Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ (12006 Views)

My Love Diary (love / Deciet / Trust) / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid / Black Love Diary (A Story On Divorce) - MR. POSSIBLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2023
crystalmoon:
Ajeh
This new update sweet me for sotey I con dey daydream

Happy daydreaming. 😂😂
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2023
YoungTobi:
Wow!!
what a wonderful story u got here

Thank you, boss.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2023
Pinkdimples:
This one sweet me

E sweet me too. 😂
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2023
Episode 16

The same way you find 6 immediately after five was the same way I was always found next to Benita. We studied together. We attended fellowship programs together on and outside campus. She even made me attend her fellowship more than mine. Well, we served the same God, so I really didn't see it as a big deal.

Benita visited my lodge countless times and my lodge mates were seeing us as a couple even though we weren’t dating.

The exam was approaching as the end of my first semester at the University was drawing closer. So one of the days, Benita and I decided to read together in her room. Though I have been helping her out on Mth101 and Phy101. Those were the courses she had challenges with.

That evening I went to her lodge. We chatted and talked; we had a heart-to-heart conversation before we started learning different courses against our upcoming exams. The exams would commence in two weeks. She said she preferred group reading. Like, somebody who would motivate her, and wake her up if she falls asleep or gets tired. She needed someone she would look up to and stay motivated.

So, that very day I was in her lodge. I came there around 6:00 p.m. Then around 7:15, Benita prepared yam and sauce for dinner which we ate and relaxed for some moments before we began hitting our books on her reading table. Her big rechargeable lamp illuminated the room.

At intervals, I would ask her one or two questions based on what she was studying and then glued back to focus on my book. Unlike her, I could study on my own without needing anyone to inspire or motivate me. The desire for a good result was enough to keep me going.

We continued to read for hours. At 11 p.m. we were both still reading our books. We did get tired at a point but we promised ourselves that we would be coming out with nothing less than a B in each of those nine courses we offered.

Towards 11:00 p.m. Benita's eyes started closing. She was feeling sleepy and at a point got tired. She told me she would want to have a nap, and that I should wake her up around 3:00 a.m. so she would finish up.
“Okay, no problem,” I replied.

I told her I would continue till when I get tired then I will join her to sleep. After an hour I got exhausted too. I reached the bed and Benita was already fast asleep in her pajamas. I did everything to put my emotions under control and avoided the silly and naughty thoughts that rushed through my big head. I joined her on the bed, facing the other side, while she faced the wall. I didn’t want what happened between Cynthia and I to repeat with her. Benita and I had never had any intimacy before, I didn’t want her to embarrass me, despite she had always given me green light.

But that’s by the way.

Something terrifying happened about two hours later. It seemed like a dream. We were woken up by heavy knocks at the door.

“Benny, wake up,” I quickly alerted Benita, ran inside the toilet, and hid my phone.
She jumped down from the bed as she shivered and trembled. I could feel her heart beating faster, she ran behind me, panting.

The hard knock continued until these men axed down the wooden door and I wondered how they got access to their apartment because their gates were usually locked.

“Jesus!” Benita screamed on seeing the armed men.
Fear gripped me as they came in with axes, machetes, and gun-like objects.
Benita was crying behind me while I shivered in fear, hoping that all this was just a dream. I’ve heard of armed men attacking hostels and the rest of it, but. I never knew it would happen to me someday.

“Come here!” Thundered one of them as he pulled Benita from my behind.

They were about four, we can’t tell if others were outside.

“Please, don’t hurt me,” Benita pleaded, rubbing her hands.

“Shut up!” One hit her on the head.

“You didn’t want to open the door right?” said one of them who came to where I stood and slapped my cheeks.

“If I hear pim again from you, I blast your head,” said the second guy who threatened with a gun pointed towards Benita. She instantly became numb.

“Whose room is this?” They asked the both of us.

Benita said it was hers and they dragged her up. And began to randomly pick her gadgets, her laptop, phones, almost everything they could lay hands on. I kept praying that they wouldn’t see my phone where I kept it.

I thought they would leave after ransacking the room and taking away Benita’s valuables, but no, it didn’t end there. These guys were so heartless that they did the unimaginable in my very before.

