Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? (18168 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2011
Abeg free Mummy3 jare.

And you think bank jobs are the worst?

Where I used to work in Lagos I leave home (Egbeda by 5am no staff bus) and get back home at 11pm

Atimes we are even lodged in hotels so you can work till late at night and I have female colleagues as well.

Well its the job you signed for. In advanced countries when you are a top exec in a consulting firm, Investment bank or a Wall Street broker you might need to work long hours cos the jobs are usually demanding, target driven and deadline oriented
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by tpia5: 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
the jobs are ok for single people, but not so okay if both husband and wife have the same long hours.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by pkv(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Abeg free Mummy3 jare.

And you think bank jobs are the worst?

Where I used to work in Lagos I leave home (Egbeda by 5am no staff bus) and get back home at 11pm

Atimes we are even lodged in hotels so you can work till late at night and I have female colleagues as well.

Well its the job you signed for. In advanced countries when you are a top exec in a consulting firm, Investment bank or a Wall Street broker you might need to work long hours cos the jobs are usually demanding, target driven and deadline oriented
some of them are just jealous dat mummy3 can mix biz wit pleasure while they cant, bt 2 talk true no b beans o!
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
maclatunji:

I don't envy your lifestyle O. How do you deal with the unholy advances of some of your bank customers or potential clients?

grin
Sorry my dear
Hmmmm its not only female bankers that are being intimidated by male toasters
Other company’s superiors do as well. The ball is in the lady's field, if you like play it and if you don’t like to play good, it’s between you and your God. Even full house wives are being intimidated as well, some go as far as bringing guys to their marital home. It’s not by force to date someone.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by ronkebp(f): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2011
I think a husband and wife, should come together and think about the home also while choosing a job. A woman that leaves home 6.00am and gets home 10.00pm, i don't know how that woman wants to train her children. Fine, the kids go to school 7 to 4.00pm, getting back from work 5.00 pm as a mother makes alot of sense, those hours you spend with your kids a day, goes a long way in shapening their lives.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dotman(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
for me, it all has to do with personal characteristics. personally, i cant allow my wife to work in a bank because i am a very jealous man and i can read meanings to it sef. so it depends on the personal agreement between u nd yur lady, i need her around all the time.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dotman(m): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
for me, it all has to do with personal characteristics. personally, i cant allow my wife to work in a bank because i am a very jealous man and i can read meanings to it sef. so it depends on the personal agreement between u nd yur lady, i need her around all the time.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
mummy3:

grin
Sorry my dear
Hmmmm its not only female bankers that are being intimidated by male toasters
Other company’s superiors do as well. The ball is in the lady's field, if you like play it and if you don’t like to play good, it’s between you and your God. Even full house wives are being intimidated as well, some go as far as bringing guys to their marital home. It’s not by force to date someone.

You must be one of those Madams we see at the back of the tellers, directing them at the bank. I suppose with your good pay you can ease some of the emotional discomfort your job brings but ultimately one has to look at personal happiness too before you end up as General Manager at the bank and fill empty inside.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by babyzze(f): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2011
I really dont understand what the issue is with female bankers, female bankers are not the only ones with demanding jobs, and also people have to work to earn a living. Entrepreneurial ventures is not for everyone.

As for the jealous husbands and boyfriends, if your girl is to cheating, she will ,even if you lock her up.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2011
ronkebp:

I think a husband and wife, should come together and think about the home also while choosing a job. A woman that leaves home 6.00am and gets home 10.00pm, i don't know how that woman wants to train her children. Fine, the kids go to school 7 to 4.00pm, getting back from work 5.00 pm as a mother makes alot of sense, those hours you spend with your kids a day, goes a long way in shapening their lives.

In a country where several millions about 50% of youths are unemployed is not one to choose.

Even if you want your wife to stay at home, How do you pay bills or give the children the desired lifestyle ?

Would you rather stay at home and send your children to Ansar-U-deen or Agege grammar school or work till 10pm so they can go to Corona.

