Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? (10938 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by CodeTemplar: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Exam in Africa is do or die for most.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by CaptainFM1: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
We carry orijo and everyone in the class score 100/100 in an objective test. And the orijo na that wooden yellow ruler we used. Bullet proof orijo wey no invigilator go code.

As the wooden ruler dey calibrated already, we just use the numbers on it as the questions number in multiple of 10. The first millimeter is (a), 2nd is (b) 3rd is (c), 4th is (d) while 5th is (e).

On each question, we just use needle or any sharp object to punch the appropriate scale corresponding to the answer.

Nobody suspect anything, 1hr paper, we were done in 20mins.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by do4luv14(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
May 2003,

Is still fresh in my mind,

being a good student that knows Govt subject very well, I had the misfortune of having those that knew I sabi the subject sitting at both my flanks back and front, come see as invigilator dry look bros

Sharply, I had almost completed the whole questions, just returning to the few, I had yet to answer, bae in my front was oya nau, the guy by my flank whispering,

before I knew it, the invigilator land at my side, collect both my question paper and answer sheet, wanted to protest that I don't do anything wrong, naso Oga wire Slap , chaii, e pain me ehn

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by thuxzwda1: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
I remember the day I had to write my CSC exam with a green pen......I had to beg die B4 dem accept am grin
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Kingsasian(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
I
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kereman1: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Another one, my department was one of the most unserious dept in futo, from students to hod, student come 5hours early just to keep seat for friends, we call it formation, our then departmental sec gen, obinna, was already at our exam centre at 5:30am to set formation, for a 9am exam, me and tolu got there by 6am, obinna had sellected the juicy Blindspot for his formation, he claimed over 20seats claiming that, it was for him, his guys and some mercineries, me and tolu wanted to be in the formation but obinna refuse, we beat up obinna before his colleagues came over, las las we still join the formation.

7 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Guest911: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
shantti:
I remember when they removed a mechanical engineering student from his hall and put only him in our hall(chemical engineering). The guy became the only mechanical engineering students seating in the midst of chemical engineers and our hall was very very strict unlike theirs and the guy didn't study cos he hoped on doing malpractice. For over an hour this guy was looking confused and kept on staring at his paper. When it was 30 mins to go he had no other option but to start copying from my answer booklets even though we were writing different exams πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He even borrowed pencil and ruler and neatly drew all the diagrams he saw in my booklets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

When he was through he examined it and showed it to me and asked shey it's okay , I nodded and he jejely submitted his book πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The guy supposed Dey psychiatrist home lol .

7 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by complexstuffs(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
shamsin6300:
Mine happen in 300l. The guy at my front is like a friend and happen to be our course ref as well.

I was contemplating on an answer to a particular question so I was like "guy" so so thing is the answer to this particular question right? He kept mute, I taught he didn't get me clearly so I have to repeat myself but my guy maintain his dumpness.

After the exam I narrate what happen to my course mate so they were like ahhhhhhhh! Who send me the guy no send your papa in exam hall na all this NIFES people that believe is a crime to talk in exam hall. I was really shocked and disappointed.

You are disappointed because the guy did the right thing

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by shantti(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Guest911:

The guy supposed Dey psychiatrist home lol .

Lol
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Timoleon(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2023
Your guy Na legendπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
vastolord4:
grin lol.. my friend was caught with foolscap. the exerminar was sprinting towards him. Between being seen and sprinting, he had squeeze and swallowed a whole foolscap without water grin grin the exerminar weak πŸ˜ͺ

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by aQUINandmore: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
While in the tertiary I always smoke weed before going to exam hall.
The first 30 mins I always only stare at the papers without knowing anything to write before ideals will start trickling in.
It's funny how I knacked over 15 Lecturers in just 2 semesters in the uni.

Now I'm just keeping myself for tinubu alone, I love you tinubu kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Dbarrzx: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mine happened during my finals in AAU...ACC401.....Mr Idialu....once u get through that course u are almost a graduate.

I was distracted by my course mates seated all around me...because them believe me die.

I was trying to explain a point and Mr Ibadin caught me...jesss.. And so many thought ran through my mind immediately he called me out. Could this be my extension or a spill over!!!
Thank God he asked me to submit and leave the hall when the time left was still much.

