Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? (40860 Views)

Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Senator Vs Governor: Who Has More Powers? / Salary: A Nigerian Senator Vs An Average Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Princeton92(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
so now who'll replace Umahi in the senate na?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by shonepa(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Neva....lai lai.....say minister get money pass senator? Na yam abi na beans.

No go talk am for public o, dem fit beat u🤣🤣

But seriously, Senate na real deal....na dem dey put ministers for work na, any arrangee wey minister won do dem get their cut.

Na wetin cause gbege btw dem and Keyamo be dat na.

Puss360:
In my opinion I believe Senator is higher..
But as for money, I think minister is more....

Let's wait for others sha
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by afesco: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

You must be kidding right?
Fear who no fear principal officers in the senate. Fear chairman senate committee on appropriation, that one will paddle budget like say tomorrow no dey. You see chairmen if senate committee? During budget presentations, alot of things goes down grin likewise during oversight functions. Guy na senators wey no Sabi road get wahala grin

Politically, in a state like Edo for example, Oshiomole is the leader of the party in that state and not the minister from that state.
Oshiomhole is the leader of APC in Edo State not because he is a senator but because of his status as a powerful Ex Governor of d state.
In a very corrupt country like ours, a minister of Petroleum, works, transport has more money than Senate President.
Never u joke with d executive arm of government of Nigeria in terms of corruption abeg.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by onuman: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Senator.
But both are products of the lopsided political structure and unitary government system that
spring them and the president up as square pegs in round holes.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Amayabor1: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
ISLAMBAD:
A minister, especially the one with a good portfolio

Minister heads a ministry..

They steal through inflated costs of projects..

A senator is just there depending only on his income ..

As a minister, if 200Billion is allocated to your ministry annually, there is chances you will corner 50 billion then use the rest to work..

But a senator depends on their 36 million naira monthly salary and 1.2 billion naira annual constituency allowance..

Unless if you are a Senate President..

Infact all of them are criminals!! undecided

Na why una dey fail exam. Which one is higher, you talking another thing.

A senator is higher because he/she represents a constituent part of the federation. it is an elective postion. A minister is an appointee of the president and as such is below a senator.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by ckc(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
Desammyst:
A senator is higher than minister. Considering remuneration and office requirements.
So why would Dave leave being a senator to become a minister?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by stanisbaratheon: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
As a minister, someone that can hold your boss (President) to account is higher than you.

Senators are higher in that hierarchy.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by bizhop01: 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
Minister have a lot to steal
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Stevosty: 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
Minister na presidency na, executing the looting on a daily, while senate na legislator looting what is meant for senatorial district. Senate na just rubber stamp to presidency.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Mpanyi: 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Nigerians are totally corrupt. See how corrupt you are! How can a country be so corrupt and expect development?

But his view doesn't make him corrupt
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by vanitybutiwanti: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
ChristianMuslim:
E be like commissiner and house of assembly.. house of assembly pass dem, commissioner na just compensation.. likewise minister is just a compensation.. who dem dey minister.. buhbit depend on the ministry sha.. some minister na just figure head.. like WIKE now is just a figure head
Figure head, controlling N500b yearly? You think he's a foool for chosing FCT?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoboNogoDie: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
ISLAMBAD:
A minister, especially the one with a good portfolio

Minister heads a ministry..

They steal through inflated costs of projects..

A senator is just there depending only on his income ..

As a minister, if 200Billion is allocated to your ministry annually, there is chances you will corner 50 billion then use the rest to work..

But a senator depends on their 36 million naira monthly salary and 1.2 billion naira annual constituency allowance..

Unless if you are a Senate President..

Infact all of them are criminals!! undecided
We can know how stupid yhu are by your moniker.
Or deh way ray
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by AskNgige2: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
ckc:
I ask this innocent question cos I have been wondering why a serving senator like Dave Umahi would leave his senatorial seat and "demote" himself to ordinary Minister that needs to pass through the Senate before resuming. Political gurus educate me please.

Cos Umahi knew he will be kicked out later..

