Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day (23397 Views)

Lagos Declares Four Work-Free Days For PVC Collection / FG Declares Monday Work-Free For The Armed Forces In Honour Of Late COAS / Borno Declares Monday Work Free For PMB Rally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Praktikals(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2023
grin
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by adigun27: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2023
Kudos we r pushing forward
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by emerged01(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Why is this important?
To you or to the traditionalists? If it is not important to you,you shouldnt have opened the thread. Paddling your own canoe shouldnt be hard thing for you to do.

5 Likes

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by commoditiesnig: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
Cultural festivals supported
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by LeeSmart: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
I love the yoruba people, Lagos has been kind to me and my business even with this biting economy💖

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2023
illicit:

Don't confuse it with sit at home ok

Lol ... obviously the sit at home has no effect on Nigeria economy.. you made a valid point , but I wasn't thinking about it in that way sha.
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by lolu2019: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2023
Taylor90:
Fulani will soon take over Lagos

It’s gradually creeping in

Three days ago Muslims stormed Lagos government to know why Sanwo Olu didn’t appoint more Muslims in his cabinet
they are mad
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Omoawoke: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2023
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by lolu2019: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:
Except they repent, all these Isese people are going to Hell fire.
ode
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Father4all: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2023
Yoruba people are the problem we have in Islam

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by LagosFirstSon: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2023
Righthussle:
Good move. This is good for Africa.

If foreign religions like Islam and Christianity will have a day to celebrate their festival or celebration in Africa why not African traditional religions . The rubbish going on in Kwara must stop. Na 21st century we dey.
I am not a Christian
I am a Muslim
I don't practice any African religion
But I believe what is good for goose is good for the gender.
Which Africa ?

Wetin concern Africa with your Isese rubbish

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by LagosFirstSon: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2023
LeeSmart:
I love the yoruba people, Lagos has been kind to me and my business even with this biting economy💖
you're yoruba

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by ariesbull: 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
Clowns

These are the type of madness Emir of Ilorin is trying to avoid and he is right

They can't do that in Ilorin. .Ilorin is Fulani owned and ruled

3 Likes

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by BoldBrainz(m): 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
emerged01:

To you or to the traditionalists? If it is not important to you,you shouldnt have opened the thread. Paddling your own canoe shouldnt be hard thing for you to do.

I didn't know Lagos has become the exclusive reserve of certain people that some of us are not allowed to have opinions as regards its issues.

Are you trying to bully me?

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by BoldBrainz(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
Righthussle:

If foreign religions like Islam and Christianity will have a day to celebrate their festival or celebration in Africa why not African traditional religions . The rubbish going on in Kwara must stop. Na 21st century we dey.
I am not a Christian
I am a Muslim

Good for which gender?
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by LZAA: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
M4A1carbine:
THE MOST INSECURE TRIBE IN THE WORLD.

FULANI SAID NO ISESE IN KWARA NSTEAD OF FACING THEM SQUARELY...THE PROPAGANDA STATES DECLEAR ISESE...

OYO FIRST
LAGOS SECOND

IT REMAINS OSUN..WHEN WILL THEY DECLEAR?

USELESS PROPAGANDIST AND INFERIORITY COMPLEXED PEOPLE. grin
One of them wee call Ndigbo now and blame them 😄😄

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by LeeSmart: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
you're yoruba

Nope from de north
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2023
Taylor90:
Fulani will soon take over Lagos

It’s gradually creeping in

Three days ago Muslims stormed Lagos government to know why Sanwo Olu didn’t appoint more Muslims in his cabinet
According to ipob ret@rd’s every Muslim is a Fulani

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by 4words: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2023
Righthussle:

I am not a Christian
I am a Muslim

God bless you my brother, I don't just understand why prevent other from worshiping their own god. This is just wrong.

