Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. (2034 Views)

Wike Vs Fubara: Ijaw Youths Protest Against Minister Of FCT In Port Harcourt / 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / "Peter Obi Won 19 States, FCT In iREV Portal Collation" - Obidients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Stevecyes(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
25% IN FCT AND THE BONE IN TINUBU’S THROAT

After the 2003 elections, @MBuhari called for the cancellation of the election since Obasanjo failed to win in FCT but it was resolved that winning the FCT is not mandatory but having 25% in FCT is very mandatory.
President Obasanjo back then satisfied the basic requirements of 25% in 24 States AND 25% in FCT also having the highest number of total valid votes cast.

It was also started that if there was no election in Abuja or election in Abuja was canceled , the election will ...
automatically go into re-run regardless of satisfying other requirements which validated the importance & exceptional factor of FCT in our constitution.
It was established in 2003 by those justices that 25% in FCT is as mandatory as having highest number of total valid vote cast to win an election in Nigeria.
Justices that resolved the FCT case between President Obasanjo and buhari are:

1. Justice Mohammed Lawal
2. Justice Idris kutigi
3. Justice Denis Edozie
4. Justice Sam Odemwingie
5. Justice Aloysius Iyorgyer
6. Justice Umaru Kalgo
7. Justice Ignatius Chukwudi

Share till it gets to all whatsapp groups of the members of the Bar and Bench. Pass it on to the Tribunal and Supreme Court Justices. Nigerians expect nothing but justice and fairness from the sensitive matters before them.

If our judiciary lost its integrity and its independent, then we are doomed as a nation.
It's not about the where you are coming from, it's about standing on the threshold of integrity.
Not allowing the principles of what made us a country to be compromised.
I hope this country shall be great one day.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.

Also here is where Kadaria Ahmed talked about it before the last presidential election👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiO50G9xD4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by kettykin: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
So Abuja is now the real mvp , that must be won in every presidential election

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by BoldBrainz(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Where's Justice Idris Kutigi anyway?

I liked that man. No nonsense individual!

3 Likes

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by gaby(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Before I even read this here, and thanks for bringing this up, op, I have continued to maintain that the FCT is seen as a mini-Nigeria hence, the 25% requirement to show national acceptability by anyone who intends to govern the country.

Some ignorant and immature minds kept insulting and trolling.

If FCT wasn't given a special status indeed, why would there be the word/phrase (and the FCT)?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by pandoragirigory: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Why was there no reference to this case when Peter girigory Obi lawyers ware presenting their case, does that mean they are aware of the case or it doesn't suit their need

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Ooni: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kindly quote a text from the said judgement
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by SmartPolician: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kadira is a journalist, not a lawyer. Lawyers have a way of turning the law upside down. A lawyer should be interpreting this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Burob: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
gaby:
Before I even read this here, and thanks for bringing this up, op, I have continued to maintain that the FCT is seen as a mini-Nigeria hence, the 25% requirement to show national acceptability by anyone who intends to govern the country.

If FCT wasn't given a special status indeed, why would there be the word/phrase (and the FCT)?
Because it is not a state, but will be treated as one of States of the federation, so that people like you are not confused.

But in as much as the drafters of the constitution tried their best, you are still confused?

Just remember this post for reference, so that when the tribunal to the Supreme Court of Nigeria rules against Peter Gringory & Atiku, you will not shout ojoro.

Even us common men, had tried to educate you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Parachoko: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Stevecyes:
25% IN FCT AND THE BONE IN TINUBU’S THROAT

After the 2003 elections, @MBuhari called for the cancellation of the election since Obasanjo failed to win in FCT but it was resolved that winning the FCT is not mandatory but having 25% in FCT is very mandatory.
President Obasanjo back then satisfied the basic requirements of 25% in 24 States AND 25% in FCT also having the highest number of total valid votes cast.

