Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News (56139 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by maasoap(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Equity15:
hmmmm..then that's bad. They should have gone via student route. That amount would go a long way for them. My fiance was preaching the care worker visa to me. I researched it and saw that it's not something i can do. Told her if she can do it, we can go there. I'll go as her dependant. I have a remote job that can atleast cover us( even if not fully) if she doesn't get shifts. Nigeria is getting too uncomfortable to live in. I just hope the Uk favors us.

Lastly, will the COS be revoked if you don't get shifts for a long time?

Any advise for me?

Much more costly. Besides, you will need a dependant that can work full time if you want to live like human being, living decently. Even that opportunity has also been blocked

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Toks2008(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
coleon:

I'm not sure you understand the UK policy on sponsorship migration bro.
Any employer that employed someone who came through sponsorship is liable to pay heavy fine and most employer will not want to risk that.
The only alternative is to find a non registered work like hourly cleaning or janitorial services that will not arouse the regulators check .
Now imagine someone who was probably a banker in Nigeria and paid 10000 pounds to immigrate going to the UK and becoming a cleaner.
Do you wish your enemy that kind of life hence it's no surprise they won't do that kind of job you are proposing.
Your closing remark is exactly the problem. ..

DO I WISH MY ENEMY TO EARN 10POUNDS (N10000) an hour and can make as much as £1500 a month.

Those doing it must be animals and not humans.

You are one of the Nigerians with warped mindset.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by FashionCookie(f): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

Business is a risk taken, not only in Nigeria but everywhere.
They raised that money through whatever they have doing successfully before, so I don't think we should still be talking about "washing down the drain" again.
Okay
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by coleon(m): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
Toks2008:

Your closing remark is exactly the problem. ..

DO I WISH MY ENEMY TO EARN 10POUNDS (N10000) an hour and can make as much as £1500 a month.

Those doing it must be animals and not humans.

You are one of the Nigerians with warped mindset.

Cheers.
Whenever people are doing shit jobs they will end up converting pounds to naira or dollar to naira as if it is naira someone staying in the UK will be spending. Monthly insurance alone is almost 200 pounds while rent is 750pounds.
Yet you are converting pounds to naira for someone working and staying in the UK. You are not serious at all, the same UK that I go on holiday every year is what you want to be telling me about.
It's not everybody that has lost all amount of human dignity like you that will go and become a cleaner or janitor in the UK because of so called pounds conversion that will give you nothing at the end of the month once you are done paying bills.
I have a friend that just committed suicide in the same UK, it's this kind of situation that pushed him to suicide.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by MT: 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
coleon:

Whenever people are doing shit jobs they will end up converting pounds to naira or dollar to naira as if it is naira someone staying in the UK will be spending. Monthly insurance alone is almost 200 pounds while rent is 750pounds.
Yet you are converting pounds to naira for someone working and staying in the UK. You are not serious at all, the same UK that I go on holiday every year is what you want to be telling me about.
It's not everybody that has lost all amount of human dignity like you that will go and become a cleaner or janitor in the UK because of so called pounds conversion that will give you nothing at the end of the month once you are done paying bills.
I have a friend that just committed suicide in the same UK, it's this kind of situation that pushed him to suicide.

You are hitting the right note.

Some individuals here feel you are dissuading them from travelling but thats not the case. You are giving them honest reality of the place so that they can make provision for such if they want to go.

But like the dog that will be lost, it will never hear the whistle of a hunter.

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by RaptorX: 8:49am On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

LoL I can never ever go to a country I can't be a citizen in except it's a place I can make a lot of money in a short time like the US or Switzerland. Anything else count me out cheesy cheesy
Who told you that you can make a lot of money in a short time in the US and Switzerland lol.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Sweetvie: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2023
They'll be fine.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
RaptorX:
Who told you that you can make a lot of money in a short time in the US and Switzerland lol.

My lord you can make it in Nigeria grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by tosinhtml: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
1Sharon:

You don't get it.

People that are doing shit, low paid jobs aren't paying much taxes at all. That's why the UK people are sick of immigration. Lowly educated immigrants, take out more from the system than they contribute. That's an economic drain, not a benefit. High paying earners are carrying the UK economy. The more you earn, the more you're taxed.

Another Ignorant post with a lot of mis-information.

UK high paying earners does NOT carry the economy, the average salary in the UK is £33,402 per year. Care & NHS Support workers earn around that amount. Average salary in the biggest city which is London is £52,584, a bit higher than others.

Most UK citizens don't earn a lot, so who exactly are the high paying earners? UK citizens are usually okay with their meagre job with 30 - 40k. Recently NHS nurses protesting because they were fed up.

The usual high flyers in the UK are the immigrants just like we have in the US. Most Tech startups in the UK are not owned by Uk citizens, they are owned by foreigners across EU & Africa or Middle-east.

The whole footballing industry is funded by the Middle-east & Americans, so who exactly are the top UK earners?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by RaptorX: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

My lord you can make it in Nigeria grin grin grin
Very predictable to avoid the question, you gonna be alright.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by chiself: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
tosinhtml:

Another Ignorant post with a lot of mis-information.

