Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? (14370 Views)

Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by IduNaOba: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by LegitWebsites: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you cannot arrange a marriage for yourself, and you need one...

It is a cool option that you can try out.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Shinjawestern: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Samantha124:
I remember a while back a relative of mine came to my family and said his ancestors directed him to come and get a wife there... grin grin grin

So far we're four girls and two are already married... So it was either me or my other sister who's unmarried.... We both refused and said we wanted nothing to do with it... He said the marriage was arranged by the ancestors.. grin grin grin

He didn't want to give up easily and he kept trying to get my sister's attention for about two years, but she wouldn't give in... He then tried coming my way, but I immediately shut him out.

And u still single...
Now regretting why u rejected him..

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Menclothing: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is the biggest mistake anyone can do
All your life you can’t even choose a partner they have to choose for you such person don’t deserve anything

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Eeghe(f): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is unpopular but men, marry the people your sisters choose for you👌🏿

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Jewessgratitud3: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
No way!
There's something about seeing and picking a spouse for yourself that beats arrangee marriage.

In arrangee marriage, any little thing, you'll hear things like.. " I didn't want you, my family, church ( like Stella Damascus claimed) or pastor forced you on me and petty stuff like that. So, better to choose my thing by myself and be responsible for whatever comes out of it rather than shifting blames.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by GiZcorp: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
If she get nyash and she's ebony with fine cute face and thine waist couple with long legs. Omo leave I go marry am with her sister as bonus

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
Approximately 95%of marriages in India are arranged, with the divorce rate at 1%. I come from a big family, with 25 first cousins
and many more second and third cousins.

Out of these 28, 24 are now married and 2 are engaged. All arranged marriages, with no divorce to date.

I am the black sheep of the family, with the first love marriage in the history of my family. I believe that I am the custodian of my own
happiness. I believe that God gave me free will.

So, I cannot marry someone my parents choose for me because even if they trained me from birth, they have limited knowledge of what
gives me fulfillment, especially in the area of choosing a life partner.

What are your thoughts about these

Yes I can.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes! Why not? It's not like I'll be seeing the person for the first time on the day of the wedding.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Moh227: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
cool

Family and friends knows you better and are sometimes good match making a wife for you based on your known personality

The only problem is only you know what you like as Sexual figure and attractiveness

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by razzydoo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Recommendation, yes. But don’t impose. After all, no be you go help insert my kini. grin

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by braine(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
At this point, I dont think I mind arrangee marriage.

Lagos girls have shown me things.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by cassyrooy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
Approximately 95%of marriages in India are arranged, with the divorce rate at 1%. I come from a big family, with 25 first cousins

Out of these 28, 24 are now married and 2 are engaged. All arranged marriages, with no divorce to date.

I am the black sheep of the family, with the first love marriage in the history of my family. I believe that I am the custodian of my own

So, I cannot marry someone my parents choose for me because even if they trained me from birth, they have limited knowledge of what

Yes, I've discovered that it's best.

Terms and conditions are known and breaching it can lead to severe consequences.

Infact, I'll like arrangee marriage, dating is totally useless and exploitative.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Moh227: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
Samantha124:
I remember a while back a relative of mine came to my family and said his ancestors directed him to come and get a wife there... grin grin grin

So far we're four girls and two are already married... So it was either me or my other sister who's unmarried.... We both refused and said we wanted nothing to do with it... He said the marriage was arranged by the ancestors.. grin grin grin

He didn't want to give up easily and he kept trying to get my sister's attention for about two years, but she wouldn't give in... He then tried coming my way, but I immediately shut him out.

grin grin grin

I just learnt a new trick.. time to put it to work on this stubborn girl in my neighborhood

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by biyams(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
It dep£#d$ ....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Bullet01(f): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet, I have match maked thousands of happily married couples today. It's the best kind of marriage.

This I have seen.

But you are a false prophet. How were you able to achieve these marriages?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Luu40: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nothing bad about it. The world has been much saner in the past than it is today.

As for my case, three different people recommend I a lady for me - saying she's a good person of good family, U should seek for her hand in marriage.
She's the person I'm currently dating.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by fuckJones(f): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
Even God stop given people partners, that is why the scripture says he who find a wife " Na you will go out and look for the wife you love for god to bless you"

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by peterleo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
MINE IS ARRANGED. I AM HAPPY FOR MY FAMILY. THEY GAVE ME THE BEST.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
No.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by ceejayluv(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dem never arrange your spec for you. Arrangements pass arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Kemadealadire(f): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
If the person meets your specifications, why not🤷🏽‍♀️

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Nobleou(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Never
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by uuzba(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
Why arrange marriage/due diligence works is that most ladies chosen by the elder member of the family involved are usually the most well behaved.
And it happens most in a conservative society with little western influence.
There's one black American guy on YouTube that gives marriage advice.
He said that DATING was invented around 1950s for the sole purpose of gift card sellers to sell cards. That's all.
That all through history, men and women don't waste time checking and crosschecking each other. Just marry first and adjust yourselves inside the house.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
Not a big deal,if I like her.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by djseanjohn77: 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

The misuse of God though, as much as you can make your choice yourself, Abraham made a choice for Isaac. It is your choice whoever you marry, though, but don't bring in God in to it. Genesis 24:3,4,51,60
And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell
Jeremiah 29:6-7 Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there and do not decrease.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by AllenSpencer: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
ebenezary:
That's how our fore fathers did in the old days

At a point, and the divorce rate was low.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by xynerise: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Arrangee works better. This doesn't mean that you both won't date and hang out for some months before marriage. The fact that only you didn't do the studying of the person but a collective family research makes it better.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Basiljoe: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Eeghe:
This is unpopular but men, marry the people your sisters choose for you👌🏿
If you know, you know. Devil's know themselves.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by chima47(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet, I have match maked thousands of happily married couples today. It's the best kind of marriage.

This I have seen.
"thousands" ?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by TwoPheus: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

. If na my mom, sister or female relative, no wahala, but if na my brother, male relative, hmmm, I will wash my eyes well well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesbian Wife / urg / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.