Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' (25423 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / God Loves Muslims More Than Christians - Reno Omokri (Video) / Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by jeff1607(m): 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
mbaise1000:

Is it now about who published the bible? My point is that the bible was written by the inspiration of the holy spirit and without the holy spirit one cannot understand it, as regards to who published the bible, have you at anytime seen God physically? God has been doing things for you right? Who does He use to do those, God can use anymore he likes to do His THINGS, and then, what other books written by the prophets are you talking about?

I agree with all you wrote there but my issue is that why is that other prophets who were inspired by the holy spirit not published or added

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by mbaise1000: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeff1607:

I agree with all you wrote there but my issue is that why is that other prophets who were inspired by the holy spirit not published or added
You haven't told me which prophets and if we accept that it's God that is behind the bible, then, we have to also accept that God doesn't make mistakes and has given us all that we need
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

How you deny and twist the Bible to suit your own narratives is concerning.
Kobo could be confused most times. He knows nothing about God (The Holy Spirit). He has a philosophical interpretation to the Bible which he's not too well versed. What he lacks in knowledge he makes up with baseless argument. You may get distracted if you are not a true child of God. He can be impulsive too.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Lovelyn451:
u can read and understand a book better than the owner. Owning a book doesn't mean you've read it, I'm not even sure this pope reads the bible, a bible reading Christian has a stand on every matter and doesn't sit on the fence

@bold:

All there is to say on the matter.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by QueenEsther1: 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
talented321:
Traditional worship is the black man belief'' while christianity is a white man belief'' there is nothing new here, u are the one just forcing urself with other people's belief. Anytime a christian tell me about hell fire'' i just shake my head and pity him/her

What is worship?
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by DodadaKoKigbe: 12:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Anything that is contrary to the bible i don't subscribe to it.

You mean the 'magical' book given to you by your enslavers and colonialists.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Tzar(m): 6:34am On Aug 06, 2023
WTF are you even saying?! So you are disputing words that are directly quoted from the Bible? Abeg I am not arguing with you again, continue being homosexual, but I assure you, no homosexual will enter heaven as written in the old and new testament. No matter how you people try, God will NOT change for you. He remains unchanged from eternity to eternity.
1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [by perversion], nor those who participate in homosexuality,

Kobojunkie:
1. So, because Jesus Christ did not mention it, you feel it is your place to do so using His name, basically putting your own words in His mouth even though God made clear that it is a sin to add, change or remove from His Law to men? Do you know what Evil really is? It is rejection or disobedience of God's direct commandments and teachings. You add your own doctrines and traditions to God's mouth — even create for yourself your own Jesus —, and then you tell yourself that you are good and others who don't do as you say are evil... that is what God says evil is. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by GreatAchiever1: 7:33am On Aug 06, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
Kobo could be confused most times. He knows nothing about God (The Holy Spirit). He has a philosophical interpretation to the Bible which he's not too well versed. What he lacks in knowledge he makes up with baseless argument. You may get distracted if you are not a true child of God. He can be impulsive too.

Once I notice someone is denying scriptures, I lose interest in knowing what that person is saying even if they quote scriptures, I won't take them serious.

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

Once I notice someone is denying scriptures, I lose interest in knowing what that person is saying even if they quote scriptures, I won't take them serious.
Good for you bro. God bless you and your family in Jesus name. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2023
Tzar:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [by perversion], nor those who participate in homosexuality,

This one (the infamous kobojunkie)...he probably researching on putting up a better argument. Word is born though.

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by GreatAchiever1: 8:10am On Aug 06, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
Good for you bro. God bless you and your family in Jesus name. smiley
And you to brother. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Tzar(m): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2023
This was Jesus’ exact words
Matthew 5 17-20

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Kobojunkie:
All of the Prophets included Jesus Christ told you this — Matthew 24 & Mark 13 & Luke 21. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not teach the Mosaic Law. Rather, He reminded the people of what it said as He taught them the New Law and agreement that He was sent to teach to them instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Eneye4me: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Gay religion
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Lovelyn451(f): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
jeff1607:

The Vatican has access to books even pastors have no idea of, why didn't they add other books of the prophets
it's not abt having access to books, do u read them, does this pope look like who reads? They even tell him what to say in public, all he knows is practice Catholic traditions,the popes that gathered the bible, removing and adding what they agree and don't agree to are all dead, the recent popes are just maintaining their works....shikenan
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by AllLovingGod: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
I don't think you have clear idea/ full knowledge of what God/Christ love is.

