Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News (56149 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by emmaodet: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2023
FashionCookie:
Trust Nigerians to rejoice at other people's misfortunes...see comments. SMH...

Always bitter towards others. On Sundays they'll occupy the front seats in church. Wicked souls...

grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by emmaodet: 1:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Theunbothered:

What was the contribution of your stupid question to the thread when everyone knows the answer? grin

The car you used to drive past the embassy how much was it 3 years ago compared to now? grin

The fuel you bought how much did it cost in December? grin

The reason people queue up to leave is because Nigeria has too many daft people like you wasting oxygen by asking silly questions that a toddler can understand.

Jezz!!!!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by ArcFresky(m): 1:33am On Aug 24, 2023
grin grin ;
Theunbothered:
UK government is trying to stop the oncoming japa wave from Tinubu's bad policies and any war in Niger. grin

They will never talk about the number of health workers keeping their NHS alive, we know the game very well now. grin

Experience is the best teacher, no worry grin grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by AllenSpencer: 1:59am On Aug 24, 2023
okeysoninv:
tell your friend to move to Russia if his Visa is still valid.

🤣🤣🤣

Russia and Kazakhstan, what’s the difference ?

Seems you forgot about those Nigerians that Japa during World Cup, they begged to be returned to Nigeria. 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Toks2008(m): 2:21am On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:
This.

If you’re coming from a place where you’ve graduated 5-10 years waiting for a job and none is coming. You found yourself in a different country where unemployment isn’t as terrible and you have a legal permit to work. Not the “undocumented working under the table” situation, why not grit through it and see if there are jobs you can do? Is it that no one will employ them even though their visa is valid?

Well I can say I know how the uk works but having a work visa sounds like a good opportunity compared to being unemployed where they are coming from

Exactly my point.

I'm so sorry to say this but most Nigerians have this annoying entitlement mentality.

If you know what 5years work permit visa can do for you, "paying 10k" to get it is like a child's play compared to what you will benefit. Even if you start from cleaning for ÂŁ10 an hour, you will still make enough by month end and you can build from there but these dumb Nigerians come to the UK hoping to get white collar jobs.

Many undocumented people in America and UK go into arranged marriages spending about ÂŁ20k yet fail to secure residence permit and all is in the bid to be able to live and work legally.

This lady who granted this interview is stupid, dumb Nd brainless.

How i wish the home office could do their job and revoke her visa cos she is foolish not to understand that buying that visa is even a crime.

Some Nigerians are just so freaking stupid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Toks2008(m): 2:37am On Aug 24, 2023
coleon:

You are not getting it do you.
If you get into the UK via the sponsorship route which is the case here, you cannot do any other job apart from the non existent job that sponsored you into the UK.
So you can see their dilemma now.

Bro there are thousand of jobs that will employ you but some of these Nigerians are annoyingly picky.

They come with that crazy mindset that they will get a "befitting" jobs.

There are many jobs with staff shortage in the UK that will gladly employ them but they came with the mentality that everything is set for them... They don't want to build from scratch and they are so so freaking impatient forgetting the fact that they are actually starting life all over in a strange country.

Shebbi she ought to have shut up and blend into the system but hell NO...AS IF IT IS LIKE A CURSE FOR ONE CRAZY NIGERIAN TO BLOCK WAYS FOR OTHERS... They must grant interview shaa ni like cursed human beings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 5:00am On Aug 24, 2023
Well someone up there said they can only do the job they got the visa for and those jobs are nonexistent. So I guess …
Toks2008:

Exactly my point.

I'm so sorry to say this but most Nigerians have this annoying entitlement mentality.

If you know what 5years work permit visa can do for you, "paying 10k" to get it is like a child's play compared to what you will benefit. Even if you start from cleaning for ÂŁ10 an hour, you will still make enough by month end and you can build from there but these dumb Nigerians come to the UK hoping to get white collar jobs.

Many undocumented people in America and UK go into arranged marriages spending about ÂŁ20k yet fail to secure residence permit and all is in the bid to be able to live and work legally.

This lady who granted this interview is stupid, dumb Nd brainless.

How i wish the home office could do their job and revoke her visa cos she is foolish not to understand that buying that visa is even a crime.

