Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? (36755 Views)

How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43am On Aug 29, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Now..
Let us take Wike for instance..

If someone who is in the position of enforcing the law is now using the law as a tool for oppression,, will his enforcement method make the society better or worse?

Penguin2, Dtruthspeaker

You already know that the people are going to cry and Wike has already shown that he has no regard for Law, it is exactly as Fela said and he is an example of "Vagabonds in Power" which I say Vagabonds have been given power.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2023
Penguin2:

How will these laws you suggested be obeyed if they are not enforced by man with punishments for failing to keep them introduced?

They are already enforced by everyone in the society. And in fact you have just showed me another elevation The Law has, which is it makes every person a Law enforcer unlike legal which is even using its eye to choose and select those who shall enforce its law e.g. murderers, armed robbers, thieves, prisoners can be selected as its officers, as we have already seen. And remember, it's officers are never ever enough, so they never cover the whole territory. Which is why some places will feel secure and others unsecured

But under The Law, The Law appoints every reasonable person in the society from the children to the elderly adult to ensure that The Law is enforced. And where The Law breaker still does not rectify his breach, then more people shall be drafted what is wrongly called demonstrations (supposed to be called (Movement of the people) or mob (wait o is mob a pervasion of mop?) by these same lawbreakers.

And that is why all rulers whether kings or presidents or dictators, everywhere fear the M.O.P (Movement of the people) for the MOP is the arm of The Law in action.

And you see it in action everywhere e.g. when someone is trying to take advantage of a person who is mentally infirmed, or taking advantage over a child, cheating, fraud, wickedness like a woman tearing up a child or housegirl, public and domestic violence, adultery etc. One is playing out in Haiti!

And this is also what all these noise that atheists make in calling on people to believe in science and machines is also attacking, that is why people are no longer sensitive to their fellowman and carrying out the atheists law of mind your business (the hobbs doctrine you said) whereas, they are silently acquiring power to rule and enslave you.

And they are calling on people to leave their and cast away their protection under Law. And that is why the world is in shit!
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by benjida: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Buy another toy.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by tofolo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
From @General_Oluchi on X-(Formerly-Twitter)

Source:
https://twitter.com/General_Oluchi/status/1694899224083677230
Teach them to take turns in playing with the toy.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
It's not in my house that the petitioner will form principalities and powers. You nor go, you no let another person go? Better slap will reset his/her brain and remind the petitioner that overall, na me be boss wey buy the toy. With immediate alacrity, he'll hand down the toy to the person who needs it. I won't tolerate such in my house. In fact no body owns any toy/property until they begin to acquire things with their own hard earned money.

As parents, let's teach our children to share. It will help them in future especially when you're no longer there.

Shalom.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Blackman101: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
who ever paid for the toy should decide who get it.

welcome to the world of children grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by NJV: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

Kids will be kids

Teach the respondent the importance of being humble enough to politely ask the petitioner for permission to play with his toy. Let the petitioner know something isn't hers just because she likes to play with it .

Also teach the petitioner the importance of being kind enough to share his stuff with his sibling. He should learn kindness and compassion as early as his present age.

The case before you is a good opportunity to teach your kids vital and valuable life lessons that will help them in future.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by rickleye: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

From my experience - the one with hot tears doesn’t own it. Classic siblings fights. I don’t want her to have it even though I ain’t playing with it .
Solution - time share . One gets to play with it for 10 mins then switch. If not Toy is going to be donated to someone else

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by shaqur231(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Interesting topic, I am willing to learn more here as it is something I face a lot with my kids.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by rickleye: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
benjida:
Buy another toy.

Lol . You can’t always buy another toy especially since they play with it for 5 mins and don’t touch it again.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by correctguy101(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
The one who loves playing with it, she needs it more than the owner
The owner is just being petty for always wanting to hold it each time the other wants to play with it. Teach the owner how to let go off things he no longer needs especially when there's someone who is in need of such things.

Armed robbery mindset ... undecided
Zero regard for the real owners. Just take what you love since in ya mind you love it more than the owner (Reminds this ancestor of our colonial masters shocked ). Believe me, you won't find it funny if you're ever caught at the receiving end

As if those werey that robbed me last year love my money and phone more than me... undecided

But that's life. The vawulent always takes things by force.... angry

Ah, I almost forgot, we're talking about children here....

Abeg tell the mother to go get another toy...

