Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News (56019 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by DrTee1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
Dem go dey alright.

"We" gather spoil Nigeria. We, our friends, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers; and we want to run abroad for free money and a better life in an organised society abi?

Karma is a bitch.

We must fix our homeland together. Where dem dey see the £10,000 to buy slot, aside aeroplane transport fares for family see? Inside this Buhari/Tinubu economy?

Yoruba people call this 'otafa soke yido bori'.

By our own selves, and with our own collective efforts, we must return Nigeria and Black Africa to the path of growth and development.

No angels or prayers nor fasting, neither would 'japa-ing', do it for us. There are no shortcuts. No foreigner would fix Nigeria for us as much as Nigerians SHOULD.

We must calibrate and reset our domestic priorities on the basis of the most important needs of our population. We must ditch that senseless partying and the senseless importation of finished goods that essentially waste our scarce forex resources.

We must ditch avoidable luxury and reassess ourselves as a poor and extremely populated people. We must put our best feet forward and reward our most resourceful human resources in decision-taking.

We must do away with nepotism, corruption and mismanagement of human and material resources. All these would reduce the unemployment and delinquency in the society. It would make people less interested in going into modern slavery abroad.

We must think long-term, and must embrace delayed gratification in a modem systems-thinking approach that would guarantee long-term economic success and usher Nigeria into prosperity and glory.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Wizuman: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by spiceadole: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
Desperation landed them in that mess.

Why paying to get a job?
Our people are so used to bribing and paying to land jobs.

The instruction was simple but they wanted short cut.

I live in the UK
It took me 4 years of planning to relocate.

My pathway was simple and I followed it.
I didn't pay a dime to anyone.
I only paid official fees for the necessary exams that I took and to register with the medical council.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by almasterpiece(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
I believe people will eventually find their footing as time goes on

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by princemillla(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
All in the name of jappaaaa u becomes nonetity in another man's land

9 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Way4orward: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ok
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Theunbothered: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
CondemnBattery:
shocked
Driving past the Canadian embassy every morning on freedom way, you will ask yourself, all these people queuing each day to japa, what exactly are they going there for?

How can you just wake up and decide to run away from your own country, when most of them has good-paying jobs and businesses?

The desperation is really disturbing

In your own country they can triple the cost of living overnight and give you a cup of Garri and rice as "palliative". Continue asking stupid questions as if you are still in kindergarten.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by spiSeyi: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
The whites keep scamming the gullible cowards who ran away from their land 24/7 bcs of electricity and burgers, They make them work as slaves, what is the difference between them and our fathers who were brainwashed with lattans? The whites keep collecting back their money from them through paying taxes they can't pay here in Nigeria grin grin. If you fail to grow in your land , you can't grow anywhere. Apple can't grow in Nigeria bcs Nigeria is not its land. Welcome to 21st-century slavery cool

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by UDUJ(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
hmm .....abeg some one should help me convert to our local currency please.
Current exchange rate please, i want to know exactly how much was invested.

11.8 million naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by CondemnBattery(f): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Your father is stupid.
If you have nothing constructive to contribute, never come to my mention to pour your frustration next time. I'm not your useless father that couldn't give you a good life. Animal
Theunbothered:

In your own country they can triple the cost of living overnight and give you a cup of Garri and rice as "palliative". Continue asking stupid questions as if you are still in kindergarten.

9 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by AuschwitzPrefec: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
Slavery

More Goyim tax slaves .

This is the same situation in Canada if not worse.

But why anyone will see the JewK as a place to migrate to beats me .

Same Jewk that as late as the 60s the average Brit could only afford to take a hot bath once every two weeks .

If not for the 0koro coup of Jan 15 and the follow-up senseless 0koro instigated civil war that benefited British and Rothschild through war debt reparations, JewK would still have been a glorified serfdom.

