Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? (18887 Views)

Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband / N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? by billyG(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Mindlog:

Which tribe/community still practice marrying the late husband's immediate brother?
Read my post again,they rarely do that nowadays...no marriage again they just continue from where d late brother stops.
Re: Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? by Mindlog: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2023
billyG:

Read my post again,they rarely do that nowadays...no marriage again they just continue from where d late brother stops.

Igbos used to do it but that has stopped, reason I asked to also know if their communities in igboland still practicing it.

My cousin whose husband died about 6 years ago, remarried last December and relocated here to the UK with her husband and the 8 year old she had with her late husband (boy still bears his father's name).
Re: Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? by Farfalla(f): 10:52am On Aug 29, 2023
PaulOtl:

And your own issue is that you only craftily picked out the part of her moving on, to make a statement, to whip up sentiments from onlookers. grin grin
You're a woman , after all. It's expected.

I said what I said. You felt triggered and hence, felt you needed to clap back at my comment.
Or are you the woman in the OP's narration?
Lol.
Shift

Projection at its best.

You're the one getting emotional here. The OP, albeit superstitious, wishes to have a deeper insight about how to go about having a relationship with a widow. Instead of addressing the matter, your "logic" causes you to attack a woman whose story you know nothing about, and in the process, attack women in general -- the usual crap about women's inability to love.

By insuniating that you expect nothing different from a woman, you really are not able to see that this very statement is an act of trying to whip up sentiments? Does the statement portray any level of objectivity, which most men claim to have, even though they are emotional wrecks?

Widows and widowers move on EVERYDAY! In fact, more widowers than widows move on with their lives. I have seen widowers looking for companions 4 months after the death of their wives. Using your "logic" do these men lack the capacity to love too?

Asking me whether I'm the woman in the OP's narration? Really? LOL!! And I'm the one whipping up sentiments? Okay oh. grin
Re: Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? by Yaks02(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
Skyfornia:
Absolutely no idea what tradition demands, but morally, there is need to let your late husband family know about your decision to remarry, especially when there are children involved..

U nailed it
Re: Does A Widow Need To Return Bride Price For Her To Date Another Man? by Juniorangel(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2023
Leave anything concerning widows talk less of marrying one, it doesn't end well. Besides there are many single girls. Just knack and move on don't marry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / People Build Better Houses In The Village: Why? / Eid Mubarak: Emir Of Ilorin At Prayer Ground. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.