Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic (48334 Views)

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by tishbite42: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Favorisieren:
Now I know Bola Tinubu has got the balls. Let's go there.

Only a foo.lish president will not act. All the surrounding nations' military has hijacked power...so he should sleep till they kick him out of power too? Lol. Bola Tinubu....let's go there.

We will move into Chad after Niger... and get rid of Boko Haram. This is the end of Boko Haram.

I want to see Wagner in this Battle. Which Wagner? Lol. And I want to see Algeria counter ECOWAS. Dem no born Algeria well.

See...by the end of next week, Nigeria will be fully in charge of the Niger Republic. And that useless military will be sent to Hague to face justice. Afterward, we are moving to Mali, Burkina Faso, and the rest. We will tell the military to ever stay in their barrack forever.

God bless Nigeria. We are the giant of Africa. God bless ECOWAS. Today, I am proud to be a Nigerian. Let's go boys!!!
I hope you're part of the military infantry

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by natedroid: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:
Tinubu leave Niger matter alone

Pikin wey dey dance for road side something is beating drum for him inside the bush

Don’t invoke the anger of PUTIN to Nigeria

Ever since you snicked to Aso Rock through the widow you haven’t done anything good to better life of Nigerians

You carry Niger matter for head just to please the west while your country people are dying of hunger and hard times

Is it how female students of Chicago use to do?

Dollar is almost 1000, economy is in shambles, hunger is biting harder and all you care about is your western validation make them see say you be human being

Asari Dokubo threatened a sitting Governor you do face like say you no hear because he’s your thug.

You no send DSS after him rather romancing him with kids glove

You’ll forever be in the history for the worse president on planet

Wear adult pampers dey waka everywhere

You should have specialized on Cocaine and leave governance alone

Someone like you deserve to be arrested

I'm Igbo and you're one of the problems of the Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Namigotalktru: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
As leader of the youths we expect to see S eyi Tinubu on the frontlines of this war.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Pootle: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
as a keen lover of vawulence and chaos am happy with this development, cant wait for it all to scatter in fact world war3 cool
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by abbeynism(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
So many dumb responses here.
This is first stage of war: psychological.
The war is not Nigeria vs Niger it is Ecowas vs Niger. All Ecowas countries will bring their armies and armours.

It is jot a war against Niger but to prevent what many never forseen that might happen in most countries in Africa and the style of ruling.

Bauzoum is elected and must either remain or impeached. Niger might experience cote'dvoire ruling of Gbagbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Felix6: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Those closest to the front line, should be updating us with troops movements and supplies. Please let the pictures be clear and videos short and precise. grin grin Thank you.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

Anyway, this War will favour me and my family grin

Exactly

Northerners can now see their real enemy

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Babastrong(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
[quote author=Taylor90 post=125020537][b]Tinubu leave Niger matter alone

Pikin wey dey dance for road side something is beating drum for him inside the bush

Ever since you snicked to Aso Rock through the widow you haven’t done anything good to better life of Nigerians

You carry Niger matter for head just to please the west while your country people are dying of hunger and hard times

Dollar is almost 1000, economy is in shambles, hunger is biting harder and all you care about is your western validation make them see say you be human being

Asari Dokubo threatened a sitting Governor you do face like say you no hear because he’s your thug.

[fear
fear.
na
this
reason
biafra
won't
be
realised.
the
life
of
man
upon
earth
is
a
warfare(JOB7:1)
Qui
desiderat
pacem,
praeparet
bellum]
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by legitnow1: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
tishbite42:

True talk

GO TO SUDAN, THEY CALL THEMSELVES ARAB OVER THERE.

NO BLACK AFRICAN IS ALLOWED TO RISE NOT TO TALK PRESIDENT.

HERE WE ARE HELPING ARABS TO SEIZE NIGER REPUBLIC,WHEN THEY START PASSING PRESIDENCY WITH HELO OF FRANCE AND US FROM ARAB TO ARAB, WHAT WILL YOU PEOPLE DO THEN?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, YET ANOTEHR AFRICAN COUNTRY WILL START ANSWERING ARAB AND ARAB REPUBLIC.

WHAT HAVE BEEN DONE ABOUT MAURITANIA OR SUDAN? NOTHING.

MAKE UNA DEY SHINE EYE.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by tubolancer(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu has finally declared war on Hausas, having heard that Hausas makes up about 50% of Niger population.

Northerners should ask themselves this question; If Niger shares common Boundary with Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ondo would Tinubu still talk about invading Niger?

This is a bad prayer.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by LONEWOLFJOHN: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4iylnKDirw&

https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1689674359240065024?t=-0upVGDWfQ78g6Z0MM3QvA&s=19
Associations of us who are tired of Nigeria support this declaration, let the War begging, if they need more recruitment into the 🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖🪖 army, I'm very much available, Nigeria must fall because I know all these Northerners are solidly behind Niger, they will show themselves and the war will escalate to another Civil warII, at the end the fall of Nigeria. This is exactly what we have been waiting for. Let the mayhem begging.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by OmoNla99: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
This Tinubu is a greedy man. His interest is the gas pipeline to Europe which can only go through Niger republic. He’s fighting tooth and nail for his only selfishness.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by allthingsgood: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

Everything is a joke to you guys

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Dennisochampa: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

Because na only putin get craze.
Other countries no get.
U think say putin go leave wetin dey do am Ukraine come follow Niger fight against France and ecowas.
Try learn how to spell sneak properly before you dey type for nairaland

Uncle snick

I come even see say you type window as widow

So na people like you Wan rule Nigeria tomorrow...