In 1983, the Thatcher govt under the advice of the same instigator of the Nigerian civil war -Baron Victor Rothschild, backed a coup in Nigeria which saw the demon Buhari assume power and pay off all of Nigeria's civil war debt in one full swoop so as to bail the JewK out of an economic depression ochestrated by a spike in oil pricing. Fast forward to 2015, Buhari was brought back to finish Nigeria with more senseless debt to Jewish banksters so much so that the Jews in both London and Jew York own Nigeria.

Nigeria's case is so sad. A proud people who fell for Jewish tricks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by omohayek: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

No pity from me...same people that always step into the polling unit with sentiment and tribalism wants to run to a saner clime to enjoy

Anyway The truth be say if you dey get am clear here just stay Nigeria

The only reason I might decide to travel is because of Internet Protocol of those western countries that enable someone to keyboard effectively
Because wether you like am or not vpn nor dey really fit do much here in Nigeria
You are a demented tribalist. Does "Blessing" sound like the sort of pseudonym a Yoruba person would even choose? Isn't it your own clannish, blindly Obi-supporting people who go in for such names in the first place?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Bizibi(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
I don't like seeing people selling everything to relocate,I always advise against it.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by frog12: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
never feel pity for these greedy people. i was watching one yesterday on aljazeera. they were saved from being killed by saudi arabia border guards and some were almost dying of thirst.
nigerians they cal then. even with their children. when the news man asked them why they take risks like that, the man was saying government should better come and help them with housing. he no even care for him safety.

these people are not concerned at all about their lives.

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by mu2sa2: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mindlog:
I don't feel pity for them as they were very aware of what they were getting themselves into but choose to go ahead with the belief that God is miracle worker and their case would be different. One who have been here since May with no single shift, is still sending money to her pastor in Nigeria for seed sowing. angry
Hahaha, still sending money to her pastor in Nigeria for sowing seed!
Indeed, in Christianity nothing is impossible.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Theunbothered: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
CondemnBattery:
Your father is stupid.
If you have nothing constructive to contribute, never come to my mention to pour your frustration next time. I'm not your useless father that couldn't give you a good life. Animal

What was the contribution of your stupid question to the thread when everyone knows the answer? grin

The car you used to drive past the embassy how much was it 3 years ago compared to now? grin

The fuel you bought how much did it cost in December? grin

The reason people queue up to leave is because Nigeria has too many daft people like you wasting oxygen by asking silly questions that a toddler can understand.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by mrrandomguy: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
My frnd was a victim of this, two years now.. he hasn't bounced back, and the wicked agent is no where to be found. . He sold his car, land and all he had. Even borrowed, got to Europe and still borrowed from from home. He stayed in a hotel for almost 2 weeks before leaving to Kenya, where he stayed for almost a month, spending almost $50 daily. couldn't find anything doing. Had to return to lagos. Before the depot him.

15 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by omohayek: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
There are two problems with this issue here (apart from the non-existent proof-reading), namely

1. Being a "carer" is the very opposite of being a "skilled worker" - it doesn't take any "skills" to change bedpans and wipe the chins of old people in retirement homes - which is why carers are notoriously poorly paid in the UK.

2. Precisely because carers are terribly paid, there are tens of thousands of carer positions going vacant, so the only reason why someone who went to the UK to find carer work isn't doing the job is because she doesn't want to. Evidently, going to the food banks to seek handouts is a better use of her time than disposing of the faeces of bedridden white people (and really, who can blame her for making that conclusion?)

The takeaway lesson here is a simple one: don't apply for a "skilled worker" visa in a country like the UK unless you are actually a skilled worker! And by "skilled" I mean in things that require university degrees and substantial white collar experience (e.g. medicine, engineering, etc.) - things that would make you universally recognised as "skilled" even in Nigeria.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Douglad: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jamie1000:
My frnd was a victim of this, two years now.. he hasn't bounced back, and the wicked agent is no where to be found. . He sold his car, land and all he had. Even borrowed, got to Europe and still borrowed from from home. He stayed in a hotel for almost 2 weeks before leaving to Kenya, where he stayed for almost a month, spending almost $50 daily. couldn't find anything doing. Had to return to lagos. Before the depot him.

