Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News (56141 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by FashionCookie(f): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
maasoap:

This is not rejoice, people have been advised against this japa syndrome without knowing what they're getting themselves into
Even if... People are desperate and so mistakes are only natural in cases like these. Everybody must not remain in Nigeria. I've noticed that when it comes to japa topics, the "bad belle" people plenty pass people with good intentions.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by gtassure: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
pansophist:
When you outsource your job to someone else, you'll always be the victim of scam. All the information to go abroad without paying anyone are all online.

White folks are not like Nigerians that cut corners and do bribe. Just follow the rules and if you're qualified, you'll get it. If one is so smart to make 10k pounds, how can you be not smart to not waste it?

My people suffer for lack of knowledge.
No! Most of them didn't earn it. Have you been to immigration and other civil service dept in Nigeria? You will see bribery and corruption in action in broad daylight!
I bet People that suffer for their money know or should know what to do with it!

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by FashionCookie(f): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
bonnyhope:

People.like bad stories than success stories
Obviously
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Mindlog: 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
nony43:

Yes.

I highly doubt it as you certainly have no idea how such homes are run....2:1, 3:1, 4:1.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by darkmarky(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
Did God send you there?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

You don't get it.

People that are doing shit, low paid jobs aren't paying much taxes at all. That's why the UK people are sick of immigration. Lowly educated immigrants, take out more from the system than they contribute. That's an economic drain, not a benefit. High paying earners are carrying the UK economy. The more you earn, the more you're taxed.

There is no escaping the Jew in the JewK.

Irrespective of income tax that goes straight to Rothschild's Bank of England, the JewK has the highest VAT rate in the world. 90% of rented property are owned by Jews. So low earners still pay tax one way or the other.

The only reason Indigenes are angry is that the migrant wave has made labour cost to drop significantly and this is affecting everyone as migrants are willing to work longer hours for far less pay.

The migrants are being imported deliberately to crash wages and standard of living in the west towards equating the west to third world countries and the reasons for this is simply because they intend to roll out a digital global currency which will be legal tender in Timbuktu to Glasgow .

Once you understand that there is a deliberate attempt to level out the standard of living between the west and the poorest of the poor countries for the sole reason of having a common currency and from there limit resource allocation to citizens, then will you understand what the Talmudists are planning.

It is deeper than you can ever imagine.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by 1Sharon(f): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
chiself:

No we can't blame them. A great future awaits the children in the UK!. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkfnD6oFElE

Exactly. The UK is done.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by 1Sharon(f): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
chrisj2:

What is it with this Pastor nonsense and giving them money for - nothing!

My own that came on Spousal Visa did not even celebrate her first salary with me but gave money to all and sunder in Nja - the same waste of space that did not lift her when she was back there. Divorce loading....

Well...

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by nathyx(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wait am I supposed to pity them?? Phewww... Nonsense! Stay in your country and develop your country you Say Sam! I will rather carry 20 million throw away and go and be doing house-boy, house-girl for white man land LoL oti lo " Japa "kee you there kiss Mental slavery is killing Nigerians angry

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by writeprof(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
hmm .....abeg some one should help me convert to our local currency please.
Current exchange rate please, i want to know exactly how much was invested.

₦12,000,000 [Twelve million Naira]
It's outrageous

With this amount of money, I will first get a visitor visa to go holiday and see situation there or wherever I want to go by myself. If GOD confirms to me to leave then I know there's a high possibility of even getting the connection for a better opportunity that will make one return conveniently.

AGENTS Phenomenon is really another disaster in this country.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by YoshihideSuga: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jamie1000:

He was informed, he could get a Kenya passport to go to Italy. It didn't workout. Expenses was going. Right now, he's hurzling. His fiancee who he also borrowed from just recently found out, that he's back to lag. The lady is just confused. Not easy to get a job and the ppl he borrowed are all on him. Though started agent work. And has been hurzling in the street. But, his mindset of being a good person have changed completely after that scam.

So, he wanted to obtain another country's passport illegally? That's entirely his fault. Play stoopid games, win stoopid prizes.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by YoshihideSuga: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Thank God for nairaland, I could have fallen victim to this japa craze.

I really want to travel but my biggest fear has always been what if things are not as they say?

I am 30yrs old with HND. So far I am hustling on my own it's not easy but gradually I invest here and there to improve my income I get roughly 250 to 500k monthly but the economy and responsibilities drain it..

Recently my brothers came up with a Canada travel offer via conference.

After listening to the agent talk that after the conference they will seek lmia job for me. He sounded like its very easy.

