Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? (14336 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2011
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by dabrake(m): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Yes!. . . . . Any further s[b]t[/b]upid questions?[/size] smiley
jagajaga OVKBC(Online Verbal Kick.Boxing Champion). Mr. Cork, plz clean sexkillz up. He luks like Poo.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
jidegirl12:

@cc what is SH ? and @killz abeg dont do that o, I just dont see what the big deal is, and you lose few calories sef lol
[size=14pt]If you as a woman feel it's okay then. . . But an obligation for all Ladies? NO!. . .[/size]
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2011
jagajaga OVKBC(Online Verbal Kick.Boxing Champion). Mr. Cork, plz clean sexkillz up. He luks like Poo.
[size=14pt]Duly Noted! Any further idiotic and moronic statements? smiley[/size]
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]If you as a woman feel it's okay then. . . But an obligation for all Ladies? NO!. . .[/size]

I agree, just my own opinion.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by dabrake(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Duly Noted! Any further idiotic and moronic statements? smiley[/size]
jst wasted some hrs of ma lyf wyt diz disease. NT4F(No Tym 4 F.o.o.l.s.) lyk u
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
jidegirl12:

I agree, just my own opinion.
[size=14pt]LOL! I'm ibo, but i dont think i'll allow my wife to do that if she is yoruba, and even if she wanted to! i'd just feel. . . weird![/size] smiley
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
dabrake:

jst wasted some hrs of ma lyf wyt diz disease. NT4F(No Tym 4 F.o.o.l.s.) lyk u
[size=14pt]Your inconsequential idiotic observation has been jotted down? Any other moronic observation?[/size] smiley
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
aribisala0:

not to greet the husband  per se
but certainly she should kneel down and greet

Abdulblocos
the lord of the realm
  the rigid digit
  bringer of joy
bounteous baton
  the one eyed sceptre
wondrous wand
that brightens the visage of
the wanton wenches.,.,.,.

abdulblocos
wreaker of havoc
elicits recoil
and then a flinch
and then hot boil
and
desperate clinch

oh abdulblocos
the dames blow and
the maids go
that you may sow
your tasty oats while you row
their fizzy boats

Lol, you must be high grin. But if you really wrote that, it's very very good. Very creative. Thumbs up. wink
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by sizzlers(m): 12:12am On Oct 16, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Your inconsequential idiotic observation has been jotted down? Any other moronic observation?[/size] smiley
I DONT THINK
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Contumely: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2011
sexkillz:

yeah, answer serendipitys question in the 2nd page.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Sike(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2011
S.M.H! Diz 21century slogan is part of what is killing our future. . Those that did IT back then never regreted it from my own observation oh.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2011
Sike:

S.M.H! Diz 21century slogan is part of what is killing our future. . Those that did IT back then never regreted it from my own observation oh.
Gud observatn. Hope u ve also observed dat tins change as d day breaks. As for me huggin n kissin re enough, i can't kneel down 4 my husband cos he is not God.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by aribisala0(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2011
kneel and greet
abdulblocos
billowing bulala
blessed banana
champion condo

genuflect and hail
abdulblocos
thy lord
thy prince
thy master

abdulblocos
dangling dong
the delightful drumstick

ignore the naysayers
whose beavers never knew
a jaunty joyride
nor had their fires lit
and then extinguished
by
the fleshy firehose

oh abdul blocos
dragon dickie
didst thou not
battle one thousand matriarchs
who swore never to salaam
the languid lingam

never to kowtow
before thy majesty
but thou didst slam
royal fundament
and plebeian rump

on marble mezzanine
on manured field
'twas the same
steamy pudendas
squelchin butts

the trouser snake
did bite and pursue
with onslaught relentless
and they did confess
the error manifest
in their haughty heroics

like Saul on his vengeful way
to Damascene slaughter
they didst relent
and proclaim thy eminence

