Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament (482 Views)

Women In Old Testament Vs Women In New Testament. / GOD of the Old testament vs GOD of the New testament / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2023
preciousee17:

Okay, let me understand this:

The Torah (Exodus) gives account of the 10 Commandments and we should accept it.
The Torah (Exodus) gives account of Moses' 40 days on the mountain and we shouldn't accept it.
?
I was still curious, how else do we hear God's voice for ourselves?

That's what I said before that we don't have the Original Torah and also there was not camera phone at that time to record all that the True God told Moses on the mountain, so we can only be guided now by the what a True Merciful God that gave the Ten Commandments is like and would expect from us.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:
So you don't believe God, the almighty has the ability to create a new human being without sex?.

Like what did he do in Genesis 1 when he created Adam out of dust/earth?. bleeped the ground?.

Lol.

Then the god you are referring to that mated with Mary another man's wife would also have mated with Eve and told Adam not to touch Eve until after she has given birth.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Then the god you are referring to that mated with Mary another man's wife would also have mated with Eve and told Adam not to touch Eve until after she has given birth.

So what we're all half God? I always felt that spark of divinity.

Anyways, no reason to take you serious given ur not even really responding to my take.

2 Likes

Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
MindHacker9009:

That's what I said before that we don't have the Original Torah and also there was not camera phone at that time to record all that the True God told Moses on the mountain, so we can only be guided now by the what a True Merciful God that gave the Ten Commandments is like and would expect from us.

You're not getting my point.

My point is, you're selecting what to accept from your Torah.
And you don't have the original as a reference point to justify the need to select certain things and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

Largely based on speculation and leaning on the most fanciful materialist take.
What are the speculations?
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maynman:

What are the speculations?

Big one is assuming the Israelite religion was uniformly polyethistic or monotheistic(not exactly the right term but I'll keep using it) when the scriptures actually show Monotheistic prophets having to constantly compete against polytheistic priests.

Which Prophet isn't recorded competing against polytheists?.

There are also assumptions on who YHWH "originally" was that are just based on very fragmentary evidence. That's why there's like a billion speculations on "what god YHWH" originally was from storm to war to a dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XogaHpV5oUs?si=QW3K499ntf1AjY15
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

Big one is assuming the Israelite religion was uniformly polyethistic or monotheistic(not exactly the right term but I'll keep using it) when the scriptures actually show Monotheistic prophets having to constantly compete against polytheistic priests.

There are also assumptions on who YHWH "originally" was that are just based on very fragmentary evidence. That's why there's like a billion speculations on "what god YHWH" originally was from storm to war to a dragon

There is nothing like "israelite religion"
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maynman:

There is nothing like "israelite religion"

Elaborate
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

Elaborate
Can you bring out where you read "israelite religion" from
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maynman:

Can you bring out where you read "israelite religion" from

Did the Ancient Israelites not have Religions?
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

Did the Ancient Israelites not have Religions?
Who are the israelites and what makes them ancient?

They worshipped local gods then not "religion"

For proper knowledge on religion and how it evolve ,check this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio

Again, can you show me where you read "israelite religion" from

1 Like

Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

Thank you for this video. God Almighty is using the internet to expose the truth today
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
MindHacker9009:

I was waiting for your reply
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

There is zero evidence in this video but jst talking about the physical qualities of yahweh using "nostrils" as main reference lol.

For proper scholarship work, check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKst8zeh-U?si=URWrJuVN-HTFgxOg
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
preciousee17:

I was waiting for your reply

You keep drifting away from my reponse
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You keep drifting away from my reponse

Haha. I'm asking you questions and noting your answers. smiley
I thought I was free to ask anything since you were replying. Not like we're arguing on a specific topic or anything sorta.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maynman:

Who are the israelites and what makes them ancient?

They worshipped local gods then not "religion"

For proper knowledge on religion and how it evolve ,check this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio

Again, can you show me where you read "israelite religion" from

Stop being autistic about terminology, you well know what we mean when we refer to a people's/folk's religion. If we didn't nobody would be talking about Igbo, Yoruba or etc religion.

Whatever you want to call it, this "worshipped local gods" still has the same issues I outlined above.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Pecuman: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maynman:

There is zero evidence in this video but jst talking about the physical qualities of yahweh using "nostrils" as main reference lol.

For proper scholarship work, check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKst8zeh-U?si=URWrJuVN-HTFgxOg

There is quite a difference between zero evidence and insufficient evidence. Like quoting verses certainly is evidence, that video you posted also quoted verses.

Theories on YHWH's origin have as little evidence as the video you dismissed. Some faux etymological tie to "to blow" is no more evidence than the guy that made the dragon video quoting a dozen verses.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

There is quite a difference between zero evidence and insufficient evidence. Like quoting verses certainly is evidence, that video you posted also quoted verses.

Theories on YHWH's origin have as little evidence as the video you dismissed. Some faux etymological tie to "to blow" is no more evidence than the guy that made the dragon video quoting a dozen verses.
Quoting verses is not an evidence.
And the video never said anything about yahweh origin. But his pysical description and even comments under the video says his references do not tally.

1 Like

Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by Maynman: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Pecuman:

For
Stop being autistic about terminology, you well know what we mean when we refer to a people's/folk's religion. If we didn't nobody would be talking about Igbo, Yoruba or etc religion.

Whatever you want to call it, this "worshipped local gods" still has the same issues I outlined above.
stop being little minded, the topic we are talking about is about ancient history and we have to be careful of the terminologies we use.
Re: The GOD Of The Old Testament Vs The god of the New Testament by SIRTee15: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2023
MindHacker9009:

The Old Testament we have today was written in Rome after the Roman empire destroyed the Temple in ad 70 and took the original Jewish Torah away to Rome from which they then rewrote the Old Testament we have today, this means we don't have the Original Torah True God gave to Moses.

Hmmm
So u deny the present old testament scriptures. The real Torah was taken away by the Romans. Sounds like some islamic dawah script- they also claim the real injil and Torah is lost.

But the question is what about the dead sea scrolls. They were written prior to the Roman invasion. Have u bothered to check them to know what the scripture looks like prio to Roman invasion.

Have u heard about the ketef hinomm scrolls. They are dated to the 6th to 7th BC and has fragments from the book of numbers.

What u doing is hiding behind one finger. Your assertion can't pass any scientific or theological scrutiny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Was God Caught Unaware By The Sin Of Lucifer / Help, I Can't Fast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.