Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? (35388 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Pictures Look Blury / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by adecz: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Enjoy your money and green lines❗️❗️😁😁😁
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
Sprints3:
AMOLED is a very useless tech. No wonder tecno still produces LCD screen phone me still rocking my Samsung A14 LCD screen phone I stay clear of AMOLED despite efficient in Saving battery and good for gaming I will never use it. My father uses Oppo amoled the screen don dey change color. And the phone never drop b4. Na rubbish
i agree. My pal got a née Samsung and lines showed up in less than a month till it went blind. If your phone holds major data and you intend using it for long then Samsungs amoled are not for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Sprints3: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abudu2000:
i agree. My pal got a née Samsung and lines showed up in less than a month till it went blind. If your phone holds major data and you intend using it for long then Samsungs amoled are not for you.
legit, its okay but for rich guys who changes phone every 6months to a year they can use it. But if u intend using phone for long stay clear of Amoled devices. Amoled has it advantages better emission for the eye than LCD. Very efficient for gaming NAD offers better range of PPI density and frequency rate.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Abudu2000(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Sprints3:
legit, its okay but for rich guys who changes phone every 6months to a year they can use it. But if u intend using phone for long stay clear of Amoled devices.
my second iPhone XR with lcd is 3years now and still running. I don’t know what to say but Samsung users are like honda car users, they never agree to statistics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Angrygoat: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
He didn't but it new. Refurbished phones from UK na actually naija used. With a new body,casing and screen but sa.e memory. Even aliexpress sells refurbished phones

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by MadamExcellency: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
chatinent:
And you'd be surprised that Samsung makes some real quality spare parts for Apple...including iPhone OLED screens! So the comparison with Apple phone is actually wrong. Samsung is better.

See here to correct it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-fix-green-line-issue-on-phone-screen-3342058/%23:~:text%3DRestart%2520your%2520phone%2520to%2520rule,trip%2520to%2520the%2520service%2520center.&ved=2ahUKEwia6ovL9cGAAxVKQkEAHTZ3CjQQFnoECBoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2q8oh-aPqRu6VhQnl1hJ3W

Who is feeding you this misconception?

Please, it doesn't work that way. That you produce for me doesn't make you the owner of the technology. You are bound from replicating it for your product or any other.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by helicoptarr: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Good quality but delicate screen - trade off.

Use a screen guard.

Don't let your phone fall.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by OladapoF(m): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
The most durable devices are TECNO devices. My TECNO device has fallen multiple times and nothing has ever happened to the screen
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by DrDunamis(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

Mine doesn't have any green line
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Olaxbolax100: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
MrBroke:
Oga na fake phone b that or na developer settings b that. Since I dey use Samsung I never experience am so na you know wetin you dey yarn
It is not fake... My Note 20 ultra came up with the same issue... I had to go and buy S23 ultra... Go on Samsung thread and you will see that it is a common issue
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by OlujobaSamuel: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
C2Ok:

This explanation get as e be o😂🫴
Na why e no good to buy second hand phones, especially Samsung!!!
Cus according to your write up, the phone doesn’t immediately develop those faults, it takes a long period of time for the faults from a previous accident to manifest, that’s pretty scary since you wouldn’t immediately know a faulty phone to avoid buying 👀
My phone had a broken screen 3months ago, there is no ink dent on it, 2wks ago, I answered a call in the rain, and ink started spreading, used it for 2days, woke up in the morning and saw a black screen.
NB: I've always had water spilling on it with no impact despite the broken screen.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Aguogba(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders
Have seen a whole lot of Samsung Users about how their smartphone suddenly has a green line running through the display.

Most smartphones function normal with the line but it is always obvious that something is wrong with that part of the screen. There are also reports that the line appears all of a sudden without the phone dropping or after receiving an update.

Two of my friends have the same issue and several other people. Why is the brand not saying anything about the issue or try to fix it.

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Aguogba(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

If it is a Samsung phone made for Africa, I don't doubt if the screen, battery or any other hardware malfunctions. Manufacturers focus on affordability, higher sells volume and profit when it comes to the African market.

On the contrary, every manufacturer doubles their efforts in quality just to be ALLOWED to sell in the EU. Secondly, consumer protection is second to non in the EU. You can return a phone like the one in question to be fixed or entirely replaced if it was bought in the EU even AFTER 2 Years of use.

However, you also have to pay for this superb quality and warranty. Every phone costs ALMOST DOUBLE in the EU and people are willing to pay for it.
Xiaomi Redmi 12c is 150€ or 1500 SEK, who will buy it at that amount in Naija?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Tookool(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
IPhone is not any better, my iPhone 13 pro is having a white screen immediately after a software update. It's The second time it has happened, the first time I fixed the phone on warranty, now I just bought a screen at 275,000 naira. I was thinking if switching to a Samsung fold until I saw this thread now. 😏
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by themanderon: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
All these latest technology devices usually have their issues. My Lenovo smartphone with its LCD screen is still working fine despite taking several severe falls yet I have not changed the screen since 2014 that I have been using the phone. My Samsung with it's OLED screen only dropped once and boom the screen was fine initially then the next day I noticed a dark patch on the screen that eventually covered the entire screen rendering the phone useless because the cost of changing the screen is almost the same as buying a new phone.
Samsung phones are beautiful masterpieces that lack durability and they are madly expensive.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by goldmatrix(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Na thunder arrester no remove am o..
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
youngreva:

Well. I still can’t see any green line on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+ even after 2 years of use.