Truth is, I agree with the pope, Christ loves us in order to change us into a better/ perfect beng like Himself. Christ corrects most times by loving more/ showing more love to the sinners in order to win them over. That's why you often saw Him dinning and wining with the sinners.
Righteousness2:
Revelation 3:15-16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

No matter the title, position or Whatever claims to be, beware of anyone who tries to meddle with sin or who tries to be neither here nor there in matter that pertains to your place in Eternity.
Such a person is packafaging you to Hell.

Listen! GOD ALMIGHTY is Loving, Merciful, kind, awesome and good. But this Great Being of Heaven is Holy. His eyes are too pure to pamper or behold iniquity.

Infact, God is angry with the wicked everyday.
Don't let anyone pamper you in your evil, wickedness or iniquity. That evil will destroy you in Hell.

If you are engaged in such wickedness, run to JESUS Christ. Repent from such wi ked anomination and Call JESUS Christ to save and deliver you.

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Originalsly: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
God is using the Pope to fulfill prophecy.... allow the Pope to use his influence to codone men sleeping with men and lusting after each other.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
Tzar:
This was Jesus’ exact words
Matthew 5 17-20
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
I can't read your mind so I don't know what fantastical interpretation you have equally applied to the above passage is order that the message pass you by. You would need to tell me what it is you are thinking for me to know it. undecided

Again. Jesus Christ did not come to condemn but to save. So going around condemning those who pursue alternative lifestyles using His name is sin against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Tochj(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Redbarry:

But Jesus didn't die so that sinners will continue sinning, he urged them to turn away from their sins and come to God for salvation.
The Pope never ask them to continue in sin
He only inform them that Jesus loves them.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by shoaibkhatri123: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
Many sites online claim to be the best sellers of counterfeit bank notes online. However we have some of the reason why we are the best place to buy counterfeit money online. Buy counterfeit Dollar
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
I think you are one of them, you will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah.
patrickcollins:
Then ask your God to kill them all
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
I think you are one of them, you will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah.
Well worry and work out your own salvation, don't focus on those God will destroy
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Tzar(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
FYI, Jesus ONLY came to save those in sin willing to REPENT not those who want to continue living in sin! You want to claim Jesus’ salvation while living an homosexual life? Those are the condemned ones. The once Jesus came for are those willing to give up their homosexual ways.
God destroyed a whole city, SODOM & GOMORAH because of their homosexual lifestyle amongst many other sins.
Kobojunkie:
I can't read your mind so I don't know what fantastical interpretation you have equally applied to the above passage is order that the message pass you by. You would need to tell me what it is you are thinking for me to know it. undecided

Again. Jesus Christ did not come to condemn but to save. So going around condemning those who pursue alternative lifestyles using His name is sin against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Lovelyn451(f): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
bukatyne:

@bold:

All there is to say on the matter.
what else do u want to hear? Aproko
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tzar:
■ FYI, Jesus ONLY came to save those in sin willing to REPENT not those who want to continue living in sin! You want to claim Jesus’ salvation while living an homosexual life? Those are the condemned ones. The once Jesus came for are those willing to give up their homosexual ways.
■ God destroyed a whole city, SODOM & GOMORAH because of their homosexual lifestyle amongst many other sins.
1. Interesting twist there. So what you are telling me is that when you churchians attack homosexuality, your attacks are only against homosexuals who claim to be of Jesus Christ? And I must say I find it funny how the same lot of you refuse to attack, with the same fervor, your lying, thieving pastors who lie to you using the name of God?.

2. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because He did not find one good person there as He explained in Genesis 18. The same reason is why God also destroyed the world during the time of Noah, and other nations after that. Homosexuality was not the sole sin committed by the people of that city and nation.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lovelyn451:
u can read and understand a book better than the owner. Owning a book doesn't mean you've read it, I'm not even sure this pope reads the bible, a bible reading Christian has a stand on every matter and doesn't sit on the fence
That is not true. What was Jesus Christ's stand on the pagan issue of idol worship? Even though He lived during a time when His people were under Roman occupation and heard news of the Roman worship of idols, not once did Jesus Christ comment on the idolatrous practices of the Roman overlords. You know why? Because Jesus Christ was not sent to solve the problems of the earth as you churchians always like to pretend you were sent to. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Lovelyn451(f): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is not true. What was Jesus Christ's stand on the pagan issue of idol worship? Even though He lived during a time when His people were under Roman occupation and heard news of the Roman worship of idols, not once did Jesus Christ comment on the idolatrous practices of the Roman overlords. You know why? Because Jesus Christ was not sent to solve the problems of the earth as you churchians always like to pretend you were sent to. undecided
....go to any church altar, stand there and ask Jesus all these question, u hear?
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lovelyn451:
....go to any church altar, stand there and ask Jesus all these question, u hear?
Jesus Christ isn't in any of your churches let alone your altars. Altars are particularly pagan since Jesus Christ never asked anyone to construct altars using His name. undecided

By the way, you only need to open your eyes to His Gospel to realize that Jesus Christ made clear that He did not come to judge the affairs of the people of earth. Rather, His return is only to judge those who are of His Kingdom of God, something you churchians do not care at all for since you believe you are to assert yourselves rather on this earth. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Lovelyn451(f): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ isn't in any of your churches let alone your altars. Altars are particularly pagan since Jesus Christ never asked anyone to construct altars using His name. undecided

By the way, you only need to open your eyes to His Gospel to realize that Jesus Christ made clear that He did not come to judge the affairs of the people of earth. Rather, His return is only to judge those who are of His Kingdom of God, something you churchians do not care at all for since you believe you are to assert yourselves rather on this earth. undecided
are u done?
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Tzar(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
1. No, you cannot be homosexual and 'be of Jesus'. If you were homosexual before you met Jesus, then His salvation and message is for you. If you continue to be homosexual after meeting Jesus then the wrath of God awaits such people. Nobody condones these god of men who call themselves clergies. They are cut from the same clothe as the pharisees and saducees that the Messiah spoke about.
2. You really need to read your Bible Ref Genesis 19 below. The male angels were to be gang raped by the males of the city in verse 4-5. Then the angels struck them with blindness. It was thereafter that they told Lot to leave as they will destroy the city in vs 10-11.That is the sequence of events. Even though God planned to destroy the city, Abraham was able to plead for them. If they had been repentant and the MEN did not try to RAPE the MALE ANGELS, they could have been saved. But, just like the so called 'homosexual christian', they refused to repent of their ways that was offensive to God.
Genesis Ch19 vs1-26
1The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry[a] his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords,[b] please! 19 Your[c] servant has found favor in your[d] eyes, and you[e] have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 He said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.[f])

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting twist there. So what you are telling me is that when you churchians attack homosexuality, your attacks are only against homosexuals who claim to be of Jesus Christ? And I must say I find it funny how the same lot of you refuse to attack, with the same fervor, your lying, thieving pastors who lie to you using the name of God?.

2. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because He did not find one good person there as He explained in Genesis 18. The same reason is why God also destroyed the world during the time of Noah, and other nations after that. Homosexuality was not the sole sin committed by the people of that city and nation.. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by erniok(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
festacman:

I am sure if you were following Jesus when he walked the earth, you would have been among those Pharisees who cringed at
- Jesus intervening to save the adulteress that was about to be executed
- Jesus interaction with a woman with loose virtues alone who came draw water from well before his apostles arrived
- Jesus visit to Zacchaeus and other tax collectors
- Jesus allowing a woman to anoint his feet with expensive nard

The Pope is saying that no matter how you feel about yourself, come to Jesus for resolution and most importantly to hear his word for a 'visa' to the heavenly kingdom where he will rule forever. He is saying that nobody should adjudge themselves as unworthy but should just come with their mental, physiological, physical, social and even financial burdens in addition to a sincere heart and allow God to be God.

Wish I could like your posts more. Sometimes, bro righteousness goes to the extreme.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by shoaibkhatri123: 6:09am On Aug 09, 2023
Online shopping is becoming the new trend in the country. From medicines to groceries, people prefer to buy everything online. https://www.avon.com/category/men?rep=nelsoncruz
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by shoaibkhatri123: 8:36am On Aug 10, 2023
Chatroulette somehow takes care of your privacy. Platform informs you whenever they try to use your data. They ask for permission to use the microphone and camera.chatroulette

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

TB Joshua: Youtube Deletes Emmanuel TV Channel / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / The Islamisation Of Nigeria. The Nigerian Constitution Recognises Only Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.