Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu (20452 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents– Tony Elumelu / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by CSTRR: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2023
Ilaje1:

No, he's not taking shot at Otedola. Dem no born am well. Even when Otedola spoke out on how Tony defrauded him $20m, he didn't respond. Instead he was saying Femi na him brother. That it's only He follows on IG after his wife. If he takes a shot at Femi, Femi go scatter the table.
He is far richer than otedola.
There is little otedola can do to him.

He has deeper connections too.

That he didn't respond then, means there is no point to it.

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by ConfidentialDoc: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail

You should know that he's codedly shading Otedola in his article.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Spiff20(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2023
They will never say who helped them they'll only say hardwork, sacrifice and discipline.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by shanktang(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Ilaje1:

Why una dey lie? Using another entity to buy someone stock is different from committing fraud. Secondly it Dangote that use his cousin to buy Otedola's stocks. So it is the other way round. But I guess you just heard the word betray.

Oh Yes you're right, actually started learning English just last night, the man is made, go pray for yourself that God will grant you grace to and wisdom to get to their level, and I put it to you non of them that is a billionaire up there that haven't stepped on the toes of another or haven't been a beneficiary of the corrupted system in operation in Nigeria, finally I've seen all your posts and all I see is nothing but a stench of ethnic bias and nepotistic sentiments, try and maintain a neutral perspective in your views.
Otedola is somebody I respect so much but I don't like it when you come out to say somebody did something to you that you're equally guilty of, there's no Saint amongst all of them.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Kemadealadire(f): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2023
The statements in bold👌💯
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Chuckas(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2023
I tap in to your grace my boss..... I respect you
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Babastrong(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2023
[quote author=theamazonguru post=125251781]

You nailed it.
When you are successful you become a motivational speaker.

We self don try for hustling oh. Na become we never hammer that's why we no fit dey give motivational speeches everywhere, every time.

Talk of discipline commitment, delayed gratification, hardwork etc nothing wey we no dey apply, yet we never hammer. Na only fraud and clandestine crooked business ethics we never apply.

Abeg make oga TOE leave motivation now make he tell us the real deals wey him do to make those mega money.
[my
brother,
don't
be
deceived.
those
guys
will
not
tell
us
the
REAL
SECRET
of
their
wealth.]
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yankee101: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2023
Let me educate you a little about banking and first comer opportunities

The Capital base to start a bank was a billion naira

Lesser for a regional bank

If you have no idea the hush puppy’s garnered over 200m$ (That’s a number of banks)

Hush puppy could have opened a full Nigerian bank

That’s just one person

You have no idea what numbers 419 boys are pulling in Lekki

So yes, he was a crook

The principle of early entrants gives you opportunities you can’t get or harder to get in latter years

Like Flutterwage and Andela (I’m not saying this were funny money, but there were some funny practices though, not the topic of this discourse)

RealityGod:

This comment is false: “Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did.”

Most thief will rather take to women, clubbing building irrelevant projects and in some cases marrying extra wives. God don bless this man. Wealth has some little tricks attached to it. The honest truth is all what you mentioned against him is not enough to make him this wealthy else other thieves and hired assassins would be among the richest in the country.

This level of wealth operates on a mystery.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Gbigbonnew: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2023
This man should just go and rest for a while and stop talking. People have done more than you did and did not become rich. You are just one of the favoured ones by Jehovah. You can tell your stories to those who do not know your antecedents and not to somebody like me. Can you tell us how you managed the then Standard Trust Bank? How many times was the bank caught in illegal forex deals (round tripping) that you almost lost your licence if not for the intervention of eminent personalities and the corrupt nature of some CBN bank examination officials? This is stealing and has nothing to do with honesty and hardwork It is not everybody that has the big heart to do so. There was another merchant bank you managed (cant remember the name now), tell us how you manage the forex deals. The bank is at Amodu Tijani close, off Sanusi Fafunwa. Like I said earlier, you are just lucky and fortunate and that is it. Your bank has the one of the worst working conditions for casual workers. You started this type of working condition (casualisation) with Standard Trust Bank. You believe so much in cheap labour and this is the norm amongst the banks in Nigeria. Oga thank God for sailing through. Thank you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yankee101: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2023
OboOlora:

If there’s a way to like a comment more than 100times on Nairaland, it will be yours I would do first!
Don’t mind the guy, it’s like Aig or Herbert saying the same thing. Awon cowboy bankers🤣

This guy na insider you be, as you mention that click of AIG and Herbert, na dem dem lol.
He was the main target of Lamido Sanusi’s CBN
HIs crookedness saved him
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by OboOlora(f): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:

This guy na insider you be, as you mention that click of AIG and Herbert, na dem dem lol.
He was the main target of Lamido Sanusi’s CBN
HIs crookedness saved him
Baba u to sabi.
Amongst the multimillionaires and billionaires, beef sef de. Notable is the one between Jim Ovia and most of them when Emefelie was CBN Gov

2 Likes

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Princewill1(m): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2023
It's public knowledge that Tony is a confirm Guy-man.

