Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out (32721 Views)

Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by grandstar(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

How much in euro is a kg of chicken in France?
Btw, I doubt chicken can be at that price if imported, fish is imported and it's not cheaper, it's about 1800/2400. Beef is local but about 3000/kg

When I was in England in 2020, I saw 6 chicken laps go for £2 in Marks and Spencers.

But that is not the issue. Labor cost is France is far costlier than here. This will add a lot to the final price the customer would pay in France.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Frozen-Chicken-Wings-Chicken-Thighs-and_10000007349573.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Frozen-Whole-Chicken-Gizzards-Thighs-Feet_11000007015571.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.7a806b727TyAua

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by AfonjaPriest: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Naturesjoy:
Please guys, please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num:
G.TBank Oyom Ubi
Beggar Angela Oyom Ubi, you have staged a comeback to your begging ways. Read from below a previous post of yours.
Rosemorn:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angella
Acct num:
G.TBank
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
This person, known as Angela, has all these names for just one account in GTBank:
Ann, Anne, AngelaUbi, Anngela, Angella, Anna, Angela, Angela Ubi, Angelah, etc.
He is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
You should go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Before Jonathan left office uae dirham were 1 aed to 75 naira that was in 2015.. before buhari left it were 1aed to 200 naira.. in just less than 2 months of Ebola Tinubu... aed is now 1aed to 250 naira and as it stands now it will cross 350 naira as predicted...

Ebola Tinubu is here to cripple the economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Had to shut down my poultry farm two months ago, after losing 80percent of my birds to unfavourable policies that totally eroded my purchasing ability for medications and feed.

Make I rest first abeg. Nigeria no go kill me for my young age!
since baba enter. I have shut down my business totally too.
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ednut1(m): 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Yet some clowns will say go and do agric business

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by francotunsco: 12:38am On Aug 09, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Had to shut down my poultry farm two months ago, after losing 80percent of my birds to unfavourable policies that totally eroded my purchasing ability for medications and feed.

So bad!
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Cromagnon: 1:07am On Aug 09, 2023
BoldBrainz:

what are these policies

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Cromagnon: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm. I no go talk wetin dey mind!

Na una sell Chicken last Xmas 15k, took advantage of the country, 1 crate of egg N3,500, una go still sell chicks ooo. Over gain dey worry una

Great response bro. Substantial farming is way out to reduce cost. Our people too like extortion, even local chicken wey no dey chow FEED cost past one wey dey take FEEDS, we ourselves enemies, joined with Government,
Many want the FREE CASH, those asking for 200k minimum wages, the INFLATION wey go kill people ehn, e dey do press up.
Na everyone be salary earner ? Ba from market dem go wait that ur new MINIMUM WAGES.
demand and supply is not extortion

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Jlow2: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Trust govt at ur peril, plan without govt
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by YoshihideSuga: 1:15am On Aug 09, 2023
PepeXKermit:

But you voted for Tinubu. Why are you complaining

Don't be surprised he also voted for Buhari in 2015. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by grandstar(m): 1:38am On Aug 09, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

How much in euro is a kg of chicken in France?
Btw, I doubt chicken can be at that price if imported, fish is imported and it's not cheaper, it's about 1800/2400. Beef is local but about 3000/kg

Poultry abroad is cheap for 2 reasons:

1. Productivity

2. Subsidies

In Brazil, there's hardly any subsidies given to their poultry farmers but they are very productive, enabling them to be competitive.

In Europe, they are highly dependent on subsidies to stay in business.

One would say it is unfair to open the nation's market to poultry imports as many countries subsidize,

I would treat it differently. Since Brazil. without subsidies can farm poultry at prices that match those in Europe, we might as well imagine it is being imported from Brazil.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Atk1nson(m): 2:42am On Aug 09, 2023
grandstar:
Frankly speaking, I feel the government should simply lift the ban on the importation of frozen raw chicken. A ton can go as low as 400/kg of bought in tons from France. If a 20% import duty is placed on it, I am sure by the time it meets the consumers, the price will be no more tha N1,500/kg compared to the 2,400/kg presently.

That is one palliative measure Nigerians would definitely welcome

Ideally rather than ban importation of most stuff, I would have suggested imposing a high duty on it and using it fund specific subsidies in d sector.

Agriculture is highly subsidized in about all developed countries. In Nigeria it had very few subsidies and this administration aggressively took them away with thinking critically leaving the sector in a worse state.

Another thing is most poultry farmers go into crude futures contract to raise working capital, selling their produce weeks in advances so they rarely benefit from market prices which have largely gone up consistently.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Fearyourcreator: 2:44am On Aug 09, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm. I no go talk wetin dey mind!

