christ was not human. That is the difference
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by sonmvayina(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Christ was not human. That is the difference

He was what?
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MindHacker9009(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Or the invented jesus christ came to change the laws of Moses to suit the Roman empire occupying Israel at the time. That's why he told Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, asked his father to fogive the Roman soldiers and more...
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MrPRevailer(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
bible never said israel will make a covenant of peace or whatever covenant with antichrist. the only person making a covenant with israel is God. you dont know your bible.

Who doesn't know his bible? undecided

Daniel 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 24:15–16. So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains";

John 4:45 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Who doesn't know his bible? undecided

Daniel 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 24:15–16. So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains";

John 4:45 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."
you indeed do not know the bible. but let me school you.

daniel 9:27 was fulfilled by christ . the "He" who confirmed a covenant withmany and stopped the sacrifices in the midst of the week was jesus christ and not antichrist.

notice the bible says "confirm" not" make" which means there is a pre existing covenant that was promised by God that need to be confirmed so that it can come into play. this is the covenant of grace promised by God in jeremiah 31:31 “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

this is the covenant christ came to confirm not antichrist. christ confirmed this covenant in luke 22:20 which reads: Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the NEW COVENANT in MY BLOOD, which is shed for you. God is the only one making a covenant with israel not antichrist.

mathew 24:15 is not talking of antichrist in the last days but it is talking about the destruction of jerusalem that happend almost 2000years ago .
luke 21:20 gives better insight. “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. this is the abomination that brings desolation daniel was talking about. so my guy go properly study your bible.
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by MrPRevailer(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
you indeed do not know the bible. but let me school you.

daniel 9:27 was fulfilled by christ . the "He" who confirmed a covenant withmany and stopped the sacrifices in the midst of the week was jesus christ and not antichrist.

notice the bible says "confirm" not" make" which means there is a pre existing covenant that was promised by God that need to be confirmed so that it can come into play. this is the covenant of grace promised by God in jeremiah 31:31 “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

this is the covenant christ came to confirm not antichrist. christ confirmed this covenant in luke 22:20 which reads: Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the NEW COVENANT in MY BLOOD, which is shed for you. God is the only one making a covenant with israel not antichrist.

mathew 24:15 is not talking of antichrist in the last days but it is talking about the destruction of jerusalem that happend almost 2000years ago .
luke 21:20 gives better insight. “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. this is the abomination that brings desolation daniel was talking about. so my guy go properly study your bible.

Wow, this is next level myopicism and idiocratic school of thought far worse than post-tribulation doctrine.

Wow, so you just claimed that Matthew 24:15 was already fulfilled in the time of Christ??

So show me the scripture where Christ caused the abomination of dosolation. Show me how verse 16- 29 Great tribulation has been fulfilled.

And we are still here in peaceful times. Where is this part of the prophesy in the Bible?

And where is the Antichrist in all these dilemma?
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Wow, this is next level myopicism and idiocracy.

Wow, so you just claimed that Matthew 24:15 was fulfilled in the time of Christ??

So show me the scripture where Christ cause the abomination of dosolatiom. Show me how verse 16- 29 Great tribulation has been fulfilled.

And we are still here in peaceful times. Where does this part in the prophesy.

And where is the Antichrist in all these?
you are the myopic one but I will still correct your short sightedness..

mathew 24: was and is still a dual prophecy. the apostles asked him when will the temple be destroyed and what will be the sign of his coming. the apostles actually thought christ will come back in their time.

christ gave a prophetic statement concerning the end of jerusalem and the world because the end of jerusalem is a shadow and a semblance of the end of the age .
mathew 24:15 specifically os talking of the destruction of jerusalem that happend in 70AD. the book of luke 21:20 and 24 clarifies this. it reads And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
-- Luke 21:24

from the verses above , there is no doubt this is talking about the fall of jerusalem.so toansweryour question, yes! mathew 24:15 was fulfilled about 2000yrs ago.