They forcefully removed her nightwear while she pleaded and cried for help. It was such a horrible scene to watch. They climbed her in turn and aggressively had their way. Benita struggled to herself, but she was held tight and pinned down to the bed. I couldn’t help her either. Those men were armed, and any attempts would get me seriously injured. What a night. Everything happened so fast that it seemed like a nightmare. I stood there in horror to behold the reality as Benita was molested and raped aggressively.

When they were done with their mischievous acts. They all flew away and before I could alert anybody, I realized it wasn’t just her room alone. Rather, it was the last room they visited. Other students fell victim too.

I stood amid other students that night on the balcony with pains and gashing of teeth. Most of them complained about their loss and valuables. Nobody could tell the genesis of the attack.

I rushed back to the room to meet Benita as she lay in bed, crying in the pool of her blood. She couldn’t even move her body. The bedsheet was badly stained. I was lost in thought, trying to figure out the best way to tell her lodge mates what had happened to her. It was too early to rush her to the school medicals. This was happening around 3:00 a.m. and getting a bike at that ungodly hour was very nearly impossible.

Perhaps, I wouldn’t want anyone to think that I arranged it, because I was the first suspect. It was the first time I would be sleeping in Benita’s room and something like this happened. Gosh!

“Benita,” I called out but got no response. She sobbed gently and breathed slowly. That got me so worried.

“Please, can you stay strong? As soon as it’s morning, I will take you to the school medical,” I pleaded.

She only nodded in affirmation, her eyes flooded with tears that she could barely open it. I could only imagine the pains and trauma going through her mind at that moment.

As soon as it was 5: 30 a.m. I called some of her lodge mates to assist me. I backed Benita as we headed to Futo road where we got a bike and headed straight to the school medicals.
On arriving, we were disappointed that they referred us to a private hospital where her condition was complicated, and the doctor wasn’t around. What else do you expect from Futo Medical?

Damn, what do we do next? Benny was losing it as she sat outside breathing heavily.

Long story short, with the help of her lodge mates, we took Benita to a private hospital in town. It was there I got to know she was a sicklier. And the doctor announced her condition was very complicated and we needed to deposit money before any treatment would commence. At that point, she could speak again.

Unfortunately, when Benita’s father was informed about it. He came, and after hearing the whole story. He got me arrested. And that was the most confusing moment of my life. I had pleaded not guilty but his father insisted until her daughter got back on her feet to defend me.
Despite all my begging, and having shared my part of the story with her. He insisted on getting me arrested until her daughter recovered to speak on the incident.

What have I gotten myself? My mind was restless. I was chattered, disturbed, and disorganized. What is really happening to me? Potential child like me. What have I brought to myself? My exams were at stake.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

___ Based on a true life story.

Like, Comment and Share. ❀❀

5 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Xavier5(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2023
One, good story crisis 🙃, and two, Benita's dad is a fĂŒcktard 🙄😠.

#Xavier
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2023
frankwriter:

E sweet me too. 😂
😄😄

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hmm... So he is now a suspect đŸ€”

Aside that. Those that do sleep over at a friend's house (male or female) really tried,I no fit do am. Lailai

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by pjsmart(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
Why is man's association with women the most complicated thing in a man's life. Somehow somehow complications must come out; if it's not unwanted pregnancy it's infection or threat or arrest, heartbreak, depression or forced crime. Am curious

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by crystalmoon(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hmm
It is well
Life is suffering
No matter how smart ,logical you are
Things will still go wrong

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by samtoolz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
Damn
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Special child in prison 😂😂😂😂😂
But why this kind thing go happen to Benita nahâ˜čâ˜č
Make she wake up on time so special child go fit comot kirikiri😭😂
You're doing well OP
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungTobi(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2023
Rock on boss

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Hmm... So he is now a suspect đŸ€”

Aside that. Those that do sleep over at a friend's house (male or female) really tried,I no fit do am. Lailai

Lol..Never say never
Life happens so fast.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2023
pjsmart:
Why is man's association with women the most complicated thing in a man's life. Somehow somehow complications must come out; if it's not unwanted pregnancy it's infection or threat or arrest, heartbreak, depression or forced crime. Am curious

It's just like that.
I can't tell why
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2023
crystalmoon:
Hmm
It is well
Life is suffering
No matter how smart ,logical you are
Things will still go wrong

Exactly.
That's life
YoungTobi:
Rock on boss

Yes, sir.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2023
Episode 17

All my efforts and pleading to the same man who gave me two thousand naira on the day of matriculation failed as he made a call and two policemen arrived at the hospital about an hour later.

