Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month (28126 Views)

3 Must Have Important Job-search Documents Before You Go On Job Hunting / The Five Most Important Things To Include On Your CV / Coding: The Most Important Job Skill Of The Future?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by BigIyanga: 12:09am On Aug 19, 2023
SSpeter:
I started my career here in Nigeria changed jobs here on Nairaland grin angry, got married in Nigeria started my family in Nigeria and when opportunities came calling outside the country I took it. My point is the country is not supposed to be this hard, we have the resources for every Nigerian to live comfortably
Yes 100% in agreement. I fear more for uni students and fresh graduates.. country is further sinking into hopelessness
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 19, 2023
being:
He said mid 2000s. By 2005, 3310 was just a few thousands and sim was already N100. It could have been an uncle ' s phone also.

Who told you Sim Card was sold for N100 in the year 2005??

Seems like you drink KainKain.

You are Spewing Nvnsense and Rvbbish.

All Sim Cards were sold nothing less than N2000 to N3000 during that period.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by maestro299: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2023
grin
9jatriot:
You see that job experience eh, some sensible people will even pay the company to have it. Some will volunteer in companies to gain it.

Yet you find many broke and unserious people brandish degrees and certifications without experience and start feeling entitled to big salaries.

Many of them are on nairaland 247, opening threads upandan without trying to improve themselves and be useful

1 Like

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Blitzking: 5:04am On Aug 19, 2023
BigIyanga:

Sounding more like motivational than realistic outcome.. Abegi tell us wetin be those invaluable skills and talents wey u get to make US/Canada carry private jet come fetch u from your sleeping bed?? Lol
I no need reveal myself to you. I don't need to motivate anybody. And it wasn't acquired over a crash course video. Just know am board certified to carry out my trade in any part of the world I so choose. And it costs money,grey matter and hardwork with a little bit of luck to get to that stage.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by EdgarAllan007: 5:23am On Aug 19, 2023
First of all let me start by saying that your post is a well written one (can't wait for the next). With that said, here's my question.

What career advice would you give an accounting student (final year) who wants to leave the field in the near future?

Do I start as an accountant (to gain experience) then transition later on or begin the process now? You mentioned one path (banking) but if you have more options, I will be more than grateful.

Skyview01:

Nope. Accounting as a field is in high demand for migrating out of the country but not a paying profession.

No real money in accounting with limited upward mobility.

I went into banking in Canada before founding my own company.

I needed lots of money and accounting would not give that to me unfortunately.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by EdgarAllan007: 5:29am On Aug 19, 2023
How did you sustain yourself financially?

Pacesetter2021:
I remember as a fresh graduate in accounting, I looked for employment to no avail. I then searched online for audit firms in my city.

I dressed up and went to the first on my list. There I met with the owner of the firm who harshly told me he doesn't have vacancy and I told him, I will work for free.

The man looked at me and said okay .

At the end of the month, he may have pitied me as he placed me on a 10k take home.

I thanked him because I wasn't expecting anything.

It was a great experience and it wasn't long after, my cv was no longer bare. I started job hunting online while working.

Less than 6 months later,I landed my first official job in another audit firm with a take home of 70k. From there to a job of 120k etc etc. It has been from glory to glory

Most times being selfless and adding value generously pays.

I am healthy and strong, God gave me these for free, why should I not work hard to add value where I find myself? That's my school of thoughts.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 19, 2023
EdgarAllan007:
First of all let me start by saying that your post is a well written one (can't wait for the next). With that said, here's my question.

What career advice would you give an accounting student (final year) who wants to leave the field in the near future?

Do I start as an accountant (to gain experience) then transition later on or begin the process now? You mentioned one path (banking) but if you have more options, I will be more than grateful.

Thanks for your response. I went into accounting by mistake and would not call myself and original accounting career minded individual.
I did sciences in high school and could not get into IT and engineering at the time so i settled for accounting. Its not bad to start with. If you are passionate about the course from the get go, you are more likely to succeed better than myself and it would not be fair for me to discourage you from your passion.

As a final year student, you should try everything humanly possible to graduate with at least a 2.1.

As an accountant, if you get into a multinational or good oil and gas company, you will make money.

