Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? (14372 Views)

Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by hardon1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
Approximately 95%of marriages in India are arranged, with the divorce rate at 1%. I come from a big family, with 25 first cousins
and many more second and third cousins.

Out of these 28, 24 are now married and 2 are engaged. All arranged marriages, with no divorce to date.

I am the black sheep of the family, with the first love marriage in the history of my family. I believe that I am the custodian of my own
happiness. I believe that God gave me free will.

So, I cannot marry someone my parents choose for me because even if they trained me from birth, they have limited knowledge of what
gives me fulfillment, especially in the area of choosing a life partner.

What are your thoughts about these

Na family matchmade marriages dey last past sef. Because every one including the couple and both family make effort to see that it is successful

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by PeggySandas(f): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
You nor fit toast?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by micxwell(m): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Rokiat:
If the person is financially stable a good provider protector and have some qualities I value why not?

Marrying solely based on love is one of the stupidest thing you can do that is why divorce rate in the west is so high.
You're wise...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by hansomb: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
Most arrange marriage, u find the girls to be very decent, most are virgins with no experience. I personally have no problem with that provided our character align with each other. Less billing.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
MySolace:

Oga, na to use ur hand create d very girl o.
Dis one u're saying ...U MUST...U MUST...

Meanwhile, I hope u posses diz qualities and there equivalents...? undecided

No b only women should posses qualities
Oga, na to carry your pain and frustration comot for my front o.
I want what I want and it's none of your business.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by NaBanga: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
Many Indian people "date" before they marry. The arrangement is mainly someone introducing you to several people. Then you finally make your choice after talking and several meetings.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'll give it a try πŸ˜‰
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by fxexperts: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
My broda. arrange marriage is the best. your parents will make the best choice for you without emotional blackmail, and they will not be deceived by sex either. no wonder we had fewer divorce then, compared with this recent love marriage of a thing.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by seunayantokun(m): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
That's how some people hit success in marriage and all-round peace.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by achimendy(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
Approximately 95%of marriages in India are arranged, with the divorce rate at 1%. I come from a big family, with 25 first cousins

Out of these 28, 24 are now married and 2 are engaged. All arranged marriages, with no divorce to date.

I am the black sheep of the family, with the first love marriage in the history of my family. I believe that I am the custodian of my own

So, I cannot marry someone my parents choose for me because even if they trained me from birth, they have limited knowledge of what

If the arranged person possess the qualities I want, why not I'll marry her.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by achimendy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
fxexperts:
My broda. arrange marriage is the best. your parents will make the best choice for you without emotional blackmail, and they will not be deceived by sex either. no wonder we had fewer divorce then, compared with this recent love marriage of a thing.

Sometimes is the other way round o. Stop talking as if you don't know. The guy that was set ablaze by his wife and also herself in kano was an arrangee marriage. He finally said it when he was rushed to the hospital that it was his mum that brought this woman for him, he never liked her for one bit.

Both of them later died.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by FutureRecord: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Puss360:
Lols... wahala.. abeg no... If problem comes up tomorrow, who will I blame??
It doesn't really makes sense to me at least...
I know people do it but I can't seem to wrap my head around it he idea that the man my family arranged for me will be my taste...
Since I'll be the one living with him, then I get to decide who and how I want him to be....
That's why there is dating(courtship)...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by FutureRecord: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Exmilitant:
Arrangee marriage works best, but in these days of self-love and self-importance, most youth would frown against that.
malcom1X:

You don hear indian people divorce before? All their movies on zee world is centred towards marriage. In fact you don't need pressure to find a partner anymore because you know say that part has been settled by Experienced people.

Those people who help you choose will also give you their support before and after the marriage because they agree.

Note that arranged marriage is not like a blind date. You guys must have met prior to it.

Lastly the girl go be virgin πŸ˜†
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by KayB: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
India still keeps its language and culture with little Western influences.
Our values are eroded with adulterated civilisation

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by StrongAlphMale: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

Which of the India are you talking about?