I left and God did it, scored a good grade.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by UDUJ(m): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Samantha124:
I have few unforgettable experiences.

1. There was this other time we were busy writing an exam and I came across these other questions that I didn't study for, I remember I decided to play a role of a prophetess and skipped the chapter while I was studying because I didn't think the lecturer would include it in the exam.

For a moment I just sat back and stared at the question paper like it was my worst nightmare.. grin grin grin.. I looked around and everyone was busy writing and I thought to myself " damn! These ones are good students and they studied all the chapters"

While I was busy sitting there looking at the question paper, a car passed outside our exam hall playing this other house song that I loved so much, it was playing it out loud... I immediately started involuntarily nodding my head to the song while staring at the question paper knowing very well that I was about to write nonsense.. grin grin grin

2. My second unforgettable moment was this other time we were about to write an exam and still going through the question paper when our invigilator started eating naartjie fruit peels after he finished eating all the naartjies he had... I remember I was seated in the front row... Immediately I noticed him, I started laughing and tried to cover my mouth but it was too late, the entire class burst into laughter too..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.. He acted confused and started shouting at us in Afrikaans, but that only made us to laugh even more.

3. And my third and last unforgettable experience was this year, it was my first time writing my distance learning exam and I wrote it while still in bed and in my pajamas.. grin grin grin

Lol at the boldfaced cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by 9jaloyalist(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
shamsin6300:
Mine happen in 300l. The guy at my front is like a friend and happen to be our course ref as well.

I was contemplating on an answer to a particular question so I was like "guy" so so thing is the answer to this particular question right? He kept mute, I taught he didn't get me clearly so I have to repeat myself but my guy maintain his dumpness.

After the exam I narrate what happen to my course mate so they were like ahhhhhhhh! Who send me the guy no send your papa in exam hall na all this NIFES people that believe is a crime to talk in exam hall. I was really shocked and disappointed.

Oh God, it was my first semester 200l we wrote one Bio like that, the man Deliberately ask questions out of the course syllables and students manual because some of us disrespected him during his lectures. As the question paper was distributed the hall became noisy, immediately I knew something was wrong, as I received mine I didn't bother to check the questions until we were ask to, immediately I turned the page, I noticed I can't answer any of the questions because it is out of context, for the first time in my life something like that happened, I just smiled, pray and begin to write the story of my life, I filled as much pages as I can and submitted my booklet, lol and behold when result was out I got a C, rumors had it that we were the big boys for not failing the course πŸ˜ƒ.

Again OP NiFES people are amazing, NiFES is a training ground, don't hate us we love you and we love Jesus.

Proudly a NiFESian

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by 9jaloyalist(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
Oh God, it was my first semester 200l we wrote one Bio like that, the man Deliberately ask questions out of the course syllables and students manual because some of us disrespected him during his lectures. As the question paper was distributed the hall became noisy, immediately I knew something was wrong, as I received mine I didn't bother to check the questions until we were ask to, immediately I turned the page, I noticed I can't answer any of the questions because it is out of context, for the first time in my life something like that happened, I just smiled, pray and begin to write the story of my life, I filled as much pages as I can and submitted my booklet, lol and behold when result was out I got a C, rumors had it that we were the big boys for not failing the course πŸ˜ƒ.

Again OP NiFES people are amazing, NiFES is a training ground, don't hate us we love you and we love Jesus.

Proudly a NiFESian
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Benwallt(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmmmm. 200level , a day the exam was wen we were given matric number and after finishing the last paper and submitted. Just outside the hall, I checked the number and realised I had missed the numbers. Instead of 365 I wrote 635. I quick approach the lecturer in charge, told him what just transpired and he said I shouldn't worry or bother that I had failed the course already that I should prepare to write it next year. He refused to let me change the number.