Gosh, I was so shattered. What would I tell my people? They will even get disappointed that I slept in a girl’s lodge. At that time, I didn’t think about my exams. My major fear and worry suddenly became what my parents would think or say.

Benita's father told the policemen I was a cultist and should be detained. He went further to paint the story in a way that suits me as a bad fellow. Despite that I narrated the story just the way it happened. He felt all was a lie and cooked up a story, and there was no evidence to back up my claims since Benita was yet to speak. He even slapped me for passing the night at Benita's Lodge.

“Why must you do such a thing in the first place? Don’t you have a place to stay?” He thundered. The man was restless as I was dragged out of the hospital by the two policemen on multi. They weren’t in uniform and I just couldn’t hold my tears when we got outside and I was ordered to enter their van.

Severally, I have heard stories of how people ended up in police custody for an offense or things they never did. Barely did I know that someday it would be my turn. Catarrh was dripping from my nose as I cried inside the van.

Moments later, they got a call to report to the station. I think Benita’s father was a very influential man, judging from the way he spoke to the officers. Benita once told me her father had wanted her to attend a private university, but she insisted on attending a public one.

When we arrived at the station, the DPO was seated outside, just in front of the station.

“Here is the boy,” said one of the officers who had picked me up from the hospital.
“So, you are the cultist,” said the DPO, who looked like a man in his late 50s. He looked like a Yoruba man too.

“No, sir. I’m not a cultist.” I busted into tears. I knew all of my crying wouldn’t save me. Even if I cry from then till forever, they wouldn’t believe me. My only prayer was that nothing should happen to Benita.

“Where are your colleagues? What really happened?” asked the DPO. I was still crying, but I had to put myself together after some seconds. Then I began to narrate my ordeal amidst tears.

“So, how come all this happened just the night you slept in her place?” He asked.
I opened my mouth to talk but couldn’t say anything.

“I don’t know, sir. It’s just a coincidence. I’m not a cultist, my lodge mates can testify. Benita is just a friend of mine. A very close friend indeed.”

His phone rang and he quickly picked it up. It was Benita’s father. I could hear his voice because the phone was on loudspeaker. He said they should make sure they put me inside the cell.

Damn, it triggered me and I started crying again. Then the DPO stood up, entered his car, and zoomed off. He had ordered the two policemen to take me inside, which they did. And there I saw two other policemen. I was handed over to them. The two policemen who brought me left.

One of the policemen I was handed over to asked me to go over to the counter. It was there that l looked to my left and saw the Cell with hungry-looking souls standing behind the bars. They look like hungry wolves. Or would I say caged lions? I took a glance and averted my eyes. They were mumbling words that I didn’t hear exactly what they were saying, but I knew they were talking about me. My heart kept beating faster and faster. I have never been to a police Cell before all my life.

“Take off your clothes and join them,” shouted one of the policemen.

My body shivered, and sweat started forming gradually. I pulled my shirt. I was about to pull my trousers when one of the policemen said to me; “You better enter there with money or else they will finish you.” I didn’t understand what he meant, but I held some money with me while I registered the rest in the entry book.
Then, one of the policemen came, unlocked the Cell, and threatened to inflict them with tear gas because the inmates called him names. They didn’t even stop after he had threatened them.

They kept insulting him. “See your head like mango, mumu man,” said one of the inmates.
He pushed me inside and locked the Cell.
F*ck! my first time inside this Cell for a crime I didn’t commit. I already knew I wasn’t going to get a blissful reception as I stepped in there. My mind was made up for the worst. They rushed me like a bee would rush a honey.

“Haba! What’s this?” That was what I kept saying, drawing myself away from them until I heard a deep and commanding voice from inside the cell that yelled at them to stop hurting me. There were about 20 of them and They all stopped at once as I stood in the middle of the Cell. The dude with a thick voice showed me a written word on the wall. I looked and saw “Due fees = 200.” It was boldly written with charcoal.
I gave him the money even when I didn’t understand what all of that meant. He told me he was the one in charge of any monetary funds concerning inmates. His face had scars and bruises that I couldn’t keep an eye for an eye. He then gave me a spot in the Cell and asked what brought me.