Working till late is more of a necesity nowadays
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2011
maclatunji:

You must be one of those Madams we see at the back of the tellers, directing them at the bank. I suppose with your good pay you can ease some of the emotional discomfort your job brings but ultimately one has to look at personal happiness too before you end up as General Manager at the bank and fill empty inside.

I dont work in a branch.
I used to, when i was single
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

In a country where several millions about 50% of youths are unemployed is not one to choose.

Even if you want your wife to stay at home, How do you pay bills or give the children the desired lifestyle ?

Would you rather stay at home and send your children to Ansar-U-deen or Agege grammar school or work till 10pm so they can go to Corona.

Ansar-U-deen or Agege grammar school grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by ronkebp(f): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^ you are right about the chaeting aspects, some women are wayward, so no matter how you tie them down, on their way to the market to by pepper, they will end up sleeping with the 'nama guy'. Though the bank exposes them because of the numerous customers they interact with on a daily basis. My sister told me about a lady who works with her in GTB bank and who is married, was  given a car by a customer, and she told her hubby that it was a loan she took from the bank that they(bank) would be deducting it from her account monthly.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by ronkebp(f): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

There is no point of being a house wife if the husband can only afford Ansar-u-deen or Agege grammer school or gidankpom college, her working should not stop the woman for being a 'mother' to her children not just having them by birth alone and feeding them.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Would you rather stay at home and send your children to Ansar-U-deen [/b]or Agege grammar school or work till 10pm so they can go to Corona.

[b]HOLD IT!
I went to Ansar-ud-deen. There is nothing wrong with my school- so retract that statement NOW!

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by tpia5: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
public schools arent necessarily bad.

it all depends.

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
Dayokanu is playing with e-fire. Do you know the number of high-calibre people that have attend Ansar-ud-deen schools! He is going to get it!
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by yogun(f): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2011
All hail mummy3, great job you are doing,

definitely, she'll have plans for the future and you need cool cash as capital to establish any business of your choice.

i will all working mums in this situation well and pray God to grant them wisdom in raising godly kids,
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
yogun:

All hail mummy3, great job you are doing,

definitely, she'll have plans for the future and you need cool cash as capital to establish any business of your choice.

i will all working mums in this situation well and pray God to grant them wisdom in raising godly kids,

Amen o my sis
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
Tpia and maclatunji,

Dont lets deceive ourselves

We cant compare Public schools of now to those of the 80's and 90's

In those days there were few private schools and everyone sent their kids to public schools so the best of the best were in those schools

Compared to nowadays when everyone sends their kids to Private now its only children of the very poor that attend most of these public schools

Even schools Like St Finbarrs, Igbobi, Loyola College are not spared from the rot.

I also went to one of these now rotten public schools
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Tpia and maclatunji,

In those days there were few private schools and everyone sent their kids to public schools so the best of the best were in those schools

Compared to nowadays when everyone sends their kids to Private now its only children of the very poor that attend most of these public schools

Even schools Like St Finbarrs, Igbobi, Loyola College are not spared from the rot.

You lack self-confidence. I will tear-up a PHD. holder from Harvard or Cambridge if he messes-up; so speak for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Tpia and maclatunji,

Its true jare, i believe Tpia and maclatunji will not send their kids to any of this public school. As a Y2K Compliant fathers. even a low paid security man & drivers are trying to make sure their kids are enrolled at least in a low fee private school that they can afford.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
In addition, being schooled and being educated are two different things!

Back to topic, I know a couple who are both bankers. They seem to work the same way Mummy 3 has so ably described. That is the way some people live- I can only understand them. We all have to make these decisions for ourselves. You cannot force your choices on others!

mummy3:

Its true jare, i believe Tpia and maclatunji will not send their kids to any of this public school. As a Y2K Compliant fathers. even a low paid security man & drivers are trying to make sure their kids are enrolled at least in a low fee private school that they can afford.