Some Nigerians are just so freaking stupid.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 5:02am On Aug 24, 2023
🙉
Theunbothered:

What was the contribution of your stupid question to the thread when everyone knows the answer? grin

The car you used to drive past the embassy how much was it 3 years ago compared to now? grin

The reason people queue up to leave is because Nigeria has too many daft people like you wasting oxygen by asking silly questions that a toddler can understand.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Habeyy(m): 5:11am On Aug 24, 2023
Theunbothered:

In your own country they can triple the cost of living overnight and give you a cup of Garri and rice as "palliative". Continue asking stupid questions as if you are still in kindergarten.
Unnecessary question
Dont mind her
I believe if she can read and understand the economic index especially the one released by JP MORGAN of recent..she will jump at the opportunity to migrate to Rwanda
People just want to talk
These people were scammed by Nigerians not by the UK system
I don't know why people are bitter and dull at the same time
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Habeyy(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2023
Theunbothered:

Is it that people can't read or just so dumb

They fell in the hands of scammers period
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Myer(m): 5:36am On Aug 24, 2023
UDUJ:
This is laughable

Majority of them sold their houses and landed properties.

Others left high paying jobs for the mirage of the UK

SMH
It's the regret, betrayal and shame they must be feeling that is of concern to me.
I pray they some how make it through.
Nigerians are too wicked and corrupt.
Cos most of these agents know the situation of things in the UK yet because of the money they want to make, they deceive people with fake assurances.

This teaches one simple fact, Just as Jesus has torn the veil of the temple and we don't need an intermediary between us and God except for guidance, like wise you and educated person do not need an agent to make your applications.

UK cannot be exonerated of this crime. They know these crimes are being perpetrated under their nose but they are like wise making a lot of money from it.

I like what Ned Nwoko is doing, I pray he get enough credence and support, these western slave-masters own Africa an apology and compensation for the evil they have wrought on us and for all their exploitation.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Acidosis(m): 6:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Myer:

I like what Ned Nwoko is doing, I pray he get enough credence and support, these western slave-masters own Africa an apology and compensation for the evil they have wrought on us and for all their exploitation.

I hope you know that if Africa or Nigeria ever gets a compensation, shishi will not touch the hands of the ordinary people?

Do you know how Ned made his money? Ever read his land grabbing stories here?

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by lastkingsman: 6:25am On Aug 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

LoL I can never ever go to a country I can't be a citizen in except it's a place I can make a lot of money in a short time like the US or Switzerland. Anything else count me out cheesy cheesy

You are consistent on this point, it makes sense though
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Acidosis(m): 6:28am On Aug 24, 2023
CondemnBattery:
shocked
Driving past the Canadian embassy every morning on freedom way, you will ask yourself, all these people queuing each day to japa, what exactly are they going there for?

How can you just wake up and decide to run away from your own country, when most of them has good-paying jobs and businesses?

The desperation is really disturbing

Migration is a socio-cultural issue. Has little or nothing to do with economic reasons.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Anonymoususher: 6:39am On Aug 24, 2023
Toks2008:

If you have the chance to leave please do but be ready to build your life from the scratch. Laslas you will be glad you did.

Nigeria does not provide job security or business security.

Politicians, yahoo boys, as well as very few fortunate ones make it in the long run through serious sweat.

I know but if it is not study route, I can't risk it

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Anonymoususher: 6:41am On Aug 24, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

It's good you cancelled it. LMIA is very hard for a Nigerian living in Nigeria with a Nigerian passport to get clearance for. If it's not study visa, don't try it.

That's what I discovered and decided to abort the mission

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by lastkingsman: 6:42am On Aug 24, 2023
ednut1:
some were victims of kidnapping, banditry and other crimes in Nigeria. Some had thriving businesses that Buhari policies killed. Some people just wanted a decent working environment. Some were scared of their children future. Can you blame them

My brother, leave these people that always blame Nigerians. Do you know what it takes to leave your comfort zone, friends and family and Japa to another country?

Who be dey reason Japa and staying permanent in UK before?

Before Oct 14th 2014, one dollar was trading at 165$ (BM). APC came with the threat that if they didn't win, they would run an parallel govt and other useless threats that charged the atmosphere. Investors and businesses started buying dollars to hedge because of this and this drove the price from 165$ to 200$ (BM).