It was also started that if there was no election in Abuja or election in Abuja was canceled , the election will ...
automatically go into re-run regardless of satisfying other requirements which validated the importance & exceptional factor of FCT in our constitution.
It was established in 2003 by those justices that 25% in FCT is as mandatory as having highest number of total valid vote cast to win an election in Nigeria.
Justices that resolved the FCT case between President Obasanjo and buhari are:

1. Justice Mohammed Lawal
2. Justice Idris kutigi
3. Justice Denis Edozie
4. Justice Sam Odemwingie
5. Justice Aloysius Iyorgyer
6. Justice Umaru Kalgo
7. Justice Ignatius Chukwudi

Share till it gets to all whatsapp groups of the members of the Bar and Bench. Pass it on to the Tribunal and Supreme Court Justices. Nigerians expect nothing but justice and fairness from the sensitive matters before them.

If our judiciary lost its integrity and its independent, then we are doomed as a nation.
It's not about the where you are coming from, it's about standing on the threshold of integrity.
Not allowing the principles of what made us a country to be compromised.
I hope this country shall be great one day.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.

Also here is where Kadaria Ahmed talked about it before the last presidential election👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiO50G9xD4
Why did Atiku and Pandora lawyers fail to make reference to the case?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by seunmsg(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Parachoko:

Because there was no such judgement. Ask them to produce an extract of the judgement and they will bring video of people talking without evidence. If there is a Supreme Court judgement clearly saying 25% in FCT is compulsory, it will be all over the media space since February 25.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by 7lives: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
Burob:
Because it is not a state, but will be treated as one of States of the federation, so that people like you are not confused.

But in as much as the drafters of the constitution tried their best, you are still confused?

Just remember this post for reference, so that when the tribunal to the Supreme Court of Nigeria rules against Peter Gringory & Atiku, you will not shout ojoro.

Even us common men, had tried to educate you.

I was explaining this to someone yesterday.
Abuja is not a state, Abuja becomes useful if a candidate has just one state left, to meet the needed 25 states.
Abuja can then come in as a spare tyre, if the candidate has 25% in Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Tingotoe: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
All these bloody nairaland supreme court judges wannabe. Why not wait for the judgment of the courts before you draw any conclusions?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Addme: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Not even a single extract from the said judgement is quoted or shown here.
See, the problem is not even you that created this topic but hundreds of dolts that will still support your narration despite it being cleared that you just manufactured this whole thing.

Buhari in 2003 only argued that Obasanjo didn't win the whole election and never FCT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by ivolt: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fake news from hungry blogger.
Please provide the original full judgment transcript if you are not lying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Alliswell248: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
gaby:

Anything to soothe your election loss is allowed.
Show me where it is written in the constitution that fct has a higher status than other states.

36 states and fct simply mean fct is seen as part of Nigeria since it is not a state like Kano etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by dragunov: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
seunmsg:

Because there was no case. Asked them to produce an extract of the judgement and they will bring video of people talking without evidence. If there is a Supreme Court judgement clearly saying 25% in FCT is compulsory, it will be all over the media space since February 25.

Kadoso ọmọ Mutairu! I hail o.🤪🤪🤪
Una no go know wetin go hit una for that country. E go pass court case.😝😝😝😝😝

1 Like

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by DMerciful(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
Not won but atleast get 25%
kettykin:
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Alex80s(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
https://news.band/archives-supreme-court-upheld-candidates-must-win-25-votes-in-24-states-plus-25-in-fct-in-buhari-v-obasanjo-2005/

For those looking for supreme court judgement, that's it.

You can now see that PDP and LP have a brutal case

1 Like

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Beenibroz(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
I think many of you are still ignorant of the constitutional amendment or rather the electoral amendment. The court will decide and their decision will open the eyes of many to use as future reference in future election. So far so good, the 25% argument is dead and buried and I think the pdp and Lp are only finding a means to disqualify Apc Tinubu which is the only option they have. We wait and see so you all should stop being the judges yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Beenibroz(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
From another angle I still don't understand why people think Peter Obi will come from the third position to take over. Under same constitution he didn't get the required percentage aside the Fct. If Tinubu is removed for any reason which is looking impossible, it is more of an advantage for Atiku and not even Peter Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by TheOldGods: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
kettykin:
didn't say win oo.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by ubest1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
But happened in Imo from 4th to first and u guys celebrated it what now change, when they said evil is bad u guys fill those against it are enemy of the country until it gets to you