I followed the instructions and sat at the spot he showed me. I wasn’t crying again. I started narrating my story to them and they all paid rapt attention.

“Yours is just Akamu case.” Said the dude. He meant mine was a cheap case and went further to say that my only savior was Benita, that I should just pray nothing happened to her, and that I would get released as soon as possible.

He went further to narrate his story and what actually brought him to the Cell. According to him, he was involved in an unsuccessful robbery attack. His colleagues escaped, but he ended up being a scapegoat that very night. They have told him to pay 250K to bail himself or face the court anytime soon.
Another person told me his case was a case of murder, which wasn’t an intentional act. He had killed his neighbor, out of annoyance during a fight in their compound.

I sat there quietly but damn, that place was stinking like a dead rat. There was a small bucket inside there with a pit hole for defecating by the side. The smell oozing from there was already swelling my belly.

The guy with the thick voice seemed to be their leader, as I noticed he was the only one who had a cartoon as a mat for sleeping, and he would command other inmates to fan him when he felt hot. He literally occupied the best spot.

The place was actually hot when I entered, but not until later in the night when it became so cold that I started freezing. Throughout that night, sleep was very far from me. I kept thinking about my entire life. I thought that the man of God said I was a potential child. Is this how I would become potential in life? A pyramid of thoughts kept on ringing in my head with voices saying this and that.
Arguably one of the worst moments in my life.

The following morning we were woken up by the voice of a woman who sold her akara balls and bread. The head of the intimate, they called him GOC. He bought some bread and akara and shared them with us. I still had no appetite to eat. I shoved mine by a corner.

I lay there thinking about my life, wearing just my boxers. The other inmates kept approaching me one after the other, asking if I didn’t intend to eat. They pleaded I give them if I wasn’t hungry. I eventually gave it out to one of them.

Moments later, one of the officers came and opened the Cell. He instructed me to follow him. I heaved a big sigh of relief with hope that Benita had recovered, but I was heartbroken when the officer asked me to write a statement stating myself as a cultist who got arrested while my colleagues escaped.

I was like, what the f**k! What sort of manipulation is this?

“Sir, I’m not a cultist and I can’t write what I’m not,” I insisted, but only to get a resounding slap from him.

“Come on, will you write what I said you should write? Are you challenging me?” he queried with his fierce-looking face.

Then came another policeman who said I was proving stubborn. “We are going to teach you a lesson of your life if you don’t write down the statement,” said the second officer.

Tears from my eyes already soaked the white paper presented to me to write. They kept shouting at me, beating me to write what they intended me to write until one elderly policewoman walked in and stopped them. She asked what my offense was.

“He’s one of those hoodlums disturbing students in school,” said one of the policemen.

“How old are you?” She asked.

“I’m 21,” I answered with a teary face.

“Oh my God, my second son's mate.”

She turned and asked the police officers why they were beating me, but they had no response. She asked them about the team or squad that got me arrested and they told her.

The woman instructed me to follow her to her office. I think she’s superior than those hungry men in uniform. When we got to her office, she asked me what really happened, demanding nothing but the truth.

I coughed, cleared my throat, and then narrated everything as it happened without adding or subtracting.

“You young boys of this generation, you don’t sit your ass in one place anymore. Now look what you brought upon yourself,” she said.

“Please help me, ma. I’m innocent. We are just friends,” I pleaded.

“My hands are really tight, Just keep praying and hope the girl recovers quickly and tells her father the truth, if not I don’t think there is enough evidence before the court of law if they decide to escalate this issue.” She said and paused.

She went on to say that Benita’s father and the DPO are close friends.

“Just pray, my dear. Her daughter’s life is at stake and he won’t take it lightly if things go South.” She added to my discomfort.

God, I muttered, my heart racing faster, sweat forming all over my body. What kind of thing is this?

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

_ Based on a true life story.

Like, Comment and Share. ❀❀

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:18am On Sep 16, 2023
To be candid, I don't see Frank and Benita being friends again after this whole ordeal, And Benita's dad is a despicable person trying to coerce an innocent person into what he didn't do.

