Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage (30168 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / Need Your Advice On What To Do About My Late Sister Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by isunday: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Just this simple question for you and whatever your answer is do so.

If you were the one that originally gave birth to the kids, will you take them to the orphanage considering the reason(s) you have put forward here.?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loyalty1: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
adelafe2019:
O.P. is not truthful yet he is asking for our honest advice.O.p. did not disclose her age and occupation which would have helped us in giving advice.

People asked about the children's father(s) but she keep mute and still expects readers to give advice.
It seems the children had no fathers due to promiscuity of her sister and that is why o.p. wrote that she did not want to explain how they were born.

O.p. has made up her mind to drop them at an orphanage and only want your endorsement in order to justify her consent and for future reference.
You are mean
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
adelafe2019:
O.P. is not truthful yet he is asking for our honest advice.O.p. did not disclose her age and occupation which would have helped us in giving advice.

People asked about the children's father(s) but she keep mute and still expects readers to give advice.
It seems the children had no fathers due to promiscuity of her sister and that is why o.p. wrote that she did not want to explain how they were born.

O.p. has made up her mind to drop them at an orphanage and only want your endorsement in order to justify her consent and for future reference.

You can see
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by shoboy9: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
Have you tried gofundme? Reach out as widely as possible and forget pride. Ask for advice. Some will mock. Leave Mata and face survival mode.
Also involve God. I don't mean pastors. There is nothing God cannot do. What will you do for God if He gets you out of this? It's personal. If you are desperate enough, you will promise. If it's something you won't do, don't waste your time.
All the best.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by MarketDispatch: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=Loveabove post=1mod[/i][/quote]

If they were your own Children, what would you do? Would you still take them to the Orphanage?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
shoboy9:
■ Have you tried gofundme? Reach out as widely as possible and forget pride. Ask for advice. Some will mock. Leave Mata and face survival mode.
■ Also involve God. I don't mean pastors. There is nothing God cannot do. What will you do for God if He gets you out of this? It's personal. If you are desperate enough, you will promise. If it's something you won't do, don't waste your time.
All the best.
How does she go about using GoFundMe?

2. Look around you at the millions of children that walk the streets from morning to night time all over Nigeria. God does not have his hands in these things that men do to themselves so it is probably best to leave God out of this. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by blackgold2018(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rushna27:
As nice as your intentions are towards those kids but sorry to say if they were yours biologically, will you do sameif you will then let your conscience take the proposed action!!!But I'm sure you won't cos a mother is willing to do any type of menial jobs so as to cater for her child.....Pls do unto them as you would for your biological child,not easy though but we all pay sacrifices for what we love...... Shalom!!
op is very heartless.. there’s no justification at all to give those children up.

We are supposed to understand circumstances happens. This world has been programmed already. She wouldn’t know how her life might change for good in the future if she does the right thing. Op might not even know she’s about to lay curse upon herself.

Over my dead body to do same to my late sisters kids. I love those children with my life. Infant I shedded tears when I read the part OP said she will give out the children to orphanage

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Dadatao1998: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
I need your say on this please
Hmm, there is nothing much good as taking care of your child/children yourself, they can never have 💯% home/ child training anywhere else particularly orphanage homes where they will be with children with various character, but nature has it's way of turning things against our mind.
Based on your current conditions, you can take them there as that is the only way for you but make sure you are going there to check on them frequently and when you are back on your feet, you can take them back.
I wish you and the children the very best of luck in life.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
annford:
i'd like to adopt them. if you cannot take care of them, i would gladly adopt them, but we must sign an agreement. You must visit them at least once every 3 months, always speak with them on the phone and never be to far away from them. Never take those kids to any Orphanage, please.

Please are you a man or a woman?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by loliapoopy2013(f): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive are not right. You're thinking about the costs of parenting. What about the returns when they mature?

Your love and loyalty are ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not losing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality, you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they were your kids would you do the same thing?