I had to go and beg whose course it was after the scripts were submitted. That one was human enough to allow me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Blitzking: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
In 200level during our anatomy mb we were taken to a small seminar room in the anatomy dept them scattere all of us we were like 15 in that room as a very smart student I knew most of the questions but av already told myself if this particular question showed up I would use idea to confuse the examiner naso I see describe the anatomy of the lumbosacral plexus..omo I say I no fit leave this booklet blank. Naso I begin write..thank God I pass cos u no fit get pass 6 or 7 over ten for each question cos na close marking..in pt 3 mb for dissection room bones full everywhere oga just ask pick a bone naso I pick skull most ppl dey big bones of the limbs( upper or lower) I don already reason say na basic question baba go ask since that bone complex I would say after the hip(pelvic bone) the next na skull..I sha answer all him questions. Omo I don dey hot seat In 2's ....3's......4's and even 5's..was an experience sha
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by KwuoteYourFada: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
shantti:
I remember when they removed a mechanical engineering student from his hall and put only him in our hall(chemical engineering). The guy became the only mechanical engineering students seating in the midst of chemical engineers and our hall was very very strict unlike theirs and the guy didn't study cos he hoped on doing malpractice. For over an hour this guy was looking confused and kept on staring at his paper. When it was 30 mins to go he had no other option but to start copying from my answer booklets even though we were writing different exams πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He even borrowed pencil and ruler and neatly drew all the diagrams he saw in my booklets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

When he was through he examined it and showed it to me and asked shey it's okay , I nodded and he jejely submitted his book πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This is by far the most hilarious thing I have read all Day 🀣

8 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Kirchoffs: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
During my undergraduate days in Unilag, Mathematics FSC 104 questions leaked, me and my guys don solve everything for biobaku hostel the previous night, the maths exam was the next day. I walked in smiling as the examiner dey share question paper.

Lo and behold the questions I saw were completely different from waht we had solved the previous day. I immediately began to sweat grin grin, I looked at my friend Chris and he glanced at me again with despair. Omor see calculus and parabola everywhere. I won craze.

Some exams you just know say na F you go get , nothing fit Change am grin

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kay29000(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
It was in 400 level.

I'm not good in maths, so any math related subject we did in my department always gave me a hard time. I failed this particular course in year 3, and was doing it as a carry over course in year 4. If I failed again, that was it... I would have had an extra year.

We were to answer 3 questions... The first was theory, I answered that one perfectly. When it came to calculation, I was stuck half way through the second question. This year 3 girl sitting in front of me saw I wasn't writing anything and signaled to me for us to switch papers that she had the answers on her question paper. I'm not the type to cheat during exams and I found it hard to do it, even though a lot depended on it. I finally summonded the courage to switch papers with her when the invigilator stepped out for a few seconds.

I quickly copied the second question. After that, I was like, with this, I know I can't fail. From my calculations, I would at least get a D. After a few minutes of me looking at the ceiling again, she whispered to me that she had completed the last question, and wanted us to switch again. I'm like, thinking to myself, this girl must have been sent by my guardian angel, cos I don't think I had ever spoken to her before. But I was too scared of not getting caught, so I froze. After hearing 5 minutes to go, the girl got up and walked to the front of the class as if she was going to submit her paper, but turned back and walked back as if she had forgotten something... Walked over to my side, swapped question paper with me, and walked back to the front to submit.

The question paper had the full workings for the third question. I copied and completed just in time before the invigilator stopped us.

I got a C in the course. That girl literally saved me from staying one extra year in the uni.

17 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by sharpwriter(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
shantti:

Lol .... exam can be a real torture and oppression cheesy the tin don turn him to craze man

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by sudeba(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
During my 100lv, 1 maths course exam we took I was so terrified I won't passed the course. The course lecturer was really hard on us, threatened us with difficult test questions only for the exams to be very cheap. Prior to D day, I only read small part of his handout & waha it was the small part that came out. Simple as ABC.. I smiled & finished before the time, gazing at other colleagues struggling to finish.
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Oxtertee(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
Benwallt:
Hmmmm. 200level , a day the exam was wen we were given matric number and after finishing the last paper and submitted. Just outside the hall, I checked the number and realised I had missed the numbers. Instead of 365 I wrote 635. I quick approach the lecturer in charge, told him what just transpired and he said I shouldn't worry or bother that I had failed the course already that I should prepare to write it next year. He refused to let me change the number.

I had to go and beg whose course it was after the scripts were submitted. That one was human enough to allow me.

grin grin grin grin how would one explain that he failed a course coz of wrong matric no.
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Oxtertee(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
It was during one uninteresting course exam, I didn't actually prepare for the exam coz I didn't like the course. So when the question was distributed, I couldn't only answer 3 out of 5 question we were asked to answer, I reach out to the guy infront of me to bail me out, but the guy ignore me and was busy with what he was writing, I felt bad coz we are in the same sabi book cacuas in the class, but i still help those around me with the few answer I know.