I got into banking along the way and I learned a lot. To suceed you need ideas and contact with different succesful people on a daily basis and in accounting, i stayed in the same office every day doing the same thing and meeting same people for more than 5 years.
When i worked as an advisor in the bank, I got to meet tons of people who come to my office with business ideas looking for financing and i would meet with a minimum of 10 business individuals everyday for five years.

Imagine listening to people some of who wired over $100,000 dollars daily and i got to stylishly ask them questions about their business.

I also learned communication and presentation skills in the banking and the reason why i am successful today in my business is mostly because of my banking experience. I was able to see all the money flows not available to others and made good contact.

Excuse me for a while, i will be right back.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by galantjoe(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2023
Never despise humble beginning

However, value N5000 as at 2000 was quite a good beginner salary. Using current inflationary rate of 22%, N5,000 in 2000 is equal to N484,000 under time value of money

1 Like

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by BigIyanga: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2023
Blitzking:
I no need reveal myself to you. I don't need to motivate anybody. And it wasn't acquired over a crash course video. Just know am board certified to carry out my trade in any part of the world I so choose. And it costs money,grey matter and hardwork with a little bit of luck to get to that stage.
Coren Certified Engineer is Naija boar certified.. but not board certified in US/Canada. Board certified in Naija is a learner in another clime. Globally sought after talent .. no dey N/Land dey make mouth lol
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Blitzking: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2023
BigIyanga:

Coren Certified Engineer is Naija boar certified.. but not board certified in US/Canada. Board certified in Naija is a learner in another clime. Globally sought after talent .. no dey N/Land dey make mouth lol
Where did I tell you am an engineer. Like I said earlier I can practise my trade anywhere in the world just need to present myself at the consulate and the rest is history. If haven't gotten that stage you u won't understand and if you try to now cos am guessing you should be above 18yrs be prepared to give up 30 yrs to get to the peak..you can't steal it you can't forge it you can't act it our, you can't crash out and it's an act and science. If it's not there it's not there.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by EdgarAllan007: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2023
Wow, this is a whole load of advice to unpack, thank you for the detailed response.

From your reply, I noticed that the opportunity to meet different clients on a daily basis contributed immensely to your career success.

I know that accounting is not really a "client-facing" profession but is there any career path in accounting where I get to meet new people regularly?

Was thinking of public accounting but since you stated (in your initial post) that you worked at a small-sized audit firm am kinda confused, or should I be looking at the Big 4? Thanks in advance.

Skyview01:

Thanks for your response. I went into accounting by mistake and would not call myself and original accounting career minded individual.
I did sciences in high school and could not get into IT and engineering at the time so i settled for accounting. Its not bad to start with. If you are passionate about the course from the get go, you are more likely to succeed better than myself and it would not be fair for me to discourage you from your passion.

As a final year student, you should try everything humanly possible to graduate with at least a 2.1.

As an accountant, if you get into a multinational or good oil and gas company, you will make money.

I got into banking along the way and I learned a lot. To suceed you need ideas and contact with different succesful people on a daily basis and in accounting, i stayed in the same office every day doing the same thing and meeting same people for more than 5 years.
When i worked as an advisor in the bank, I got to meet tons of people who come to my office with business ideas looking for financing and i would meet with a minimum of 10 business individuals everyday for five years.

Imagine listening to people some of who wired over $100,000 dollars daily and i got to stylishly ask them questions about their business.

I also learned communication and presentation skills in the banking and the reason why i am successful today in my business is mostly because of my banking experience. I was able to see all the money flows not available to others and made good contact.

Excuse me for a while, i will be right back.

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by demanuel(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
galantjoe:
Never despise humble beginning