Evil APC on seeing this development started singing 1$ = 1NGN gibberish and some people actually believe this jingo.

They won the election and fast forward yesterday, I bought dollar for 920$. That's from 165$ to 920$ (82% depreciation of your currency in 8yrs).

How do we survive this?

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by pooozeee(m): 6:43am On Aug 24, 2023

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Mindlog: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2023
Anonymoususher:

I know but if it is not study route, I can't risk it

If your are skilled and such skill is on the occupation shortage list (not those care jobs stuff), then you are good to go. I am on the UK skilled worker visa, a clinical role in child and adolescent mental health services, though I was already qualified to get a job that would grant me UK skilled worker visa with my B.A degree but I wanted to do a Msc in a specialty when I was still in the mood, reason I came to do the UK through study route.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2023
I remember that time. Gosh tears of pain. This thing is too painful
lastkingsman:

My brother, leave these people that always blame Nigerians. Do you know what it takes to leave your comfort zone, friends and family and Japa to another country?

Who be dey reason Japa and staying permanent in UK before?

Before Oct 14th 2014, one dollar was trading at 165$ (BM). APC came with the threat that if they didn't win, they would run an parallel govt and other useless threats that charged the atmosphere. Investors and businesses started buying dollars to hedge because of this and this drove the price from 165$ to 200$ (BM).

Evil APC on seeing this development started singing 1$ = 1NGN gibberish and some people actually believe this jingo.

They won the election and fast forward yesterday, I bought dollar for 920$. That's from 165$ to 920$ (82% depreciation of your currency in 8yrs).

How do we survive this?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by cococandy(f): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2023
Acidosis:

I hope you know that if Africa or Nigeria ever gets a compensation, shishi will not touch the hands of the ordinary people?

That one doesn’t know

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Acidosis(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:

That one doesn’t know

I tell you !
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Theunbothered: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2023
ArcFresky:
grin grin ;

Experience is the best teacher, no worry grin grin

Despite all the experience they still won't move back. Who wants to spend their youthful years in a shithole run by criminals? grin

The food bank that they are managing they won't even get shi shi back home. grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Myer(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2023
Acidosis:

So because it will not reach me, we should not get what is rightfully ours?

Why not let your God-given Gift/skill/talent make a way for you and take you before Kings?

Whatever Govt provides will only complement that.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by okeysoninv: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2023
Toks2008:

Bro there are thousand of jobs that will employ you but some of these Nigerians are annoyingly picky.

They come with that crazy mindset that they will get a "befitting" jobs.

There are many jobs with staff shortage in the UK that will gladly employ them but they came with the mentality that everything is set for them... They don't want to build from scratch and they are so so freaking impatient forgetting the fact that they are actually starting life all over in a strange country.

Shebbi she ought to have shut up and blend into the system but hell NO...AS IF IT IS LIKE A CURSE FOR ONE CRAZY NIGERIAN TO BLOCK WAYS FOR OTHERS... They must grant interview shaa ni like cursed human beings.
you're talking trash oga, the person you quoted has explained everything to you yet you're talking out of point. If you enter UK with occupational skilled visa , you can't do any other job except the one assign to you. Do you get it.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Acidosis(m): 8:13am On Aug 24, 2023
Myer:

So because it will not reach me, we should not get what is rightfully ours?

Why not let your God-given Gift/skill/talent make a way for you and take you before Kings?

Whatever Govt provides will only complement that.

Any money that will not make a meaningful impact in the lives of the average Nigerians should remain with the "slave masters."
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by Wizuman: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2023
Wizuman:
what kind of skills do u av and u still have to pay sums 10k pounds to migrate to UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sukkot: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2023
1Sharon:

Well...
grin

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by sukkot: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2023
nathyx:
Wait am I supposed to pity them?? Phewww... Nonsense! Stay in your country and develop your country you Say Sam! I will rather carry 20 million throw away and go and be doing house-boy, house-girl for white man land LoL oti lo " Japa "kee you there kiss Mental slavery is killing Nigerians angry
cheesy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News by juman(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2023
It's very easy to get money in Nigeria than in abroad.

If you are doing well stay in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Twitter Japa Advisor Caught Going Against Her Own Advice 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.