Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? (19766 Views)

Xmas: No Relationship Starts In November, Protect Your Wallet - Lady Tells Men / Top Sex Positions That Can Increase Your Butt Size - Officially For Ladies / Does Dating A 17 Year Old Makes Me A Pedophile ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by PAQ(m): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:
After seeing this topic -https://www.nairaland.com/7803848/leave-good-woman-man-because -
I decided to ask when does "We are dating" officially starts in a relationship..

Assuming a guy exchange number with a girl on Friday, they began chatting, on Friday the following week, they met for lunch...

Fast forward to a month later, the guy discovered that Tuesday before the Friday they met for lunch, the girl had sex with a frnd..

Can the guy claim the girl cheated while they were dating??

I'm confused here ..

Its official the moment the guy declares his intention to court/ date the lady and the lady in return accepts his proposal.

Its not official if he just chats, takes her out to lunch and in some cases even bang without stating his intentions. A fling should not be mistaken for a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by pcagbaji(m): 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Giving your number to a guy doesn't equates to dating na.
The dating starts immediately you agree to his toasting, that's what I'm saying.
Which one be his toasting
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Uniquekriss(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
If there was a formal proposal/request then then dating starts when the requestee gives a positive affirmation and then they become unofficially answerable to each other depending on the basis of the relationship, if there was no formal request, maybe by just normal neighbour stuff, talking friends vibes and the "let's see how it goes" type, then dating or relationship starts from when they kn*ck, except on the grounds that they've agreed to do a no sex relationship which is clearly spelt out and relationship mode defined
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Tymk: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

You viewing and commenting...what will we call you
your master
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by pcagbaji(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

I doubt... Coz according to you, after sex comes official dating status... Then what about "No sex till marriage"... that one mean say after marriage comes dating grin
It may be right for some people maybe the religious type but not for everyone
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by nextstep(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
The moment you find yourself having to listen to her talk about things irrelevant to you. grin
Or she want to start redecorating your humble bachelor pad or making you buy plates you don't need. That's when I knew I entered one chance, sorry, relationship. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by gregng(m): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Its high time we differentiate the below meaning

Friends... (no cheat exist here)
Friendship... (no cheating exist here)
Dating...( no cheating exist here
Relationship...(no cheating here)
Courtship... (cheating exist here)
Marriage.... (cheating exist here)

Thats my view...
Thats i agreed to date u doesn't mean u own my life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Hisimperialmaje(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
A relationship starts officially after sex. Thats when cheating can happen

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by talented321: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Just le them be babe' the dragging is too much.
Puss360:

Wahala...
Customer no be fight na... Be calming down grin grin
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by InvertedHammer: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:
After seeing this topic -https://www.nairaland.com/7803848/leave-good-woman-man-because -
I decided to ask when does "We are dating" officially starts in a relationship..

Assuming a guy exchange number with a girl on Friday, they began chatting, on Friday the following week, they met for lunch...

Fast forward to a month later, the guy discovered that Tuesday before the Friday they met for lunch, the girl had sex with a frnd..

I'm confused here ..
/
So this economic hardship never reach ya side wey you get time dey reason relation matter. May be na parents still dey feed you.

/

2 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Dshocker(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Surely as a single girl without commitment, some girls have male FWB...
Then when she has a serious guy in her life, she'll end all commitment and focus....

"Immediately she agrees to his love request".. how?
Some guys that'll see you on the road and begin to shower you with love talk so how will we know the original love?

Abi once a guy collect your number, you are now dating? If I collect another guy number the next day nko?

The very first dey he takes you out, and you eat his money.
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by SageWithSarcasm(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

If it's me nko? Should I kill myself?
Course not..... Na d guy lose if that happen. Tho everything na based on settlement lobatan
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Atlantis585: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
After you have climbed that Mount Sinai and come down grin
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by bonnyhope: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Okay... But I can't follow such guys

I wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by deltateam: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Ooho... Some guys don't know that one o...
After one lunch, they believe I have agree to toasting..

Poverty alleviation program. Your own is to look for who will buy you lunch.
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by jonsn: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

I'm confused here ..

I have another question.
When is the official time to poop in the toilet?
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by IbroMaka(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

I've had the unfortunate encounter of my life happen like dis....
Mine sef was birthday...
Met two weeks before my birthday, we began chatting, so I decided to use my birthday to meet..
Lol, we went shopping o, we ate...he really spent sha...
It was December...
January came, new year resolution, I decided to cut off, lol he became angry...oo..
Said many things, I couldn't recall, but he mentioned the birthday outing..
But we weren't dating, I told him...

So Nigerians guys has this "I spend on you, you are mine" mentality

You be theif

Why chop hin money wen u no wan date am?

