Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu (20434 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents– Tony Elumelu / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by ogundeleai(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2023
The same Transcorp many Nigerians purchase thier stocks since 2004 and nothing come out of it either in the form of dividend or Bonus till date..
A case of collecting from poor to pay the rich..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Wotowotoman: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2023
grandstar:

If you want to find rich people or be connected to them, why not enquire through Google? You'll be shocked at what you learn.

One of the ways to find connections is to join a social club like Ikoyi or Island clubs.

The best way in my opinion for someone from a poor background to make connections is to deliver extraordinary good service in everything you do. A good name opens door.

My dad waa a chartered surveyor from a poor background. Yet, one of his clients was FFK's father and many influential people. They'd be recommending you to their buddies.

First of all, how you expect poor man to join Ikoyi club? Person wey never see food chop?

Then, you really believe say wealthy people dey join gbo gbo ero club like Ikoyi club and Island club wey any average person fit join? You don ever hear of Boat Club wey your type can only enter to do waiter or toilet cleaner job?

Guy, the more I read your posts, the more I’m convinced that wisdom no dey come with old age. Oh lawd why do I keep reading this guy’s posts? 🙈🤦‍♀️

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Vinnie2000(m): 6:37am On Aug 21, 2023
Darlingme:
Very true. Success is not for everyone. Is not enough to desire it. You must work hard to achieve it.

👍👍

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by bluefilm: 6:39am On Aug 21, 2023
Who cares?

If you like, become the first Chairman of Nairaland PLC.

Nonsense. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by IamAtAnger: 6:42am On Aug 21, 2023
U dey mind am?... mtchewwww
Creamypie:
This man talks too much. Cho cho cho.

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by yinkeys(m): 6:44am On Aug 21, 2023
This clever man is saying rubbish
In 2023, the rules have changed.
In the 80’s and early 90’s people started banks.
Today it’s extremely hard for SME’s to succeed
It’s not what you know but who you know
Even Dangote gets help from the government that monopolize some industries
Deplorable cost of living & skyrocketing inflation rates
The internet is your only rescue in modern times
Why are gsk & others planning to leave?
No one leaves when profit margins are decent
Some of the practical questions we should be asking ourselves
I’m not going to put down anyone that used cunning methods to get their wealth because they are on survival of the fittest mode, especially without godfathers.
My observation:
The uprise of online services/banking apps like moniepoint, billpoint etc. The owners are very smart individuals but do you really think they started with legit clean money.
Breaking the rules so long you don’t get caught or it can’t be proven seem to be the order of the day in Nigeria

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by propsad3: 6:44am On Aug 21, 2023
The truth is that during that your time success wasn't a hard deal, with little commitment, zeal and focus you can become successful. Nigeria was at its formative years and years of boom and competition wasn't much. Today for you be successful you have to go extra mile and think out of the box.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by ehikwe22: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail
Otedola is even dirtier. He can't take what hr dishes out to people that's why he's always whining and talking about suicides

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Amumaigwe: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:
You had wealthy friends whom
Funded and introduced you to connected people

Even if your claim is true, for a poor boy to have rich friends that "funded and introduced him to connected people" that made him richer than his so call rich friends is a great achievement. Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by omoyankee3(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2023
I noticed they all say hardwork. However, there are many people that work hard and still don't make it. Successful people attribute their success to their abilities, while failures blame external forces. But there's a higher principle at play...time and chance happens to them all.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Pauliaette(m): 6:54am On Aug 21, 2023
The system needs a little bit of luck, cos I try but they keep on rejecting me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2023
qwertyuioplm:
Initial funds came from were
You dey mind am. Incomplete stories everywhere...
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Alaga2222(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
God chooses whom he blesses

God blesses everyone, seeing another day is a blessing. So be thankful and keep praying 🙏

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Inkling(f): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2023
bigdammyj:
Noted.

While it's good to work hard and work smart, if you don't have connections (in Nigeria), you'll need God's special grace to accomplish your dreams.