UK high paying earners does NOT carry the economy, the average salary in the UK is £33,402 per year. Care & NHS Support workers earn around that amount. Average salary in the biggest city which is London is £52,584, a bit higher than others.

Most UK citizens don't earn a lot, so who exactly are the high paying earners? UK citizens are usually okay with their meagre job with 30 - 40k. Recently NHS nurses protesting because they were fed up.

The usual high flyers in the UK are the immigrants just like we have in the US. Most Tech startups in the UK are not owned by Uk citizens, they are owned by foreigners across EU & Africa or Middle-east.

The whole footballing industry is funded by the Middle-east & Americans, so who exactly are the top UK earners?

The UK make most of their money from the service industry (Banking, insurance, fund management etc). These are run by the "should off crew", the Essex boys and girls. Most joining from school and by-passing university. These are the high flyer. I work in this sector and last year the tax man collected from me (using the Nigeria exchange equivalent) of 30 Million Naira!

As for those who want to Japa, as Mr T would say, "I pity the fool!"

Walking into modern slavery!

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by tosinhtml: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
chiself:

The UK make most of their money from the service industry (Banking, insurance, fund management etc). These are run by the "should off crew", the Essex boys and girls. Most joining from school and by-passing university. These are the high flyer. I work in this sector and last year the tax man collected from me (using the Nigeria exchange equivalent) of 30 Million Naira!

As for those who want to Japa, as Mr T would say, "I pity the fool!"

Walking into modern slavery!

But why are you converting your money to naira, you don't spend in naira. Besides you must have made a lot of income for that high tax.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by chiself: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
tosinhtml:

But why are you converting your money to naira, you don't spend in naira. Besides you must have made a lot of income for that high tax.

The Naira equivalent is just to give a picture and to let people understand that regardless of if you are a carer or a banker, you are still a slave to the system, yes I did well last year, but it is not enough and most goes to paying bills .I am also spending a great deal on my children to get the best education and to ensure that they do not end up as slaves too.

When the time comes, I am going back home and home is Nigeria.

The problems with most Nigerians is that there are now few ambitious people all they think about is surviving, that is why you see a banker in Nigeria happy to work as a cleaner in the UK. Why would you want to go to a place where you can't reach your full potential or where your hands and feet are tired?

As I keep saying anyone who cannot make it in Nigeria probably won't be able to make it anywhere else but anyone who do want to come, please do. How many years will it take to make it?

I am sure Portable is richer than me grin He makes his money in Nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Gerrard59(m): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
RaptorX:
Very predictable to avoid the question, you gonna be alright.

Again, you this liar. There is a reason immigrants from around the world target the US while those in the EU target Switzerland. If the immigrant's aim is to make lots of money, live a frugal life and save, those places are the best to earn salaries as a professional worker. Google it, for I won't do it for you, the US is where the salaries are incredibly high for white-collar professionals. Singapore also comes close and is a major destination for Asians.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by RaptorX: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

Again, you this liar. There is a reason immigrants from around the world target the US while those in the EU target Switzerland. If the immigrant's aim is to make lots of money, live a frugal life and save, those places are the best to earn salaries as a professional worker. Google it, for I won't do it for you, the US is where the salaries are incredibly high for white-collar professionals. Singapore also comes close and is a major destination for Asians.

Keep googling away, but I have been traveling to the US probably before you were born or still a toddler. You can't even call me liar to my face I bet you.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Equity15(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
Treadway:
No. Your COS won't be revoked if you can't get shifts, as that is out of your control. The only option is to keep searching for another care agency that will absorb such a person as bills have to be paid. It may require moving to another location if such are hard to come by in the present location. This is what I have learnt from the true account of others here who are/have experiencing/experienced that. To your other question, to be honest Naija is some type of way right now truly, so I would refer you to the Living in UK thread for more views/advice on that. There is still quite a lot of sound and viable info being shared on that thread that can help you make a favourable decision. Since you do remote work, there likely will be regions/locations they can point out that the cost of living will be low, so your finances aren't strained and probably such locations won't have this problem with getting shifts. All the best.

Cheers!
thanks chief. I really appreciate
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Gerrard59(m): 5:21am On Aug 26, 2023
RaptorX:
Keep googling away, but I have been traveling to the US probably before you were born or still a toddler.

Coming from the clown who lied that Chileans are jumping the fence via Mexico to enter the US?

RaptorX:
The same Latin America from where they are all jumping the US border illegally by the millions including Chileans and Brazilians to come and be cleaning toilets, picking crops under hot sun, working in Macdonald's, doing back breaking construction jobs while no speky English. All the low wage menial crap jobs that even Africans will not touch. Never saw an African clean toilets in the US, because 99% of toilet cleaners are Latinos wonder why they didn't all go to the paradise in Chile and Brazil so keep deceiving the gullibles like yourself on NL.

You think this is 2003 where any donkey can spew gibberish from his anus and every Tom, Dick and Harry would swallow such a lie without questioning it? So sane people should believe mendacious monkeys who lied through their filthy fingers that Chileans who have visa-free access to the US are jumping fences to enter the same US?