I still don't understand. Why do people use agents for goodness sake? Every information can easily be found online. This is 2023 for goodness sake

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by UnknownT: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
iF I HAVE 10,000 POUNDS, I will rather go through Study Visa instead of this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sukkot: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Slavery

More Goyim tax slaves .

This is the same situation in Canada if not worse.

But why anyone will see the JewK as a place to migrate to beats me .

Same Jewk that as late as the 60s the average Brit could only afford to take a hot bath once every two weeks .

If not for the 0koro coup of Jan 15 and the follow-up senseless 0koro instigated civil war that benefited British and Rothschild through war debt reparations, JewK would still have been a glorified serfdom.

In 1983, the Thatcher govt under the advice of the same instigator of the Nigerian civil war -Baron Victor Rothschild, backed a coup in Nigeria which saw the demon Buhari assume power and pay off all of Nigeria's civil war debt in one full swoop so as to bail the JewK out of an economic depression ochestrated by a spike in oil pricing. Fast forward to 2015, Buhari was brought back to finish Nigeria with more senseless debt to Jewish banksters so much so that the Jews in both London and Jew York own Nigeria.

Nigeria's case is so sad. A proud people who fell for Jewish tricks.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Jamie1000: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Douglad:

I still don't understand. Why do people use agents for goodness sake? Every information can easily be found online. This is 2023 for goodness sake

The problem is even the online is most likely fake. Except someone you know refers you, it's a risky adventure. Study visa is the safest.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by fabolouz1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
The grass isn't always greener at the other side.
Look before you leap.

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by AuschwitzPrefec: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:

Should I post CBN Forex reserves between November 1983 to December 31st 1984 for you to see.

The first thing Buhari did when he stole power was to transfer huge sums of money from our reserves to Jewish banksters .

You can easily verify this as the CBN website has archival data of Nigeria's foreign reserves.

After paying off Rothschild, did the Thatcher govt mince a word against the military junta that stole power ?

You know nothing.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by lexy2014: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mindlog:
I don't feel pity for them as they were very aware of what they were getting themselves into but choose to go ahead with the belief that God is miracle worker and their case would be different. One who have been here since May with no single shift, is still sending money to her pastor in Nigeria for seed sowing. angry

Where does the story suggest all you said?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by okeysoninv: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
omohayek:
There are two problems with this issue here (apart from the non-existent proof-reading), namely

1. Being a "carer" is the very opposite of being a "skilled worker" - it doesn't take any "skills" to change bedpans and wipe the chins of old people in retirement homes - which is why carers are notoriously poorly paid in the UK.

2. Precisely because carers are terribly paid, there are tens of thousands of carer positions going vacant, so the only reason why someone who went to the UK to find carer work isn't doing the job is because she doesn't want to. Evidently, going to the food banks to seek handouts is a better use of her time than disposing of the faeces of bedridden white people (and really, who can blame her for making that conclusion?)

The takeaway lesson here is a simple one: don't apply for a "skilled worker" visa in a country like the UK unless you are actually a skilled worker! And by "skilled" I mean in things that require university degrees and substantial white collar experience (e.g. medicine, engineering, etc.) - things that would make you universally recognised as "skilled" even in Nigeria.
stop talking trash most of care assistant jobs are saturated , no much vacancies again unlike before. .

12 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sukkot: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jamie1000:
how is he doing now and why go to kenya before lagos ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
omohayek:

Very true
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by KarterPatrick: 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
some names might be more common in certain cultures such as https://foxynamer.com/, there is a broad diversity in the names people choose for themselves. It's important to approach discussions and inquiries with an open mind and a willingness to learn about different cultural practices and perspectives.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sukkot: 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Should I post CBN Forex reserves between November 1983 to December 31st 1984 for you to see.

The first thing Buhari did when he stole power was to transfer huge sums of money from our reserves to Jewish banksters .

You can easily verify this as the CBN website has archival data of Nigeria's foreign reserves.

After paying off Rothschild, did the Thatcher govt mince a word against the military junta that stole power ?

You know nothing.
lets see proof of the bolded

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) / Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.