Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? (14371 Views)

Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by MySolace: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoboNogoDie:

Lol
See frustrated low-life grin
You think everyone is a lowlife and will settle for crumbs, waste product and leftover grin
Just because you don't have morals and sexual integrity and will accept anything that comes your way, doesn't mean that's how everyone else operate grin
Again, carry your pains, frustration and regrets comot for my front cheesy
It's a gross misunderstanding for u to see having a virgin as a good life...
Oh, having a virgin is ur lifetime quest? grin grin. And dats wot u call a life?

Oh, sorry bro... U could b among d clique hoping for 7'virgins at d other side?
Keep waiting!

U must b dis, u must b dat! Wot are u even? undecided undecided... U're even sounding as mummy's boy.
From ur tone, U've not started facing life.
Faceless forum dey help u talk wit ur elders, bravo to u, right...

Mr High life
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Elxandre(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
I think a big reason it has low divorce rate is the amount of stake both families have in the marriage. You're practically married to the other family in an arranged marriage and must try your best not to be seen as "irresponsible".
Make no mistake though, remaining married does not mean a happy marriage.

I can see the advantages but to say there are no disadvantages is false.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
MySolace:

Oh, having a virgin is ur lifetime quest? grin grin. And dats wot u call a life?

Keep waiting!

U must b dis, u must b dat! Wot are u even? undecided undecided... U're even sounding as mummy's boy.

Mr High life
It's gross, pathetic and appalling that you see being a whΓ³rΓ«, broken, used and damaged as nothing and what everyone should contend with grin
Common girl! Are you not even ashamed of yourself!? grin
Are you proud of your bodycount?
Are you proud of yourself? grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Rokiat(f): 12:19am On Aug 15, 2023
Bunkbars:
Gold digger cheesy

That’s a compliment thank you very much.

I love beautiful things and I love money.

I will always choose money and money will always choose me.

We are both attracted to each other.

Duties never men with money forever I say dusties never men with money forever. Lol
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by fapis2003: 12:45am On Aug 15, 2023
If Indians marriages are that successful why are there huge cases of sexual assaults like rape committed in India, if their arrange marriages are that successful, these sexual assaults cases would not be common in their society, in fact most women are not safe in India, its an epidemic over there.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Greenfaces: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2023
Exmilitant:
Arrangee marriage works best, but in these days of self-love and self-importance, most youth would frown against that.
Exactly. It works better than the fornication type
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Greenfaces: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2023
Kipaji:
Yes, I can. I won't be against my family finding a young virgin raised to be a loyal housewife and who is highly attracted to me.
The one and only issue I have with arranged marriage is that the woman may not be very attracted to me. She can have a great behavior, be a virgin, but fancy guys who are not like me. That is, I may not be her type. And that can lead to problems you wouldn't have with a woman that is sexually attracted to you.
This is not true.
Especially with the woman you just described. She will be stuck to you if your behaviour is good. She has never experienced it elsewhere. It is the loose goats that have experience to judge with.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by malcom1X: 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Samantha124:
I remember a while back a relative of mine came to my family and said his ancestors directed him to come and get a wife there... grin grin grin

So far we're four girls and two are already married... So it was either me or my other sister who's unmarried.... We both refused and said we wanted nothing to do with it... He said the marriage was arranged by the ancestors.. grin grin grin

He didn't want to give up easily and he kept trying to get my sister's attention for about two years, but she wouldn't give in... He then tried coming my way, but I immediately shut him out.

So are you married now? How about your sister? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by malcom1X: 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
fapis2003:
If Indians marriages are that successful why are there huge cases of sexual assaults like rape committed in India, if their arrange marriages are that successful, these sexual assaults cases would not be common in their society, in fact most women are not safe in India, its an epidemic over there.

Those women are trying to dress like our ladies. Secondly you can't rape someone's wife.
When you see a red dot on her forehead, you know that shit is coming your way. Lastly read the OP's topic, he said divorce rate is 1%
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by malcom1X: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
MySolace:

Keep waiting!

Mr High life

Aren't you tired of being used and dumped?

The fact that you have so many body count means that those guys never found you attractive enough to settle down with. Don't even talk about you breaking up because it is men that chase girls not the other way round.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 16, 2023
Why do Nigerians value marriage this much? Everything is always about marriage this and marriage that... It's like there's no life without marriage in Nigeria.

This topic can be depressing and it doesn't matter whether I'm married or not..🀦🀦🀦
malcom1X:

So are you married now? How about your sister? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by MySolace: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
malcom1X:

Aren't you tired of being used and dumped?

The fact that you have so many body count means that those guys never found you attractive enough to settle down with. Don't even talk about you breaking up because it is men that chase girls not the other way round.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abeg who is using who here? cheesy cheesy.

My point is, make sure U're wot ure wanting...
Also, make sure dat any of ur sister who is devoid of any of d qualities u believe a woman should have to make her complete retires in ur father's house. Because it would be a gross wickedness to give such unworthy gal to ur fellow man as a wife.

NB: am not she. Am just liberal. And believe everyone should b treated with fairness.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
No.

You've been Acting up lately.

What's wrong with you??
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You've been Acting up lately.

What's wrong with you??

Lol. I'm good.

I have just been a bit busy offline lately. No time for unnecessary chitchat for now.

Thanks for asking though. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesbian Wife / urg / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.