I share your sentiment, but do you know him? Because You speak as if you know him/ her. How can he/ she think of sending the only surviving relatives to the orphanage? Where will you stay when you are evicted from that house since you can't renew it? Take them with you.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
loliapoopy2013:

I share your sentiment, but do you know him? Because You speak as if you know him/ her. How can he/ she think of sending the only surviving relatives to the orphanage? Where will you stay when you are evicted from that house since you can't renew it? Take them with you.

All this point to sincerely answering this question. What would you or I do if we were the parent ?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by NEROSKY(m): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive is not right. You're thinking if the costs of the parenting. What about the returns when they mature.

Your love and loyalty is ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not loosing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they are your kids would you do the same thing.

When people are not in the situation,they tend to talk rubbish, do you have ideal that bills are killing the living?

Op if taking them that place is the best do it, whenever you are financially capable you'll go and bring them back.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
What is with the storytelling for heaven's sake? undecided

2. You actually think it is better for the 8-year-old to serve as a maid in someone's house rather than being in an orphanage and likely still in school? shocked shocked shocked

3. How many orphanages do you know that do that? Bring names make we report them abeg! undecided

OH never knew they have improved. So what's all these children I see hawking on the streets when they should be in orphanage homes? If Nigerian orphanage homes are doing well, we won't be seeing child beggers on the streets.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
NEROSKY:

When people are not in the situation,they tend to talk rubbish, do you have ideal that bills are killing the living?

Op if taking them that place is the best do it, whenever you are financially capable you'll go and bring them back.

I've been actively involved in training over 15 so far. Some not even related to me. I've been in situations where we had just a meal for a day. I never threw them away I rather starved and they ate. Yes, I begged. Yes, I hawked drinks for us to get just a days meal. But loyalty was never betrayed or the thought of disloyalty entertained
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:
■ OH never knew they have improved. So what's all these children I see hawking on the streets when they should be in orphanage homes? If Nigerian orphanage homes are doing well, we won't be seeing child beggers on the streets.
How many orphanages are you aware of in that Nigeria sef? Most of the kids you meet on the street are actually homeless — not living in an orphanage at all. So, if you know any orphanage that actually sends kids out to beg and hawk, then please go ahead and let us know so we report them. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
How many orphanages are you aware of in that Nigeria sef? Most of the kids you meet on the street are actually homeless — not living in an orphanage at all. So, if you know any orphanage that actually sends kids out to beg and hawk, then please go ahead and let us know so we report them. undecided

Report to who na...? I thought orphanages are government property. Why do we still see homeless children on the streets when we have a place we call orphanage homes? It tells me that the so called orphanage home is nothing to write home about. I am considering the innocent children who may not end well in the orphanage homes.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:
■ Report to who na...? I thought orphanages are government property.
Why do we still see homeless children on the streets when we have a place we call orphanage homes? It tells me that the so called orphanage home is nothing to write home about. I am considering the innocent children who may not end well in the orphanage homes.
1. How can all orphanages be governmental properties? By the way, all the more reason why it is pivotal that the citizens make sure to alert the government when something is not going well in any state-run agency, don't you think? undecided

2. It seems to me that you are desperately trying so hard to be as unreasonable as possible. So, I think it is best to leave you to believe as you choose to. This is 2023, and with google at your fingertips, I see no reason why a grown individual should hold the ideas you do regarding the plight of the homeless children in Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by kennie2015(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Help Initiative
Loveabove:

Please say it here.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. How can all orphanages be governmental properties? By the way, all the more reason why it is pivotal that the citizens make sure to alert the government when something is not going well in any state-run agency, don't you think? undecided

2. It seems to me that you are desperately trying so hard to be as unreasonable as possible. So, I think it is best to leave you to believe as you choose to. This is 2023, and with google at your fingertips, I see no reason why a grown individual should hold the ideas you do regarding the plight of the homeless children in Nigeria. undecided