To my surprise, I scored more than bro John that was forming busy when the result came out.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by yusman14(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
FitCorper:
grin
Op you want to take me down memory lane. Lol well I have had many crazy experience but two were outstanding because I expected to fail these courses but the results were diff.
1) During my 200level first semester in we were writing gly201 which was introduction to geology, I was sitting cbetween my guys Femi and Nelson. Nelson was a brain box and just kept on writing and drawing diff diagrams. I just Dey pity myself for exam hall as I never write anything because the lecturer Dr Fadiya use big big grammar take ask simple question o. I asked Nelson to open work small make I photocopy baba nor wan answer me, after like 30 mins I vex stand up take excuse comot hall go the basement which was empty as the exam was in the evening, I just bring out sk wrap am smoke very well for like 30 mins before I go buy to Tomtom chew and drink water, na so my mind calm down, I go back hall Sidon I look Femi never still write our two begin Dey look each other Dey smile because we know say na f we Dey play with so. As if I was possessed I just drag Nelson script open am begin dub Nelson o shock open mouth na Femi ask am say β€œif we fail this course you go like am?” Baba quiet come say make we fast I just pack diagram full all my script and dub the diagram explanation too. Come give am back small time we change formation come begin Dey dub from am as e Dey write. Result come out I get 50 while Femi get 56 I surprise o because na same thing me and copy.

2)During our chm101 practical exams the instructor a masters student was busy attending to the ladies and was ignoring our section β€œWetin man do man?” I no know o. We don wait fire me wen b stranger when small Yoruba just Dey sweet , not that I even know the meaning of the words o, but I just enjoy using them. I just shouted β€œOgbeni come answer us make we gerat jare. Immediately it was as if angel pass the hall 2 secs everywhere quiet the man begin rant who said that stand up. For where, nobody talk anything the man rant rant upandan say all the guys go carry the course over if them no talk. Everybody pim. Last last when result come out almost everybody get A sotey if you get B or C u become a laughing stock. Me get A sha. But na useless 1 unit course.
I miss my oau days sha. I had every grade the school had to offer from A-F.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
When I read your second experience, I knew u are a great Ife alumnus..I did the practical too...it is a sure A..

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Quidsin(f): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Adesoye in Economics department. I will not mention the school.

My biro fell down, he asked me to write 'minus -70', that he was going to sign off on it.

Wicked short man devil.
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by ThatrealestApex: 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
C
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Educonomist: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
shantti:

I don burst laugh tireπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Jymsyno: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
I remember when I was writing my CIS exam in PH in one Hotel. One of the candidates, a fat man for that matter dozed off and was snoring wildly while the rest of us were struggling to finish the questions against the leanly allotted time.
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by malikombi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
A very bad one in 2010.
Barely 10 minutes into the exam, I requested a pencil from a friend of mine and this lecturer showed up from nowhere.....You and you (pointing to me and my colleague); stand up!!!
He collected our scripts and that's the end of the exam.
The cheapest biochemistry course of that session; we failed. 😭
I sincerely use this medium to apologize to Matthew once again regarding the matter.
We were both devastated and but able to avoid extra year.
That carry over disfigure my 100% record in transcript but Alhamdulilah for everything in the end.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by sharpwriter(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
kereman1:
Another one, my department was one of the most unserious dept in futo, from students to hod, student come 5hours early just to keep seat for friends, we call it formation, our then departmental sec gen, obinna, was already at our exam centre at 5:30am to set formation, for a 9am exam, me and tolu got there by 6am, obinna had sellected the juicy Blindspot for his formation, he claimed over 20seats claiming that, it was for him, his guys and some mercineries, me and tolu wanted to be in the formation but obinna refuse, we beat up obinna before his colleagues came over, las las we still join the formation.
Guy, e sure me say you no sabi book grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 2018 Aberystwyth University International Scholarships Is On, See Details / You’re Insincere, Deceptive, ASUU Tells FG / Waec Subject Required For Economics Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.