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by malvisguy212: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

tinubu worst o. but e no fit worst pass buhari.....if e happen say tinubu worst pass buhari . walahi talahi, we don die
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
E-BOLA don't be a Coward like Awolowo

Let the grenade still dropping

Can't wait tongue
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by EmeeNaka: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
Geesarki:
ECOWAS decision is not final. The president needs the consent of Nigeria's legislature. That's the beauty of democracy.
In military rule, the president would have attacked Niger by now.

We Northerners say NO to military invasion of Niger Republic. We ll never let this happen.
Which bloody northerners? The South will back the military act, together with the middle belt. It is important to restore democracy in our doorstep.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by kyuniii(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
worldclass68:
Corpers how far grin grin grin
Very Near.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by shiwex: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
This is what happens when you have someone who has been compromised. The west has something on Tinubu and they will use it to control him any time they like. This is the result of voting in a drug baron.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by zinaunreal(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Aboki rise up. Una don suffer too much you better rise up oo
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by nony43(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Which would have been very good.

Now ECOMOG is entering Niger which is the best . Let the refuges increase in the North. And let more poverty befall them.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
legitnow1:

MAKE SURE YOU GO AND FIGHT IT.

AS IT STAND TODAY ONLY YOU PEOPLE WILL FIGHT NIGER.
Lol!

Go read my old posts to know my position. I am sure you are a kid...but guess what? If your papa and mama had fought Buhari when he kicked Shagari out of power in 1983, Babangida and Abacha will never happen to Nigeria. If we don't fight this war, we will be ruled by the military again. For sure ....military will take over in Nigeria too. All surrounding nations up in the northern part of Nigeria have experienced military take-over.

Just imagine...the useless boy in Niger called one guy to form a government. So, the guy has started calling all his friends and has given them positions. Exactly what Buhari and Babangida did. What exactly do the military know about government, economics, and foreign policies?

I said it before...Asian nations that experienced huge natural disasters before or after 1983 have recovered, but Nigeria is yet to recover from corruption. If we had paid with our blood in 1983, things wouldn't be like that.

If people will die in northern Nigeria, so be it. It is a fight to protect our land from the military that are the greatest enemy of progress. Nigeria must fight this. And we will win.

I predict just a week of battle and normal life will be restored to Niger.

Oga...we are still going to Chad...so get ready. And we will move to Mali, Burkina Faso, and the rest. Like 7 nations in West Africa...we are heading to. We are showing them that we are the giant of Africa.

So, keep nagging. We are going. Nothing you can do. And victory is sure.

Know this and know peace!

Shalom!!!
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Brek: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Namigotalktru:
What abject nonsense.

We already have security issues within Nigeria. Now instead of seeking diplomacy it’s to go and start a war with neighbours bordering our country?

Who is giving this kind of advice? Do they have even small sense? It’s like Sudan is a mirage to them.

This how US encouraged Uk raine to go and fight with Russia instead of finding a diplomatic resolution.

The advisers to this president need to be tested for serious ogogoro.

NIGER IS NOT OUR PROBLEM. What kind of advice is this to cause destabilisation in our own country playing around with the sovereignty of another country Is it madness?

NIGERIA is our problem. We haven’t even started to deal with. Now they want to turn us to slaves of the West, like they don’t see what happened to Libya, Iraq, Syria wtf
Russia actually declared war on Ukraine first
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by TheBillyonaire: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
France needs Uranium and Gold. France also wants to continue enslaving Nigeriens and the rest of the Francophone countries.

America needs France's alliance to receive their share of the Uranium.

Nigeria's interests are - Secure the Pipeline route through Niger and Algeria to supply Gas to Europe especially now that Russian's Nord Stream Pipeline was blown up by America. Nigeria also must ensure that Niger does not build a Dam across the Niger River because our own Dam depends on the momentum of the flow.

Nigeria also needs to secure the Northern neighbour against Armed Militia who are preparing to fight the military.

The war will be expensive, but think about the cash inflow from sales of Gas to Europe. America needs Nigeria to replace Russia from Gas profiteering. And France needs Nigeria for their Uranium and Gold RobbinHood.

And Nigeria needs a pro-Nigerian Government in Niger for our long term interest.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Smoothtalkerfnb: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello

Let the war begins
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by optimusprime2(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
I have never been as resolute as I am now, about the illegitimacy and total incompetency of this B.A.T led APC government.

The judiciary just has to step in ASAP. Otherwise APC will be the undoing of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by ozoono(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
😎
I trust the discretion of ECOWAS.
Containment is the right strategy as this must not lead to further escalation.

I dedicate “Dues” by Wande Coal to the ECOWAS troops. Great jam!
Asin u mean you don't av anything doing than to always listen to music.? For dis tinubu/buhari era.hmm na waoh
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Maximummasters: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Taylor90:

Just seconded your opinion sad sad sad
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by newoffer: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Omo this administration will favour us all. Continue dey deceive yourself. I pity my fellow country men. It is well. Next time ensure someone with a clean record rule you. It is you against the ambition of one man.
Connected1:
This Tinubu of a man is out just to create more problems for Nigeria cry

We don't need this.

Considering how he's the ECOWAS Leader, Nigeriens will hate us for Life.
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by Brek: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Babathanks:

Do you know is not only Nigeria that is in ecowas?
Do you know all state vote for this?
Stop all this blaming games. Is so annoying
And how many troops can they fight with Niger?
Re: ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic by vicfajeze: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
SenatePresdo:

YEYE BOY,WIA NUKE NO FIT REACH.IF U LIKE MAKE UGO HIDE INSIDE UR M.... TOTO,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christopher Stanton Commits Suicide After Arrest For Capitol Riot / Moment King Charles III Was Crowned King Of England (VIDEO) / Taliban Leaders Brawled At Presidential Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.