Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ (12018 Views)

My Love Diary (love / Deciet / Trust) / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid / Black Love Diary (A Story On Divorce) - MR. POSSIBLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Spagi(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
OH my god, what a shame
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
crystalmoon:
Dey play
No be you go tell me wetin I go do ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Lol.. If others quote the episodes the way you do, do you think you would enjoy scrolling through the story?

It really doesn't make sense because you end up repeating the episode when you quote making it harder for readers to see a new episode.

Just imagine if everyone who comments decides to quote instead of a reply. Yeah, just imagine what it would look like.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Spagi:
OH my god, what a shame

๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜‚
Na konji cause am naa ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Frank don go embarrass him ancestors because of Kpekus ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ why him go try that kind thing in the first place? You dey toast babe, she no dey feel you, you still come get mind go sleep over for her house, that one Sef no pain me. You come get mind patapata dey romance her while she is asleep, ah ah! Dem suppose tie am down come flog am join ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘€

Lemme guess what his preceding actions will be: Stay away from Cynthia and anything that has to do with her. Give Benita a better close marking ๐Ÿคญ and finally summon the courage to do the needful with Benny. This I have seen

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankwriter:

No vex oo.

Thanks, sir/ ma for the compliment.

Hope you're enjoying the story?

Pinkdimples suppose be a girl, right?

Cos I dey find wife like this. And my wife must be an avid reader.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Lol.. I am a lady and a well known reader and once a writer here,I just happened to take a break and also change my username handle.

We need more ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Dangerrard: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
Franky no dey waste time on babe wey dey form jare... at least u don see say Benny might be a more classy babe than her sef. & Benny dey give u this thing for free. Bro no disappoint us, plus other babes don dey feel you since the introduction in class... lock up nd bone hey side, pay attention to other bases. & if she wants to come bck later no too give her body ooo. U too form hard to get.

I'm watching you

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Lol.. I am a lady and a well known reader and once a writer here,I just happened to take a break and also change my username handle.

Okay.

Welcome back.

While did you stopped writing?

Meanwhile, more is coming.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Dangerrard:
Franky no dey waste time on babe wey dey form jare... at least u don see say Benny might be a more classy babe than her sef. & Benny dey give u this thing for free. Bro no disappoint us, plus other babes don dey feel you since the introduction in class... lock up nd bone hey side, pay attention to other bases. & if she wants to come bck later no too give her body ooo. U too form hard to get.

I'm watching you

Lol... No be small thing.

Hard to get indeed. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pinkdimples:

Why you dey dodge him last sentence nah๐ŸŒš๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
YoungBruzzy:

Why you dey dodge him last sentence nah๐ŸŒš๐Ÿ˜‚
Lol I did not dodge it o grin grin allow him to look for wife in peace cheesy
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankwriter:

Okay.

Welcome back.

While did you stopped writing?

Meanwhile, more is coming.
Life happens wink

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Frank don go embarrass him ancestors because of Kpekus ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ why him go try that kind thing in the first place? You dey toast babe, she no dey feel you, you still come get mind go sleep over for her house, that one Sef no pain me. You come get mind patapata dey romance her while she is asleep, ah ah! Dem suppose tie am down come flog am join ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘€

Lemme guess what his preceding actions will be: Stay away from Cynthia and anything that has to do with her. Give Benita a better close marking ๐Ÿคญ and finally summon the courage to do the needful with Benny. This I have seen
E shock me. The guy na mumu. Do not force yourself on a lady, likewise a lady shouldn't force herself on a man.

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Life happens wink

Lol.. What really happened?
I'm curious ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankwriter:

Lol.. What really happened?
I'm curious ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Don't be curious, curiosity isn't good sometimes. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Don't be curious, curiosity isn't good sometimes. grin grin

Alright, you won.

New episode tomorrow
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankwriter:

Alright, you won.

New episode tomorrow
Can't wait โค๏ธโค๏ธ
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Xavier5(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Truth is, Frank will end up with Benita, and definitely, there will be a love battle between the trio, but Benita will end up with him. Her sincere feelings for him will have the way through the red Sea of their ambiguous love triangle.