You can't even call me liar to my face I bet you.

IF I ever get to meet you in public, I will call you a liar, no ifs or buts. I don't care who the fvck you are!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Nice2023(m): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2023
Na the car dey pain u.
U don't sound normal at all.

Theunbothered:

What was the contribution of your stupid question to the thread when everyone knows the answer? grin

The car you used to drive past the embassy how much was it 3 years ago compared to now? grin

The fuel you bought how much did it cost in December? grin

The reason people queue up to leave is because Nigeria has too many daft people like you wasting oxygen by asking silly questions that a toddler can understand.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by emmaodet: 9:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Bisola100:
You had £10,000 to give out

You fell for a scam that is still existing till now and people are still falling for it.

Why didn't you Invest that money on yourself
Own your own business that'll fetch you daily income.

Maybe they are not good in business.

Not everyone has business skill you know.

In a sane country, you should be able to live a decent life in any sector you can use your talent be it boxing, football, teacher, mechanic, farmer etc but the case is not for Africa.

We all can't be doctors, lawyers, businessmen, farmers etc The economy has to diversify to accomodate modern jobs and skills like sport, entertainment, blue collar jobs.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by TheEnforcer: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Coming from the clown who lied that Chileans are jumping the fence via Mexico to enter the US?

You think this is 2003 where any donkey can spew gibberish from his anus and every Tom, Dick and Harry would swallow such a lie without questioning it? So sane people should believe mendacious monkeys who lied through their filthy fingers that Chileans who have visa-free access to the US are jumping fences to enter the same US?

IF I ever get to meet you in public, I will call you a liar, no ifs or buts. I don't care who the fvck you are!
I see you on immigration threads a lot. Uk based or US based?You can't possibly be in Nigeria
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Theunbothered: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nice2023:
Na the car dey pain u.
U don't sound normal at all.

Who gives a damn about his fúcking tokunbo car? The country remains in constant free fall yet he's asking stupid and daft questions as if they gave birth to him yesterday.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Kaosarat1995: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2023
Good morning everyone, please has anyone write their Ielts test at Premier Hub Innovation Centre, Yaba before?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by whysquare4real(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Jamie1000:

What you don't understand is some don't really have asset in Nigeria. You're not in thier shoe. Business is collapsing, companies are laying off staff. Even if you find one person earning
big, you see alot of mouth depending on the person to feed and clothe. Someone earning 300k might be feeding a family of 4. Do the maths, averagely, his share isn't upto 100k. Such person is poor. But, works in a top organisation and drives a big car. Achievement sometimes is different from asset. You could own a house or a car and yet not making enough money to live comfortably and train your kids. You need to earn above 500k monthly to afford a good rent and train kids in this country. Abroad, if you work hard, you could offset your financial struggles, but in Nigeria, the harder you work, the poorer you become. While lazy ppl loot, steal and get richer.
This your statement just summed all the reason why one should japa. I own a car and 3 houses before I lost my job but now I can't pay my bills. I have 2 Degrees but to finish an MSc now is a big problem because of financial issues. I think with this your assertion, I have made up my mind to sell my properties and japa. It's better to be a slave in another man's country than to be useless in your own country.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
whysquare4real:
This your statement just summed all the reason why one should japa. I own a car and 3 houses before I lost my job but now I can't pay my bills. I have 2 Degrees but to finish an MSc now is a big problem because of financial issues. I think with this your assertion, I have made up my mind to sell my properties and japa. It's better to be a slave in another man's country than to be useless in your own country.

You own 3 houses and a car.
Sorry to say, Japa is not for you.
Except you are not going to sell those houses
What is your age?
Can you do menial jobs abroad?
What is your career prospects?
Can't you lease your 3 houses and rent a small one or lease atlest 2 houses.
You're way better than many ppl abroad.
Think about this before you travel.
The ppl I'm who should be thinking of japa are those who don't earn much and have no asset.
You can convert your 3 houses to asset. Don't rush to sell your house, you might never have the money to buy it back in future. Think. Abroad mostly favours young adults building your thier life from scratch not established adults.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by lastkingsman: 12:34pm On Feb 04
lastkingsman:

My brother, leave these people that always blame Nigerians. Do you know what it takes to leave your comfort zone, friends and family and Japa to another country?

Who be dey reason Japa and staying permanent in UK before?

Before Oct 14th 2014, one dollar was trading at 165$ (BM). APC came with the threat that if they didn't win, they would run an parallel govt and other useless threats that charged the atmosphere. Investors and businesses started buying dollars to hedge because of this and this drove the price from 165$ to 200$ (BM).

Evil APC on seeing this development started singing 1$ = 1NGN gibberish and some people actually believe this jingo.

They won the election and fast forward yesterday, I bought dollar for 920$. That's from 165$ to 920$ (82% depreciation of your currency in 8yrs).

How do we survive this?

How do we survive like this?. Lol black mkt i bought 920 then is 1500 today. Official rate now 1350+. Kai

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Twitter Japa Advisor Caught Going Against Her Own Advice 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.