Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,268 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

How Is Life In Kaduna? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Is Life In Kaduna? (20081 Views)

Corper Grace Chalya Silas Stabbed To Death By Robbers While Jogging In Kaduna / Corps Member Dies In Kaduna (Photos) / Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by complexstuffs(m): 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:

Most of those people talking don't know anything about Kaduna. In their myopic mind Kaduna state is only Kaduna north and Kaduna south. Bunch of olodo.

Kaduna is a big state and the two Kaduna LGAs make up just a small percentage of Kadauna state's landmass. There are many towns and LGAs in Kaduna.

I have visited Kaduna state and I can easily tell you that it's a safe state. Those Igbo people saying crap about Kaduna state have siblings there doing business in both north and south Kaduna town. So why the hate?

The Yoruba population there is overwhelming. So if you're Yoruba you might not miss home much.

cc: saintbillion:
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Lovenorth: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Kaduna is honestly one of the best among the retrogressing North... So long as you don't stray outside Kaduna metropolis. tongue

Then again... The chances of getting posted outside the capital remain high.
Imo or Anambra is better grin
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MaiGee01: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.
Na Kaduna them post me. I dey fear north. Pls any suggestions?
Am sure you will definitely enjoy your stay there. Most people get scared when they hear Kaduna but you will find out that its far from that. just try and avoid been posted to rural areas try and work your posting to the town.
All the best Bro.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by ufotty2001: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Na wa......

I was woken up by my banny's call this morning, sobbing and she told me she's gonna camp at Enugu........ She's never been there before..

So please nairalanders, anyone in Enugu whether for the NYSC stuff or an indigene, please how's the state generally?
I did my NYSC service at enugu. As at that time no unknown gun men
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Enugupikin: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Learn to shut up when you don’t know what to say. Kaduna is better than the entire South East
Even you know it is not possible, the difference between us and you people is that we travel and know what is on ground in places in Nigeria while dafts and never-do-well like you rely on social media

Asides bandits, is it the rate of criminals breaking into people's houses or the genocide in southern kaduna of which they could post him there

So shut up daft boy
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Lovenorth: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
BadEnglish:
if u be beer or alcool person abeg redeploy, those hisba abi na hisbau no get sense.
Kaduna is an Islamic State
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Angelfrost(m): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lovenorth:

Imo or Anambra is better grin

Same thing applies in the Southeast currently, I'm afraid. tongue
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by KaptainAfrika: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dem dey fk wella for this Kaduna, just know where and when to make your moves.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Cheaby(f): 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kaduna is safe, try as much as possible to be in kd town trust me you’ll love it there.just be at the right place at the right time.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Saladdin: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
adeiza4u:

This was me in 2019 when I got posted to kaduna. It was like death sentence. But I prayed, consulted and moved on. And here's me still balling in KD after NYSC. Thing is, pray about it and put all fear behind you, except God is telling you not to go.
Also, make sure you serve in the city, Christian dominated areas preferably like Sabo, Barnawa, Television, Samrada or Romi New Extension. Trikania is better too. Live in any of these places, and you'll only hear of evil activities as if you're in other State. Above all, let God guide you bro.

You should have asked for his religion before making recommendations. And I heard you mentioning Sabo? Really? The same Sabo that you dare not stroll at night with your phone?

@Op, Kaduna is a lovely place to be. It's one of the melting pots we have in Nigeria. If you are posted to the city, do well to stay in mixed areas spanning from Barnawa, Constitution Road, Kigo New Extension, Shooting range, Trikania, Mando etc. You'll have a wholesome experience.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Typing: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Thanks. Omo I've been really sad.

Kaduna is safer than many States in the South.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Kasdat5(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hala me when you enter kd ..
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by adeiza4u(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Saladdin:

You should have asked for his religion before making recommendations. And I heard you mentioning Sabo? Really? The same Sabo that you dare not stroll at night with your phone?

@Op, Kaduna is a lovely place to be. It's one of the melting pots we have in Nigeria. If you are posted to the city, do well to stay in mixed areas spanning from Barnawa, Constitution Road, Kigo New Extension, Shooting range, Trikania, Mando etc. You'll have a wholesome experience.
I'm not sure that should bother you, I didn't ask about his religion since you aren't the one in the picture. I made my submission about what worked for me: a personal experience. You can as well make yours, and face front. No need quoting me to fault my submission.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MisfitHPG: 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:

Boss be seriou na. I dey reason make I no go seriously. Even bible say FEAR NORTH.
kaduna is really great,I've spent all my life here,it's not how you people outside the north project it,it's really safe in 98% of the areas even the 2% danger zones are relatively quiet and they wont even post you to those areas sef,The capital is better than anything you guys have sef..
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Nairas2dollars: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, woke up this morning and I heard the printing of NYSC call up letter is on going. I rush to the site, key in my login details, and click on call up letter. Boom what I saw silent my joy.
If you are promiscuous, like you love women and sex, please to go to Kaduna. They won't allow you to have any affair with their women, I was nearly killed there because I was having an affair with one beautiful arewa damsel. Thanks to Ahlaji Musa would shouted in their language that I was a novicrs and new doctor posted to the medical centre. I immediately left the state after the incident.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by thinkmoney(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revolution2022:
I dey tells you.Dont let anyone deceived you that it is safe.Most of the killings are not reported.Just watch where you move to.
Ask this terrible reporter where he has been to in Kaduna.
Kaduna is safe dear. It is the southern Christian rural places (villages in the bushes) that have occasions of attacks ones in a while. Generally however, Kaduna is very safe and lively
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dybala85(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
Are you in kaduna? You Dey another state Dey talk rubbish
Enugupikin:

Kaduna is highly insecure. Bandits are roaming free. Don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by bdon123(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
saintbillion:
U are fcking lucky.u will tank me later.Dont let dem post u anywhere towards kaduna north becos groove no dey there.make sure ur posting is towards chikun LGA or kaduna south LGA

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dybala85(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Bro. I stay in Kaduna. Kaduna is safe. It your choice to choose o. When you finish you go testify. Jsyk I’m a Christian. Internet news fit don wash your head but kaduna is safe and cool. You will spend less. Kaduna safe pass Lagos. Take it or take it 👌🏾
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by bdon123(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
Saladdin:

Even if his a muslim,he will groove n enjoy d christian dominated areas in peace,nobody attacks anyone there.goto clubs in kaduna south n see Muslims flexing n enjoying life.nobody send u there.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Profitsystemx10: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kaduna is chill, you’ll enjoy your service there. No reason am.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Dammysmart: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please can i swnd a pm sir??
amojis:
I'm in Kaduna right now reading all the comments and it's baffling how people just judge a place from afar.

In as much as the security situation in some areas (about 2 local govts) are giving the whole state a bad reputation, it's a good place to serve, stay and eventually reside.

I'm not from the north by the way. I worked my wife's redeployment to KD before we got married. She did her camp in the same Abuja road orientation camp and we are married and both working in Kaduna.

But what is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander!
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by haweezee: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kaduna is my town....come into it prayerfully and you will enjoy yourself, is a beautiful city.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Pnwokonna80:

Bro I'm also from Abia and served in KADUNA. If they can post u in chikun local government. Try and get command secondary school. U will enjoy it
Wow. Thanks bro
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by CaptainAyub: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kilamba612:

Kaduna is cool and nice place to a life.

1- on Fridays avoid moving around from 12pm to 2:30pm take this advice serious

2- make sure if you coming make up ur mind that you are not going most especially if you are able to secure a average paying job.

3- best weather is during raining season, you can experience no sun for like 7 days

4- try to secure accommodation from stadium roundabout down to abuja junction. Am not saying the North part is not good, I have my reasons.

5- there is still some religion intolerance in kaduna but is manageable.

Above all you, kaduna is a place to be. Thanks
Number one grin grin
When I travelled to the north d 1st time,na 1st thing the first thing them warn me be that.
Say boko haram de like open fire or throw bomb during friday prayers because them believe say anybody wey dey outside by then na infidel.
2:Their normal riots usually start with Friday prayers😀
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by mrnate: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you're in the capital, you're ok. Elsewhere na God hand you de.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by saintbillion(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
complexstuffs:

cc: saintbillion:
Omo I see am
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by MrsTwrite(f): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
My dear, prevention is better than cure. Kindly redeploy to another state.
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Ikemba007: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enugupikin:

Kaduna is highly insecure. Bandits are roaming free. Don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise

Do you live in Kaduna? Where please?
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Afamed: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
hashtagged:
Not just how's life, how's life for the Christians there.

I heard it's not safe for Christians. Expecially during sallah and other Muslim holidays

Are you sure you are a graduate with this kind of information you are posting here?
Re: How Is Life In Kaduna? by Akexstinger(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
I moved from lagos in August 2019 to Kaduna and spent over 3 years In kaduna. I moved back to lagos November 2022. The 4 years plus I spent in Kaduna was just too sweet. I was able to save more money , cheap houses that are very clean , sane environment , clubbing etc.
Mind you, I left for kaduna in the middle of high Kidnapping and insecurity . My company was along the express way “Olam” where the kidnapping was taking place, but I decided to relocate to kaduna despite the fact that I was aware.
Within 3 years , I got my PGD and masters in Kaduna and was able to save money. Something that I couldn’t do while in lagos because of stress and the confused life ( 2016 to 2019).
In 2022, immediately after my masters, I got a bigger job in lagos and had to leave kaduna to lagos . I still had to retain my apartment in kaduna. I still visit kaduna all the time because of the ambience and I am yet to relocate my loads back to lagos . I will be in Kaduna next week just to cool my head.
Kaduna is sweet and you will not regret it except for those who fastlane life like me and would want the lagos life .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NYSC Redeployment / "Kebbi State B15" Lets Meet Here / 5 NYSC Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.