Is it the one I know or another one?

Dude India have the highest divorce rate in the world. Like they divorced on a daily basis. Where then did you get the 1% from?

Oga India arrange marriage divorce rate is over 96%. Pure fact! I have an Indian woman and na fact I dey tell you so
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by StrongAlphMale: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
malcom1X:

You don hear indian people divorce before? All their movies on zee world is centred towards marriage. In fact you don't need pressure to find a partner anymore because you know say that part has been settled by Experienced people.

Those people who help you choose will also give you their support before and after the marriage because they agree.

Note that arranged marriage is not like a blind date. You guys must have met prior to it.

Lastly the girl go be virgin πŸ˜†

Dude indian people divorce on a steady. Their arrange marriage divorce rate is over 96%

Na fact I dey tell you so. Indians divorce on a daily basis
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by DyingFetus: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
With joy in my heart, I go accept asap because I no fit get strength to chyke woman nowadays

My hobby na my woman for now till I get woman in flesh

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Smoothtalkerfnb: 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
cassyrooy:
I'm also from Imo, but based outside the state.

That should be the proper way of life.

Dating is exploitative and a wanton bubble of disappointment and waste of resources.
you get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
Rokiat:
If the person is financially stable a good provider protector and have some qualities I value why not?

Marrying solely based on love is one of the stupidest thing you can do that is why divorce rate in the west is so high.
Gold digger cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by zoeymikey(f): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
ABSOLUTELY!

ONLY IF SHE TICKS ALL THE FOLLOWING:

1) She must be beautiful and presentable.

Very important

2) She must be a virgin.
This is the most important. I MUST KNOW YOUR BODYCOUNT! If you're not a virgin, then there's absolutely nothing you'd tell me about your sexual past that I'll believe. TOTŌ NO GET METER ...
Having multiple ex and bodycount have the effect of making girls DAMAGED AND BROKEN, there by turning them into very selfish and wicked DEMONS.
THE TENDENCY OF THEM BEING A CHEAT IS ALSO VERY HIGH IF THEY HAVE HIGH BODYCOUNT (+2) ALREADY...

The sexual history of a girls tells a lot about her personality.
A girl brought up by responsible parents can never be a SLÚT or whórë.
Someone with high-good level of moral can not just be spreading legs for whoever comes her way.
Virginity is the greatest and the most valuable gift a girl can give to any man.
You can give multiple men your love, children, marriage etc, but you can only give one man your virginity.
If you don't think such gift is worth keeping for someone very special and someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, then I can never consider you as someone with good morals and someone that have sense.

3) She must not be an illiterate. Meaning that she has to have some level of education and must have SENSE!

4) She must come from a good home and family.
I can not be married to someone who has psychopaths in her family. This will require to do good digging and enquiries about her family.

5) She must be willing and comfortable with marrying me.

6) SHE MUST BE READY TO BE SUBMISSIVE, COOPERATIVE AND AGREEABLE.

7) SHE MUST BE GOD-FEARING AND QUITE RELIGIOUS.

THAT'S ALL.
are you all of this?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Dybala11(m): 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Puss360:
I know people do it but I can't seem to wrap my head around it he idea that the man my family arranged for me will be my taste...
Since I'll be the one living with him, then I get to decide who and how I want him to be....
This issue of arranged marriage has always amuse me too, I thought it was a thing of the past until a friend from a relatively wealthy family was told who he's to marry recently.
My family won't try that with me anyway. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Puss360:
courtship guarantee nothing... U can even stay for years and after marriage wahala ll start

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Puss360(f): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dybala11:

This issue of arranged marriage has always amuse me too, I thought it was a thing of the past until a friend from a relatively wealthy family was told who he's to marry recently.
My family won't try that with me anyway. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yes na .. it's rubbish
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
qtx:

