Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice (9283 Views)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / The Perfect Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by emmy512: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:
Good morning family, I never felt the need to do this, it's not like I don't know what else to do. I just need your opinion.
Am currently a Branch manager of one of the biggest indigenous retail company (supermarket) in the country. Some group of Indian investor bought over my company... And I was transferred to Abakaliki to open our new branch. my relationship with the new owners I won't lie, is great..
My net monthly salary now is 110k, I have an official car and I live in the company's quarters.
There's no hope for salary increment. In the next 10 years am not sure of getting to 200k. My fiancee is in pH, and we are hoping to get married by next year.. this places a lot of demand to increase my income so I can afford to take care of my family.

However, I have an offer with another retail company in pH with salary of 200k. The company has promised and increment upon my confirmation. I went for the interview yesterday.. when they saw my experience and everything in my CV they became anxious to bring me in... So they asked how much am expecting I told them 200-250k and they settle at 200k. Right they, the chairman asked HR to give me offer letter and that I should start with immediate effect. My pain now is that,
First ; according to the HR their budget for the position was 300k.. now I've short change my self.. I feel so bad.

Secondly; I don't know how to present this to my MD, how do I tell them am leaving.. and the notice seems short. As I met him yesterday with a lot of expectations and target from me, just don't know how to communicate it to him. How I wish they can offer me this amount. Is two weeks enough to do handing over...
Take that photo down ,

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Tom1960: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2023
Follow the notice period of your company or any other alternatives as stipulated by their exit policy.
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Davinity: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2023
Depends on the nature of your contract
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by yewit37486: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:
Good morning family, I never felt the need to do this, it's not like I don't know what else to do. I just need your opinion.

Why are you uploading the offer letter with all your details visible on it? I would advise you edit to blur some info or just remove it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Kajaard: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Paulyaweh:
Mods please take down this post before this guy will lose his job and any employment opportunities

The op is extremely daft. I have never seen someone that doesn’t use his brains like the op.

How can you put your offer letter on a public Internet forum? SMH 🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by yewit37486: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
ecolime:

Remove the picture, offer letter is meant to be private... Don't be naive

If I were his employer and saw this online, I would rescind that offer because if he can't keep his own personal info private, then company info wouldn't be safe either.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by rickleye: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:
Am currently a Branch manager of one of the biggest indigenous retail company (supermarket) in the country. Some group of Indian investor bought over my company... And I was transferred to Abakaliki to open our new branch. my relationship with the new owners I won't lie, is great..
My net monthly salary now is 110k, I have an official car and I live in the company's quarters.
There's no hope for salary increment. In the next 10 years am not sure of getting to 200k. My fiancee is in pH, and we are hoping to get married by next year.. this places a lot of demand to increase my income so I can afford to take care of my family.

However, I have an offer with another retail company in pH with salary of 200k. The company has promised and increment upon my confirmation. I went for the interview yesterday.. when they saw my experience and everything in my CV they became anxious to bring me in... So they asked how much am expecting I told them 200-250k and they settle at 200k. Right they, the chairman asked HR to give me offer letter and that I should start with immediate effect. My pain now is that,
First ; according to the HR their budget for the position was 300k.. now I've short change my self.. I feel so bad.

Secondly; I don't know how to present this to my MD, how do I tell them am leaving.. and the notice seems short. As I met him yesterday with a lot of expectations and target from me, just don't know how to communicate it to him. How I wish they can offer me this amount. Is two weeks enough to do handing over...

Congratulations.!

You have to ask your new company for 2 weeks notice. To transfer all tasks to whomever would be taking over from you . If the new company would not accept.( weird that they would not , but if they don’t )

I’ll have go the existing employer and inform them that I have gotten an offer of employment for double my existing salary . Due to economic circumstances, it’s not something you can afford to ignore. But that I have to leave immediately. If they value you they would at least match it . If not they may just let you go as you have demanded.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by rickleye: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:

DUDE REMOVE YHE LETTER ASAP.
Or cover up the name of the company.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by yewit37486: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kajaard:

The op is extremely daft. I have never seen someone that doesn’t use his brains like the op.

As in.. the mod then helped him to move it to frontpage.. lipsrsealed talk about disaster beckoning. Very unwise naive action. OP, are you a Nigerian at all? His picture is even on his profile, lmao. Now, we know his name, his potential employer, his salary, his face, it remains address and all his passwords.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by SerLaery(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:

I would advise you edit your post and delete the picture. This is a public space. Your new employer might be on this forum too.

Ideally, 2 weeks to a month.
You can also refer to your contract with them.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Karlifate: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Paulyaweh:
Oga.

How old are you..

Why are you showing personal details online.

Your name and the company name

There was no need to share that

Big big amateur mistake.