It's OK may be I have been away from the real Nigeria for too long. If you say Nigeria has improved in the orphanage business, that's good news because, nothing works in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by magicfarad90: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Well if your story is genuine, and can still tell the other side of the story regarding the father, I will advice you sacrifice and take them to Brekete in Abuja.. Meet the Ordinary president, he may be able to help u get good meaning Nigerians who can support ur hustle to take care of those bundle of joy. But make sure ur story is genuine. Because them go ask u question tire.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Chidolalar: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rushna27:
As nice as your intentions are towards those kids but sorry to say if they were yours biologically, will you do sameif you will then let your conscience take the proposed action!!!But I'm sure you won't cos a mother is willing to do any type of menial jobs so as to cater for her child.....Pls do unto them as you would for your biological child,not easy though but we all pay sacrifices for what we love...... Shalom!!

It is easier said than done.
Can u swear that u can wholeheartedly do what you said in your comment if u were in the op situation.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Tony4000: 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
I need your say on this please
just one question, if they were your biological children, if na u born them, will you ever think of taking them to an orphanage?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Lanre1st(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod

I don’t think taking them to orphanage home is a bad idea, but try to exploit all possible alternatives(their dad or dad relative, your extended family help, religion organization assistance) before do so. Because Nigeria is moving fast towards capitalism, nobody care about other except theirselves.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Lanre1st(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
Tony4000:
just one question, if they were your biological children, if na u born them, will you ever think of taking them to an orphanage?

Yes, she won’t but if her prospective husband could not house all of them together, will you tell her not to marry because of her sister children. Moreover, even after she suffer/ sacrifice her happiness to train them their father will now come to claim them for being their biological father. Or the children will be demanding her to show them their father.

If it convenient for her the best is to train them but if it’s not go and give them to any appropriate body that can help and you will not distances to them to check their well-being. Because if she fail to train them right, people will blame her or maybe he husband decides to send her own children to university while her sister children learn handwork they will still blame her
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by billyG(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
Dropping them at orphanage...I doubt U can get them back easily,U go Waka for adoption process tire.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Rushna27(f): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
Chidolalar:

It is easier said than done.
Can u swear that u can wholeheartedly do what you said in your comment if u were in the op situation.
Hello,see every mallam to his kettle..... When things was so bad I went out with less than two months old baby in search of a job and she started day care at that tender age cos I can't watch my kids cry of hunger....hubby couldn't help as at then but tnx to God now.....I only said to do unto the children as she would do for her biological kids...yes truth be told its not easy cos flesh must surely set in....from her tone of the love she has for them it meant she can treat them as hers if she hadn't shown the love I would have jumped at her option....
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rushna27:
■ Hello,see every mallam to his kettle..... When things was so bad I went out with less than two months old baby in search of a job and she started day care at that tender age cos I can't watch my kids cry of hunger....
■ hubby couldn't help as at then but tnx to God now.....I only said to do unto the children as she would do for her biological kids...yes truth be told its not easy cos flesh must surely set in....from her tone of the love she has for them it meant she can treat them as hers if she hadn't shown the love I would have jumped at her option....
So, things were tough but you still had a roof over your head and were able to afford daycare for your baby, abi? undecided

2. You even had a hubby to fall back on even then. Compare what you said and OP's particular situation, and be a bit more honest, please. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Jaffaru2023(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod
if you don't mind let me adopt them
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Waffarianman:

Yh it's fake and a scammer

You all posting everywhere here that the post is fake, I have no idea how much one can scam here but please this post is 100% real.

Did you see me ask anybody for money? What is the intention to scam then?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

What part of kwara state ?

Rogun in Pategi.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
Waffarianman:

Bro E no get anything to prove the Op is a scammer

In your mind? I'm wasting my precious time to reply you.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Loveabove(f): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
toprealman:

I know someone that can adopt them

If you are sure the person will give them good care, please reply PM. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. / Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.