Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol (50229 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nolevel666:
I didn’t even bother to read it before writing this.

To be a Nigerian is truly a big mistake.

grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Goodman2023:

And what will you do if Tinubu confirm the news ?... Since when una start to wait for confirmation before attacking ?... your mumu no dey expire ?
This speaks volume about why I call you people empty and gullible. If you aren't empty and gullible, you wouldn't ask that question.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by victorVIC1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
I believe that those who benefited from the subsidy regime are holding this nation to ransom.

Not necessarily the case. Removal of oil subsidy without operational refineries and constant power supply will always backfire. To make matter worse, marketers are now importing refined oil at an outrageous exchange rate. The increased landing cost resulting from this will further be charged to the pump price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by abbey621(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Don't be a coward......Nigerians would thank you in the long run, don't go back to subsidizing nonsense! Use the money saved and build refineries for God's sake! Build the damn thing!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by stacyadams: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.
grin cheesy na them

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by tolue42(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo

You are oloriburuku omo ale

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by YouAreNobody: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
I believe that those who benefited from the subsidy regime are holding this nation to ransom.
Shattap dia!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jomonix:

Temporary subsidy on petroleum is not the way to go. Government should try and sanitize the purchase and supply chain associated with the diesel and PMS business. The inherent corruption should be addressed

We said it when he removed subsidy instead of facing and fighting corruption that whatever he saved from the subsidy removal will still end up in some administrators' accounts

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Redhot0007: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kindergarten president otilo!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lesbiconverter: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.
All in bold makes stupider than your role model mismanaging the post he stole by rigging and racketeering. It will surely end in tears for him and his supporters
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by surgical: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:
The good thing about eating one's words is that it doesn't make one fat.

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu should go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give the big picture advantage.

My brother I have issues with most of these economist ,watch them on telly you will notice how empty they are, they will just be regurgitating text book theories which they have not put in context or validated, they are the ones that mislead Tinubu, during buhari regime this text book economist were shouting upandown, remove subsidy, it is not sustainable, float the naira,without giving a deep thought to the consequences since nobody including the press challenged them then,Tinubu thought that's a solution and his courage pushed him to adopt it and here we are now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by YouAreNobody: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
We are not astonished by you people's comment.

You were wailing and bullying people before APC primaries, Waling and bullying before general elections, Wailing , foaming in the mouth after elections.

All of you will continue to wail, foam in the mouths and develop HBP forever and ever grin grin grin

Wail on people
hahahahaha....the amusing thing is that we're wailing but it's your people who have been protesting about the hardship. The first protest about suffering was in which region? No be una South West? The second one was where? No be North?

Keep being stupid, it's your god-given right to be stupid and absolutely no one can take that right away from you

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by SALIMAN(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
He had taught the subsidy is just a fast removal

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
lesbiconverter:
All in bold makes stupider than your role model mismanaging the post he stole by rigging and racketeering. It will surely end in tears for him and his supporters
Lmao. All of you are delusional.

Why will I be arguing with empty and gullible people that claim 25% in FCT is a mandatory requirement. grin

Una just Mumu finish grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by stacyadams: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
YouAreNobody:

hahahahaha....the amusing thing is that we're wailing but it's your people who have been protesting about the hardship. The first protest about suffering was in which region? No be una South West? The second one was where? No be North?

Keep being stupid, it's your god-given right to be stupid and absolutely no one can take that right away from you

cheesy angry
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by maasoap(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
abbey621:
Don't be a coward...... Nigerians would thank you in the long run, don't go back to subsidizing nonsense! Use the money saved and build refineries for God's sake! Build the damn thing!

Nigerians will soon lynch him. Petrol price will surpass 1000 naira in three months to come if naira continues to fall and crude oil price continues to rise which is most likely
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by YouAreNobody: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
abbey621:
Don't be a coward......Nigerians would thank you in the long run, don't go back to subsidizing nonsense! Use the money saved and build refineries for God's sake! Build the damn thing!
Honestly, sometimes I wonder the kinda brain you people seem to have. During Buhari's APC tenure, billions of dollars was allocated for turn-around maintenance of the refineries but what became of it?
The same thieving APC is still in power, with a bigger thief at the helm of affairs and you guys are still expecting changes. Who do una this thing?

