Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

How Is Life In Kaduna? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Is Life In Kaduna? (20252 Views)

Corper Grace Chalya Silas Stabbed To Death By Robbers While Jogging In Kaduna / Corps Member Dies In Kaduna (Photos) / Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Babastrong(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=saintbillion post=125099162]
Boss be seriou na. I dey reason make I no go seriously. Even bible say FEAR NORTH.[you
will
enjoy
kaduna,
i
bet
you
sure.]
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Probz(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Kaduna is ok, you'll enjoy it.

I doubt it.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Enugupikin: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
Akexstinger:
I moved from lagos in August 2019 to Kaduna and spent over 3 years In kaduna. I moved back to lagos November 2022. The 4 years plus I spent in Kaduna was just too sweet. I was able to save more money , cheap houses that are very clean , sane environment , clubbing etc.
Mind you, I left for kaduna in the middle of high Kidnapping and insecurity . My company was along the express way “Olam” where the kidnapping was taking place, but I decided to relocate to kaduna despite the fact that I was aware.
Within 3 years , I got my PGD and masters in Kaduna and was able to save money. Something that I couldn’t do while in lagos because of stress and the confused life ( 2016 to 2019).
In 2022, immediately after my masters, I got a bigger job in lagos and had to leave kaduna to lagos . I still had to retain my apartment in kaduna. I still visit kaduna all the time because of the ambience and I am yet to relocate my loads back to lagos . I will be in Kaduna next week just to cool my head.
Kaduna is sweet and you will not regret it except for those who fastlane life like me and would want the lagos life .
You were just lucky not getting killed or kidnapped in that route
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Evestar200(f): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.
Na Kaduna them post me. I dey fear north. Pls any suggestions?
Kaduna is a nice place and you will enjoy it, I served in Kaduna (Kaduna North LGA) my friends serve in Igbadi and Chikun LGAs and we all enjoyed our services year in Kaduna.

We stayed when more than 800 people relocated and is the best decision we ever took because now most of us that return to our various states after service are regretting it.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Evestar200(f): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Saladdin:

You should have asked for his religion before making recommendations. And I heard you mentioning Sabo? Really? The same Sabo that you dare not stroll at night with your phone?

@Op, Kaduna is a lovely place to be. It's one of the melting pots we have in Nigeria. If you are posted to the city, do well to stay in mixed areas spanning from Barnawa, Constitution Road, Kigo New Extension, Shooting range, Trikania, Mando etc. You'll have a wholesome experience.
Which of the Sabo because I do carry my Two phones in night in Sabo
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dybala11(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
bestman09:
Kaduna used to be the best northern city after Jos before all the madness started. Hell rufai and his gang made it unsafe but God will be with you and you will excel over there.

It's like someone being posted to Abia state from Ibadan or Kano. Everyone is apprehensive about everything now.
Nowhere in the country is truly safe right now, what we have is areas safer than the others. I served in Udi, Enugu State and my little experience made me to believe that the environment is safe. I've seen/heard quite a number of safety concerns after my service year before and after I left the area.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Babathanks(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.
Kaduna is a very nice place. I camp at black gold camp in kaduna and I was also born there also. But if you want to stay in kaduna, don’t stay in the Muslim dominated environment. Black gold camp is located in kurumanchi. It was in Sabon giya before but because of insecurity last two years they move it to kurumanchi
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MaryWorshipper(m): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Kaduna is highly insecure. Bandits are roaming free. Don't listen to anyone elling you otherwise
God, see comments of pipu dat have never been to the north not to talk of Kaduna advising. My brother, i am a Christian from Kaduna state and was born and brought up in Kaduna. I served in Rivers state 2012, i can boldly tell u if u come to Kaduna, is most likely u may never go back. Apart from d fact dat life is far more cheap n u will fine abundant igbos, yoruba, Niger Delta and different southerns n churches here, u will also realised the insecurity tinx is really not same tin as portray in d media. Kaduna is as save as places like, kogi, Benue, kwara, etc and maybe safer dan some south east states cux of ipob tin. A fren went to ibonyi fo 3 months mining training, wen he came back he told us how terrible d place is, cux he has never seen a fellow Christian (igbo) killing his fellow igbo in broad daylight till he went der. Dat here in KD is far better. Just try n com to camp n just see how d town is like. And d NYSC camp now is relocated to safer place around NDA. Just look fo a fellow igbo here in d north n tok to him instead of allowing som ignorant online advisers dat hav never gone to anywer in Nigeria apart from der comfort zone to deceive u. We are not perfect here, so is many places in Nigeria including urs. Some serve in south yet accident or rituals or something led dem to der early grave. Don't mine my typing or words. In hurry and i don't comment on nairaland. Just decided to do dis cux of d fact u are bin mislead. Almost all my lecturers in d University den A.B.U were igbo. Most retired n still biuld n stay in zaria. U guys should learn to travel. Social Media is not everything
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by DCONE1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kaduna is awesome, you should count yourself lucky
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MaryWorshipper(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Oga stop misleading pipu. Stop bin toxic. Gosh
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by DCONE1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Boss be seriou na. I dey reason make I no go seriously. Even bible say FEAR NORTH.
that guy has not left his area and he is telling you about another state, I stay in kaduna and the place is okey, transportation and cost of living is fine and it's safe
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MaryWorshipper(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Evestar200:
Which of the Sabo because I do carry my Two phones in night in Sabo
Abeg help me ask. Wich sabo. Sabo dat i stay to 1am in las vegas b4 going home far away to kudenda in middle of d nyt with my gadgets n everything intact? I dare not do dat wen i was serving in bori ogoni land back den