Na una sell Chicken last Xmas 15k, took advantage of the country, 1 crate of egg N3,500, una go still sell chicks ooo. Over gain dey worry una

Great response bro. Substantial farming is way out to reduce cost. Our people too like extortion, even local chicken wey no dey chow FEED cost past one wey dey take FEEDS, we ourselves enemies, joined with Government,
Many want the FREE CASH, those asking for 200k minimum wages, the INFLATION wey go kill people ehn, e dey do press up.
Na everyone be salary earner ? Ba from market dem go wait that ur new MINIMUM WAGES.
You dey mind people... Make we continue now... Many wan use benz them no wan use their sense and energy hustle
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Empredboy(m): 2:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Mom007:

Bro, lemme shock you, even with those prices, their margin of gain is ridiculously low. Them no dey gain anything. That business is a suffer head business and that's just the truth. I think the solution to a lot of Nigeria's problem is that people should just go and farm. Everyone should keep a garden. This our dependence on buy, buy, buy all the time is killing us. Government cannot fix everything. Even if they count raw cash and give everyone, it will end in inflation with plenty money chasing few goods.
if everyone go into farming who will buy the excess products available? Do you think farming is an easy job? If you must farm to produce a tonne weight of product then you have to leave to present job so as to meet the target of one tonne a week.
If you leave your tech, banking, construction,trading job for farming just like everyone should leave theirs for farming who then will do those job?

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by gammarays(m): 3:46am On Aug 09, 2023
Asswipemod:

You are unintelligent as usual, for making that comment. You ingrates. Is this how you will reward Yoruba people that voted massively for Obi? Àbí is it only Yoruba votes that count in the whole of the country? You people are sick.
You're the one sick
The foolishness of the majority will always rub on the good of few. Apologies if you were among the few sensible ones.

The few sensible ones spoke out but all they received was castigation. You know the people I'm referring to anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by tishbite42: 3:59am On Aug 09, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Of course. You think Emefiele's detention by a Yoruba man, Tinubu is unjustified?
Really unjustified
Buhari, Malami, Sadiya Farouk and Zainab Ahmed should be detained too
SW hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by tishbite42: 4:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Why are the Yorubas complaining?!
Abi you guys don't want to reap what you have sown?!
This is just the beginning
Dey play
grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Blitzking: 4:30am On Aug 09, 2023
Who removes subsidy without already providing alternatives only a clueless and wicked gpoverment. I even thought that it was becos dangote refinery would save the day..but the importation continues

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ufotunang: 5:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Tinubu let the poultry industry breathe please
...abi...APC has destroyed the nigeria economy
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ufotunang: 5:08am On Aug 09, 2023
APC has destroyed the economy...when PDP was in power the nigeria economy was good... nawaoooo...

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ufotunang: 5:10am On Aug 09, 2023
BoldBrainz:

.APC hasdestroyed the nigeria economy... making things difficult for nigerians

1 Like

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ufotunang: 5:14am On Aug 09, 2023
So in nigeria we cannot plant maize, corn , soya beans... what is happening in our agriculture sector...maize, corn , soya beans is not products we should be importing...we should be planting it here in nigeria for local consumption not importing
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by ufotunang: 5:16am On Aug 09, 2023
Vote for Peter obi so that he can make the economy to be good and better but you did not want to vote for him.....but you wanted jagaban and APC.. see what is happening now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by deekseen(m): 5:34am On Aug 09, 2023
lidebe1:
I will make this short. I'm starting a new group where I will be giving full tutorial on two new Arbitrage method that has never been taught anywhere cos I researched them myself and tried both and they are working fine with good profit. So if u are interested in learning these methods, My what'sapp number is on my signature.
Please note that I'm not charging any money for teaching these methods. The complete tutorial is completely free of charge cos I'm already making money from it so I don't need to charge anyone from it
This is the only thing in your big head - scam people. But, I'll tell you again, your days are numbered. Scammer.
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by bluefilm: 5:36am On Aug 09, 2023
gammarays:
Are you sure I read this correctly?

South West zone lamenting when we're still in Genesis 🙄🙄

How come the South West are feeling the negative impact of this Balablue regime more than other regions?

Mandate and favor my family people are reaping the fruits of their wickedness in full.

It's called Karma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by bluefilm: 5:45am On Aug 09, 2023
cursedAbiola:
Nigeria had a simple choice to make last election but they repeated the wrong choice.

Nigerians abi EyeNeck ?

Nigerians tried their best but EyeNeck had the final say
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by bluefilm: 5:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
They told you people that they had saved 1trillion within a month! Where is the money, what had they done with it to help the masses? Nothing.. One don jump inside Water told as he can't take it any longer.. grin

Hahahahaha 🤣

Expect more rønu crooners to take a dive !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by Lanre1st(m): 6:17am On Aug 09, 2023
Na everybody they collect, it don reach poultry birds
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by hansomb: 6:44am On Aug 09, 2023
tejumorelar:
We need to shutdown this country called Nigeria as a matter of urgency
if they shut down the country, where u want make people go ?
Re: We’ve Been Choked, Poultry Industry Nears Total Collapse, Farmers Cry Out by hansomb: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2023
0taPiaPia:
It has collapsed already. Checked the current price of production vs profit to be made and I pitied poultry farmers.. how would you invest millions in a business and be getting thousands for an extended period undecided
most business profit margin to production cost nowadays is nothing to write home about. One have to be very smart and extra hardworking to navigate his ways in the business world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) / See The Agricultural Products China Leads The World In Producing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.