Forget about hard work, dedication bla bla bla

You need manipulation, cheating, risk taking, smartness and recognition of rare opportunity to build his kind of wealth.

It's only "discipline" I can take away from what he said. You may use any method to make money but you need discipline to keep and manage money.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Gentlesniper(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2023
saysoo:
lies!!!!, you decieved then chairman Bello Osagie with the inflated and bogus shares values from that wicked woman Ndi Onyiuke Okereke. The conversion from manual banking to digital made all possible. Ordinary market women,bus drivers,old people shares running into billions where then inherited by you and friends. After SLS dealt with the digital banking arresting many but some shielded by OBJ with Transcorp connection,no one has ever made such leap again. Many hidden things but they will not say it but always give thanks to God like Folorunsho Alakija. I swear if this country is the US,UK or CHINA , TE will be serving life jail time or executed. Nigeria can only work when people expose criminals.

God bless you so much for this write up. You are actually informed
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yankee101: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2023
OboOlora:

Baba u to sabi.
Amongst the multimillionaires and billionaires, beef sef de. Notable is the one between Jim Ovia and most of them when Emefelie was CBN Gov

You’re a banker (or were) lol
Confirmed, and you’ve been a banker for a while
You know plenty inside gist
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by TheBillyonaire: 11:27am On Aug 21, 2023
Tony does not have friends, not because he does not want friends, because ultra high-networth people are careful about betrayers and cheap games by poor minds who want to be at the top by stealing ideas, betrayals and cheating.

I know Tony feels unhappy about his lack of real true friends. Tony likes to chop alone and will die alone and business partners, not true friends will gather and do great party and bury him.

But the Eulogies will not be from the heart. Change, Tony, Change. You are capable of having true friends.= money no be everything.

Even the TOE Foundation is for stealing business ideas, as well as Equity takeovers from start-ups.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Bfly: 11:27am On Aug 21, 2023
Only discipline, hardwork and sacrifice can do it.
Favour and grace is out of our control and we can't depend on only the two.

The "If you believe type amen" crew suppose don dey get sense by now.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by professore(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2023
Hardwork
Discipline
Sacrifice
Going the extra mile
Authenticity
Wary of social media
Nurture strong bond

Very apt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by lexy2014: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:
What of 419, round tripping and cheating your old employer you worked with as a banker? There’s a reason you’re called cowboy banker.

Any thief with opportunity can accomplish what you did. Not everyone has the soul or strength to be a thIef and hardened at the same time

For Otedola to come out and say you basically cheated him out of transcorp, what of the many many you did it to that don’t have a platform? We’ll be calling out Nigerian elites, no more sweeping under the carpet. You and Dangote should be in jail

This story of him cheating Ebitimi Banigo, can you pls shed some light. Kind of heard of it in passing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Bfly: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2023
saysoo:
lies!!!!, you decieved then chairman Bello Osagie with the inflated and bogus shares values from that wicked woman Ndi Onyiuke Okereke. The conversion from manual banking to digital made all possible. Ordinary market women,bus drivers,old people shares running into billions where then inherited by you and friends. After SLS dealt with the digital banking arresting many but some shielded by OBJ with Transcorp connection,no one has ever made such leap again. Many hidden things but they will not say it but always give thanks to God like Folorunsho Alakija. I swear if this country is the US,UK or CHINA , TE will be serving life jail time or executed. Nigeria can only work when people expose criminals.

He never said he is a saint. And there is no rich saint anywhere. But i believe discipline, hardwork and sacrifices can give you what you desire in life. It is about you narrowing the discipline, hardwork and sacrifices on things you desire in life.
He must have really worked hard to be able to be in the company of Bello Osagie. I won't credit him for fraud if it really happened.
He has done more to lift many people out of poverty here in the world.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by lexy2014: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2023
Princewill1:
It's public knowledge that Tony is a confirm Guy-man.

Forget about hard work, dedication bla bla bla

You need manipulation, cheating, risk taking, smartness and recognition of rare opportunity to build his kind of wealth.

It's only "discipline" I can take away from what he said. You may use any method to make money but you need discipline to keep and manage money.