However, value N5000 as at 2000 was quite a good beginner salary. Using current inflationary rate of 22%, N5,000 in 2000 is equal to N484,000 under time value of money
I am just curious, Sir.
Please can you explain how arrive at this answer? Thanks
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by BigIyanga: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
Blitzking:
Where did I tell you am an engineer. Like I said earlier I can practise my trade anywhere in the world just need to present myself at the consulate and the rest is history. If haven't gotten that stage you u won't understand and if you try to now cos am guessing you should be above 18yrs be prepared to give up 30 yrs to get to the peak..you can't steal it you can't forge it you can't act it our, you can't crash out and it's an act and science. If it's not there it's not there.
You’re still not getting it.. lol. A board-certified Physician in Naija is not board certified in Kenya let alone US/Canada. A board certified nurse in Naija is not board-certified in S/Africa. US/Canadian consulate no get time for you.. Even Davido/Wizkid/Burna with invaluable skills and globally sought after talents .. dont show up at consulate without prior arrangement. Abegi, take this ur Alomo-powered delusion back to ur bed.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Blitzking: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’re still not getting it.. lol. A board-certified Physician in Naija is not board certified in Kenya let alone US/Canada. A board certified nurse in Naija is not board-certified in S/Africa. US/Canadian consulate no get time for you.. Even Davido/Wizkid/Burna with invaluable skills and globally sought after talents .. dont show up at consulate without prior arrangement. Abegi, take this ur Alomo-powered delusion back to ur bed.
Keep typing behind your phone while ppl who have paid the price keep touring the world with no restrictions
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Pacesetter2021: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2023
EdgarAllan007:
How did you sustain yourself financially?

I just graduated and was still in my parents house.

I discussed with my Father about my plans to work for free and he supported with transport fare.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
I just graduated and was still in my parents house.

I discussed with my Father about my plans to work for free and he supported with transport fare.

That is good.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by THURAFTERNOON: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2023
spiSeyi:

I can relate I was more broke than a church rat in 2011 and I had a Nokia 620 classic which was given to me by my aunt. Being poor doesn't mean one should not be able to own a phone. The story is inspiring and I have experienced something like this, all glory to God bcs he has done me well as an IT guy

Thank you for your comment sir . I thank God for where I Dey come from too. A friend gave me my first android phone sef Tecno m3 God bless ik my gee. Now boys don graduate to using good devices . I thank God for my life not easy but we have to keep pushing . Alihamdulilahi 🙏🏿🙏🏿🤲🏿

1 Like

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by BigIyanga: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2023
Blitzking:
Keep typing behind your phone while ppl who have paid the price keep touring the world with no restrictions
My life is your fantasy .. my frequent flyer points earned this year alone can take you anywhere in the world. Keep waiting for US/Canada consulates to send you a PJ for visa interview ..your holy grail skills are still wasting in Ikorodu when your mates are running Andela, Gooogle, Meta, X in Naija. Talent no dey hide.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Blitzking: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2023
BigIyanga:

My life is your fantasy .. my frequent flyer points earned this year alone can take you anywhere in the world. Keep waiting for US/Canada consulates to send you a PJ for visa interview ..your holy grail skills are still wasting in Ikorodu when your mates are running Andela, Gooogle, Meta, X in Naija. Talent no dey hide.
lol jokes on you.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by galantjoe(m): 4:44am On Aug 20, 2023
demanuel:

I am just curious, Sir.
Please can you explain how arrive at this answer? Thanks

Under financial mathematics
We have compound interest which is basis for calculation of time value of money. That is to say that N5,000 in year 2000 is not same as N5,000 in 2023. Reason 1: is that what you can buy in year 2000 with 5k is not what you can use same 5k in 2023 to buy. The main factors that caused such disparity of value of same amount at different timeframe are inflationary rate and interest rate.

Solving for future value (FV) of single principal
FV = P(1+r)^n
Where
P = 5000 which can be treated as principal
r=22% which is current inflationary rate, however I use this rate which I shouldn't use; because inflationary rate for other years was lower than this current rate. I should use average rate but for simplicity purpose. Let me use this current rate,
n = 23years
^ = raise to power

Do the maths using Microsoft Excel, financial calculator, etc and your answer will be N484k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by Joseph1505(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2023
chatinent:
I am available for academic writing jobs.🙂
In python, what function method can you use to find a particular word in a string?
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by luvyaself95(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2023
The imagination of comparing work of 5k of then to Now Job.
Bro am not saying you're saying Nonsense or youre not making but the fact is that these days are harder.
Na prayer everybody dey do now and i pray things work out for us all.
Re: My Most Important Job At 5000naira/month by CloudTrees(f): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
BigIyanga:

Idealism vs realism… welcome to the reality side of Naija lol

I have had to read most of your posts to understand why you left that comment on my thread. Idealism and realism really does alot of the explanation.
My current reality was what I posted. I won't have to post my situation online if I had another option

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Appointment Letter Genuine? / New Federal Government Job And IPPIS Issue / Shortlisted Candidates Into The Delta State Civil Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.