Men don turn una maga abi?
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by MountHoreb: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Mine sef was birthday...
Met two weeks before my birthday, we began chatting, so I decided to use my birthday to meet..
It was December...
January came, new year resolution, I decided to cut off, lol he became angry...oo..

Why didn't you choose another day to meet with him? Must it be on your birthday? You just wanted him to shower you with birthday gifts and ghost him later. You just wanted to collect the birthday gifts QED. If he had postponed the meeting to another day, believe me that you will be very angry and tag him an unserious fellow.

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Wisdom2003: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
E get why.

Puss360:

Surely as a single girl without commitment, some girls have male FWB...
Then when she has a serious guy in her life, she'll end all commitment and focus....

"Immediately she agrees to his love request".. how?
Some guys that'll see you on the road and begin to shower you with love talk so how will we know the original love?

Abi once a guy collect your number, you are now dating? If I collect another guy number the next day nko?

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by talented321: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360 ' there is nothing like dating without sex'
The mouth is just a mutual agreement and it is only sex that will fulfil everything.
I don't take a girl i have never bleep as my babe not matter the agreement.
Sha everybody has different reasoning
IconicR:
Giving your number to a guy doesn't equates to dating na.
The dating starts immediately you agree to his toasting, that's what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Silentgroper(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Mine sef was birthday...
It was December...

So why did you let him spend on you when you know it was heading anywhere ...

There's this girl I used to know ...

she no dey ever collect something from guys even down to very expensive things..she would reject it cause she believes if she's having nothing to do with you she doesn't need to be accepting any of your gift ...

One time one niqqa bought a phone .. some Xperia phone ... Omo baby gyal reject the thing oo .. me sef shock xay na so she mean the thing ..

I was even the one trying to talk her into accepting it .. I say if she no want make she give me but make she fess collect am fess..

She no gree oo ...

Girls like her understands niqqaz ... you reject their , it makes it easier for you to say no and no means no ..

but him dey buy you this and that ,you dey open and collect whilst knowing say Una two no fit gree dey do lovers .. you con say no finish dey expect make guyman dey waka like mumu comot ...

Tah, aunty na from you body I go chop my money back oo ...

if you no fit give love ,you sha fit give pussy..

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Dreadlock69(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Dating does not mean mating, Dating is a specific period in a relationship for data and information gathering, during dating sex shouldn't be the priority because if he already discovers the innermost parts of your body, knows all of your emotions and has already played with you as much as he wanted during the dating period, he has nothing left pushing him to marry you because he has already married you while dating you, be his mystery during dating and not his history, and let him discover you in the marital bed when married tongue

Dustbin
Lawma come carry this dirty talk😁
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Devil1Messenger: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Wahala...
Customer no be fight na... Be calming down grin grin
🤣🤣
Y u go go dey share ur pussy with different dick
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by talented321: 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
And u are not ashame to eat the yeye lunch. Just package urself men will respect u. Imagine someone taking advantage of u because of ordinary food or 5k
IconicR:
That is their own cup of tea
How would you just assume you are dating someone just because of one yeye lunch.
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Silentgroper(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
That's his loss because you never agreed to his request, he was the one assuming things

So it wasn't hard to say no to his advances ..

but was hard to say no to chopping his money ...

Dey play na
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Silentgroper(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
nextstep:
The moment you find yourself having to listen to her talk about things irrelevant to you. grin
Or she want to start redecorating your humble bachelor pad or making you buy plates you don't need. That's when I knew I entered one chance, sorry, relationship. wink
or the very moment she start discussing her period with you in glaring details
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by TheMaharajah: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Immediately they start kini kon kini kon
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by AngelicBeing: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dreadlock69:

I am a Dustbin
Lawma come carry me and dump me in the trash 😁
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Kizzygentle: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Mine sef was birthday...
It was December...

You must be selfish and greedy and evil.. Why accept his gifts and aklow him spend on you knowing his intentions just because u wanted to brag with your friends about your birthday. After new year, u now decided to cut off after spending his hard earned money.. That's why I don't feel sorry when guys use u to do rituals..

2 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Kizzygentle: 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
That's his loss because you never agreed to his request, he was the one assuming things
Reason I don't feel sorry when guys use u to do rituals.. You are all evil and wicked..
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by MrBroke(m): 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
We have something when I fvck you. We have nothing prior to that. I don't do friends with females, it doesn't work cause we definitely going to fvck except we far off

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Attitude Of Girls When Is Their First Time Having Sex With A New Boyfriend (18+) / Nigeria; States With The Highest Gay Population By Google Index. / Would You Marry Your Age Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.