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by gibiam(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
The toy can leased to the one who likes to be playing with it but under setting condition stipulated by the owner.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by complexstuffs(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
All eyes on the Judiciary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Ferrous(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
If I am to be the judge, I will rule it in favour of the petitioner. Period.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by mariahAngel(f): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
My mum would sometimes say anaghi eji ihe nwata a gugu ibe ya.
Meaning, you can't use something that belongs to a child to pacify another child.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by jumper524(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
The one who loves playing with it, she needs it more than the owner
The owner is just being petty for always wanting to hold it each time the other wants to play with it. Teach the owner how to let go off things he no longer needs especially when there's someone who is in need of such things.
the junior needs to learn how to compromise and lobby.
It's not hers and shouldn't be pampered into being entitled into getting whats not hers.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by jackmrandy: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

ask them both to bring proof of ownership. let them start learning from childhood. the fact you are holding something does not mean it belongs to you. let them learn how the society works. which ever one is able to proove beyond reasonable doubt that he or she is the owner, gets it. Wish these are my kids, chai I go laugh tire.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by 8stargeneral: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
That respondent should go to jail for claiming what he don't have

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
jumper524:
the junior needs to learn how to compromise and lobby.
It's not hers and shouldn't be pampered into being entitled into getting whats not hers.
They are siblings and the older one should learn how to carry the younger ones along
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Iselogunise: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Get the respondent his/hers.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by dkidd: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Get a new toy for the other one and let the owner keep his toy
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Solowande(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
There's no case here. The toy belongs to the petitioner. Give it to him and buy the respondent, her toy but not of the same type and color. Case close.

On second thought, teach them how to share. Tell the respondent that, there's love in sharing. In this scenario, no winner, no loser. You must imbibe in them, the gain of sharing their personal belongings
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by insabarnur(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
God gave them live equally so why is common toy given to one and leaving the other wanting.

New similar toy should already be on the way.
Case closed
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by abobote: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
It belongs to the original owner whether he plays with it or not
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Iamcrazy: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
He's talking about pvssy
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by fabolouz1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2023
The case is striked out for constituting nuisance .
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Favordbygrace: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Clearly the respondent is covetous..and such unhealthy character traits should not be encouraged.Reminds me of a Bible character called King Ahab that did not hesitate to commit murder just because he desperately wants ownership of a vineyard.

There's no case here,give the toy to whom it rightfully belongs to.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Trapnews: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Guys..

Please don't derail this thread.

Just Read And Give Your Decision.
Abeg stop breeding generations with entitlement mentality. Give the toy to the owner and reset the memory of the one crying with any means necessary abeg,
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by darealez(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
Giving an outright judgement would be missing a chance to teach a big lesson.

The petitioner is right and within jurisdiction of claim, howbeit wrong based on premises of association.

The respondent is obviously wrong but technically right on grounds of associative compromise.

Here's my Judgement:
- That the petitioner be asked how many things he doesn't own but use / enjoy freely.

- That the petitioner be asked to explain the whether the funds for purchase belonged to him

- That the petitioner be made to understand the importance of sharing

- And finally for the petitioner, that petitioner be handed his toy with immediate effect, while being subjected to community service until he understands the very act of sharing.

For the respondent...
- That she be taught the concepts of contentment

- That she be assigned a quotta of the petitioners chores should she choose to play with the said item

- That she be made to join the petitioner in the community service until she has understood the act of entitlement is witchcraft

- That she be denied access to the said item at the decision of the petitioner without questioning.

For the Judge...
- That you apologize to the petitioner for wrongful possession of his item

- That the petitioner be compensated for choosing court over terror

- That you apologize to the petitioner for making him appear as though he was out of order

- That you report back to this court with a progress report weekly.

Here's my Judgement.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by charlypoker(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
The owner of the toy should be given his toy back.
Whether he loves playing with it or not, it's his and he should have custody of it.
End of story
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by 9jatriot(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
In a law court, this is a simple case of owner owns the property and has a right to it.

But in a moral, family or village court, there are often no hard lines. This why customary court are able to resolve issues and the people involved can still be friends after the case because they will be made to look at the big picture.

This is often the opportunity to teach the kids to share. To remind them that the toy actually belongs to the parent but only allocated to that kid to use.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Triplerg: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
But why are you monitoring me?
Don't mind him. What he doesn't know is that we do different types of work. The nature of some people's work gives them ample time to play here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.