Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? (35289 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Pictures Look Blury / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Mthumbie: 1:02am On Aug 04, 2023
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 3:08am On Aug 04, 2023
And you'd be surprised that Samsung makes some real quality spare parts for Apple...including iPhone OLED screens! So the comparison with Apple phone is actually wrong. Samsung is better.

See here to correct it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-fix-green-line-issue-on-phone-screen-3342058/%23:~:text%3DRestart%2520your%2520phone%2520to%2520rule,trip%2520to%2520the%2520service%2520center.&ved=2ahUKEwia6ovL9cGAAxVKQkEAHTZ3CjQQFnoECBoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2q8oh-aPqRu6VhQnl1hJ3W

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by falcon01: 4:48am On Aug 04, 2023
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.

269 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Astra101: 5:40am On Aug 04, 2023
Some people hate taking responsibility for their errors. It's not possible Samsung screen drew a line on your phone without any error on your part.

Secondly, calling Samsung thrash is laughable. iPhone dey learn when it comes to quality phone screen.

211 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Yankee101: 6:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Your phone na fake maybe sef e don dey spoil
Original no get oh

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:45am On Aug 04, 2023
All OLED screens have the same issues be it Samsung or iPhone.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by BigDan69: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.

Bless you for this.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by udemzyudex(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2023
All the S22/S23 I have been seeing lately have multiple green lines.

I have a friend whose s23 have more than 2 green lines and it's not as if it fell down.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by udemzyudex(m): 8:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Yankee101:
Your phone na fake maybe of e don dey spoil
Original no get oh

Naa,not fake ,na so dem dey get green lines.
From 1 to 2 from 2 till screen to Black out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by udemzyudex(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:

The phone doesn't even have to drop before the green line will appear,I've ask if they accidentally drop it or probably slept on it but they all said no.

They need to recall all the models experiencing this cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Stubborn82: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2023
Samsung screen always have expired date, whether your phone fall or not, that is why, its not advisable to buy foreign used Samsung phone, except you are ready to change screen, but that doesn't mean Samsung is not durable o, I'm team Samsung everytime anywhere

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by C2Ok: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
This explanation get as e be o😂🫴
Na why e no good to buy second hand phones, especially Samsung!!!
Cus according to your write up, the phone doesn’t immediately develop those faults, it takes a long period of time for the faults from a previous accident to manifest, that’s pretty scary since you wouldn’t immediately know a faulty phone to avoid buying 👀

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by KingMack(m): 8:49am On Aug 04, 2023
get it to a good repairer with Samsung experience.. would help you in removing it.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by falcon01: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2023
C2Ok:

This explanation get as e be o😂🫴
Na why e no good to buy second hand phones, especially Samsung!!!
Cus according to your write up, the phone doesn’t immediately develop those faults, it takes a long period of time for the faults from a previous accident to manifest, that’s pretty scary since you wouldn’t immediately know a faulty phone to avoid buying 👀
it depends on how fatal the fall is and yes buying second hand phone is risky already!

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by nafisu: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2023
The green line issue is common on the s20 series but not limited to it, due to a particular update, I think after the android 12 update you get a security patch update, that particular security patch update usually causes that green line, you can bypass this by updating through Odin but avoid those security patches or simply don't update.
For the green line, the best you can do is manage it but a permanent solution is to change the screen. Hopefully someone finds this useful.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by 1Alex: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:

@bold, not always true. Back in the days of Symbian OS, there was a time I update one Nokia express music and the screen damaged immediately after the update. I was just looking at the screen and it went blind. I had to replace the screen to get the phone working again.

OS update can cause such issue

Read this thread below

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-can-a-software-update-damage-the-display-of-phone.3619715/

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Bukola94: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2023
DONFRANSKID:
All OLED screens have the same issues be it Samsung or iPhone.
have only seen this green line on TV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by seanwilliam(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
mighty healer grin

17 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by MrBroke(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2023
Oga na fake phone b that or na developer settings b that. Since I dey use Samsung I never experience am so na you know wetin you dey yarn

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by DONFRANSKID(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Bukola94:
have only seen this green line on TV
They more common on smart phones with Oled screen.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by udemzyudex(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
nafisu:
The green line issue is common on the s20 series but not limited to it, due to a particular update, I think after the android 12 update you get a security patch update, that particular security patch update usually causes that green line, you can bypass this by updating through Odin but avoid those security patches or simply don't update.
For the green line, the best you can do is manage it but a permanent solution is to change the screen. Hopefully someone finds this useful.

More like they're deliberately damaging the phone for users to get a new screen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by saratackit: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
That's the JUJU we are talking about... You will sha see something on the screen unique to ur phone like something meant to spy on you.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by youngreva(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

Well. I still can’t see any green line on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+ even after 2 years of use.

Mind you this phone has fallen several times multiple times lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Ayeesha454(f): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
I have had alot of issues with Samsung that's why I switched to TECNO,since I started using my Phantom X2 I have been enjoying it

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by youngreva(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ayeesha454:
I have had alot of issues with Samsung that's why I switched to TECNO,since I started using my Phantom X2 I have been enjoying it
what Samsung did you use/buy?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Wawelexy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Samsung have the best screen ever, maybe you unknowingly dropped your phone

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by YorubaPrince: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
You go buy Aba made Samsung phones... Na why be dat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by wunmi590(m): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2023

OP, not all samsung phones, how many of it have you used?

A line can not just developed on a screen without you doing something bad to it, either it fell down from your hand or you sit on it....

Samsung is even better, some other phone screen will just go blind without even notifying you...

Samsung is is not for the faint hearted.....

Team Samsung for life

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Coz they are shittty phones, the reason apple was reluctant to adopt the amoled screen coz they were prone to fail before 2years.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by raskymonojendor: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Likely in screen replaced on refurbished phones.

I have gone through several original Samsung phones and none has that green line.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone / Ebube Essien-garricks MTN Aeroplane Winner (Picture) / Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.