And social media
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by OboOlora(f): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2023
Yankee101:

You’re a banker (or were) lol
Confirmed, and you’ve been a banker for a while
You know plenty inside gist
Ma be speaker Makanaki🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by buzorcharles(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Yet ur UBA still slaves their contract worker.
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by saysoo: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bfly:

He never said he is a saint. And there is no rich saint anywhere. But i believe discipline, hardwork and sacrifices can give you what you desire in life. It is about you narrowing the discipline, hardwork and sacrifices on things you desire in life.
He must have really worked hard to be able to be in the company of Bello Osagie. I won't credit him for fraud if it really happened.
He has done more to lift many people out of poverty here in the world.
You may be right with the Bello thing,he was not the target. The unclaimed billion from dead peoples account with billions worth of shares that was not converted to digital banking was the target. That was why I said in US,UK he will be serving life. Then the Ndi fraud was also part of the game. Yes he was smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yankee101: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
lexy2014:

This story of him cheating Ebitimi Banigo, can you pls shed some light. Kind of heard of it in passing

You don hear am already
These guys are common thieves
A number of them are now CEOS, that’s were they got their capital to start STB and co, including backstabbing and helping the bank to collapse

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Goldbw122(m): 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by michresakidjo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2023
I heard some unsavory comments about this man's shady business deals. How he steals ideas from people to expand his businesses tentacles.However, I don't know how true this was. It's a known fact that most rich people around us today have some ugly ,dirty and filthy furtive dealings that helped them to be stupendously rich.

There's no truly wealthy individuals in Nigeria, especially among the ones with wealth running into dollars can publicly declared how they made it to the top. There's a fraud in the corporate world. Dogs eat dogs

Fish eat fish

"To be human you have to eat inhumane".
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by grandstar(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
Wotowotoman:

First of all, how you expect poor man to join Ikoyi club? Person wey never see food chop?

Then, you really believe say wealthy people dey join gbo gbo ero club like Ikoyi club and Island club wey any average person fit join? You don ever hear of Boat Club wey your type can only enter to do waiter or toilet cleaner job?

Guy, the more I read your posts, the more I’m convinced that wisdom no dey come with old age. Oh lawd why do I keep reading this guy’s posts? 🙈🤦‍♀️

In my post I said, "The best way in my opinion for someone from a poor background to make connections is to deliver extraordinary good service in everything you do. A good name opens door."

Joining Ikoyi or Island clubs obviously weren't obviously the first options for the poor. It is no better than me suggesting that you want the poor to join Boat club. Would you not consider me very daft? Of course you would.

I probably can't afford Boat Club. Those guys either own private jets or fly first class. Na economy class I dey use. I no dey pass my boundary. Dem dey travel go London every week and have mansions there. I was last there in 2020 and came back 21st March same year, 2 days before the start of their lockdown.

Please pray fervently I blow
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by phemmyfour: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
livebyday:
You had wealthy friends whom
Funded and introduced you to connected people.

To you all quoting me , I am not speaking hear say or rumors. TOE had help lots of it.

This is why it's good not to burn bridges or let poverty diestey your mind to the extent that you only see friends as a source of free food or money .

Have class and people with class will be drawn around you. Money can't buy class.

Alot of Nairalanders here don't seem to understand this. They don't think of tomorrow they abuse an act lik animals thinking they are anonymous and it doesn't matter.

What they don't know is that this same behaviour permeates everything they do and affects their daily life offline

Just look at freestuffzng or mannabbggrillz or helinuesbfor an example start from old comments and watch the decline . These sort of people wil never find anyone who will help or believe in them.

Always be guarded in your doings you don't know who is watching

You tell yourself that it's only online you hate Yoruba or it's only online you hate igbo or Hausa , such tinkin sticks to you like glue.

When you meet someone who is supposed tohelp you they will just senses there is something off about you. They will never help you. You will think it's your village people affecting you or JuJu , no you are reaping the rewards for hateful thinking
Seconded. Without wealthy associates with questionable source of wealth, such can't be achieved in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by Yoighaman(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ilaje1:

Femi used his father's name to build his own connection else his male siblings would be rich like him. His father's tenure as gov was very short. Moreover his father wasn't the favourite, it's because two heavy weights were fighting each other thereby paved way for Otedola sr.

That person you responded to, is definitely a kid. Nairaland is full of them. Instead of asking questions before posting, they just post waaaaah....
Re: I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu by gudugudumeje: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
WHO bargained you there other than Obasanjo and his sociopaths league? Ain't there better persons than you at all those times....

Please stop bragging.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns / How Can One Stop Betting Habit In 2019? / 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.