Better take it down except you want to lose your job and the new opportunity.

bejick:

Oga cover the company name evil people full everywhere. even you company people dey nairaland

Kajaard:

Why are you posting the picture of your offer letter here?

You want the new company to rescind the offer? Delete that picture.

Do you know the reach of Nairaland? The new company could have seen this post already.

What is wrong with you? Are you a child? Pathetic.

emmanuelike:

Delete the pictures bro

Talk to your current employer, get them to increase ur pay, using the current economic trend and increased cost of living, and if u have the balls, u can tell them about these offer, they can match it, you never know. fear is the worst emotion to have as a man, be bold and ask for ur right, what is the worst thing that would happen?

also how can u have official car on 100k salary? u are short changing urself.

Edited: Just 1 look at ur profile, i already know u work at everyday supermarket, Branch manager on 100k salary, na why staff dey steal from company be this, who survives on 100k in nigeria today?

patrislayqueen:
You don't need to reveal ur identity

Paulyaweh:
Oga.

How old are you..

Why are you showing personal details online.

Your name and the company name

There was no need to share that

Big big amateur mistake.

Better take it down except you want to lose your job and the new opportunity.

Kajaard:

yewit37486:

Why are you uploading the offer letter with all your details visible on it? I would advise you edit to blur some info or just remove it.

ecolime:

Remove the picture, offer letter is meant to be private... Don't be naive

emmy512:

Take that photo down ,

rickleye:

DUDE REMOVE YHE LETTER ASAP.
Or cover up the name of the company.

yewit37486:

As in.. the mod then helped him to move it to frontpage.. lipsrsealed talk about disaster beckoning. Very unwise naive action. OP, are you a Nigerian at all? His picture is even on his profile, lmao. Now, we know his name, his potential employer, his salary, his face, it remains address and all his passwords.

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Elanqy: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
If I were you, I would do what is best for myself. My advice is that you tell your current company that you will be leaving immediately because you have a better offer elsewhere. If they value you then they will have to match or surpass your new offer.
Most companies have an exit policy, it’s not a must to give a notice of resignation, it is only polite to do so. So you can give a notice of resignation if it’s convenient for you. some companies might deduct some money from your terminal benefits if you don’t give them notice.
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by SpaceAngel: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Your current company must have given you employment letter for your contract. This should contain notice incase of contract termination. Why would you put employment letter on public forum?

That's irresponsible. Take it down before it gets to the notice of the new company and they may see it that you are not to be trusted with company confidential information.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by AmazingELixir: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
grin

Op kilode...why exposing everything online nau....is that how you do your managing

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by skj1377(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
Take a one month leave. Resume in your new company and work there for the period of your leave. If you like the place send your resignation letter to your former employer.
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:

Do not go to hypercity. I know John Goldsmith very well. You will not be confirmed even after one year

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by emmy512: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
Karlifate:

grin grin grin grin grin

U funny
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Paulyaweh(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Karlifate:

Village people opened his file today

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by yewit37486: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Karlifate:

grin grin grin grin grin

We just dey pity the OP grin I hope he doesn't get into trouble with this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by GloriousGbola: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:

Anyone asking you to start with immediate effect is a red flag and a trap. They are trying to make you leave your employer on a bad note and close the door.

Your story also has k leg.

No way a company that gives you an official car pays you 110k.i suspect you are deliberately lying about the allowances

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by DenreleDave(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
U kon put am online

Haaaaa

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Paulyaweh(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Mr winnah e be like work don tire you.

Everyone has told you to remove the photo you no wan hear..
Continue.

Seun your mods wicked.
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Cjayboy: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
2 weeks is cool..
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Leremiahilesa19: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
I think two weeks is OK.
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Davidonkonsults: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
Mod please help this guy take down this pic. Abeg. What kind of rookie mistake is this?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by otokx(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
You better remain where you are till things are clearer, the cost of living in PH is quite expensive.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by yewit37486: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
Paulyaweh:

Continue.

Seun your mods wicked.

The guy hasn't been online since yesterday evening.. I just pity him already. Mods should please remove this post from FP nah, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Paulyaweh:

Continue.

Seun your mods wicked.

Last seen was yesterday evening
The mod should help take down the thread or picture

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by Jokkarm2: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
you really messed up bro, with your years of experience, you should tell them 400, let them come to 300 or 350 , the country is had, the economy is hard, inflation is high, you should have had this planned .i have six years experience in my working place, my salary is 143k, i still hustle outside work, sometime i get additional 20, 30, 50, 100 k . any new place now am going is from 300 up . always think big , thing somethings that seems imposable. just start, put in your best, bring new ideas, after a year request for500k pay. good luck
Re: Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice by deepsparse: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
winnah:

Delete the attached picture immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) / Can You Work Under Your Wife? / Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.