Abdulblocos it is right that thou be praised
Old soldier
thee of a thousand names
my knees are on
the ground
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2011
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by oraclefemi(m): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2011
Here we go again , look no matter your level of education and civilization you should always remember that we have our traditions even if you choose to practice western ways dont forget they colonised us with their way of life and we had something before they came! Kneeling wont cut your life short or make you less human, it is a sign of respect which is the way we were brought up. You shake hands dont you? isnt that someone elses tradition? even the royals bow to their kings and queens in those so called western world , Nigerians always acting fake and denying their roots! A woman that kneels down to give me food or welcome me home will always win my heart,i am from Ondo state and it is tradition , i am not ready to marry all those educated , ego minded women out there these days , i saw how my mom treated my dad and he respected her and couldnt make any decision without her ! my mom wont eat till my dad is back home so they can eat together, seriously how many of so called modern day family do this? read this and tell me how many times you had to get your food from the cooler cause she is too tired to serve your ass, yet you say youre the man?? i will tear your degree and beat the hell and kick her out of my house any woman that tries that bullcrap with me .I am from Ondo state and not London or America, feed your views to people over there cause when your cross the atlantic ocean and step into africa this his how we do.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by aribisala0(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2011
well it is important to distinguish between western culture and industrialization culture.
the other recent innovation that has empowered women is contraception.

do not forget that women only recently started voting in the west.

the relationship between commoners and the aristocracy in britain has changed so much in the last 70 years

i think the real issue is industrialization which means more women now go out to work and often earn as much or even more than the man. this has changed the power dynamics in relationships and in society generally. for example in Britain you hardly hear anyone say Sir or Madam. these are English words after all

i don't think this is a "western thing", all these changes we see in nigeria. maybe some are

but the fact is that our lives are changing. for example women are now becoming deputy governors and ministers and will one day become governor and president. again this is NOT a western but a MODERN phenomenon as we have seen in Pakistan,Liberia and Brazil.

so i think all cultures change eternally and as long as we continue to empower our women it is inevitable that such culture will die out
there is no MIDDLE GROUND .
we can either adopt a Sharia Boko Haram Model or accept that as women continue to grow in power their subservience will diminish reciprocally.
even now if we look at the generation of the likes of the wives of Bola Ige(a Judge), it is likely that less than half observed this practice. and in the generation of people who have married in the last 20 years that i know personally probably 1%
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by otiigba1(m): 11:25am On Oct 16, 2011
i also do not think house "girls" should kneel down also, as some of you have suggested, house girls are also human beings,its also barbaric to call them house "girls", just because they are less fortunate, dont forget that they are some body`s sister or daughter, one day they might be in better position than their "MADAM" or OGA, i was a house boy once, look at me now.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2011
It may be customary in some tribes, for the wife to kneel down, to greet her husband. Definitely not in mine, my grandmother didn't kneel down to greet my grandfather, my mother didn't kneel down to greet my father. And my wife definitely won't kneel down to greet me.

I have nothing against wives that kneel to greet their husbands, different strokes for different folk.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 16, 2011
oti-igba:

i also do not think house "girls" should kneel down also, as some of you have suggested, house girls are also human beings,its also barbaric to call them house "girls", just because they are less fortunate, dont forget that they are some body`s sister or daughter, one day they might be in better position than their "MADAM" or OGA, i was a house boy once, look at me now.

Bro, I agree with you, whole heartedly. I also believe house helps should be treated as the rest of the family, not as thought they are lesser beings, because they aren't. I don't believe in house helps either, at least not in the Nigerian context, but that's a different debate for another thread.

I'm happy you've moved on, and are looking at bigger things in life, stay blessed!
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by otiigba1(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2011
sexkillz:

ok!! sexkillz we get!! you ve made your point!! now can we get on with making some sense! on the topic, i am sure you are articulate enough!!
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by otiigba1(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2011
Siena:

Bro, I agree with you, whole heartedly. I also believe house helps should be treated as the rest of the family, not as thought they are lesser beings, because they aren't. I don't believe in house helps either, at least not in the Nigerian context, but that's a different debate for another thread.

