Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu (20453 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents– Tony Elumelu / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by jayAjoku(m): 5:27am On Aug 21, 2023
Useless bank of Africa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by concacid: 5:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Motivational...
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by owolabi5: 5:34am On Aug 21, 2023
TOE Way

Car Papers

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by mu2sa2: 5:40am On Aug 21, 2023
bigdammyj:
Noted.

While it's good to work hard and work smart, if you don't have connections (in Nigeria), you'll need God's special grace to accomplish your dreams.
Without God's special grace which connections will you have? God's favour determines everything.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by saysoo: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2023
mu2sa2:
Without God's special grace which connections will you have? God's favour determines everything.
Even with criminals? Leave God out of your dirty decisions to cheat,destroy,kill and evil ways.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2023
The man loves to humble brag

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Martinsmine(m): 5:49am On Aug 21, 2023
Big thief

2 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Ilaje1: 5:49am On Aug 21, 2023
All na wash. Tony na guy man. Was hoping he would talk about how he defrauded Femi Otedola of $20m which enabled him to take over UBA.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by grandstar(m): 5:50am On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:
You had wealthy friends whom
Funded and introduced you to connected people

He found those friends, why not find yours?

4 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by FireUpNow(m): 5:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Believe this man at your own peril. There is a crime somewhere before he got to this level. Check mafia movies and you will know. Behind every successful man there is a big crime. Lessons learnt from reading books by great writers like Mario Puzo, Jeffrey Archer and Harley Chase.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by grandstar(m): 5:58am On Aug 21, 2023
Mrchippychappy:
Na so dangote talk say he started business with 500k...back in 1977

https://www.nairaland.com/4797286/1977-41-years-ago-dangote

You know how much 500k be back then?

Do you know how much 500k then was?

I remember in 1981 buying Mars chocolate for 50k. A Mars bar today should be around N400. So, 1981 500k could buy 1m Mars bar.

1m Mars bars today would cost 400m.

We are talking of 500k in 1977 if I'm correct. Don't be too quick to judge.

EDIT:

You were right. I just read the link.

We are actually saying the same thing!

9 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by aestake: 6:06am On Aug 21, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
God chooses whom he blesses
grin
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Babastrong(m): 6:07am On Aug 21, 2023
Which hardwork? some people out there work harder and smarter than you yet nothing to show for it. NA GOD CHOOSE YOU NOT YOUR DISCIPLINE.

3 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Dozie32(m): 6:10am On Aug 21, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://punchng.com/1459845-2/

God will surely see us through. Amen
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:12am On Aug 21, 2023
Wotowotoman:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read on Nairaland. Oh Lord, I wish to unsee this post. Chai 🤦‍♀️

So you don't know there are lots of dumb folks on this forum who claim to be intelligent. Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by coputa(m): 6:13am On Aug 21, 2023
But with a dirty conscience.Can you tell your children how you made your money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by buharibanjo(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2023
Who de work hard pass Labourers?
Who discipline pass Mai Ruwa or Mai Shago??
All these yarnings seff ehn
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by grandstar(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2023
Wotowotoman:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read on Nairaland. Oh Lord, I wish to unsee this post. Chai 🤦‍♀️

What do you know? I lived at a time when 4 Naira drop could take you from Ikeja to Race Course, Onipan.

I probably knew the price of indomie noodles when you born.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by coputa(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2023
grandstar:

He found those friends, why not find yours?
You.must be in a vantage position to be used by the busswazees, that's the only way they can befriend you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Elibaba1: 6:19am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail

Even Otedola’s father cheated people as a Governor.
Femi used his father’s wealth and connections to build on whatever he has now.
There’s no clean billionaire anywhere in the world! . So?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by remiopash: 6:21am On Aug 21, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://punchng.com/1459845-2/
Ahahahahahaha ... Card maintenance charges nko? Illegal deductions nko?

4 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Kukutente23: 6:23am On Aug 21, 2023
Seyi8750:
grin
This is exactly what he's talking about
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by eddynaira125: 6:24am On Aug 21, 2023
Look at this guy trying to insult Otedola, just keep sending indirect insult to him, We know your type very well

Those things are not the only things that gave you success, your secret have been reveal long ago

1. Smartness
2. Cunning doings
3. Dead to conscience

This three are your major route to your self acclaimed success

Real Business Mafia within Nigeria are fully aware, so they know how to deal with you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by grandstar(m): 6:25am On Aug 21, 2023
coputa:
You.must be in a vantage position to be used by the busswazees, that's the only way they can befriend you.

If you want to find rich people or be connected to them, why not enquire through Google? You'll be shocked at what you learn.

One of the ways to find connections is to join a social club like Ikoyi or Island clubs.

The best way in my opinion for someone from a poor background to make connections is to deliver extraordinary good service in everything you do. A good name opens door.

My dad waa a chartered surveyor from a poor background. Yet, one of his clients was FFK's father and many influential people. They'd be recommending you to their buddies.

8 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Vinnie2000(m): 6:27am On Aug 21, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
God chooses whom he blesses

You have a Point.🤨

But If you as a Individual is consistent in Hardwork, discipline and keeping Good relationship,
The Universe will favour you to become Rich. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by MD45: 6:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Tony should keep quiet there! We know the people to listen to for mentorship and advice, not your type!

3 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by BigYash: 6:28am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail
No mind that motivational DJ speaker..

4 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by oyeb15: 6:30am On Aug 21, 2023
These guys eat up our subsidy,get tax waivers, forex discount from CBN , borrow billions of loans and cohorts write it off as bad debts. They will sell out unrealistic shares of their liquidated companies and cash out .

UBA will just enter your account and start debiting you unnecessary charges. They have arrogant staffs. Their ATM once eat my money after rolling and saying collect your money. It open and no cash come out.

These people are d enemies of Nigeria.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Vinnie2000(m): 6:33am On Aug 21, 2023
Greyworld:
Then Nigeria still had direction. However, hard work and dedication pays. Even if you don't become a billionaire you won't rely on 30k propaganda allowance which can't allow you think properly.

Work smart!!

Dat's the point some are Missing here.😕

He didn't say Hardwork and Discipline MUST make you a billionaire.😒

@least, it is sure to make you live a Comfortable life. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by chukkystar(m): 6:33am On Aug 21, 2023
He is taking shots at Otedola. But Tony made His money from short-changing others that is facts

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns / How Can One Stop Betting Habit In 2019? / 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.