Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,413 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu (20435 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents– Tony Elumelu / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Karemarealty288(m): 3:50am On Aug 21, 2023
I became Chairman of UBA, Transcorp without wealthy parents – Tony Elumelu

The Chairman of Heirs Holdings, Tony Elumelu said his remarkable journey towards becoming one of the country’s foremost entrepreneurs was driven by discipline, hard work, and sacrifices, rather than an affluent background.

In a Facebook post on a Sunday, Elumelu shared his life experiences and the core principles that have shaped his trajectory, positioning him as both a respected figure and a fatherly presence in the business realm.

Elumelu conveyed, “I didn’t become the Chairman of UBA Group and Transcorp Group because I had wealthy parents or attended the best schools, or because I was the most intelligent in my state or country. Your circumstances today must not define your future.”

He further expounded on the pivotal role of hard work, discipline, and sacrifice in achieving success.

Elumelu stressed, “Embrace hard work, discipline, and sacrifice: I realized growing up that the way to get to the top is to go the extra mile. Have the discipline to say no to things that don’t serve you, and sacrifice now for future rewards. If you work hard and are disciplined, you will get what you desire in life.”

Moreover, Elumelu offered advice on maintaining one’s authenticity in the face of external influences. Drawing from his own experiences, he advised against compromising one’s values to fit societal norms.

“Be yourself – There are so many distractions and influences in the world we live in. Over time, people start to doubt their identity and act in a manner that is alien to them. Don’t go against your values because you want to be perceived as ‘sociable’. Anyone who doesn’t accept you the way you are should leave.”

Elumelu also turned his attention to the challenges posed by social media, cautioning young individuals against being swayed by the often deceptive images presented online.

“Be careful about social media –It not everything you see on social media that is real. Do not be drawn in by its influence – it can be misleading at times. That is why discipline is extremely important in your life journey.”

Further, the business magnate stressed the importance of nurturing a strong bond, wherein parents correct, nurture, and educate through various methods, all motivated by love and the collective aim of fostering a better society.

https://punchng.com/1459845-2/

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by chibatov(m): 4:36am On Aug 21, 2023
God wey do am for u go do am for we too

103 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Seyi8750: 4:37am On Aug 21, 2023
grin

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by livebyday(m): 4:37am On Aug 21, 2023
You had wealthy friends whom
Funded and introduced you to connected people.

To you all quoting me , I am not speaking hear say or rumors. TOE had help lots of it.

This is why it's good not to burn bridges or let poverty diestey your mind to the extent that you only see friends as a source of free food or money .

Have class and people with class will be drawn around you. Money can't buy class.

Alot of Nairalanders here don't seem to understand this. They don't think of tomorrow they abuse an act lik animals thinking they are anonymous and it doesn't matter.

What they don't know is that this same behaviour permeates everything they do and affects their daily life offline

Just look at freestuffzng or mannabbggrillz or helinuesbfor an example start from old comments and watch the decline . These sort of people wil never find anyone who will help or believe in them.

Always be guarded in your doings you don't know who is watching

You tell yourself that it's only online you hate Yoruba or it's only online you hate igbo or Hausa , such tinkin sticks to you like glue.

When you meet someone who is supposed tohelp you they will just senses there is something off about you. They will never help you. You will think it's your village people affecting you or JuJu , no you are reaping the rewards for hateful thinking

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by ATEAMS: 4:37am On Aug 21, 2023
Good
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Amuluonyenaego: 4:38am On Aug 21, 2023
God chooses whom he blesses

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Oscarchims: 4:39am On Aug 21, 2023
I can never use my situation today to slow my progress... I must work smart and believe that the greatest will be mine

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by qwertyuioplm: 4:41am On Aug 21, 2023
Initial funds came from were

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Greyworld: 4:42am On Aug 21, 2023
Then Nigeria still had direction. However, hard work and dedication pays. Even if you don't become a billionaire you won't rely on 30k propaganda allowance which can't allow you think properly.

Work smart!!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by bigdammyj: 4:43am On Aug 21, 2023
Noted.

While it's good to work hard and work smart, if you don't have connections (in Nigeria), you'll need God's special grace to accomplish your dreams.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Curious346: 4:43am On Aug 21, 2023
Greatness
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yankee101: 4:44am On Aug 21, 2023
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Creamypie(m): 4:46am On Aug 21, 2023
This man talks too much. Cho cho cho.zuckerberg and elun musk wey u no even fit qualify to become their security man u no dey hear their voice at all

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by waice6571: 4:52am On Aug 21, 2023
The race is not to the swift neither the battle to the strong but, it is of the Lord that shows mercy. He said; I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

When God chooses a man as a candidate of his mercy, there's nothing that can stop him.

I remain a candidate of God's mercy in Jesus name.

#edited

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Reelz: 4:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Congratulations sire. soar higher..
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by saysoo: 5:02am On Aug 21, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://punchng.com/1459845-2/
lies!!!!, you decieved then chairman Bello Osagie with the inflated and bogus shares values from that wicked woman Ndi Onyiuke Okereke. The conversion from manual banking to digital made all possible. Ordinary market women,bus drivers,old people shares running into billions where then inherited by you and friends. After SLS dealt with the digital banking arresting many but some shielded by OBJ with Transcorp connection,no one has ever made such leap again. Many hidden things but they will not say it but always give thanks to God like Folorunsho Alakija. I swear if this country is the US,UK or CHINA , TE will be serving life jail time or executed. Nigeria can only work when people expose criminals.

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by meum: 5:03am On Aug 21, 2023
There’s a story behind this story. This one na motivational talk.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by TuEase: 5:06am On Aug 21, 2023
He will only tell us the part of the story, what of the other side of the story

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Basicend: 5:06am On Aug 21, 2023
Former STB founder. . Very rugged guy. .

The guy na like Aig of Access Bank. . Slave driver. .

He tried sha. . He maximized his youthful years.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 21, 2023
I choose not to believe you in regard to Mario Puzo's Godfather, he said:👇

"Behind every man's fortune, there is a crime".

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by ecolime(m): 5:12am On Aug 21, 2023
Hmmm....

Yorubas have this proverb; “Isale Oro L'egbin

The root of wealth is filthy

I won't say more than this.

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by flexyrule(m): 5:13am On Aug 21, 2023
"Behind every huge wealth, there is a crime".

~Mario Puzo

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by sofiscatedmoron: 5:13am On Aug 21, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by akinmusi(m): 5:14am On Aug 21, 2023
Hmm.

Toni my guy
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:15am On Aug 21, 2023
You had wealthy people interested in installing you for their own gains and yours. Stop playing

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by SAMBARRY: 5:16am On Aug 21, 2023
Ok
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Elove1: 5:17am On Aug 21, 2023
Most of this top OG’s started with fraud and I know we are not ready for this conversation .. all dog Dey eat shit but dog wey carry shit for mouth na shit eater

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Obzy: 5:17am On Aug 21, 2023
Only God.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Darlingme(f): 5:21am On Aug 21, 2023
Very true. Success is not for everyone. Is not enough to desire it. You must work hard to achieve it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by visaclick: 5:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Same way elon musk claim to work on his car because he couldn’t afford a car repair but guess what that car is “A MACLAREN”.

Rich people are full of shit

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:24am On Aug 21, 2023
Na so dangote talk say he started business with 500k...back in 1977

https://www.nairaland.com/4797286/1977-41-years-ago-dangote

You know how much 500k be back then?

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas / How Can One Stop Betting Habit In 2019? / BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.