Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out (32687 Views)

Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by cursedAbiola(f): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nigeria had a simple choice to make last election but they repeated the wrong choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by WeirdAlien: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
We import maize to feed livestock. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Ipob Yoruba Ronu poultry farmers branch are the ones crying on this thread by the Op

Of course. You think Emefiele's detention by a Yoruba man, Tinubu is unjustified?
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Osariemen12: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Dem just go de open mouth waaa and be talking like Ebola their mentor

You know them well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Angelfrost(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Some people were rejoicing when Emefiele was dishing out his disastrous policies thinking it is in their favour. Thank God for Tinubu. May Almighty God continue to increase him in wisdom.
That Emefiele is a criminal.

Am happy that those who do not have the sympathy for Nigerians lost at the Presidential election. Only Tinubu the man with empathy won.

Don't you worry... Soon, y'all will run out of people and things to blame.

You think you can give excuses for 4 years?!!

Nigerians had enough of that for 8 years from Buhari... No one is interested in excuses any more! No one.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
obinna58:
I think say na only me the thing catch full time, when I went to the market and they told me 100kg corn is 36k I was mad, funny part the price of chicken reduced
Yes, doc price fell last wk, now going up again.
I might just have to maintain my current stock for festive sales.
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by BABAawoo47: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm. I no go talk wetin dey mind!

Na una sell Chicken last Xmas 15k, took advantage of the country, 1 crate of egg N3,500, una go still sell chicks ooo. Over gain dey worry una

Great response bro. Substantial farming is way out to reduce cost. Our people too like extortion, even local chicken wey no dey chow FEED cost past one wey dey take FEEDS, we ourselves enemies, joined with Government,
Many want the FREE CASH, those asking for 200k minimum wages, the INFLATION wey go kill people ehn, e dey do press up.
Na everyone be salary earner ? Ba from market dem go wait that ur new MINIMUM WAGES.
if you know the kin loss people incur from poultry. That business no be for faint hearted. Too many factors have to go right for you to profit. If not na confirm loss. That's why we dey import frozen chicken now

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
WeirdAlien:
We import maize to feed livestock. SMH.
Yes, we do.
Only few farms have the capacity for round the year farming. Livestock are fed dry grains, so we have the Commodity Bank that you can buy from at off season at subsidized rate to cushion the effect of scarcity.
There is nothing to shake head for over such, except you want to send small holder farmers packing
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Flame333: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
God help us in this country

APC will continue their destructive rule until Nigeria rise against them...

Despite all the money Trump has and his age, he bowed before the people of America to debate and tell them his plan for the country.. How much does Tinubu have, billionaire in dead naira claiming the media wants to use him for business..
What we are experiencing today is shame such that, despite our population, we don't have the driving sill to steer our nation on the part of progress despite our blessing..

What is the vision of Tinubu and where does he project Nigeria to be in next couple of years in the league of nation..

Coach Buhari removed us from middle table to relegation zone and now, Tinubu wants to ends it all..

People who gather to vote Tinubu reject a sitting governor only for the governor to be employed to rule over them by the president.. You can't try that in the civilized world...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Asswipemod: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
gammarays:
Are you sure I read this correctly?

South West zone lamenting when we're still in Genesis 🙄🙄

How come the South West are feeling the negative impact of this Balablue regime more than other regions?

Mandate and favor my family people are reaping the fruits of their wickedness in full.

You are unintelligent as usual, for making that comment. You ingrates. Is this how you will reward Yoruba people that voted massively for Obi? Àbí is it only Yoruba votes that count in the whole of the country? You people are sick.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
Shégé doin round tripping!

if dat illegality is not booted out by d tribunal,
dis yr Xmas chicken must reach #50k!

cool

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by samwillyco1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Everybody is chocked especially the poor once

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by obinna58(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, doc price fell last wk, now going up again.
I might just have to maintain my current stock for festive sales.
If you’re doing small scale you can hold up, doc price has been low since 2months, if it goes up at this current situation of things, kassala go burst

Here almost 3kg birds are sold for 3k, this is so messed up
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
I had to shut down my piggery farms because of difficulty in sustaining and running the farm
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by grandstar(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Frankly speaking, I feel the government should simply lift the ban on the importation of frozen raw chicken. A ton can go as low as 400/kg of bought in tons from France. If a 20% import duty is placed on it, I am sure by the time it meets the consumers, the price will be no more tha N1,500/kg compared to the 2,400/kg presently.