I'm happy you've moved on, and are looking at bigger things in life, stay blessed!

thanks bro. you stay blessed too,
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by MrsSiena1(f): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2011
Kneeling down to greet one's hubby doesnt mean you are submissive. One can kneel from now till 2015 physically and in her heart she is not kneeling down instead she is standing tall. I dont have to kneel down to make a request to my hubby before he grants it sometimes sef na by force I dey request. Basically if you have to kneel down to get want you want then that means your gesture is not from your heart and its pointless.

Our cultures are very different from each oda if we are saying we should follow all like eg killing of twins was part of tradition and culture in ancient times but does it mean it was right, of cos not.

As long as I respect, care and love my husband that is what matters to me
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by MrsSiena1(f): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
Chaircover, I am not knocking anyone's method, simply stating my point, as you have stated yours. Besides, I didn't mention your name, this thread isn't about you.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2011
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
1 Timothy 2:11 says:
11.Let the womanlearn in silence with all subjection.
12.But I suffer not a woman to teach,nor to usurp authority over the man but to be in silence.
13.For Adam was first formed,then Eve.

I like my women submissive,and I kind of find the kneeling down thing kind of sex.y,however I do not force it but it would be nice if women knelt before their hubbys/partners once in a while. grin grin
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
I might go off topic but well. . . . .

Why should it be a big deal if a woman decides to kneel for her husband whether it is to greet him or get something from him? Please this thread is not all about America wannabe's. Some of us still relate well with our culture and yes we all have got different cultural values.

I was born In Lagos, grew up in Lagos, come from a family where everyone speaks Yoruba like crazy. When we have non speaking Yoruba visitors and we wanna say things about them or things we don't want them to know about or hear, my sisters just start speaking Yoruba. Sometimes I wonder how my parents did it, we all speak Yoruba, Igbo and English, well I don't really speak but I understand it very well embarassed ,we all had a mixed cultural upbringing(Yoruigbo I call it kiss) .I kneel to greet my parents till date, even Last year November, I knelt down at the Airport to greet my Father and my husband prostrated with finger touching toe to greet him as well. My grandmothers knelt down to greet their husbands, my own mother I never saw her kneel down but I know her way of greeting her husband when he comes back from work is with a big cuddling hug cool.

I don't kneel for my husband, but neither will I criticize women that do. Truth is, a lot of Nigerians are quick at mentioning ''Culture'' when interacting with non Nigerians but when it comes to the culture itself, we give excuses. To each their own. If I want something from my husband I know how to go about it, never knelt down for him and don't think i will, I don't demand for it, I politely ask-beg for it, the only delay I get is his usual shakara but that's the story of my life undecided.

Truth is, when I was In High school, my mum loved my Yoruba friends so much because of the way they knelt down to greet her grin cheesy, she liked my Igbo friends as well because they had their own way of greeting her they also bent down to greet her. I met a male Yoruba Doctor at our Nigerian Independence day party here and I remember shaking him with both hands and mehnnnn did this man wish he met me first before my husband grin tongue ?.

The more reason why I hate these tribal threads when I see them, my 2nd sister is married to a Yoruba guy and my parents adore him. Damn the traditional marriage day, they were all practically on their knees that day greeting people. Loved it kiss kiss
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by muyoto: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
why not the man kneeling before the wife?? tongue
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by muyoto: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
BTW, WTF is kneeling down?
have any of you tried kneeling up [/b]before?? I'd really like to know how successful you were!!  cheesy

[size=25pt]GET IT: WHEN YOU KNEEL, IT MUST BE [b]DOWN
!!!!![/size]

@topic, i personally would be embarrassed to see my wife kneeling before me. . .but that's just me. As long as both partners are cool with it, i don't think there should be any issue.
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by JUSTME2SY: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hmmmm even the married ones, there is "small children's corner" am only reading!!!!!!!!!![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? by amor4ce(m): 12:46am On Oct 17, 2011
How did Sarah greet Abraham?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? / How To Handle Close Betrayal From Close Family Members [like A BOSS] / I Have A Problem With My Husband Brother Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.