It is not a straight jacket answer. It depends. The truth really is that when it comes to perfect union, it does not matter how you got connected to your partner, be it through your parents or other family memembers, friend, school, church, shrine, mosque, bus, market, what really matters is if you are both compatible and truly love each other. Therefore, if you insist that family members must not offer you a partner, what if that partner happens to be someone with the qualities you wish to have in a wife? Am not insisting it must be your family that should provide you with a partner, but will you say although she meets your specification therefore ou wont accept her unless yu meet the person yourself? I think one should have opnen mind towards considering how to get a partner.
exactly pple meet online and it's all gud while pple get married to those they know offline yet issue... I once read how pple dated 9 years before getting married yet the marriage still crash... So just be a good human being...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by fxexperts: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
achimendy:

Sometimes is the other way round o. Stop talking as if you don't know. The guy that was set ablaze by his wife and also herself in kano was an arrangee marriage. He finally said it when he was rushed to the hospital that it was his mum that brought this woman for him, he never liked her for one bit.

Both of them later died.
you are right, but this is one of too many that worked. but compare statistics of love marriage and previously when parents used to arrange marriages for their children. we had less failed marriage then. if you bring up that case i can name ten cases where the spouses burnt themselves to death in a love marriage. What about the case of that IVD car dealer guy, who was dating that olosho blessing ceo, was that not a love marriage and the husband deemed it fit to burn the wife to death. The truth is if parents choose wife for their children, i am very sure most of these olosho guys will never smell marriage. most of the men marry these days because of big nyash.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Armaggedon: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Far more better than two clowns🀑 under the influence of "falling in love" emotion

Arrangee is better because people who are sober get to help you chose the best. It also ensure a mutual respect and absence of too much "see finish" syndrome. Again ladies who are highly recommended have a way of being prepared for the serious task of marriage. Those "lovey dovey" girls easily misunderstanding marriage as a bed of roses where they are entitled to endless happiness, love and attention.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Finestgurlie(f): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
Moh227:

grin grin grin

I just learnt a new trick.. time to put it to work on this stubborn girl in my neighborhood
where are you baby
quote me with your new moniker 😭😭
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by achimendy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
fxexperts:
you are right, but this is one of too many that worked. but compare statistics of love marriage and previously when parents used to arrange marriages for their children. we had less failed marriage then. if you bring up that case i can name ten cases where the spouses burnt themselves to death in a love marriage. What about the case of that IVD car dealer guy, who was dating that olosho blessing ceo, was that not a love marriage and the husband deemed it fit to burn the wife to death. The truth is if parents choose wife for their children, i am very sure most of these olosho guys will never smell marriage. most of the men marry these days because of big nyash.

Is a 50/50 thing bro.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
zoeymikey:
are you all of this?
How is it paining you?
Who did you give your virginity to wastefully and free?
ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by MySolace: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoboNogoDie:

Oga, na to carry your pain and frustration comot for my front o.
I want what I want and it's none of your business.
And if u must go to equity, u must go wit clean hands!

...I just told u my own business...

Na ur type dey rotti pass... U wan virgin.
U go pray make d woman wey get all diz qualities gree accept u. Abi u think say na only u dey choosy?

grin grin grin I even pity woman wey go dey with ur type grin grin grin because u go dey unnecessarily annoying. grin grin

Mr Wanter
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
MySolace:

And if u must go to equity, u must go wit clean hands!

...I just told u my own business...

Na ur type dey rotti pass... U wan virgin.
U go pray make d woman wey get all diz qualities gree accept u. Abi u think say na only u dey choosy?

grin grin grin I even pity woman wey go dey with ur type grin grin grin because u go dey unnecessarily annoying. grin grin

Mr Wanter
Lol
See frustrated low-life grin
You think everyone is a lowlife and will settle for crumbs, waste product and leftover grin
Just because you don't have morals and sexual integrity and will accept anything that comes your way, doesn't mean that's how everyone else operate grin
Again, carry your pains, frustration and regrets comot for my front cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesbian Wife / urg / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.