That is one palliative measure Nigerians would definitely welcome

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by iyke2frankeze: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
They must be IPOB South West Branch. We showing the Obi supporters shege.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
obinna58:

If you’re doing small scale you can hold up, doc price has been since 2months, if it goes up at this current situation of things, kassala go burst

Here almost 3kg birds are sold for 3k, this is so messed up
Yes, you are right, bought birds twice within the past 2months.
I'm on small scale ooo. 300.
I dey wonder how those wey get thousands dey cope.
Which state is that 3kg for 3k, that's too ridiculous.
I sold 1.2kg avrg for 2300. I'm in Lagos
Someone even pleaded for 2200, I no sell give her.
Cost of feed no dey friendly.
Although, I do process the chicken to sell as frozen too.
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
grandstar:
Frankly speaking, I feel the government should simply lift the ban on the importation of frozen raw chicken. A ton can go as low as 400/kg of bought in tons from France. If a 20% import duty is placed on it, I am sure by the time it meets the consumers, the price will be no more tha N1,500/kg compared to the 2,400/kg presently.

That is one palliative measure Nigerians would definitely welcome
How much in euro is a kg of chicken in France?
Btw, I doubt chicken can be at that price if imported, fish is imported and it's not cheaper, it's about 1800/2400. Beef is local but about 3000/kg
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by obinna58(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, you are right, bought birds twice within the past 2months.
I'm on small scale ooo. 300.
I dey wonder how those wey get thousands dey cope
They cope by making fast sales or freeze up some which is biting hard now due to fuel price

300 is not too small scale na, I’ve been doing 250 birds waiting for the right moment to fill up the farm but inflation no gree, if things were biting hard like this when I started I could have folded up long time ago but experience still Dey push me sha
250 5weeks birds is already eating 20-24k feed per day and you said you can wait till festive period, well that could depend on their age sha
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by obinna58(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Which state is that 3kg for 3k, that's too ridiculous.
I sold 1.2kg avrg for 2300. I'm in Lagos
Someone even pleaded for 2200, I no sell give her.
Cost of feed no dey friendly.
Although, I do process the chicken to sell as frozen too.
Enugu
Damn, it’s wey too cheap here presently, I’m even moving tomorrow to continue sales, well I’ll say supply sha

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
obinna58:

They cope by making fast sales or freeze up some which is biting hard now due to fuel price

300 is not too small scale na, I’ve been doing 250 birds waiting for the right moment to fill up the farm but inflation no gree, if things were biting hard like this when I started I could have folded up long time ago but experience still Dey push me sha
250 5weeks birds is already eating 20-24k feed per day and you said you can wait till festive period, well that could depend on their age sha
Not the same age. 100bx(babies) 50bx(6wks) 15bx(old) 40layers 100pullet(15wks) 7cx old 7young cx
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Exceed15: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Had to shut down my poultry farm two months ago, after losing 80percent of my birds to unfavourable policies that totally eroded my purchasing ability for medications and feed.

Make I rest first abeg. Nigeria no go kill me for my young age!

I m so sorry about this . Hope you didn't vote this evil party sha?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
obinna58:

Enugu
Damn, it’s wey too cheap here presently, I’m even moving tomorrow to continue sales, well I’ll say supply sha
God go help you sell am at good rate bro.
It's usually painful and some go dey help us calculate our profit by just looking at us
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by obinna58(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Not the same age. 100bx(babies) 50bx(6wks) 15bx(old) 40layers 100pullet(15wks) 7cx old 7young cx
Oh, cool
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by BoldBrainz(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Exceed15:

I m so sorry about this . Hope you didn't vote this evil party sha?

Never even liked the frog eyed man and most certainly won't. No way in hell would I have voted for him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Ikpunnegi01: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
They told you people that they had saved 1trillion within a month! Where is the money, what had they done with it to help the masses? Nothing.. One don jump inside Water told as he can't take it any longer.. grin
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by willibounce1(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
As you're complaining, some people are still making money in the same poultry business. Na everything una must call govt for.
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by obinna58(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

God go help you sell am at good rate bro.
It's usually painful and some go dey help us calculate our profit by just looking at us
I tire, judging by just physical it looks so interesting but they’ll never understand the pain and effort

The only reason I’m still gaining is simply just experience, nothing else, high reduction cost and risks
Just maybe one day I’ll crash or it goes otherwise

The only thing that pains me is the stupid people sitting at the top and stupid rules
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by OlujobaSamuel: 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
obinna58:

I tire, judging by just physical it looks so interesting but they’ll never understand the pain and effort

The only reason I’m still gaining is simply just experience, nothing else, high reduction cost and risks
Just maybe one day I’ll crash or it goes otherwise
You will scale through bro. Don't give up.
I've had some ups and downs too myself, but picking up bit by bit. We go make am

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by kingyakos: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Had to shut down my poultry farm two months ago, after losing 80percent of my birds to unfavourable policies that totally eroded my purchasing ability for medications and feed.

Make I rest first abeg. Nigeria no go kill me for my young age!

Sorry about that
Soon U will recover your lost in thousands upon thousands
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Don't worry tinubu is a yoruba man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) / See The Agricultural Products China Leads The World In Producing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.