Let me ask you, if you were the president would you remove subsidy at a go?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by MatrixCircle: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Listening to Bob Marley song: one step forward two step backwards grin grin ;. one step forward two step backwards grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Listen to yourself. Una too Mumu.

People are allowed to complain about hardship.

The same way a child would think his Father hates him because the Father deprived him certain things.

Let hate leave your mind and be objective for once. But if you decide to choose hate, hate on, wail on and develop HBP. We won't miss you
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by praz001(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigYash:
God gives free will,he doesn’t force people like that bro

Only in the area of salvation. Even at that he still does force some to come to him, while rejecting some...

We pray he touches their heart. The hardship outside is hell....
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lesbiconverter: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Lmao. All of you are delusional.

Why will I be arguing with empty and gullible people that claim 25% in FCT is a mandatory requirement. grin

Una just Mumu finish grin
you're making it worse. Just rest 😂

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by transient123(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Just yesterday, I was just thinking on my own that with the way things are going, there is no way subsidy won't be reintroduced. At least on an interim basis.

For those olodos foaming in the mouth and shouting Obi would have done it better the same way he transformed Anambra to Dubai, I really want to know what he would have done , we want to learn.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by gbengene1234(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
I thought baba said PMS Subsidy is gone for good? I wonder what the new cost will now be like after the serious hike on dollar. I guess he finally got to see the serious protest that was about to hit his administration
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by eldoradoxx: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
By not building refineries or maintaining any of the government local refineries ?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by BigYash: 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
praz001:

Only in the area of salvation. Even at that he still does force some to come to him, while rejecting some...

We pray he touches their heart. The hardship outside is hell....
Let’s hope so.. Even the rich are crying now o,except for Tinubu supporters that enjoying his government .. Suffering is what they enjoy
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by YouAreNobody: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Listen to yourself. Una too Mumu.

People are allowed to complain about hardship.

The same way a child would think his Father hates him because the Father deprived him certain things.

Let hate leave your mind and be objective for once. But if you decide to choose hate, hate on, wail on and develop HBP. We won't miss you

ok nah, keep "complaining" about hardship while your senators share billions. Just imagine the analogy you're using to justify your crass stupidity. A so-called president doing trial-and-error while fools hail him. useless bunch

Admit the fact that you're supporting ebola because he's your tribesman, then we'll find a way to cure you of your foolishness.

Anyways wetin concern me, na una dey suffer am

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Antoeni(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Can this government for once do something for the people instead of talking so much about policies ?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by maasoap(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
The same excuse that was used to get subsidy removed. Now subsidy was removed and economy is going haywire due hyper inflation and you're still blaming the same imaginary subsidy cabals

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Juanmike(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo
Do you like erected penis?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by maasoap(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
Igboslayer:
Best way to remove subsidy is in phases. Remove certain percentage quarterly and use the money gained for all to see. Removing all at once is like drowning a child because you want him to own a swimming pool. He may not live to swim in it

Diesel recently came down to 650 naira but Tinubu introduced 7.5% VAT and diesel has gone up to 950 naira now!
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by maasoap(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
jackcanfield:
I honestly don't know the way out, you remove subsidy smuggling will start, you leave subsidy the western nations would use your economy as tooth pick to remove meat ... The only problem I see here is lack of planning and strategy ... and sadly Nigerian are natural crooks... No matter how hard you try to straighten things, they will always break the checks and systems.

Round tripping is back in full force with forex

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Mrtaye: 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Are the subsidy cabal going to win..
It's not about subsidy cabal just make sure the refineries are working and production is flowing be it regular or modular refineries then after which you can think of subsidy removal and by that time Nigerians won't be affected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Sokoto To Support Atiku For Campaign. Photos / Couple Wear IPOB Attire At Their Wedding In Owerri (Photos) / Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.