I began my research and here discovered that it's not as easy as he painted it and also I followed chorkor millionaire on YouTube and learnt alot.

At my age I can't afford to make terrible decisions now and considering I would be selling everything and shutting down my business to fund the travel Omo I told my family that I won't be pushing through with the travel plans if it is not through study route and they are all looking at me like village pple have gotten me

It's good you cancelled it. LMIA is very hard for a Nigerian living in Nigeria with a Nigerian passport to get clearance for. If it's not study visa, don't try it.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by writeprof(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
darkmarky:
Did God send you there?

THIS DEFINING AND CRUCIAL QUESTION WHICH MANY REFUSE TO ASK TO AVOID REGRETS TOMORROW, IS STILL RELEVANT.
TAKE YOUR JAPA IDEA TO THE LORD IN PRAYERS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Bisola100:
You had £10,000 to give out

You fell for a scam that is still existing till now and people are still falling for it.

Why didn't you Invest that money on yourself
Own your own business that'll fetch you daily income.

She is dumb.

First off it is illegal to pay for COS(Certificate of Sponsorship)

When you do then be ready to come with no expectation of a job AND BE READY TO DO ANY NOBLE JOB you can get which includes but not limited to cleaning.

But many Nigerians are so shallow in their reasoning and very very impatient.

If only they know that coming to the UK with work permit for 5 years in itself is golden, they will care less if a particular job is waiting for them.

If home office decides to do their job, they will revoke her visa and police will tell her to take her sponsors to court to get her money back because it is a civil matter.

She will lose in both ways.

Stupid fellow.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

So, he wanted to obtain another country's passport illegally? That's entirely his fault. Play stoopid games, win stoopid prizes.

There are some visa you can buy legally. And they guarantee you safe and easy entering to Europe. Passport like Mauritius and Seychelles etc. Its a completely legal stuff. As long as your intentions are genuine. Nigerian Passport is like the forbiden fruit our there.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sketcherJ(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

The Jew Pill is the only pill to Africa's emnacipation from the tribe of little hat merchants of death and slavery.
nigga shut up. If you are really conversant with history, you won’t use the monicker you are proudly displaying on nl now. You just make up some fantastical scenarios on your heard and vomit em here.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
writeprof:

It's outrageous

With this amount of money, I will first get a visitor visa to go holiday and see situation there or wherever I want to go by myself. If GOD confirms to me to leave then I know there's a high possibility of even getting the connection for a better opportunity that will make one return conveniently.

You will spend more than half of this money to for tourism.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Toks2008(m): 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Thank God for nairaland, I could have fallen victim to this japa craze.

I really want to travel but my biggest fear has always been what if things are not as they say?

I am 30yrs old with HND. So far I am hustling on my own it's not easy but gradually I invest here and there to improve my income I get roughly 250 to 500k monthly but the economy and responsibilities drain it..

Recently my brothers came up with a Canada travel offer via conference.

After listening to the agent talk that after the conference they will seek lmia job for me. He sounded like its very easy.

I began my research and here discovered that it's not as easy as he painted it and also I followed chorkor millionaire on YouTube and learnt alot.

At my age I can't afford to make terrible decisions now and considering I would be selling everything and shutting down my business to fund the travel Omo I told my family that I won't be pushing through with the travel plans if it is not through study route and they are all looking at me like village pple have gotten me

If you have the chance to leave please do but be ready to build your life from the scratch. Laslas you will be glad you did.

Nigeria does not provide job security or business security.

Politicians, yahoo boys, as well as very few fortunate ones make it in the long run through serious sweat.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
writeprof:

It's outrageous

You will spend more than half of this money to for tourism.

You will eventually spend more than half of this money
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by able20(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
FashionCookie:

Even if... People are desperate and so mistakes are only natural in cases like these. Everybody must not remain in Nigeria. I've noticed that when it comes to japa topics, the "bad belle" people plenty pass people with good intentions.
The people you term bad belle are the people who advised you to weigh options and do proper research about the country before embarking on a journey

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by FashionCookie(f): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
able20:

The people you term bad belle are the people who advised you to weigh options and do proper research about the country before embarking on a journey
It's time they stop rubbing it in when things goes south. Nobody know pass.
People act as if mistakes can't happen with all the "carefulness."
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by TheEnforcer: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
cococandy:
Nigerians always defrauding each other.

When Hispanic and Asian people help others to immigrate to this country, they always do it with certainty of jobs at hand
Its amazing the number of Pakistanis and Indians in the US with big businesses living large
.Even with their accents which is very difficult to understand. But hey they help themselves over there

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by AuschwitzPrefec: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
sketcherJ:
nigga shut up. If you are really conversant with history, you won’t use the monicker you are proudly displaying on nl now. You just make up some fantastical scenarios on your heard and vomit em here.

