Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

How Is Life In Kaduna? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Is Life In Kaduna? (20053 Views)

Corper Grace Chalya Silas Stabbed To Death By Robbers While Jogging In Kaduna / Corps Member Dies In Kaduna (Photos) / Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by phemmyfour: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.
Na Kaduna them post me. I dey fear north. Pls any suggestions?
Fear North.

Kaduna and religion crisis is 5&6. Avoid trouble and maintain your lane to survive there
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by onadana: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revolution2022:
No wear NYSC uniform Waka pass where Fulani extremist gather make them no stone you.

That is not true in Kaduna....Will you keep kwayet.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Crocksboy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
You might not go back to your State after serving in CrockCity (GARIN GWAMNA) KADUNA. Except if you're posted to some remote village for your PPA
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
amojis:
I'm in Kaduna right now reading all the comments and it's baffling how people just judge a place from afar.

In as much as the security situation in some areas (about 2 local govts) are giving the whole state a bad reputation, it's a good place to serve, stay and eventually reside.

I'm not from the north by the way. I worked my wife's redeployment to KD before we got married. She did her camp in the same Abuja road orientation camp and we are married and both working in Kaduna.

But what is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander!
Thanks bro. I'm eventually coming coming on Thursday. I've been to Kaduna b4. 2019 but is was base on NDA stuff. I was in Afaka camp and I no go out. U know nda stuffs of a thing sha

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by aikyg(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
BadEnglish:
if u be beer or alcool person abeg redeploy, those hisba abi na hisbau no get sense.
If you want to drink, go to army barracks. Nobody go disturb you.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by mikmash(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Some of us from kd, are here to read your comments. Guy, you go enjoy KD. anywhere dem post you. The treat strangers homely.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by onadana: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Kaduna is home.No place like home.You are welcome to this wonderful city of enjoyment and nostalgia called Kaduna. We love it here.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by achorladey: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Most, even all (duka) of the corpers there are posted inside major town and cities. You hardly see corpers posted to remote areas of Kaduna except the indigene who decides to work in their own home town and enjoy the one year service with no hassle because them no go disturb am sef.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by NAC1666: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Run,run, bandits...
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by complexstuffs(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Kaduna is a beautiful city. Don't let bitter IPOB to poison your mind against the north

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by merits(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Nothing dey happen just calm down, with or without understand hausa language you will still enjoy Best of luck in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Elidixran: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Ok sir. Thanks. Hope them won't give us Rural areas for our PPA?
Na there problem dey

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dozie32(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
I served in Kaduna during my years of NYSC.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by jmoore(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

What can I do sir? How can I apply for redeployment without going to camp?

My sister was posted to Kaduna. She applied for redeployment was redeployed to Ebonyi.
I think you have to be in Kaduna first before applying for redeployment.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dozie32:
I served in Kaduna during my years of NYSC.
How was it sir?
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by ResidentSnitch(f): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:

Most of those people talking don't know anything about Kaduna. In their myopic mind Kaduna state is only Kaduna north and Kaduna south. Bunch of olodo.

Kaduna is a big state and the two Kaduna LGAs make up just a small percentage of Kadauna state's landmass. There are many towns and LGAs in Kaduna.

I have visited Kaduna state and I can easily tell you that it's a safe state. Those Igbo people saying crap about Kaduna state have siblings there doing business in both north and south Kaduna town. So why the hate?

The Yoruba population there is overwhelming. So if you're Yoruba you might not miss home much.
. Why can't you make your comment without mentioning Igbos, you this druggie follower? Is this a curse on you people or what? What sort of obsession is this?

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
jmoore:

My sister was posted to Kaduna. She applied for redeployment was redeployed to Ebonyi.
I think you have to be in Kaduna first before applying for redeployment.
Ok sir.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by dondodo: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'm scared of that place
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Shamillionaire(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Guy forget all the jargons some remote fish will tell you here. Kaduna is a nice place to serve, all the insecurity happen in remote areas which I believe NYSC will not post you there believe me you will enjoy Kaduna. The camp moved Temporarily to Gov't College Kurmin Mashi just a stone throw from gov't House.

I was afraid just like you when i was posted to Abia. I heard alot of naysay, about IPOB killing Hausas about canibalism in Isiala-Ngwa but it doesn't weigh me down i embark to Abia Umunna Bende. The rest become history I served in Ibeku High School I refuse to relocate I use that chance to visit all the local gov't in Abia I also visit Ebonyi, Anambra and Imo. Abia become my second home.

WELCOME TO KADUNA BROTHER

3 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dozie32(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

How was it sir?

Very much lovely and sharp, as at then. Don't know about now. I served at a place called Makarfi. The former governor is from there. Ahmed Makarfi.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by israelmao(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kaduna is not as bad as most people paint the picture about it.Don't be afraid you're safe.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Asinini: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Am going to share my thoughts as someone with first hand experience of kaduna.
Am originally from Benue state but born & breed in kaduna, am also a corp member currently serving in Imo state.
To be frank, the state actually experienced security challenges under the past administration of El-rufai, Never the less Sanity has been restored.
As it is, you have nothing to fear. you will definitely enjoy ur service year over there of which am certain that you might have a rethink of staying there or going back to your place after service.
Cost of living in terms of food, housing and transportation is relatively cheap compared to what is obtainable in other region of the country.
Mind you that kaduna North is predominantly Muslims while the south is predominantly christians but as it is with every region, learn to respect the tradition & culture of the host community you posted to serve.
On this note, i will urge you to forgo of your fears for life is an adventure to be experienced, wishing you the very best of your service year with love..
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
BadEnglish:
if u be beer or alcool person abeg redeploy, those hisba abi na hisbau no get sense.

Kaduna no be Kano o, you are free to enjoy your drinks.

If you don come Kaduna, I sure say you go know better than this.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revolution2022:
No wear NYSC uniform Waka pass where Fulani extremist gather make them no stone you.

My oga, please which part of Kaduna do you reside or you have visited before.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by wrongman665(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Teetee777:
Kaduna is a very good place to serve but stay in Kaduna city, don't go to southern Kaduna, and you must be very careful
we are safe in southern kaduna

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Iyanda13(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ogbeni koshi danu. Kaduna make sense joor, i serve in KADUNA an still base for Der...
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by worldclass68(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Served in Kaduna mine was black gold camp, learnt they moved the camp to city center for security reasons... u will surely enjoy it...

Tips....try to engage in one or two activities ( Band, red cross, Man o war etc) in camp so u will get better PPA.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Imert: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Stay in ur village and serve, or tell nysc to give u exemption/discharge certificate u over aged f*ken dude.

we are not inviting anyone to come to KADUNA.

I repeat, stay in ur village.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by sirchim(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Kaduna is ok, you'll enjoy it.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dubetex96(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
bro carry your bag enter the next luxury u go enjoy North walahi see during my own time i was posted to zamfara that was 2021 lmoa fear catch me ooo but I later man up and decided to do my service in that state guess what up till today I still dey visit that place up till today.
I'm a southern guy
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Brownshoe: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Well,kaduna is cool.

Netflix corpers package 📦

Enjoy your movies with just💬💬💥 900naira( a month)

Don't let Gotv/Dstv show you old nonsense movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NYSC Redeployment / "Kebbi State B15" Lets Meet Here / 5 NYSC Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.