This work smart mantra is the reason many are into online fraud today. Work hard first before thinking of smart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by blowjohn(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2023
It's always easy to give motivational talk like this when u have made it big.
U did never have said this 40 years ago.

By the way all thiz are trash. U had connections, money and a circle of rich people so stop deceiving us.

If u don't have capital ur going nowhere.

If it's hard work u think say billionaires no for plenty.

Trust most billionaires at ur own peril

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by highchief1: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://punchng.com/1459845-2/
thats why u have sworn not to help anybody too.no wahala bros

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2023
visaclick:
Same way elon musk claim to work on his car because he couldn’t afford a car repair but guess what that car is “A MACLAREN”.

Rich people are full of shit
😂😂😂😂
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by FreeStuffsNG: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:

Smh. Wealthy friends is not his case if you know his story on Broad street, Lagos as a young banker who is very hungry for success. Create value, bring to the market place and exchange for value. Good friends are a plus but not responsible for his kind of success.

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Bestbeelieve: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2023
u nefa talk tru...
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by BluntCrazeMan: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2023
Yen Yeenn Ye-Ye-Yen
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by franchasofficia: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail
You know them well cheesy

Otedola too did his own.

We have little or no true billionaires, except those in commodity Trading, Tech and few from Diaspora, the rest are mostly disguised retired 419ners, wire wire, drug, FOREX round-tripping scammers like Aliko and co

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by IyaTola: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:

You are smart.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by shanktang(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:

And otedola did not cheat? Was it not all over the news in 2010/11 of how he betrayed Dangote his friend and the news was big, forget there's no Saint anywhere, these people became big because they knew how to manoeuvre their ways around the corridors of power and what you should be praying is for God to grant you that same grace and wisdom, how did you think Adenuga became big.
Leave story and pray for yourself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by IyaTola: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2023
grandstar:

If you want to find rich people or be connected to them, why not enquire through Google? You'll be shocked at what you learn.

One of the ways to find connections is to join a social club like Ikoyi or Island clubs.

The best way in my opinion for someone from a poor background to make connections is to deliver extraordinary good service in everything you do. A good name opens door.

My dad waa a chartered surveyor from a poor background. Yet, one of his clients was FFK's father and many influential people. They'd be recommending you to their buddies.

This were the big boys are. I recall one evening at the club, it's a memory to realish.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by OboOlora(f): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:

If there’s a way to like a comment more than 100times on Nairaland, it will be yours I would do first!
Don’t mind the guy, it’s like Aig or Herbert saying the same thing. Awon cowboy bankers🤣

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by EmeraldJD: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2023
I pity people that will take TOE's post seriously.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Ilaje1: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2023
Elibaba1:

Even Otedola’s father cheated people as a Governor.
Femi used his father’s wealth and connections to build on whatever he has now.
There’s no clean billionaire anywhere in the world! . So?

Femi used his father's name to build his own connection else his male siblings would be rich like him. His father's tenure as gov was very short. Moreover his father wasn't the favourite, it's because two heavy weights were fighting each other thereby paved way for Otedola sr.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by jaxxy(m): 7:33am On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:

it that what he told u? wealthy friends won't even help u unless they have something to gain from the business.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2023
Great
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by MrsTwrite(f): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2023
Early morning motivation.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by RealityGod: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:

This comment is false: “Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did.”

Most thief will rather take to women, clubbing building irrelevant projects and in some cases marrying extra wives. God don bless this man. Wealth has some little tricks attached to it. The honest truth is all what you mentioned against him is not enough to make him this wealthy else other thieves and hired assassins would be among the richest in the country.

This level of wealth operates on a mystery.

3 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Ilaje1: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2023
chukkystar:
He is taking shots at Otedola. But Tony made His money from short-changing others that is facts

No, he's not taking shot at Otedola. Dem no born am well. Even when Otedola spoke out on how Tony defrauded him $20m, he didn't respond. Instead he was saying Femi na him brother. That it's only He follows on IG after his wife. If he takes a shot at Femi, Femi go scatter the table.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas / How Can One Stop Betting Habit In 2019? / How To Change OPAY Account Number (phone Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.