Benita is the one that has feelings --- don't know if I should call that love --- for him. And I know for certain her feelings are genuine. It has nothing to do with potentials. If it was potential, that wouldn't have fit the narrative. For starters, she's a rich bitch, and as a follow-up, there are lots of rich guys to hook up with. Why waste your time on a dude all in the name of "potentials" when you can and should be with guys whose "potentials" are already realities.

Frank may be blind to Benita because of his infatuation with Cynthia, but reality will come knocking... it always does, and he will know what's what in the game of romance.

From the look of things, the message and theme of the story is or could be, "Seeking love in the right place, and this right place is or could be what or who we've rejected. Who we think we want may not be who is right for us."

But anyways, nice story, but don't you think you need to improve on your dialogues and narration. It appears amateurish, a far cry from the standard in your other story, My Husband and I.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Lol I did not dodge it o grin grin allow him to look for wife in peace cheesy
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2023
Xavier5:
Truth is, Frank will end up with Benita, and definitely, there will be a love battle between the trio, but Benita will end up with him. Her sincere feelings for him will have the way through the red Sea of their ambiguous love triangle.

Benita is the one that has feelings --- don't know if I should call that love --- for him. And I know for certain her feelings are genuine. It has nothing to do with potentials. If it was potential, that wouldn't have fit the narrative. For starters, she's a rich bitch, and as a follow-up, there are lots of rich guys to hook up with. Why waste your time on a dude all in the name of "potentials" when you can and should be with guys whose "potentials" are already realities.

Frank may be blind to Benita because of his infatuation with Cynthia, but reality will come knocking... it always does, and he will know what's what in the game of romance.

From the look of things, the message and theme of the story is or could be, "Seeking love in the right place, and this right place is or could be what or who we've rejected. Who we think we want may not be who is right for us."

But anyways, nice story, but don't you think you need to improve on your dialogues and narration. It appears amateurish, a far cry from the standard in your other story, My Husband and I.

#Xavier

Thanks so much for the long review boss.
Talking about the dialogue and narration, remember this story is more like telling about an event from one person's perspective unlike My Husband and I that came in different person's POV.

I'm trying to write what my audience can relate with, it's intentional. I write for my page on Facebook and they are glad I'm using the simplest form of English to narrate. I've seen couple of comments like that over there.

I'm aware I do more of telling instead of showing in this particular story. Yeah, I'm very much aware of that. If peradventure in the future, I intend to publish the story, it would surely go through a thorough editing.

Thank you so much for your observations and your long comment, Xavier.

We keep improving every day.

One love.
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 7:53am On Sep 14, 2023
Episode 15

That incident at Cynthia's apartment turned out to be my most embarrassing moment on campus. The words she said to me always had a way of recurring in my head. I swore never to have anything to do with her. Yeah, I knew I shouldnโ€™t have tried taking advantage of her, but her calmness was what really moved me, thinking she wanted more.

Besides, she overreacted. I was sure some of her close neighbors overheard her voice that night while I kept begging her to lower her voice, but she didnโ€™t seem to care. I hated myself that moment, but I was glad I left so early before her lodge mate could come out.She might even go ahead to tell her friend, Jessy about the whole incident, and that one would go on to dislike me the more.

I couldnโ€™t even tell Chido about it. He would laugh at me and make a mockery of me. So, after that day, I stopped talking to Cynthia. I avoided her like a plague and she too didnโ€™t bother meeting me after classes as usual.

Well, I didnโ€™t have anything to lose. It was obvious she didnโ€™t feel the same way about me, so I made up my mind to 'freestyle' her matter. Meanwhile, those girls who took my contacts that day at the MTN kept chatting me up, asking when I would be free to have a tutorial with them. But I kept on posting them.

Fast forward to our matric day, the big day for the freshers. That day, my mind was made up not to attend the matriculation. There were two reasons; I felt it wasnโ€™t worth celebrating, hence none of my relatives would grace the occasion due to distance. (Lagos to Owerri). It wasnโ€™t worth the risk and transport fare, to and fro. I barely had friends or coursemates who showed little or no interest in taking pictures with me. The second reason was that I had no suit or new clothes to wear. So I concluded Iโ€™ll be in my lodge and keep my shame.

