Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? (35332 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Pictures Look Blury / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by paix(m): 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
youngreva:

Well. I still can’t see any green line on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+ even after 2 years of use.

Mind you this phone has fallen several times multiple times lol
Same here. I think this issue is not common with Samsung Galaxy notes.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by linearity: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:
And you'd be surprised that Samsung makes some real quality spare parts for Apple...including iPhone OLED screens! So the comparison with Apple phone is actually wrong. Samsung is better.

See here to correct it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-fix-green-line-issue-on-phone-screen-3342058/%23:~:text%3DRestart%2520your%2520phone%2520to%2520rule,trip%2520to%2520the%2520service%2520center.&ved=2ahUKEwia6ovL9cGAAxVKQkEAHTZ3CjQQFnoECBoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2q8oh-aPqRu6VhQnl1hJ3W

The fact that Samsung makes quality screens for Apple for a fee does not mean that, they use those same quality high end screens on their phones.

A shoemaker does not necessarily wear the most expensive shoe they make, in many cases it is too expensive for them and they cannot afford it.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
linearity:

The fact that Samsung makes quality screens for Apple for a fee does not mean that, they use those same quality high end screens on their phones.

A shoemaker does not necessarily wear the most expensive shoe they make, in many cases it is too expensive for them and they cannot afford it.

Big shoe makers wear the best quality.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Akalia(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Proudly samsung fan. Rocking my galaxy A04.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Dennisochampa: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lies everywhere

I've used Samsung s8 plus active since 2017 till date... Nothing like green line.

I'm used Samsung m32 for a year plus... No green line...

Now I'm using both Samsung M33 5g and Samsung s20 ultra 5g..... 12gb/256gb and non of them are showing any line at all

Baba don fall beer bottle for the screen come here dey lie up and down to gain attention
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by linearity: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:

Big shoe makers wear the best quality.

The quality of iPhone screens are far better than those of Samsung, they must not be using the best quality.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
linearity:

The quality of iPhone screens are far better than those of Samsung, they must not be using the best quality.

It depends on the model you talk about. Samsung is better too. I don't use a Samsung anyways.

This line thing affects iPhones too.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by nymphomaniac(m): 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.
never knew Samsung phones have healing factor like the Wolverine. Lmao
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by dontbothermuch: 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
I no understand, I used Samsung s5 galaxy years back. I no see such lines oo
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by ElSudani: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Astra101:
Some people hate taking responsibility for their errors. It's not possible Samsung screen drew a line on your phone without any error on your part.

Secondly, calling Samsung thrash is laughable. iPhone dey learn when it comes to quality phone screen.

You are right, Samsung phones are very good.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by vicfajeze: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
KingMack:
get it to a good repairer with Samsung experience.. would help you in removing it.
remove what?na lie o.na so the lie go dey dia
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by greatness77: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:
And you'd be surprised that Samsung makes some real quality spare parts for Apple...including iPhone OLED screens! So the comparison with Apple phone is actually wrong. Samsung is better.

See here to correct it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-fix-green-line-issue-on-phone-screen-3342058/%23:~:text%3DRestart%2520your%2520phone%2520to%2520rule,trip%2520to%2520the%2520service%2520center.&ved=2ahUKEwia6ovL9cGAAxVKQkEAHTZ3CjQQFnoECBoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2q8oh-aPqRu6VhQnl1hJ3W
na screen problem bro
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by greatness77: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anythin4g about the issue or try to fix it.

na screen problem
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by greatness77: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
udemzyudex:
All the S22/S23 I have been seeing lately have multiple green lines.

I have a friend whose s23 have more than 2 green lines and it's not as if it fell down.
it's a screen problem
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Snapdrag0n: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
You don't compare the best smart phone in the world for 12yrs straight with apple phones (second best). Their tech is breathtaking
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by whizzyleejr(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:

Bro, tech companies don’t produce their stuffs all alone, they use parts from different tech companies, the only thing iPhone buy from samsung is camera, meanwhile Galaxy S23 Ultra are backed by the Sony IMX754 image sensor.23, talk ‘bout this
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Dimehook: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:

That's what people don't know, apple doesn't make anything, just the software, they outsource every part of their hardware
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Tiney: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Astra101:
Some people hate taking responsibility for their errors. It's not possible Samsung screen drew a line on your phone without any error on your part.

Secondly, calling Samsung thrash is laughable. iPhone dey learn when it comes to quality phone screen.
it's very possible mostly with the s20 plus. It's a software issue mostly after an update.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by drey0001(m): 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Dimehook:

That's what people don't know, apple doesn't make anything, just the software, they outsource every part of their hardware
Samsung too outsource their hardware to companies too for your information the screen of both Samsung and iPhone are made by Corning technologies and not Samsung u can read further about this the screens are graded based on gorilla corning 1- to the latest Corning
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by drey0001(m): 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
[b][/b]
chatinent:

The two companies screen are made by corning technologies not Samsung
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Sammy101111(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Buying uk used Samsung is risky
But buying iPhones Uk used as no risky

Why because Samsung as a lot of hiden problem and after any repair of a Samsung it going to be very obvious to the user the screen will never be like the follow come screen

You can repair iPhone 100 million times he go still work
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Fearyourcreator: 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.
This happened to my madam s10plus... More than Half screen blacked out after 10months of cracked from heavy drop... After two to three days it came back now almost three months working fine
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Fearyourcreator: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
udemzyudex:
All the S22/S23 I have been seeing lately have multiple green lines.

I have a friend whose s23 have more than 2 green lines and it's not as if it fell down.
You dey with am every minutes...
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by hollandia09: 1:12am On Aug 05, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

This is most likely a software issue. It can happen to any device frankly, I bought a Macbook a few month ago that developed a thin line across the display. It was replaced quickly by the Apple shop.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Bashirkareem31: 1:17am On Aug 05, 2023
I've used and still using four(4) different samsung phones and I am yet to experience something as such.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 2:09am On Aug 05, 2023
whizzyleejr:

Bro, tech companies don’t produce their stuffs all alone, they use parts from different tech companies, the only thing iPhone buy from samsung is camera, meanwhile Galaxy S23 Ultra are backed by the Sony IMX754 image sensor.23, talk ‘bout this

Apple buys many things from Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by BraniacX(m): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Abudu2000:
Coz they are shittty phones, the reason apple was reluctant to adopt the amoled screen coz they were prone to fail before 2years.
funny 😏
Samsung makes apple's screens

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by pargelenis(m): 4:57am On Aug 05, 2023
chatinent:
Actually, Samsung is a better company.
I think both Samsung and Apple make good phones.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2023
BraniacX:
funny 😏
Samsung makes apple's screens
only the amoled and the contract ended a long time ago
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2023
The fool opinion doesnt matter,samsung will always be bae
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by falcon01: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

This happened to my madam s10plus... More than Half screen blacked out after 10months of cracked from heavy drop... After two to three days it came back now almost three months working fine
Thank You! People think its a joke but samsung screen comes back to life.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by KingMack(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Abudu2000:
and you will spend money still grin

Sure..it doesn't come free😊

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unboxing The Infinix Zero 4 X555 In Pictures / Which Good Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of 25-30 Thousand Naira? / 4 Nokia World Records That Will SHOCK You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.