I will not pay for a name- I will pay for a good education. My school is now a private school, so it does not really matter. Make no mistake, there are really brilliant students in Public schools and dumb ones in some Private schools. I know where Dayokanu and Mummy3 are coming from but don't underestimate students in Publc schools.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2011
maclatunji:

You lack self-confidence. I will tear-up a PHD. holder from Harvard or Cambridge if he messes-up; so speak for yourself!

Would you send your kids to Ansar-U-deen in 2012?
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by maclatunji: 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Would you send your kids to Ansar-U-deen in 2012?

Easily, it is now a private school!
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by mummy3(f): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
maclatunji:

Easily, it is now a private school!

Hahahaha i went to a public school as well o (QC)
but my kids are in private school
Try to get us, we're not saying some public sch kids are not brilliant, same apply to private sch they have dundy there as well
But i believe you'll choose to send your kids to a private sch
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by oohunt: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
@mummy3, I honestly bow for you. From VI to Ejigbo? It aint easy what you are doing. And the fact that you leave your kids at home everyday and hope they would always be ok. . .

It is also good that you have established a balance in your busy lifestyle. I am sure it was tougher before now. Thank God for your understanding husband.

The truth is that this not only happens in Nigeria but also awomen abroad go through this. They are hardly home to tend to the kids or husband. They have to work to make ends meet. If you want to give your kids the best, sitting at home wont get you there.

I am glad to read that you are moving. There is no reason to put yourself through the strees of traffic. If you have a good job then you can afford to live closer to your place of work.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
mummy3:

Hahahaha i went to a public school as well o (QC)
but my kids are in private school

Try to get us, we're not saying some public sch kids are not brilliant, same apply to private sch they have dundy there as well
But i believe you'll choose to send your kids to a private sch

So for your mind Queens College na public school? I only ask cos two of my younger siblings went to that school and in my opinion overtushness dey worry the students of that school. . .just like KC. Small man pikin no dey go QC and na serious conection/leg work to enter there. No talk am again o. . . QC na FGC but it's one of the best in the FGC's and it's on the same level with elite private schools like A-Hall, Vivian Fowler, Corona etc.

By the way, I've noticed you've been posting and replying people's post since morning. Seems you have so much free time on that banking job of yours

Anyhow sha, all the best as you juggle and balance work & family
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
? ? ?
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by Outstrip(f): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
I quit my job in investments and I have no regrets. That job was stressful but nothing like banking in Nigeria. That is a whole other beast. That is a job I know I will never ever be willing to do. I just thank God that I grew some balls and decided to give my all to my businesses. That sort of schedule cannot be good for any relationship. I don't care what anybody says.
Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by delpee(f): 12:18am On Oct 13, 2011
I quit a job when i realised that i hardly had time to relate with my kids during the week. They were always in bed by the time i got home at night and i would be busy preparing their lunch pack in the morning while their dad or someone else prepares them for school.

I had no regrets going for a lower paying job which afforded me the joy of being a part of my children s lives when it mattered most - when they are young. A child that grows up with love, care and attention is easier to discipline and has greater sense of family values. They have the opportunity of asking you questions that bother their mind instead of the househelp or other people who may mislead them. A child s character is formed early in life so its good to be around to instill your dos and donts while correcting negative peer influence which you will observe only if you spend time with them. There must also be time for school open days to assess your child in the public domain. Having a caring dad at home earlier if his job permits is another option.

Seems to me that we have more hardened and self centered youth now including the ra.pists, hi tech robbers etc because parents are too busy looking for money and "better levels".

BTW God provided resources in marvelous ways to cover up my loss of income/reduced income. Looking back, i am still happy i had the courage to leave albeit with my husbands support.

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? by Jenifa1: 1:04am On Oct 13, 2011
semid4lyfe:

By the way, I've noticed you've been posting and replying people's post since morning. Seems you have so much free time on that banking job of yours

I was thinking the same thing grin
more grease to her elbows sha.

I would like to hear replies from other female bankers as well too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Woman Welcomes Set Of Triplets After 19 Years Of Childlessness. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.