Thanks for the update Oga Frank

2 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:37am On Sep 16, 2023
frankwriter:

Lol..Never say never
Life happens so fast.
True sha but...... grin
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2023
Tears of the innocent đŸ€”đŸ€”

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Dangerrard: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Frank no let me see you near Bonita again ever when you come out of this. Dey ur lane. Infact no teach anybody papa anything again. I don warn you

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Graminyte9(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
This twist to the story i didn't see it coming, more oil for your head boss...

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungTobi(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2023
BIG PALAVA

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Candid2022: 8:35am On Sep 17, 2023
This twist Sha! No one was expecting it.
But I love the way the story is going now, we got some real lessons to learn from here

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Tears of the innocent đŸ€”đŸ€”

cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dangerrard:
Frank no let me see you near Bonita again ever when you come out of this. Dey ur lane. Infact no teach anybody papa anything again. I don warn you

Yes, sir. 😎
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Candid2022:
This twist Sha! No one was expecting it.
But I love the way the story is going now, we got some real lessons to learn from here

Sure, big lessons.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Episode 18

The woman told me to go back to the cell and just pray that nothing happened to Benita. He emphasized that it was the only way I could be set free or granted bail. I asked the woman if I could at least stay at the counter till daybreak and hopefully before then I’ll receive a good news. Sadly, she said I could only do that if I settled those policemen, and the money she mentioned was too much.

I realized some people also were at that counter and I believed they must have paid or settled the policemen. I didn’t have much money with me and I detested going back inside the cell because of the smell that oozed from it. It’s already made me sick.
The toilet there was the worst latrine I had ever seen in my life. When I tried to pee there last night, my urine went back to my bladder. It was when I was called out to write statements that I used the opportunity to pee outside. But do I have options?

I got back in there, sat at my spot, and bent my head. I thought about my phone I hid at Benita's Lodge. I thought about Chido. He must have called me severally, and likewise, other messages must have piled up on my WhatsApp. My exams were knocking and Benita’s health bothered me, too.

Deep down I was praying, asking God to show me mercy and heal Benita because that was the only way I could be set free. If not, my first exam in school would be missed and by then my parents would get to hear about this whole thing.

They would be disappointed in me because nobody knew me as somebody who could do such a thing or even sleep in a girl's lodge. I have really not talked much about my family but the truth is I came from a home where you can’t go out without stating where you are going. Would I say my parent were strict? Well, they do lock us inside anytime they are going out. That was part of my upbringing until I got into school and started exploring life.

My head was filled that I swore to myself that if in the end, I escaped this pain and shame, I would stay on my lane and stay out of trouble. The little moments I stayed there, I learned so many things already. Things I never knew all my life, and until you have been to a Nigerian police cell, you will never know about these few things I would like to mention.

Number one, they always expect you to come in with money because their survival is what they are after. They need money daily because most of them have been abandoned there with nobody coming to bail them out. So if you are coming in there, you will have to pay dues.

Number two, your status doesn’t matter inside the Nigerian police cell. Those hungry-looking guys don’t care if you have a mansion or have the latest car in town. They literally need you to maintain their rules. There is no big man in a cell. And worst is if you look weak, they would manipulate and beat you up. So, you have to act like a street guy to survive.

The third one is, that it doesn’t matter who came first, but who is perceived as the strongest. Meanwhile, the person who has been there for a week has a higher advantage than someone who just came in and paid his dues. The stronger you are, the more chances you have to be respected.

The fourth thing I learned was that ‘your food is our food.’ If peradventure your bail gets delayed and your people happen to bring food for you, the best thing to do is share with them. Don’t ever try to eat alone because the outcome won’t be funny later on.

The 5th thing I learned was that bail is never free. Even though there is a popular saying in Nigeria that bail is free. It is never free. Whoever told you bail is free lied to you. Maybe in other parts of the world, but not here in Naija. They rather leave you to d!e than grant a free bail unless you’re very influential.

The last but not the least is devotion. There is also devotion inside a cell. Every morning, they coordinate themselves, sing, praises and give thanks to God for life. I never knew such a thing existed in a police cell.

That's the few things I learned.

So, I sat there battling with thoughts in my head. Sleep was still very far from my eyes. Have you noticed that if you visit people, and you have to sleep over, you will still find it hard to quickly settle in? Now imagine a police cell in Nigeria.