to your second question: christ did not cause the abomination that causes desolation. the abomination of desolation is simply idolatry. the romans who surrounded the holy city of jerusalem before they destroyed it brought their idols and worshiped it in jerusalem. this is the abomination of desolation. the great tribulation of the world is yet future but the tribulation of the jews happened in 70 ad which is a semblance of the great tribulation of the world. I told you the prophecy is in two folds.

the antichrist will rise from rome who will bring about the abomination of desolation and the tribulation . just asrome did in jerusalem that antichrist is present even now and has fulffilled some parts of daniel prophecy.

to your fourth question: mathew24: 6-7 is our present situation in bible prophecy

to your last question. the antichrist is actually the one who brings about the tribulation and persecution of the saints in mathew24:9-13. that is why he who endures the same will be saved.

so you can see that your wrong on the book of daniel prophecy. christ confirmed the covenant . Galatians 3:17. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of non effect.

christ is the he who confirmed a covenant.

romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to CONFIRM the promises made unto the fathers:
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2023
......happy Sunday.....
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2023
......happy Sunday..........
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:24am On Sep 11, 2023
Gm
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2023
Gmmm....
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 7:42am On Sep 13, 2023
Gmmiii
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2023
......Good Day.........
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2023
............Good day..............
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 6:12am On Sep 17, 2023
....happy weekend....
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 5:34am On Sep 18, 2023
....good day.......
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Iamanoited: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2023
TO TELL WHY ADAM AND EVE FAILED. AND DEMONSTRATE OBEDIENCE TO THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION.
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Ken4Christ: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2023
Corrections:
The law of Moses refers to a collection of laws and commandments that were given to Moses by God according to the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament). Many people think Jesus has come to abolish the laws given by God to Moses and other prophets before him. Jesus knowing the thoughts of people in the Bible had to openly confess about his mission in this subjec matter when he was asked "what his mission was".

Matthew 5: 17-19
17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

From statement made by Jesus one could see how much respect he has for God's word and also showing us the quality of God's word. However, it is one task to know the laws of God given to moses and its another task completely to know the true interpretations of these laws of God given to Moses. Even though Jesus completely agreed with the people on validity of God's law given to moses and other prophets but disagreed with the same people on the true interpretation of these laws given to Moses and other prophets.

Matt 17:9-13

9 As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.” 10 And His disciples asked Him, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11 And He answered and said, “Elijah is coming and will restore all things; 12 but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wished. [/b]So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the Baptist.

Here Jesus completely agrees (knowing fully well that God"s word stands forever) with the people that God had given his words to Moses and other prophets before moses concerning the signs to see when the messiah would come ( Here the people asked Jesus.....Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11 And He answered and said, “Elijah is coming and will restore all things.)

Where Jesus disagrees with them as concerning the law of moses is when they lack true ( heavenly ) interpretation of God's word given to these prophets.
Just imagine the scenerio on ground where the people were still waiting for Elijah to come when in the reality of God's plan "Elijah already came and departed." This only means that they failed to connect to Gods own interpretation of his laws given to moses and other prophets before Moses.

The major problem these people have is "lack of committment to understand the true or detailed meaning of every Law given to moses and other prophets by God." Even though they were experts at understanding the detailed meaning associated to other things of the flesh, they were less concerned at going the extra mile connecting to God in understandig the things of heaven spoken concerning them. Here is another example below...

Matthew16:1-4
Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He should show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed.

Jesus has come to show the world the true meaning to those laws of God given to moses and prophets before moses. Jesus therefore, has come to execute God's word given to Moses and other prophets before Moses.

Luke 24:44, Jesus says—

“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Another example in Moses law Jesus gave the true meaning to which the people had misinterpreted over the years is on divorce and murder.

Matthew 19:8-9

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Murder
In Matthew 5:21 - 26

Jesus amplified the meaning of the sixth commandment "thou shall not kill." He revealed that to commit murder is more than killing someone, it means having an angry and unforgiving attitude towards them (Matthew 5:21 - 26).