Give to caesar what belongs to caesar

I am a Christian
I am not a Muslim
But I believe what is good for goose is good for the gander.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Betanaija42moro: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
Righthussle:

I am not a Christian
I am a Muslim
Respect the decision of the owner of the land

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by wittywriter: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:
Except they repent, all these Isese people are going to Hell fire.
Vawulence..
commoditiesnig:
Cultural festivals supported

Wittyness
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by creativehubb: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
Very good. Freedom is the only thing that guarantees this union. Any man born of woman that thinks they can take away our freedoms, will only destroy themselves. Nigeria will be a free nation till the world caves in. Anyone who has their rights to freedom infringed on must be supported by all human rights activists, human rights lawyers, state government and the president. One nation bound in FREEDOM. Freedom or we go our seperate ways.

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
M4A1carbine:
THE MOST INSECURE TRIBE IN THE WORLD.

FULANI SAID NO ISESE IN KWARA NSTEAD OF FACING THEM SQUARELY...THE PROPAGANDA STATES DECLEAR ISESE...

OYO FIRST
LAGOS SECOND

IT REMAINS OSUN..WHEN WILL THEY DECLEAR?

USELESS PROPAGANDIST AND INFERIORITY COMPLEXED PEOPLE. grin
Most insecure and inferiority complexed people are the tribe who run to every thread involving Yoruba people instead of focusing on their dot region

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2023
I'm not a soothsayer but I foresee ethnoreligious war in the Southwest sooner or later. There will be a reawakening of Yoruba nationhood because of Tinubu Presidency whereby overzealous youths are going to attack Mosques and Hausa/Fulani settlements in where they consider Yoruba land and coupled with the proposed war in Niger Republic will attract serious insecurity in Southwest. Warri, Benin, Asaba, Aba, Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Uyo should get ready for high influx of people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by commoditiesnig: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
Betanaija42moro:

True.. cultural and traditional festivals should be honoured..

Just like in Edo state, there's Igue festival in Benin

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by optionalY09: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
phemmyfour:
Kwara has lost its identity. Kogi is not a Yoruba state

We will help them recover their lost minds
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Edusouls(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
Cultures have been practiced for thousands of years in various parts of the globe before the coming of Christ, but Christ being the true son of God introduced the practice of true living and love which is Christianity, anybody is free to celebrate his or culture but one indisputable fact remains, CHRIST IS THE KING OF KINGS his reign and kingdom has no end….
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Eriokanmi: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
Asgard73:
Waiting for kwara state and kogi..

Nice one.. from Yoruba states..

Ekiti and Ondo .. how far
Kwara isn't allowing it. Its in the news

1 Like

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by DropsMic(m): 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
Omoawoke:
Yoruba are on track to recovering their identity and culture

This is a great way forward. I wish all tribes in Africa can make this effort.

But some people don’t even have any identity anymore other than the one their colonial masters assigned to them.

Only the Yorubas got to the Americas during the slave era and colonized their slave masters with their culture. Till date, the Yoruba culture is well recognized in Brazil, Cuba, North America and they even carry it on their heads.
Yorubas still extend to Togo and Benin and they also carried the culture on their head

I hope all other tribes can find a way to trace their roots.

The documentary bigger than Africa did a good job

Calm down baba and read your history. The reason those places you mentioned above practice yoruba culture is because they descended from yoruba slaves who were caught by their fellow yorubas e.g madam tinubu and sold to the white man who then took them to their cotton fields and sugar plantation in the Americas. Today even the madam Tinubu who sold her fellow yorubas has a statue in Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by 4words: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
ariesbull:
Clowns

These are the type of madness Emir of Ilorin is trying to avoid and he is right

They can't do that in Ilorin. .Ilorin is Fulani owned and ruled

You must be silly, how has people having their day of celebration as Christians and Muslims do become madness.

They will have their celebration in Ilorin whether you like it or not.

Myopic individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by olisefom: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
Not bad. A civilised community deserves some civility.
Re: Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day by Righthussle: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
Betanaija42moro:

If the West can be made to leave Africa, one day the Fulanis will leave Kwara.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N1.1trn Anchor Borrowers’ Loan: Tinubu Orders Security Agencies To Recover Cash / The Attempt To Change The Results Of Essien Udim Will Not Be Accepted - PDP / Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.