Damn! I couldn’t sleep.

Well, Long story short, the following morning, one of the officers came to the cell after our morning devotion led by the GOC.

The officer asked me to come out after he unlocked the cell, and for the second time, I heaved a big sigh of relief, hoping to hear good news this time around. He said the DPO wanted to see me.

“Ah, DPO ke, hope I’m safe?” I muttered to myself. My heart started beating. Please, let it be good news, I said to myself.

He directed me to his office and as well went with me.

“You are the lover boy, right?” That was the first thing he greeted us with before the officer left.

It was at that point I knew my freedom was near. Tears trickled down my eyes. I couldn’t say anything as I kept staring at him with a teary face.

“First, a cult!st, now a different story. Hope you are learning your lessons?” he queried, looking into my eyes.

“Yes, sir,” I said lamely.

“So, your parents sent you to school and all you could do was follow women up and down and sleep in their apartments,” He continued to my discomforts.

“I’m sorry, sir, we only had a group reading,” I answered.

“Sorry for yourself. You should be very sorry for yourself. Look at what you brought upon yourself just because you slept in a woman’s lodge. And now the poor girl has been crying at the hospital. His father is very unhappy about the whole incident. He kept insisting you have a hand in what happened.”

“Oh, thank God she’s alive,” I stuttered. “I don’t have a hand in it, sir,” I added.

“Yes, she is alive, but that’s not all. The damages cannot be undone. The poor girl was even a virgin until that night. You could imagine how devastated the father had been,” The DPO continued, making it look like I masterminded the operation.
Besides, her room wasn’t the only room those hooligans visited.

“I’m sure your parents are not aware of this. Can you give me their contacts? I will have to call them,” he threatened.

“Please sir, don’t involve them. They have blood pressure issues. My mum might d!e if she gets to know I’m in a police cell. Please, please,” I begged him, crying like a fool.

“Thank your stars the poor girl cares about you. His father had wanted you to stay here for longer days so you could learn your lessons,” he confessed.

According to the DPO, it was Benita who begged his father to let me go since we had an exam to write and I was innocent of the claims as well.

In the end, he gave me a series of advice and cautioned me to stay away from trouble and focus on the reason I came to school. It was more like a father and son conversation and I was wowed he had time to advise me. He then told me to meet the officer who had taken me out of the cell to get my clothes and leave.
My joy knew no bounds. I was so excited. Words can’t describe how I felt at that moment. There is nothing freedom. Oh, thank you, Jesus, I had said in my heart.

The officer was even waiting at the door. I saw him soon as I stepped out of the DPO’s office and when he saw me, he said. “Your bail is 20k.” I was puzzled.

“I thought bail was free,” I replied to him.

“It seems you want to go back on your boxers,” he said, making jest of me.

“Please, I don’t have such amounts.”

I followed him to the counter where he was looking for my clothes and other things I registered in the entry book.

“So, how much do you have?” asked one of the policemen who stood there.

“Sir, I’m just a student. I don’t have much money. This is a very difficult period for me. We are in an exam period and money is very far from me. I’ve spent almost all the money in my possession.” I insisted on not giving in, but this men persisted that I settle them.

They said I must drop something before I leave. Typical of a Nigerian police.

Well, in the end, I told them that I only had my ATM card, so by the time I was dressed back in my clothes. I went out with one of them. I withdrew the last five thousand naira from my account through a POS terminal. I gave the policeman 4k and told him I would use the remaining one to transport myself back to school.

My account was emptied, f*ck!

All through the time I was on the public bus, I noticed people sitting beside me covering their noses and mouths. I was smelling and I knew it.

To be continued..
© Frank The Writer

How long will be a ghost reader?

Like, Comment and Share. đŸ™â€â€

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by crystalmoon(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
Life
Will sons of men not relate with the daughters of men again

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
Go and sin no more 💁

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungTobi(m): 6:03am On Sep 18, 2023
Chai. you suffer for that cell o,u must have learnt your leason in a hard way Anyway sha,we are enjoying your work op

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Wow! It's a relief that the special child is out of cell already. Dude needs to stay far away from Benita or else..
Thanks for the update man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active / Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale / Current 2015 Nigerian Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.