Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? (35386 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Pictures Look Blury / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Akeem79(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Astra101:
Some people hate taking responsibility for their errors. It's not possible Samsung screen drew a line on your phone without any error on your part.

Secondly, calling Samsung thrash is laughable. iPhone dey learn when it comes to quality phone screen.

you dey mind dem ?
I have over twenty years experience of using Samsung phones without seeing this line on my phone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by wittywriter: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
No brand is perfect.

Wittyness
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
KingMack:
get it to a good repairer with Samsung experience.. would help you in removing it.
and you will spend money still grin
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Kajaard: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

Mumu either bought a fake phone or was very careless with his phone and now came online to insult samsung phones. People can be really foolish sha undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by thesicilian: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
See the way Nigerians are defending a company they have no shares in. Owner of phone says the phone didn't fall, others are saying with all confidence it must have fallen. That's one of the reasons you never hear of defective products being recalled in Nigeria. Because one way or another people will find a way to blame the victim.

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abifarin16: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

Na mark of the beast. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
They obviously have hardware issues they need to fix.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Daviestunech(m): 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Astra101:
Some people hate taking responsibility for their errors. It's not possible Samsung screen drew a line on your phone without any error on your part.

Secondly, calling Samsung thrash is laughable. iPhone dey learn when it comes to quality phone screen.

Which mistakes?.....the issues comes up when u update your OS to newest version..

Eg s20+. If u go mistakenly update to android 13...u are welcome to green line issues

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abudu2000:
Coz they are shittty phones, the reason apple was reluctant to adopt the amoled screen coz they were prone to fail before 2years.

You're a liar. I've used a galaxy j5 prime for up to 3 years before and the phone is still kicking even with random falls. And it has no green line Stop saying what you dont know and enjoy your iphone

Samsung phones last if you know how to manage it well

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Skillsnigeria: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Fryx: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
[/b]
falcon01:
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. [b]And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves
, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.

The bolded sounds funny. Self-healing phone grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by aklid(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Correction to some peoples comment here
*samsung only makes “some” of apples screens
It’s mostly LG that do apple screens as LG have since surpassed Samsung in making The best Quality screens..u can browse and see
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by dododawa1: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Maybe Na FUFU phone for Ikeja
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Rayban25:

You're a liar. I've used a galaxy j5 prime for up to 3 years before and the phone is still kicking even with random falls. And it has no green line Stop saying what you dont know and enjoy your iphone

Samsung phones last if you know how to manage it well
same way honda legs dont pull off if you manage it well but still everyone is running from them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by pargelenis(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:
And you'd be surprised that Samsung makes some real quality spare parts for Apple...including iPhone OLED screens!
That is quite normal. It has nothing to do with the reduced quality in Samsung phones compared to the IPhone … Apple maintains its standards among all its suppliers.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

I had an S10+ that developed this fault. Anytime you see this green line on a Samsung phone, just know that the screen is about to rest in peace!!! sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by caracas: 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
DONFRANSKID:
All OLED screens have the same issues be it Samsung or iPhone.
With their dull dark screens abeg park one side
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by falcon01: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
seanwilliam:
mighty healer grin
it really does 😂. It happened to more than 5 people I know.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Olat4421: 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Why 99 percent of celebrities or rich people or influential people uses iPhone
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
pargelenis:
That is quite normal. It has nothing to do with the reduced quality in Samsung phones compared to the IPhone … Apple maintains its standards among all its suppliers.

Actually, Samsung is a better company.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Big man big problem
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by dinkyicon: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
udemzyudex:

Naa,not fake ,na so dem dey get green lines.
From 1 to 2 from 2 till screen to Black out.
i have been using Samsung since 2013 and I don't have green lines issues except it falls down
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

Same shìt happened to my samsung A31 phone. I had to go to samsung office, d changed d screen for free, cos phone was still under one year warranty. U need to change ur screen, dats d only solution. D line will keep gettin bigger nd bigger till it consume d whole screen. It's a nightmare...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by controlaltdeleat: 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
I used note 3 for 5 years custom rums working like magic now am using s21 can't do anything many app that are useless can't be removed the secret to me is deactivate adaptive brightness and don't let screen be more than 20% except when necessary and of course avoid phone dropping.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by CaseSensitive(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

You would normally expect this muppet to be tech savvy at least to the knowledge point of the fact that Apple Inc. buys its displays from Samsung and the green line issue is not Samsung phone specific, it also happens to iPhones. Agba ode has dropped his phone maybe one too many times and the phone has taken the fall for long and is now started to show. Either you use iPhone or Samsung, drop it a few times or at certain height and overtime you will see those lines appear, which is due to connection issue between the digitizer and the phone's LCD. Taking good care of your phone might just be a lot better than unnecessary Samsung v iPhone bashing without any major technical context.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by morikee: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
youngreva:

Well. I still can’t see any green line on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+ even after 2 years of use.

Mind you this phone has fallen several times multiple times lol
Same with my Note 10+ bought it brand new 2 days after release and it falls several times

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Cheezzyy: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chai. I feel sorry for Samsung users. I’ve even lost count of how many times my phone has fallen, still no crack.😂 Tecno thank you oooo
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by bonnyhope: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

Oga, you have a poor handling issue
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Sprints3: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abudu2000:
Coz they are shittty phones, the reason apple was reluctant to adopt the amoled screen coz they were prone to fail before 2years.
AMOLED is a very useless tech. No wonder tecno still produces LCD screen phone me still rocking my Samsung A14 LCD screen phone I stay clear of AMOLED despite efficient in Saving battery and good for gaming I will never use it. My father uses Oppo amoled the screen don dey change color. And the phone never drop b4. Na rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by gidado14(m): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

Oga you don chop screen go replace it
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Sprints3: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

no be Samsung be problem, na that yeye amoled screen ditch the nonsense look for better engineer to replace your screen to LCD
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Elsueno: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
udemzyudex:

The phone doesn't even have to drop before the green line will appear,I've ask if they accidentally drop it or probably slept on it but they all said no.

They need to recall all the models experiencing this cheesy

As long as u keep squeezing d thing in ur tight jeans pocket or any other place for that matter, ego still develop that line...I have an s10 galaxy since 2020 & has no such issues...do d battery holding capacity don drop quite a bit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Scatter Dem! Glo2go @ 1k/sec- Flexi Dynamic Tariff / Transfer Airtime From One Network To Another / See My Museum Of Phones (photos Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.