Hollow hoax is a big lie that was fabricated at Nuremberg and exaggerated in the 70s.

Ignorant ohu Judas slave .

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Tompson88: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Is it that easy to do by oneself?if yes I will message you kindly educate me
Exodus15v11:
Instead of paying people who will scam you, why not learn and do it yourself?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Ikani22: 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
Thought I was the only one to have spotted the repetition.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Kalvan: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2023
1Sharon:

The Jews are not your friends. Africans are the only group of people that kiss their ass.

I couldn’t care less about the Jews, just find it hilarious to see a black person using neonazi talking points

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 12:10am On Aug 24, 2023
This.

If you’re coming from a place where you’ve graduated 5-10 years waiting for a job and none is coming. You found yourself in a different country where unemployment isn’t as terrible and you have a legal permit to work. Not the “undocumented working under the table” situation, why not grit through it and see if there are jobs you can do? Is it that no one will employ them even though their visa is valid?

Well I can say I know how the uk works but having a work visa sounds like a good opportunity compared to being unemployed where they are coming from

Toks2008:

If only they know that coming to the UK with work permit for 5 years in itself is golden, they will care less if a particular job is waiting for them..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by coleon(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:
This.

If you’re coming from a place where you’ve graduated 5-10 years waiting for a job and none is coming. You found yourself in a different country where unemployment isn’t as terrible and you have a legal permit to work. Not the “undocumented working under the table” situation, why not grit through it and see if there are jobs you can do? Is it that no one will employ them even though their visa is valid?

Well I can say I know how the uk works but having a work visa sounds like a good opportunity compared to being unemployed where they are coming from

You are not getting it do you.
If you get into the UK via the sponsorship route which is the case here, you cannot do any other job apart from the non existent job that sponsored you into the UK.
So you can see their dilemma now.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 12:34am On Aug 24, 2023
coleon:

You are not getting it do you.
If you get into the UK via the sponsorship route which is the case here, you cannot do any other job apart from the non existent job that sponsored you into the UK.
So you can see their dilemma now.

I see.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by YoshihideSuga: 12:59am On Aug 24, 2023
Jamie1000:

There are some visa you can buy legally. And they guarantee you safe and easy entering to Europe. Passport like Mauritius and Seychelles etc. Its a completely legal stuff. As long as your intentions are genuine. Nigerian Passport is like the forbiden fruit our there.

Buying the Kenyan passport is illegal. Seychelles and Mauritius require at least $500K in investment. Your friend wanted to buy Kenyan passport and he got duped. Again, he deserves what he got. Play stoopid games, win stoopid prizes.

https://investinseychelles.com/investors-guide/investor-resources/residency-by-investment/citizenship-by-investment

https://www.henleyglobal.com/residence-investment/mauritius

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by emmaodet: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2023
CondemnBattery:
shocked
Driving past the Canadian embassy every morning on freedom way, you will ask yourself, all these people queuing each day to japa, what exactly are they going there for?

How can you just wake up and decide to run away from your own country, when most of them has good-paying jobs and businesses?

The desperation is really disturbing

Disturbing?? That is an understatement

Most of the people I move with that are far doing better than me, good sweet clean cars, nice buildings with good business from multiple sources just pack up and ran away to UK. E just be like juju.
Honestly, if I say that I am not scared, I will be deceiving myself because why will someone doing better than me , people who have trucks, filling stations, people who can afford and still buying properties of 20m per plot and within 6 to 8 months build a massive house on it.
No be mould block today, buy sand tomorrow type of people struggling. Men with multiple girlfriends they maintain and blow around 200k in clubs when we go and not just occasionally but regularly.
Boom!!!! Bros done sell everything relocate with his family.
Se efun ni abi edi? Na jazz abi na juju?
Reason why I started questioning myself that if these guys loaded to the teeth are running, that means me wey no dey run something is wrong abi how will you just be treaking and then see people in your street running, chairman of your street running, even your church pastor running and you no run? Even if you don't know what is chasing them

6 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Cyrealchimeh(m): 1:11am On Aug 24, 2023
CondemnBattery:
shocked
Driving past the Canadian embassy every morning on freedom way, you will ask yourself, all these people queuing each day to japa, what exactly are they going there for?

How can you just wake up and decide to run away from your own country, when most of them has good-paying jobs and businesses?

The desperation is really disturbing

Bros, because say e good for you no mean say na same thing for everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Twitter Japa Advisor Caught Going Against Her Own Advice 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.