Where we should worship God

The Gospel of John 4:1–42 talks about the encounter between Jesus and the woman of Samaria. The discusson between Jesus and the Samaritan woman was about what the Law ( Moses law ) says about the right place to worship God.
The Samaritans believed that Mount Gerizim, not Jerusalem, was the place designated by God for worship. They once had a temple on the mountain which was near Sychar (Shechem), where this story takes place.

Question she asked...
19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

Jesus' reply to the Samaritan woman about the true interpretation of Moses Law (which they lacked back then) as it relates to the right place to worship God.
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The statement does not rule out the relevance of the Temple, or any place of worship; it does, however, stress the point that such places do not make the people's worship more pleasant before God. Jesus’ statement suggests that while the designated places of worship are important, they are not the only places where God can be worshipped. The statement points to the fact that the hour is coming when worship will have to be outside the designated sites – “neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.”[8] Jesus' words clearly state that the buildings or sites do not make the worship; the people do, and true worshippers worship in Spirit and in truth. Worship happens where the people are.

Therefore, Jesus has come to show us the true meaning of God's word given to moses and other prophets before Moses so as to deliver us from ignorances that limits us before God . No wonder the apostle says in the book of

Galatians 3:24
— New Living Translation (NLT)
24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith.

Why didn't you quote the verse below;

And now that the way of faith has come, WE NO LONGER NEED THE LAW as our guardian.
Galatians 3:25 NLT
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by Corrections: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Why didn't you quote the verse below;

And now that the way of faith has come, WE NO LONGER NEED THE LAW as our guardian.
Galatians 3:25 NLT

You don't need to be confused even though the scripture you quoted is not part of the topic. Now since you have asked, this is what I will say...........

The spirit controls the physical. We need to approach the word of God with spiritual understanding and not with just physical understanding.

The law of the prophets as seen in Matt 17:9-13 told the Israelites that Elijah would appear then thereafter the Messiah will come. The Israelites because they dwelt in carnality and their spiritual eyes were not opened they rejected Jesus saying " Elijah is yet to appear how can you call yourself the messiah".

Jesus who happens to always work With his spiritual eyes opened helped them to see the truth by telling them that the Elijah they were waiting for had already appeared in form of John the Baptist.

Now, from the scripture you quoted, does it mean that we can now begin to steal, commit adultery or formication and others because we don't need the law to guard us? If your answer is No, then your supposed negative interpretation about this scripture is wrong.

The scripture makes us understand that faith operates with God's laws. It does not operate in isolation. Does it? No wonder James 2:26 it says faith with void (without work) is dead!! Faith does not float about without anchoring on something (law or believe system).

If faith from the scripture you quoted is not void but mixes or work with God's law ( thou shall not steal, commit adultery and others ) to be alive, then the scripture you quoted could not had meant that we should throw the LAW into the dustbin.

If you are a Christian, the scripture you quoted tells us that faith (Jesus) has come to fulfill the law (not to throw the law into the dustbin) in a way that the world has never experienced before courtesy "Mercy of God". Take for example, when people sin before now (Jesus existence on Earth ) they offer the BLOOD of animals to God for their sin to be forgiven by God as the Law demands.

Today as a Christian when you sin you don't need the LAW of animal blood offered to God to GUARD you to have your sins forgiven. Instead what you need is to have your FAITH in JESUS BLOOD offered to God for your sins to be forgiven. Here, the LAW of BLOOD covenant for atonement of sin still exists not that it has been thrown into the dustbin. Like it or not, blood is STILL needed to be paid for every sin committed by human for God to forgive their sins only that JESUS CHRIST has laid down his blood to replace the blood of animals. Therefore, we NO LONGER NEED THE LAW of animal blood to GUARD us but FAITH in Jesus own BLOOD.

May God give us understanding!!!
Re: JESUS CAME TO FULFILL MOSES LAW GIVEN BY GOD by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2023
sonmvayina:

He was what?

@Dtruthspeaker...you have not answered this question...

if you say Jesus was not a man, what was he?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Examining Quran 9:29 – Islam Sanction The Killing Of Christians & Jews? / How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? / How To Prepare For The Glory Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.