That Friday morning, I was in my room relaxing. Then the lodge president was going around taxing all the year one students in our lodge. He said we will host a mini party for them later tonight. According to him, it was a norm that freshers do every year. When he came to my room, he said the least I could pay was a thousand naira. I told him I was broke and had nothing on me.
But he insisted that all the freshers in our lodge already paid except me. According to him, some paid five thousand naira, he said trying to convince me.

"Those ones are rich kids, five hundred naira is all I can afford to give you," I told him unapologetically.

"Nawa for you oo," he complained, took the money, and left. He had no option because it wasn't mandatory.

For real, that lodge nearly exhausted me with several contributions and too much borrowing, but 'God pass them.'

Getting to 9:00 a.m. my phone rang and when I checked it was Chido calling.

"Oh boy, how far? Are you still sleeping? Wonโ€™t you go for the matric?" He said.

"No, not going there. I will be sleeping all day."

"Ah, why now? Did anybody offend you?"

"Nobody offended me," I replied lamely.

"Then get ready. Iโ€™m coming to your lodge so we can go together."

"Is it really worth it?"

"Chido gave me reasons why I should attend, and one of the reasons was that matriculation is always once in a lifetime."

"And so, even if I decide to attend, I donโ€™t have any clothes to wear," I told him.

"That one shouldnโ€™t be a problem. Just chill. I will get you a black blazer and one of my shirts," Chido promised. And it had a way it affected me positively. He was really a good and caring friend. He convinced me.

15 minutes later, the dude was in my lodge with the suit blazer and a blue shirt. It was the first-ever suit I had worn since I was born. It made me look different and more handsome. I wore one of my black trousers and black shoes. A wristwatch too, even though it stopped working a few weeks ago.

Chido jokingly said I looked like Pastor Chris, and we laughed over it. He had succeeded in dragging me out after my initial plan of not going anywhere that day. Meanwhile, he wasnโ€™t wearing a suit, but he wore a new dress. One of his uncles had surprised him after he sent messages to them concerning the matriculation. You remember Chido is an orphan, right? Yeah, he has been surviving through support from friends and relatives.

We boarded a bike together to the main auditorium close to Diamond Bank where the matriculation was taking place; matriculation ground. Chido rushed down to meet with his departmental fellows. He was studying mechanical engineering. I think he is very popular in his department, judging from the way his departmental guys hailed him on his arrival.

I was left alone under a tree adjacent to the main auditorium. I saw some of my course mates taking pictures but I felt shy to join them in the group pictures. I equally saw Cynthia and Jessy on heavy makeup. They saw me too, but nobody said a word to each other.

I was in my lane observing the whole movement here and there, students in matriculation gowns and their parents taking pictures. Cars and buses swooshed past. Different campus fellowship were having their gathering under a canopy. The environment bubbled with several activities.

Later on, I saw Chido taking a picture with a very pretty girl. It was later when he returned to the spot where he had left me, he confessed that the girl was his crush. He said he would keep the hard copy of the picture forever. Silly boy. We both laughed over it.

Chido returned with lots of takeaway rice and malts in his hand. He told me he hustled for them because he knew nobody would come for him. I took one of the takeaway rice from him and saved myself from hunger. It was while I was at it, that Benita came with his parents.

"Meets one of the bright students in our faculty," she blew my trumpet, smiling.

"Good afternoon, maโ€™am. Good afternoon, Sir." I greeted them and they both responded. Benitaโ€™s parents looked rich based on their appearance. I could see her father waving his finger and a car key was on it. I saw Benitaโ€™s younger brother behind them. I needed nobody to tell me that he was her brother. Heโ€™s just Benita's male version, her complete replica.

In the end, his father gave me two thousand naira and I couldnโ€™t thank him enough. Benita used his phone and we took a selfie, about four shots. She said She would send them later to me. And that happened to be the only picture I took that day. Chico and I even forgot to take pictures together. Because none of us had a phone with a good camera, the Samsung from Benita also had camera issues aside from battery issues.

Chido returned later with more takeaways. I was wowed. The dude really came out to hustle for food and not to matriculate.
Toward 6:00 p.m. we went back to Eziobodo. He kept advertising the way some parents brought a cooler of rice and drinks just because of their kidโ€™s matriculation.

