Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage (30203 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by LegallyBlunt: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:

And when things are hard and you can't feed your own kids what do you do. Tell us
You persevere. But because things are hard, people get crazy thoughts. That's why it's best to help them stay positive than criticize or judge them like you just did.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
You persevere. But because things are hard, people get crazy thoughts. That's why it's best to help them stay positive than criticize or judge them like you just did.

Your answer is in you mouth hypocrite
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by grandstar(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove

The founder of Domino's Pizza and his brother were temporarily put into foster care by their single mother who was too poor to take care of them.

It was always an off and on arrangement. Nothing permanent.

Perhaps you can arrange something like that if the orphanage accepts such.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by VIKTO83(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
What's their gender please?
Why not offer them for adoption rather than send them to orphanage?
I suggest u offer them for adoption. My mom's last child grew up in the orphanage. It's good but offering them for adoption is better.
I can be of help.

Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by komzy589(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
It is better to take them to an orphanage than to abandon them on the streets somewhere. undecided
Unfortunately, no sane person will ever do that to their own kids.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by RosyIsBlessed: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Would you be happier if the kids were to become homeless and have to roam the streets day and night in search of food and a place to sleep? Would you rather they slept in the open and as prey to all sorts of predators out there? undecided

And how are you sure of their safety after been sent to orphanage and given out for adoption?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by ezugegere(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:

I have answered those questions up there. I don't see how my age and occupation is important to this.

I wish I had the capacity to adopt those kids

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Nasri100(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
Chi133:

Ask yourself if it were to be your own children will you take them there?

You people just talk outta your a s s e s. OP is about to be homeless. Why do you people act retarded?

Do you want the kids to be sleeping in different places with her?

Isn't it better they stay there pending when she can gather up her funds?

As for you OP, sorry for your troubles. The orphanage home is your best bet right now till you can raise your funds.

You are even a good sibling for attempting to take care of them. In this world people don't care. I have seen enough stories.

Facts remain they aren't even your biological children and i swear if they become somebody tomorrow don't be surprised that deadbeat dad will pop up out of nowhere and they could reconcile tomorrow and forget about you. Thats life.

So do anything for those kids out of love for your sister, Expecting nothing from them in the future.

I HAVE WARNED YOU OOOO

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
komzy589:

Unfortunately, no sane person will ever do that to their own kids.
That is actually what sane individuals do when they find themselves in situations such as OPs. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by blahc007: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive is not right. You're thinking if the costs of the parenting. What about the returns when they mature.

Your love and loyalty is ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not loosing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they are your kids would you do the same thing.
They asked for your advice and suggestions on such matter, you ended up pouring out judgement.

You sound like you have some bitter substances running in your blood
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Karleb(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
08064978510:
Bro Why are you opposing other opinion na, state ur opinion and move on or has the lady in question appoint you as her lawyer or what, live and let live bro ..

Bro, it's a public forum. I can oppose or support any opinion I deem fit.

Just like you just oppose my own opinion.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
■ And how are you sure of their safety after been sent to orphanage and given out for adoption?
You are not sure of their safety but you can visit the orphanage often to keep tabs on them, make sure they are attending school, eating and doing their homework. You can even sue the business if worse comes to worse. Something you cannot do if you abandoned the children out on the streets. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by BronzeTiger: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
descarado:

cheesy
I have been here more than a decade and oldies like me know there various formats.
Pregnancy, children, sick mum, homeless etc are what they usually base their stories on.
Some will use school fees. Nairalanders don't have time again. Before, students will volunteer to check your authenticity in your school and once it reach that level, the person will disappear cheesy
I'm an old member too bro and I didn't even need to read up to the fourth line before I knew this was another scammer with his own cock and bull story. I don't know how some of these front page mods don't do small vetting before pushing this nonsense to the fp. Seun is all about making money while his site keeps on decaying beyond measure.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by RosyIsBlessed: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You are not sure of their safety but you can visit the orphanage often to keep tabs on them and even sue the business is worse comes to worse. Something you cannot do if you abandoned the children out on the streets.

None is better. Look for a job and care for those kids like you would have wished your sister did for you if it were you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by UDUJ(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
GboyegaD:
You can take them to the orphanage and try to support the orphanage as much as you can. Let the management know you would appreciate they don't give them up for adoption as you are coming back to pick them once you are in a good place.

