Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage (30265 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / Need Your Advice On What To Do About My Late Sister Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I hope you take good care of those and you make sure no harm come to them even as you work towards figuring out your next steps. undecided

Sure. Thank you for your concern you especially.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by aisha1314(f): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod

This is really said honestly. It saddens my heart to read things like this.
I understand you have good intentions, you are willing to care for them but just not able. That is understandable. I suggest putting them in an orphanage especially as you mentioned you're now unable to pay your rent. You can't be homeless with children. At least an orphanage will give them a place to stay.
But maybe, since you say you love them as your own children you could tell the orphanage you don't want them being adopted so that in the future when things are better for you, you could get them back.
It's sad that their father is most likely a deadbeat who doesn't want to be involved.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Loveabove, how far? Did you find a place for the boys yet? Have you at least had the talk to them explaining why you need to put them in an orphanage and the advantages versus the disadvantages of going homeless with them? Please do not hide anything from them about what is going on and what your intents are so they are assured that you are not also abandoning them like their father and their mother before you did. (YES, to kids, even when a parent died, it does feel like an abandonment --- rejection even.) undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Loveabove, how far? Did you find a place for the boys yet? Have you at least had the talk to them explaining why you need to put them in an orphanage and the advantages versus the disadvantages of going homeless with them? Please do not hide anything from them about what is going on and what your intents are so they are assured that you are not also abandoning them like their father and their mother before you did. (YES, to kids, even when a parent died, it does feel like an abandonment --- rejection even.) undecided

Thank you for your concern. They have been contact online and offline asking me to hold on with them for a while and they will get back to me. So they are still with me for now.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Loveabove:
■ Thank you for your concern. They have been contact online and offline asking me to hold on with them for a while and they will get back to me. So they are still with me for now.
Ok. Please make sure those kids are equally aware of the situation so they don't get the wrong idea ---- like thinking you are trying to sell them off. At that age, the imagination can run pretty wild. I do hope you can find gainful employment soonest so you don't have to be separated from those children at all. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results / Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo) / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.