We got back to my lodge and met a package in front of my door. There was a written note attached to it. I quickly picked it up. It was from Benita. When I unboxed it, cake, rice, assorted meat and soft drinks were in it.

โ€œWow! She brought all these for you. I think that girl loves you,โ€ said Chido. He was excited to see the packages.

โ€œRich kid, they even did a matric cake for her,โ€ I muttered, but deep down I was overwhelmed with joy. Dinner was set, not only dinner, but the following day's breakfast too. The rice was much.

โ€œAs if you donโ€™t like what you see,โ€ Chido teased me.

We happily went inside my room, locked the door, and began with the piece of cake. When Chido tasted the rice, he was wowed. He said he would give out the ones he had gathered earlier. Not a bad day at all.
I called Benita later to appreciate the kind gesture, she said it was nothing. Benita said her parents came with a cooler of rice, a full cake, and drinks and she couldn't exhaust all of that. She also used the opportunity to invite me to her fellowship that coming Sunday. She said more goodies would be shared in church as their fellowship welcomes the new men into campus.

What more could I ask for? Same faculty and the same fellowship. I was ready to change fellowship because of her. Chido compelled me to ask her out but I was skeptical about it. Truth is, I was already falling for her. She melted my heart in a short time and I started developing feelings for her.

It was hard for me to talk to her but, as time went by, I mustered courage to express my feelings. Surprisingly, Benita told me she wasn't ready to have any romantic relationship until she was out of University. I pleaded for a chance with her, I tried just for her to change her mind but she stood her ground.

Benita made it clear that she had feelings for me and wouldn't mind being the mother of my unborn kids, but her decision was certain; no love relationship until after UNIVERSITY.

She offered friendship and I agreed. We became best of friends such that we were nominated as the best couple in the faculty. I did not for once stop telling her that; I needed more than friendship.

Each time I raised this topic, she was quick to remind me of her decision. And if I truly love her, I should be able to respect her decision. We were cool and it became impossible for any of us to date anyone. If I start relating with any lady too much, I'd certainly respond to the query before the end of that week. She didn't want to see me with anyone else, but she wanted us not to date yet.

To be continued...
ยฉ Frank The Writer

Like, Comment and Share. โคโค

4 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Xavier5(m): 8:18am On Sep 14, 2023
frankwriter:

Thanks so much for the long review boss.
Talking about the dialogue and narration, remember this story is more like telling about an event from one person's perspective unlike My Husband and I that came in different person's POV.

I'm trying to write what my audience can relate with, it's intentional. I write for my page on Facebook and they are glad I'm using the simplest form of English to narrate. I've seen couple of comments like that over there.

I'm aware I do more of telling instead of showing in this particular story. Yeah, I'm very much aware of that. If peradventure in the future, I intend to publish the story, it would surely go through a thorough editing.

Thank you so much for your observations and your long comment, Xavier.

We keep improving every day.

One love.
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Simple storytelling and first person narrative doesn't equate to amateurish storytelling. Polish the dialogues and narration while still keeping it simple. My one cent ๐Ÿคท.

Modified: Your last update is better ๐Ÿ˜Žโค๏ธ.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Xavier5:

Simple storytelling and first person narrative doesn't equate to amateurish storytelling. Polish the dialogues and narration while still keeping it simple. My one cent ๐Ÿคท.

Modified: Your last update is better ๐Ÿ˜Žโค๏ธ.

#Xavier

Thanks, Chief.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by quadri956(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
Iโ€™m enjoying this

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Dangerrard: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Abeg one more update today... I take God beg you frank

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Spagi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Wow,i need real love benita

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
quadri956:
Iโ€™m enjoying this

I see.

Glad you're enjoying it
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Dangerrard:
Abeg one more update today... I take God beg you frank

Lol...
Spagi:
Wow,i need real love benita

Lmao.

Happy searching. I hope you find one.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by crystalmoon(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ajeh
This new update sweet me for sotey I con dey daydream

3 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Spagi(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
frankwriter:

Lmao.
Happy searching. I hope you find one.
yeah,but time will tell

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungTobi(m): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Wow!! what a wonderful story u got here

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2023
This one sweet me

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active / Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale / Current 2015 Nigerian Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.