Beenibroz:
From another angle I still don't understand why people think Peter Obi will come from the third position to take over. Under same constitution he didn't get the required percentage aside the Fct. If Tinubu is removed for any reason which is looking impossible, it is more of an advantage for Atiku and not even Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by yommen: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
ubest1:
But happened in Imo from 4th to first and u guys celebrated it what now change, when they said evil is bad u guys fill those against it are enemy of the country until it gets to you

Has it now been established that Obi won the election? Has new result be announced?

Moreso, how Abuja became more viable than most other economically viable states, I dont understand.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by oyichi: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Alex80s:
https://news.band/archives-supreme-court-upheld-candidates-must-win-25-votes-in-24-states-plus-25-in-fct-in-buhari-v-obasanjo-2005/

For those looking for supreme court judgement, that's it.

You can now see that PDP and LP have a brutal case
if this is true, then there is a problem, that election is heading towards being cancelled
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Phantom233: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Parachoko:
How do you know that their didn't make references to this in their extensive arguments or written summary?
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by masseratti: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
gaby:

did you read the part of the constitution that starts with the word "all" 36 states and FCT?.. If FCT is special it won't have been included with the word "all" in the statement.
Make una go rest abeg.. You guys trying to blackmail the Judiciary is even thr worst tactics on the table this days, it's belly aching.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Parachoko: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2023
Phantom233:

How do you know that their didn't make references to this in their extensive arguments or written summary?
It's an insult for you to ask this kind of daft question.

People were following the court process, even here on Nairaland, there are people who do give us the update live from the court room and the final written statement by the Petitioners and Respondents is also out in the open, but you're here asking me a daft question.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Parachoko: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2023
Phantom233:

It's obvious you're a stupid fool, who are the people you paid to give you all the details of court proceedings here on nairaland word for word? You better received sense. Judicial precedence is the first thing judges consider in seeking redress in court.
I've never seen a set of ignorant and clueless people like you Obidients.

There were live updates on some social media platform and even here on Nairaland on what's going on at the Tribunal.

The final written statement aligned with all the live report we got here on Nairaland, in fact, and Obidient was always updating us here on Nairaland during Pandora Tribunal sitting.

I also told you that, the Final written statement by the Petitioners and Respondents is out in the Open, but you're so Shallow and Crass to make your own research to read Pandora and Atiku lawyers final written statement. You prefer to believe what your fellow Zombidiots are spewing on Nairaland.

I'm not even suppose to be having this kind of discussion with an ignorant person like you.

You're lucky I am in a good mood to cure you from your ignorance and cluelessness this morning.

https://www.nairaland.com/7737885/peter-obi-vs-tinubu-22th

You can search for IamV here on Nairaland, he was updating Nairalanders during the tribunal sitting. You can read the thread he created about the sitting and cure yourself of this ignorance you've drenched yourself in.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Parachoko: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2023
Phantom233:

It's obvious you're a stupid fool, who are the people you paid to give you all the details of court proceedings here on nairaland word for word? You better received sense. Judicial precedence is the first thing judges consider in seeking redress in court.
I want you to show me your own source the Supreme Court Justices said 25% is important in the case between OBJ and Buhari in 2003

I'm also waiting for you to show evidence Pandora Lawyers refer to this same 2003 case in their Final Written Statement that's out in the Open.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by Phantom233: 9:15am On Aug 18, 2023
Parachoko:
I want you to show me your own source the Supreme Court Justices said 25% is important in the case between OBJ and Buhari in 2003

I'm also waiting for you to show evidence Pandora Lawyers refer to this same 2003 case in their Final Written Statement that's out in the Open.
I don't have your time.
Re: What The Country Said About 25% In FCT In Similar Case In The Past. by babyfaceafrica: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2023
Story

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newly Created Ministry Of Niger Delta A Secret Step To Scrap NDDC / 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria / Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.