S this is his best shot
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Adeolajude(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Anyone with more access to stolen funds is the highest.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Winneepye: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
A senator is elected so he can only be removed by his constituency while a minister is an appointee of the president and he can be removed at any time. In terms of access to money then it is the minister, and those in powerful ministries are more popular than senators.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoboNogoDie: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Yoruba people and herbal drinks. Una no dey carry eye see container with herbs and water..😂. Even if na flood person fetch put for transparent bottle, na so your men dey rush am. No wonder them dey give you 360 degrees kuntus stretching.

I don't drink concoctions abeg! Distilled and refined gin works better. Vodka preferably.
O su people and ògógóró bitters nkọ?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by ckc(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
HenryTimes:
Politics is not about the pocket, it is a call to serve. The op is not asking who will be a bigger theif.

A senator can only be removed through a recall by his constituents which usually is very difficult but a Minister can be sacked without a notice.

Thanks for catching my drift.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Halo22: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
The truth is that a senator is higher in ranking when compared with a minister, but because of the kind of presidential system of govt in the country, a minister with the influence of the president can rise above the senator especially in terms of emoluments.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by omamokta: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Dave is definitely going to loose at the tribunal and he doesn’t want to be outside power, that’s the honest truth
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by chiboycue: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
ckc:
I ask this innocent question cos I have been wondering why a serving senator like Dave Umahi would leave his senatorial seat and "demote" himself to ordinary Minister that needs to pass through the Senate before resuming. Political gurus educate me please.

We need to ask our selves the following questions below;

Can a Minister summon a Senator for inquires or can a Senator summon a Minister for inquires ?

Does a Senator have to appear before a Minister for budget defence or does a Minister have to appear before a Senator for budget defence ?

I believe we will know who is higher in position when we answer the above questions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by ckc(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
U for ask us Nigerian Governor and a commissioner who is bigger
How is what you wrote related to anything? In your mind you are smart?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoboNogoDie:

O su people and ògógóró bitters nkọ?

What is an "Osu"?
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by dozymars(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
On the level of embezzlement or On the level of political influence for the welfare of the people?
In Nigeria, embezzlement is the target by default.
So Ministerial position is it. grin
A juicy one as a minister of works for that matter.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Princeton92:
so now who'll replace Umahi in the senate na?

I'll replace him.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Kedeade690(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Senator is more higher than a minister...
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoboNogoDie: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What is an "Osu"?
Ask your elders
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by tunize(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
wwwkaycom:
Minister is higher than Senator. The minister represents the President in his or her ministry so anytime a minister speaks or do anything, he does it on behalf of the president
Ministers are like managers, Senators are like shareholders of a company.
Ministers are answerable directly to president and also to the higher chamber if them nor perform well.
How possible is it for you to be higher than someone you are answerable to if and when the need arises.
Abi you nor know say senator fit sack minister if elected senate president.
Abi you nor still know say senator fit reject appointment of minister?
Senate president can be made a president when a sitting president dies?
A minister that can be fired at anytime with the blink of an eye, but for a senator you can’t wake up and send them home.
Appointed and elected difference plenty ooh
Minister na upgraded PA level with style, class and many money to steal.
I rest my case here.
But for money level “Minister” they control so many things sometimes self those senators need to Lobi for contract from those ministries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Kukutente23: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
fergie001:
A Minister, 200 times.....
How
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by Princeton92(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'll replace him.

very funny... tell me na i wanna know atleast lemme learn
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by chiboycue: 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
ckc:
So why would Dave leave being a senator to become a minister?

I think inadequate orientation made Sen. Dave to leave being a senator to become a minister
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by amba1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
In all ramifications,a senator is higher to a minister as far as presidential system of government is concerned.
A minister is only incharge of a ministry, and occasionally reports to the senate.
A senator is incharge of a senatorial district that involves his or her constituents.
A senator is elected,while a minister is appointed and he or she can be sacked or disengaged from service at any time the president feels like doing so.
Re: Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoboNogoDie:

Ask your elders

I don't have elders.
Besides, my supposed elders didn't mention the "Osu" word to me. You did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isiaka Adeleke's Death: His Doctor Alfred Aderibigbe Pictured / Melaye: Magu Can NOT Be EFCC Chairman, His Mates Are Area Commanders And Dpos / Bello Yabo Arrested For Calling El-Rufai A 'Small Bird'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.