Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? (13094 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You're Her Brother? / What Would Be Your Reaction If.. / What Will Be Your Reaction Should Your Ex Send You This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Kajaard: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
NeeKlaus:
Labake1, ask your friend (though I think it's you), when she proposes to him, will she also pay his groom price?

Bear the cost of the wedding?

Handled all the financial aspects of the wedding?

Or she will just place expenses on somebody that wasn't expecting it or is not even ready for it?

Is that the plan?

Lol cheesy grin cheesy at the bold faced. My thoughts as well.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Ade1177: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

Both of them has been dating for four years, she has met all his family and her siblings knows him but he doesn't seem like moving to the next stage.

So she is thinking on proposing to him this weekend but worried of his reaction.

Guys, what would be your reaction if your girlfriend proposed to you?

I will reject it

Except she's rich

I am not marrying anybody's daughter whose father is not rich
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
You men sef... tongue
You people say, you guys will no longer propose to ladies that it is not befitting of an African man...

Now ladies wanna propose and it is still a problem to you people...

What do you people want sef

You're mixing it up. Asking someone out is different from proposing. There's nothing wrong if a girl asks a guy out because you'll just be dating.

Proposing means you're ready to cater for the person on your own expenses for life. So its absurd for a woman to propose to a man because no be you go house and cater for me. That is a mans role.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Aforxzy(f): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
I salute her courage cos I can't.

Hope she is ready to assist the guy financially,if he says yes.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by UjuJoan2: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

Both of them has been dating for four years, she has met all his family and her siblings knows him but he doesn't seem like moving to the next stage.

So she is thinking on proposing to him this weekend but worried of his reaction.

She should sit him down and talk to him about wanting to take the relationship to the next level. Ask him what his plans her and tell him she needs to know if he has any plan for their future together.

I personally will not propose to a guy so I will not advocate for that. But to each his own.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Bluezy13(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Where is she hurrying to

On the other hand, she should get the guy to propose to her instead.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by popweezy(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
N3TRAL:
I'll get the ring from her, go on my knees and put it on her finger. We'll then kiss for a minute or five.
pele oh MR. Romantic grin
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by tommyray4ever(m): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lol
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by kosiebe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
I will say no

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by MrBroke(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
I'll think about it grin
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
pansophist:
The act of proposing is just an act of promise, it's symbolic. Where the work is, is when you carry the responsibilities of a proposer. And I'm 100% sure that's not something your friend wants to carry.

So after she proposed to him, will she also pay his groom price, then sponsor their wedding, then pay for honeymoon, have a house for him to move into later on? And he probably will bear her surname?

The act of proposal is basically a man saying, "I owe you marital responsibilities". I will provide for you, care for you, love you, and see you as a part of me. Its a statement that carries weight.

Since men carry the burden of performance, he has the responsibility to propose, it's it him declaring to you that he is willing to be your performer.

Men are like drivers, and women are like passengers. You'll only enter a bus that is going to direction you want. So a man's proposals is like saying, hey, I'm going to Abuja, it's better than Lagos, are you onboarding?

Then as a woman, you decide if Abuja is better than Lagos, or Cotonou, or Paris. You choose from your options and pick the best. This is the natural dynamic.

So if you propose to a man, it's like a passenger forcing the driver to go Enugu when he is not ready, or don't want to go there. Also you don't want to put the wrong driver in the steering.

If you understand my alalogy, then proposing is not your job as a woman. Refrain from it. You may ask him where this relationship is heading, to determine your next step.

Word of wisdom!!!
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Skillsnigeria: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
That's good
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by TLAX: 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

We know you are the so called friend. You are tired of waiting and you want to move the relationship to the next level.

Don't do it. Whatever weed you are taking, just don't do it!

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Juju70(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
I wee say stand up I don hia wait till I proposition.....
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by nairamaniac: 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
I'm currently dating A STRIPPER. If she proposes to me, well, I may just have to STRIP-HER grin
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
I will be like...Awwww
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Chetas81(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
All this rubbish post, pls asked Google instead of asked man living with errors, the Nigerian citizen always give people wrong advice
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by ultimateprof: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
We go leave omenala mewazie ome na elu!
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Georgejeez: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
You don see am naw

Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by watersideboys: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
Make nobody just propose any nonsense to me o
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
No problem 😊 but she better b ready to pay my groom price, and i dont come cheap grin
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Bobbiee: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
If she is a wife material then yes. Else I would say "give me time to think about it" so I can keep chopping from the honey pot while I plan my escape
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Nkemgboye: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Run ohh! 🌝
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Authur729(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
It’s not appropriate,If he wants the girl he will definitely propose, If not the girl shouldn’t force herself on him because it will be a case of desperation And that’s not good.Cus the girl may likely not be happy in the marriage.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Allwell96: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
If as a man, I'm ready, I would have proposed before now. Except if she's ready to take the responsibility of the man in the house now and after marriage. His not proposing to her means he's not ready yet or he doesn't want to marry her simple.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by stanisbaratheon: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
culturally, it is not right for a woman to propose to an African man. He should take the initiative and propose to her if he truly loves her.
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Kaido: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Men should be straight forward
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by eddynaira125: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Though dangerous path, but advise your friend to do it within their confide, make another eye no see them
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by DrDunamis(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
labake1:
Asking for a friend

Why is she your girlfriend if you're not planning to marry her?
Re: Guys, What Would Be Your Reaction If Your Girlfriend Proposed To You? by Anashe: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
She needs to walk away from a man who is not ready to take the relationship to the next level after 4 years of being together.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Says Fulani Girls Are Not Woke? See Fulani Girls Grooving So Hard / Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? / Have You Been To A Brothel? Share Your Xperience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.