Mind you this phone has fallen several times multiple times lol

I am dealing with severe cracks with my s9+. Not as if it fell or I slept or sat on it but cracks everywhere. The back glass is completely cracked while I'm seeing cracks on the phone screen, I don't know if its the inner screen or just the glass they use in guiding the inner screen, I can't even explain it. Bought it London used, I don't know if Na refurbished them dash me but the guy collected 124k from me oo....
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by youngreva(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
morikee:

Same with my Note 10+ bought it brand new 2 days after release and it falls several times
Brand new is the best Fr 👌
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by Ijaya123: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Why do you think iPhone has been outselling these so-called flagship Samsung products over the years?

Rayban25:

You're a liar. I've used a galaxy j5 prime for up to 3 years before and the phone is still kicking even with random falls. And it has no green line Stop saying what you dont know and enjoy your iphone

Samsung phones last if you know how to manage it well

Can you explain to us how to manage a Samsung phone well?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by MartinsD12(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

Well these things I have seen it always with Samsung phones, I have used tecno for like 9 year's now , none of the Tecno phones I used experience this problem, I have a brother who uses Samsung j5 or something like that the screen is AMOLED display he didn't experience that , please tech engineers in the house should help us answer why some Samsung screen draw lines like that please because I plan to experience Samsung Galaxy soon I won't like to have that ugly experience something I never had with Tecno mobile phones
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

If that person only did a few research he or she would have know that s20 screen after a few years automatically has that line appearing. When I wanted to buy I saw a lot of comments on gsmarena and I advised myself properly.

This things happen but I guess users have not complained on a global scale so Samsung keeps mute, in many developed countries you can easily trade your device for the newest model as they’re usually bought under contract.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
MartinsD12:

Well these things I have seen it always with Samsung phones, I have used tecno for like 9 year's now , none of the Tecno phones I used experience this problem, I have a brother who uses Samsung j5 or something like that the screen is AMOLED display he didn't experience that , please tech engineers in the house should help us answer why some Samsung screen draw lines like that please because I plan to experience Samsung Galaxy soon I won't like to have that ugly experience something I never had with Tecno mobile phones

Whichever model you settle for read reviews on gsmarena especially when used.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by chatinent: 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Who is feeding you this misconception?

Please, it doesn't work that way. That you produce for me doesn't make you the owner of the technology. You are bound from replicating it for your product or any other.

What misconception?
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by porthouse7(f): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

go get urself a pixel 7 or 7pro and enjoy real Android experience
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by porthouse7(f): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
falcon01:
First of all, Samsung Make IPhone screens. Secondly there's no way that Green line appeared unexpectedly the phone was dropped some while ago but because of how durable it is, it took long before showing. My s21 once feel on tiles and I stepped on it and nothing happened, only scratches on the screen 7 months later I unexpectedly saw some lines on the screen and why I knew it was that 7 months old fall that caused it is because the site of the scratches matches the unexpectedly lines. And lastly Samsung screens heal themselves, when your screen gets spoilt as long as it's not completely black just keep it for some time, when you pick it up it will be working normal again.
go computer village and see, most Samsung phones normally have that green like fault
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by ChronicGp(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
The screen has been tampered or fake.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by tafat: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Una suppose don know by now sey Samsung and screen issues na 5&6 na grin. Better make pesin dey use and enjoy him TECNO phones in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by DONFRANSKID(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
caracas:

With their dull dark screens abeg park one side
You need to be educated
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by caracas: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
DONFRANSKID:

You need to be educated
Educated on what?Are you ok?
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by HeroicMeastro: 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mthumbie:
Hello Nairalanders

Did u bought the phone brand new?
If no, Probably the original screen was replaced before it was sold to you. Most likely, the replaced screen isn't genuine.
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by MrBroke(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
Olaxbolax100:

It is not fake... My Note 20 ultra came up with the same issue... I had to go and buy S23 ultra... Go on Samsung thread and you will see that it is a common issue

Wow. My luck I guess cause never had any on my previous galaxy's devices. I think maybe the phone was refurbished or it is fake(replica) because China are well known for doing this
Re: Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? by HajiaNotu: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
I have been using Samsung for some time now..I bought their tab( perfect) phone 2013( very rugged)
I had a bad experience when I bought 3 different phones from Slot...
The phone screen will just go blank....
The second ones battery stated misbehaving,from battery to another issue...

Since then, I don't buy anything from Slot.I only buy my (Samsung phones) from Samsung office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Scatter Dem! Glo2go @ 1k/sec- Flexi Dynamic Tariff / Transfer Airtime From One Network To Another / See My Museum Of Phones (photos Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.