I will go with this
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
■ None is better. Look for a job and care for those kids like you would have wished your sister did for you.
Now you are not making any sense. Who told you OP hasn't been looking for a job all this while? Do jobs always magically come by to save the day or something? Why the irrational leaps and conclusions? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by BronzeTiger: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
ordovicianonly:
Tell us that circumstances surrounding their birth if you really need a good advise . We might be able to advise from there cos those children must have one relative from their father’s side . You can’t just go & drop them in the orphanage without trying your best by looking for their father’s relatives.

Waffarianman:
This your matter get K-leg, they've been asking were is their father and father relatives you're keeping people mute. For me nothing to advise you for until you give us the full gist

That's because the tales are fake and the OP is a scam.
I can't believe most people actually believe this after seeing the OP withhold vital information.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by RosyIsBlessed: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Now you are not making any sense. Who told you OP hasn't been looking for a job all this while? Do jobs always magically come by to save the day or something? Why the irrational leaps and conclusions? undecided

I think you lack understanding, it's not my fault. Look for interpreter to explain my last comment to you. Don't quote me again
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Nasri100(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

This isn't even the perfect reply.

RosyIsBlessed kindly suggest or provide a good job for the OP so she can take care of the kids or simply kindly help adopt them.

You people will be talking bs from the fence forgetting you are in the second poverty capital of the world.

Nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by grandstar(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sirqt5:
2 kids by 2 different fathers . tell d truth. was she ( rip ) promiscuous ?

The first was rape and the second by a good for nothing man whi refused to accept his responsibilities.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by RosyIsBlessed: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nasri100:

This isn't even the perfect reply.

RosyIsBlessed kindly suggest or provide a good job for the OP so she can take care of the kids or simply kindly help adopt them.

You people will be talking bs from the fence forgetting you are in the second poverty capital of the world.

Nonsense.

Is this frustration?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Nerdnextdoor: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
Explore all possible avenues for locating the children's father or any of his relatives or friends before concluding on taking the kids to an orphanage.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by A112: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod
pls don't and if u must do pls explain to them in the orphanage home that u are still coming for them.. Go and get outta with space 2years shalom.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
■ I think you lack understanding, it's not my fault. Look for interpreter to explain my last comment to you. Don't quote me again
Abeg carry this nonsense mentality Waka pass me! undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nerdnextdoor:
Explore all possible avenues for locating the children's father or any of his relatives or friends before concluding on taking the kids to an orphanage.
And what if Op becomes homeless before locating the father's? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by K9blunt(f): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive is not right. You're thinking if the costs of the parenting. What about the returns when they mature.

Your love and loyalty is ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not loosing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they are your kids would you do the same thing.

You're not thinking right and whoever listens to whatever advice you give will end up destroyed.

The op mentioned she will end up homeless without any hope of accommodation, feeding is a huge problem and other hardships. You're talking about blessings... You sick people with poor mentalities think shallowly that there are Blessings to having children with no means to cater for them, all these children wandering about begging for food, money etc... Even end up being a menace to the society, where is the blessing?

You just open mouth Wa! Nonsense and it's relatives.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by tojahh(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Young lady. Take that child to the father or father's people. Na so una wey be women like to seize pikin from their Papa claiming victims all the time. If you take them to ophanage. The father will later come and ask you.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by RosyIsBlessed: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I'm sorry, I just dey carry nonsense mentality dey Waka cry
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by BRATISLAVA: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
They are all over the place pretending they don't know and aren't deadbeat fathers.

There's no scenario brought here that their default isn't to blame the woman.

The orphanage is the best place for them. OP is considerate. The emotional blackmail from men here is needless. Men abandon their own blood for less, she is doing it because she has no other choice.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by sonofsteven: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
I need your say on this please

The father nko?

Some men no worth opening legs for

Abi did he die of certain circumstances too?
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by K9blunt(f): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
Babamide:
Ask yourself this? If the roles are reversed, what would your sister have done?

What is your solution?
Are you ready to cater for her and the children?
Accommodation nko, will you provide for them?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Nasri100(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Is this frustration?

Frustration? I can bet you are part of the gang that were celebrating eating turkey and chicken as enjoyment in that una hell hole called Nigeria. You dey Nigeria dey talk frustration grin grin

I dont blame you people. You guys dont pay child support so how can you understand how demanding it is to raise kids.

I mean properly raise children not those "suffer and struggle" upbringing you people seem to worship AND like in Nigeria.

I swear its very easy to govern Nigerians

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Happy Birthday To Me. A Picture Collage Of My Transformation From Birth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.