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by DCONE1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Kaduna is highly insecure. Bandits are roaming free. Don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise
You are in enugu , have you visited kaduna before? Haba
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Blackdisciple(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lolzzzz you shouldn't worry KD is fine ..
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by ultimateprof: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

I'm in Zaria to be precise and I can assure you that life is very cool and easy here.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by gabbyalaj(m): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
You have nothing to worry about, get posted within Kaduna town, you will enjoy it. I have been here all my life.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dennisbulkan: 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Boss be seriou na. I dey reason make I no go seriously. Even bible say FEAR NORTH.
No mind that idiot. I can bet my balls say the guy no go school sef. I served in the north, kebbi precisely. Respect your host, their way of life & their religion. Mind your business & be respectful & you will fall in love with the north. Cheap accommodation, food, transport, cheap everything compared to the south. In terms of security, I hail from the south & believe me brother I no get the liver wander around after 11pm until I go North. For kebbi state, 1 - 2 am me & my girl still dey walk around aimlessly without fear.
No let those hater wey never leave their village all their life deceive you. Do further research about the place you're going, have an open mind, shun prejudice & I wish you good luck
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by complexstuffs(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Babathanks:

Kaduna is a very nice place. I camp at black gold camp in kaduna and I was also born there also. But if you want to stay in kaduna, don’t stay in the Muslim dominated environment. Black gold camp is located in kurumanchi. It was in Sabon giya before but because of insecurity last two years they move it to kurumanchi

Yet the Muslim dominated areas are the safest because crime is lowest in those regions
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by imwaya(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
You'll enjoy Kaduna a lot. Try as much as possible to get posted within Kaduna metro or Sabon Gari LGAs.
splendournoni:
You will enjoy Kaduna very well just as you enjoy Lagos and the rest... where these attacks happen ate rural communities, where government don't have security presence there....

Trust me the chilling life and everything 😎
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by complexstuffs(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Why did you have to be lying in such an EVIL manner like this.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Evestar200(f): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
MaryWorshipper:

Abeg help me ask. Wich sabo. Sabo dat i stay to 1am in las vegas b4 going home far away to kudenda in middle of d nyt with my gadgets n everything intact? I dare not do dat wen i was serving in bori ogoni land back den
Don't mind most people with negative comments here.

The comments are negatively due to what hear people with hatred say about a particular place or person not that they have been there.

This Kaduna negative impression portrayed by people has taught me never to say anything negative about a place until have been there to see it myself.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kasdat5:
Hala me when you enter kd ..
Ok boss
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by BadEnglish(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lovenorth:

Kaduna is an Islamic State
shut up
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Richdee1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please how do I get to Bayelsa camp Oron from Lagos ( Iyana ipaja or Ogba)
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Enugupikin: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
complexstuffs:

Why did you have to be lying in such an EVIL manner like this.

You know what I'm writing is true, many have been kidnapped in that route and even killed. You were just lucky
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revolution2022:
I dey tells you.Dont let anyone deceived you that it is safe.Most of the killings are not reported.Just watch where you move to.
Dolts like you will never stop talking about what you don't know.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by ArticleBeast: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Even you know it is not possible, the difference between us and you people is that we travel and know what is on ground in places in Nigeria while dafts and never-do-well like you rely on social media

Asides bandits, is it the rate of criminals breaking into people's houses or the genocide in southern kaduna of which they could post him there

So shut up daft boy
I am from Delta state and moved to Kaduna. And I will beat my chest anywhere to say Kaduna is far better than Delta and anywhere in the South East
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by LONEWOLFJOHN: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Redeploy to Maiduguri, the place is nice, I attended University of maiduguri.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
LONEWOLFJOHN:
Redeploy to Maiduguri, the place is nice, I attended University of maiduguri.
Hehehehe. I'm complaining of Kaduna ur taking me to Maiduguri. No be there sambisa forest dey?

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post in one way or the other. I've made up my mind. KADUNA here I come. Maybe my dreams of finally becoming a soldier wants to actually manifest. I'll update this thread again about my stay in Kaduna
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by tukzee: 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
I stay in Kaduna, Kaduna town is very safe. Try and serve in Kaduna town, get accommodation in places like barnawa, sabo, narrayi, kakuri etc you will definitely enjoy serving in Kaduna
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by complexstuffs(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

You know what I'm writing is true, many have been kidnapped in that route and even killed. You were just lucky

IPOB and envy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Kebbi State B15" Lets Meet Here / Nysc Reschedules Date For Batch C Online Registration / Corper From Lagos State Dies In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.